It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evidence For Jesus' Existence Is Nothing But Hearsay

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone Collector
Interesting, Jesus was or not could have been a carpenter because all the structures at that time were either stone or mud brick so it would fall in line that he would have had to be a stone mason or bricklayer....

This is an interesting point. Can you direct me somewhere this is confirmed?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Read theparacast.com/alieninterview in it is the transcript of an interview with a space alien in 1947, hidden by Mrs. Metilda O'Donnell until just before her death. This alien mentions Jesus Christ as an unusual human being that they tried to use to teach mankind that we are all immortal beings imprisioned in human bodies. But the alien said this message was misunderstood and corrupted by the humans of that time. So there really might be something to the Jesus Christ story after all. Cat Man

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Interesting, Jesus was or not could have been a carpenter because all the structures at that time were either stone or mud brick so it would fall in line that he would have had to be a stone mason or bricklayer....

You don't know what type of carpenter he was. In that area still today they do make a lot of carvings and other such things from olive trees.

www.bethlehemolivewood.net...

PRAISE JESUS!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I can put it like this: There may be no physical proof of his existence, yet there is still, to this day, nothing to discredit or disprove his existence.

One question I have for the entire world.WHy does EVERYONE try to disprove JESUS??? Why not Mohamed and the Muslim religion??? or Jewish or Sikh or Budah or the chick with 4 arms and legs, LOL.

This alone proves there is a force of somesort trying to discredit him(for centuries) because his words and teachings are an actual threat to their corrupt agendas and immoral ways of life. Jesus and Christianity are the most mocked since it's existence to this day. Even television programs and cartoons mock his teachings and existence.Every other religion is ready to mass murder when their God is mocked. Yet I never hear any defiance or resistance to this and these teachings.

I personally think all religion is altered to suit the needs of it's people and the manipulation of rights and laws in their favor. But I will say this. Jesus' teachings are of peace and love and helping your fellow people turn to God and purity of soul. Especially the most troubled who are far from God and need the most help.Also to be free from all worldly possesions which cloud and corrupt the judgement of one mind, body and soul. I'm just curious as to whether any other religions teach this??

To be honest I don't believe every word of everything I read,but why would anyone want to disprove the existence of a man whose teachings helped to make multitudes of people and their beliefs more pure which in turn makes this world just a little bit better to live in????

Regardless if he existed or not, I thank his father The Almighty God,Creator,Lifeforce,Alien,Mother nature (or whatever you may call him)of all living things, for what I have learned from his teachings which helped to make me a better person. If these teachings can turn me into a human being, that is all the proof I need. God Bless in the name of Christ (if he exists)LOL.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by 19DCW71]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

You don't know what type of carpenter he was. In that area still today they do make a lot of carvings and other such things from olive trees.

www.bethlehemolivewood.net...

PRAISE JESUS!!!!

No where in the NT does it say Jesus was a carpenter, his father was supposedly a carpenter and Jesus was often referred to as the son of a carpenter. And there is no prophecy in the OT that says Jesus was one either.The only occupation Jesus was ever given in the NT was that of a Rabbi. Jesus did a lot of preaching to Kings of the time and its not likely they would have invited a carpenter into their castles to talk religious matters. The Pharisee of the time were very picky about who they invited for dinner. For Christians this a hard pill to swallow but it was not always customary for children to follow the same occupational path as their parents. Furthermore things have changed drastically over the past 1600 years since Jesus walked those lands. It was never said in any scripture that Jesus was handy with a hammer. Looking at the infrastructure of the period carpenters would not have been in very big demand except as you say to carve trinkets and other novelties.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 19DCW71

At the risk of having to look at your freaky looking avatar anymore, I want to share something with you.

something.

Get back to me once you have read through to the end. u2u me even.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19DCW71
I can put it like this: There may be no physical proof of his existence, yet there is still, to this day, nothing to discredit or disprove his existence.

Can you think of any other thing that the rule applies to?

UFOs, Big foot, loch ness, unicorns, ghosts, shadow people, telekinesis, physics... REPTILIANS!

The list goes on and on.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

No where in the NT does it say Jesus was a carpenter

So then why would you even say that Jesus couldn't be a carpenter and use stone structures as an example?

I'm not a Christian but I pulled this up:

Carpenter

An artificer in stone, iron, and copper, as well as in wood (2 Sam. 5:11; 1 Chr. 14:1; Mark 6:3). The tools used by carpenters are mentioned in 1 Sam. 13:19, 20; Judg. 4:21; Isa. 10:15; 44:13. It was said of our Lord, "Is not this the carpenter's son?" (Matt. 13:55); also, "Is not this the carpenter?" (Mark 6:3). Every Jew, even the rabbis, learned some handicraft: Paul was a tentmaker. "In the cities the carpenters would be Greeks, and skilled workmen; the carpenter of a provincial village could only have held a very humble position, and secured a very moderate competence."

So your other post is invalidated twice. It took me 5 seconds to find this:

Mark 6

A Prophet Without Honor

1 Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples. 2 When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed.

"Where did this man get these things?" they asked. "What's this wisdom that has been given him, that he even does miracles! 3 Isn't this the carpenter? Isn't this Mary's son and the brother of James, Joseph,[a] Judas and Simon? Aren't his sisters here with us?" And they took offense at him.

4 Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor." 5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6 And he was amazed at their lack of faith.

So what are you spreading these LIES OF SATAN!

It's clear you have an agenda. You must be an agent of evil! I ban thee!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Yes this is a good point but doesn't mean that these things do not exist.As i have stated it doesn't matter to me if he existed or not, just that it worked for me and helped me get through certain aspects of life where I had serious problems. If bigfoot helped me, then I would have a picture of him in my avatar.LOL.

I'm a very open minded person and nothing is too bizzare or strange for me to believe. so i take the good of whatever subject or topic and put it to use i my life.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
reply to post by 19DCW71

At the risk of having to look at your freaky looking avatar anymore, I want to share something with you.

something.

Get back to me once you have read through to the end. u2u me even.

With all due respect I could care less about what Jesus occupation was. I am only saying that if you compare the infrastructure of the period with his supposedly carpenter occupation it don't add up to 2. I am not getting into a Christian debate here, for one I am fairly new to this site, and two I have large problems with some of the biblical scripture as it is written. Now if you can show proof that the NT or OT said he was a carpenter I will buy that.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone Collector

I'm not sure you responded to the right post.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19DCW71

Yes this is a good point but doesn't mean that these things do not exist.As i have stated it doesn't matter to me if he existed or not, just that it worked for me and helped me get through certain aspects of life where I had serious problems. If bigfoot helped me, then I would have a picture of him in my avatar.LOL.

I'm a very open minded person and nothing is too bizzare or strange for me to believe. so i take the good of whatever subject or topic and put it to use i my life.

Perhaps if you would have asked big foot for help, he would have?

Jesus is who many people are taught to ask for help. Once it appears to work once, then you know the rest of the story. Of course, others swear by other forms, and others don't like asking for help at all.

This place is funny because you have people who believe in UFOs and Aliens, Bigfoot, the NWO and all that other stuff, but they just can't understand how someone could believe in Jesus while alleging that there is no concrete evidence that he ever existed.

The question of if he existed or not is not important because he does exist - in the minds and hearts of even those people who are arguing against him.

Ideas are powerful.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

I'm gonna have to get back to you I'm on the way out the door, but read a little of it. So far it's just as EVERYTHING else in this world. It's just another man's opinion (which I can respect). It's a manipulation or play on words and still proves nothing.It's very easy to take a quote out of a bible and put it to suit your needs, yet if you take the rest of the quote,totally changes it's meaning.I had this same manipulation of words and testimony happen to me when an illegal immigrant filed a false Worker's comp claim against me and actually won. Manipulation of testimony which resulted in the manipulators giving themselves a settelement ov over $40,000 (which they'll never see a dollar of.

A little example of a manipulation of words

We're all human and it's nature to have violence or defiance against those things in life which opress us.For people to sit back and not get angry or have an occasional outburst or protect ones self is inhuman. For anyone or any living thing to act otherwise, is what you shold be afraid of.Kind of the way our Gov't portrays themselves to be. W/out sin. Always bringing up God yet their actions are the farthest thing from pure. but they can't stop trying to appeal to the public w/these tactics.Personally doesn't matter if he's real or not but as I stated before, i take what works for me, besides the fact that many of us can read the same sentences and come up w/different meanings or understandings.

I'll get back to you later tonight when I get home.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

With all due respect I could care less about what Jesus occupation was. I am only saying that if you compare the infrastructure of the period with his supposedly carpenter occupation it don't add up to

That doesn't even apply considering that the bible defines a carpenter as someone who can work with stone. I don't think you are fully grasping the facts.

2. I am not getting into a Christian debate here, for one I am fairly new to this site, and two I have large problems with some of the biblical scripture as it is written. Now if you can show proof that the NT or OT said he was a carpenter I will buy that.

The only concrete proof is the one you will fine for yourself. I've provided the passage that says “Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary…" I'm not a Christan, but that's good enough for me. I highly doubt there was some other guy there they were talking about who could perform miracles and was the son of Mary. Just accept it, that's proof enough.

If you are looking for something that says "JESUS CHRIST WAS A CARPENTER WHO WORKED WITH TOOLS AND STONE" you are only kidding yourself, and your intelligence - no offense.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Ideas are powerful. i like the expression. This is a true point you make and a very good observation. Something I just learned. I take what is of relevance and am open minded to know I know very little and will learn something from everyone daily. Thanks for the Shcooling.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 19DCW71

Not everything can be overlooked by the sweeping generalisation that all the words have been manipulated. That's a fallacy. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen ether.

No, I'm of the school of thought that while some may manipulate words to attack Christianity, Christianity does it just as much if not more than the attackers.

Btw, some of those examples are pretty clear cut.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Sounds to me like this Jesus Guy was a cult leader.. Good thing he wasn't born under a star in Waco eh?

Religion is for those who need it. Those who would do evil or stand stagnant without it. It was a way to control the masses in a time when humanity was in it's infancy.

Now a days religion simply holds us back... keeps us in that infancy. I feel we'd be better off without it and those who cannot get along without it.

Teach my son the earth is Six thousand years old? I don't think so...

Tell me evolution is not correct, or near correct.. Bleh.. because it's more probable a man in the sky made it all? ROFL...

Dinosaur bones and the fossil record was placed there by SATAN?? ROFL!! To keep us from the path!! LOL!!

The major religions are an abomination on us all, they let the few control the many in a way that demeans us all. I believe in a chaotic random universe that happens because it is happening. One would look toward R. Dawkins for a better explanation or any of the other serious world intelligencia.

-Hmm

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70
reply to post by AlexG141989

I disagree with your hearsay arguement.

What motivation would anybody have to write about Jesus unless he was real?

ever hear of fan fiction? today, hundreds, if not thousands, of people write works derivative from the works of others. Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter are just a few examples of fictional characters/worlds that have inspired people to write about them from their own imaginations. Your argument does not hold water, man.

Why didn't contemporary historians write about Jesus if he was so well known and had all these multitudes following him about everywhere? This is a big question that needs to be answered if a case for his existence is to be made.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
reply to post by 19DCW71

Not everything can be overlooked by the sweeping generalisation that all the words have been manipulated. That's a fallacy. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen ether.

No, I'm of the school of thought that while some may manipulate words to attack Christianity, Christianity does it just as much if not more than the attackers.

Btw, some of those examples are pretty clear cut.

One thing i have noticed about this example is that they all come from the Gospels in the bible.
I would like to see the same from the Non-canonical Gospels of Thomas, Mary, Judas, Infancy Gospel of Thomas, and Infancy Gospel of James.
This above was not introduce in the NT as we know it, so maybe because you will not find any thing resembling the example from the accepted Gospel of the bible then we can assume that we are talking about 2 different Jesus.

Kacou.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 19DCW71

I can put it like this: There may be no physical proof of his existence, yet there is still, to this day, nothing to discredit or disprove his existence. One question I have for the entire world.WHy does EVERYONE try to disprove JESUS???

Simple, because almost everyone who follows Jesus takes the bible literally and this results in the compulsion to expect everyone else to follow Jesus. This is the reason there is so much emphasis on getting to the bottom of the legitimacy of it all. The Christian are trying to shove all this down the throats of everyone (and also to influence the government to do likewise in the US). Get off everyone's backs with YOUR convictions and you won't draw so much attention and scrutiny to this subject!

If you want to share your beliefs and thoughts in a non condemning and unprejudiced manner, that is something all together different (but the bible has a "believe or die" mandate so that ain't gonna happen).

[edit on 4-9-2008 by whatsup]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join