It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what happened to the shuttle on mars ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Great post a star and Flag...

thats link has too much it... i am still chcking there... now i am felling like i should pick the originals from NASA site and do my own research

Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by dracodie

The original is here:
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

It appears to be a cloud formation. The colorization is fake and makes it appear to be more than it is.

yes there is a cloud formation with something else in the cloud...it's easy to see it

and i already posted the original under the picture

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

a cloud formation?

no way....

it's too much out of prospective...

first I thought it was a raindrop on the camera glass, then I remembered that someone here told me there can not be liquid water on Mars...(riiightttt
), so I thought of a dust particle...
but if it is so dry up there (
) how could it stick to the glass?

therefore I concluded it cannot be nor dust, nor liquid, nor a cloud formation...
so it must be a....UFO!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Looks like our buddy Mr. Skipper or whatever his name is over at Mars Anomaly Research better get his book out stat! Don't ya think?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralLee

Looks like our buddy Mr. Skipper or whatever his name is over at Mars Anomaly Research better get his book out stat! Don't ya think?

haha...

well i have not seen anything posted in this thread at his site so you might be right..thanks for checkin this out

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkraver
first I thought it was a raindrop on the camera glass, then I remembered that someone here told me there can not be liquid water on Mars...(riiightttt
),

The air pressure of mars is about .6kPa. Water's triple point is just above that, and even at that point water can only briefly exist simulataneously with ice and vapor as it transitions from one phase to another, it wouldn't stick around in a natural environment:
www.kmacgill.com...

so I thought of a dust particle...
but if it is so dry up there (
) how could it stick to the glass?

It looks like a formation in the clouds. It'd be much more convincing as a dust particle if it didn't move in an animation. A single photo isn't conclusive without a control image for comparison. And dust can stick to glass just fine without water - simple friction will keep it in place until a suitably large gust of wind moves it. Objects at rest tend to stay at rest until acted upon by an outside force.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Hi Nohup
I usually love your posts but NOT: IMO you are wrong: the explanation is not consistent with what we see. This cannot be explained in that way

Yeah, but don't you find it somewhat convenient that so many other features in the photo line up so well with the "shuttle," and even have roughly the same albedo? The streaks inside what I assume is a crater might be slightly truncated because they are limited by that feature, and that might give them a more tubular appearance, but otherwise, the stuff matches up pretty good.

Ordinarily, I would say that if it was something that was really a lot different than anything else in the surrounding area, that would make it more likely to be an "anomaly," whether natural, or if you're inclined toward more fantasy, artificial. But this has too many other things around it that are similar.

What's your take on it? If not windblown dust or ice, could it be parallel subsurface layering exposed by some other kind of weathering?

Edit to Add: If somebody was really looking for a good anomaly in the photo, they'd be better off concentrating on that little thing just to the north:

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Interesting pictures to say the least. Could there be missions to Mars, yes there could be but not likely due to the time it would take to get there and back. So what is it then? I would say that Nohup is on the right path. As far as the cloud pictures go, the object in the center almost looks like the eye of a hurricane or tropical storm. I know there is atmosphere on mars, but is it possible for such storms to appear there as well?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Hi Nohup
I usually love your posts but NOT: IMO you are wrong: the explanation is not consistent with what we see. This cannot be explained in that way

Yeah, but don't you find it somewhat convenient that so many other features in the photo line up so well with the "shuttle," and even have roughly the same albedo? The streaks inside what I assume is a crater might be slightly truncated because they are limited by that feature, and that might give them a more tubular appearance, but otherwise, the stuff matches up pretty good.

Ordinarily, I would say that if it was something that was really a lot different than anything else in the surrounding area, that would make it more likely to be an "anomaly," whether natural, or if you're inclined toward more fantasy, artificial. But this has too many other things around it that are similar.

What's your take on it? If not windblown dust or ice, could it be parallel subsurface layering exposed by some other kind of weathering?

Yes, absolutely: i would be a LIAR if i wouldn't recognize it, mate
Here the direction of the winds is consistent with the anomaly. But that doesn't explain the feature. I mean, let's focus on the anomaly by itselfs: it's not a rock, it's not a crater, but as you CORRECTLY point out, it is consistent with the direction of the wind
Nothing comes in mind as possible explanation: yes maybe a natural formation but an extremely strange one
Do you agree about its strangeness, or do you think that it is an ordinary bunch of rocks? BTW:to discuss this stuff with people like you, makes me proud to be an ATSer, THIS is what makes this website unique

[edit on 4/9/2008 by internos]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
great pictures! I wonder if there really are clouds on Mars and a blue sky much like here on Earth. As far as missions to Mars go, Im sure we ve been there and have bases there as we do on the moon as well. Have you guys heard of Alternative 3? I look at it this way, if we were able to go to the moon in a tin can in the 60s and we had stealth technology back in the 70s then who knows what we have now almost half a century later. Are we that neive to think that no progress has been made in space exploration? If its a goverment/military project why would the tell us? I would almost be sure that Mars/Moom missions have been ongoing since the 60s. Maybe one day we will know the real truth but probably not!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Nothing comes in mind as possible explanation: yes maybe a natural formation but an extremely strange one
Do you agree about its strangeness, or do you think that it is an ordinary bunh of rocks?

That photo has a lot of interesting erosional features. However, I tend to think that since at this time we have definitive proof of only a few real artifacts on the surface of Mars (those we either landed or crashed there ourselves), we're going to have to assume that anything else we see there is either rock or ice or fog or even clouds, until it can be proven otherwise -- which is unfortunately impossible to do with just a photo.

The thing in the crater, whether it's rocks or ice or whatever, is admittedly out of the ordinary enough for us for it to draw our attention, so I can't really say it's strictly ordinary. One interesting thing about it, though, is that it seems to be more "out of focus" than some of the other stuff around it, too. For instance, look at the little "crashed airplane" which is located just to the north of the stuff in the crater (see below). That thing is actually pretty sharply focused, compared to the crater object.

So what is making the crater object appear more out of focus than everything around it? In my thinking, I would say that either the thing itself is diffuse, like spreading, windblown sand, which would be consistent with other features in the picture, or there is something like fog over the top of it, blurring it out.

Ultimately, however, unless something appears in a photo that is so obviously artificial that it just can't be anything else (yes, I know it's subjective, and I'm a tough sell), I have to essentially say that even though I don't know for sure what it is, because I don't have any more information about it, I can only assume it's probably some eye-catching but completely natural formation of some kind.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

The air pressure of mars is about .6kPa. Water's triple point is just above that, and even at that point water can only briefly exist simulataneously with ice and vapor as it transitions from one phase to another, it wouldn't stick around in a natural environment:
www.kmacgill.com...

oh, we had a great little conversation about water triple point here not so long ago....

anyway my conclusion was that pressure and temperature conditions in ex. phoenix northern landing site is quite convenient to sustain liquid water from that ice they found, at least at some cirkadial point of a Sol...

the variations in these two factors are quite big and are quite around that triple point,not to conclude there is a possible chance of liquid water up there...
when you add other atmospheric conditions such as winds and its kinetic energy potential...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Rather than a crater, I think the "thing" in question is an elevated area. Note that in the extreme south end there are some circular features of similar size which can be easier identified as hills or dunes. Also note the expanse of dunes south of the "thing".

I find the very dark region immediately north of the "thing" interesting. There is a light area with a large dark plume north of that, then another large dark area. This suggests that the large dark areas are regions of extreme ejection of dark material from below the surface.

The area around the "thing" is not as dark as the darker areas.

Here's my aerologic theory:

The area around the "thing" is older than the very dark areas. Sometime after the laydown of the dark material in this area, large dunes of light colored material were formed on top of the dark material. The lighter color of the area surrounding the "thing" is accountable by a layer of this light colored material partially covering the original dark material (note how it gets lighter and lighter toward the area of heavy duning). The plumes from the "thing" are material from the martian CO2 "geysers" as evidenced by similar plumes to the east.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by isa75

it is possible that the first picture is some type of space craft...

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

here is a video of somebody landing on Mars...

www.youtube.com...

I always liked that 'Mars Landing' because the atmosphere was blue-ish grey. Only recently did NASA admit to 'color correcting' the pictures of the atmosphere, if I remember. Kind of silly, NASA!

Also, cool link on the cosmicmarsanoms site.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

hey internos
what is this ?

looks mighty square shaped to me ??? not many square craters on Mars is there ?
please comment on this...

www.msss.com...

also found this from viking...very strange don't you think ?

www.msss.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It is possible that the first picture posted (of the possible "shuttle") could be a remnant of a probe sent to Mars years ago.
There was the failed probe/lander Beagle 2 that was lost contact with a few years ago and that could be debris from the probe.

There are probably a lot of other probes sent by NASA and other space agencies that have not been disclosed to the public and that could the the remants or debris of one of them.
Also if there are other known/unknown probes that were sent to investigate other planets or were attempting to use Mars as a sling shot to another part of the system in an experiment ect, then it could be debris from that.

There are a lot of possible explanations for the picture but admittedly the most exciting is the shuttle/space craft theory.
Who knows perhaps it is a probe sent by another intelligence/solar system that was sent to Mars or crashed on Mars after being sent on a mission out of their solar system like we have sent probes out of our system in the past.

A lot of possible explanations thhough i really do hope that the shuttle/space craft one is the right one.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by full997]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by full997

thanks for your reply

It is possible that the first picture posted (of the possible "shuttle") could be a remnant of a probe sent to Mars years ago.

yes i agree but whatever this thing is it would have to be pretty big and i am not sure if a satellite would be this size. the shuttle carry's satellites in it's payload bay and deploys them in space orbit i believe.

here are some enhanced pictures of the shuttle on mars !

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

thanks Nohup for posting that picture...

If somebody was really looking for a good anomaly in the photo, they'd be better off concentrating on that little thing just to the north:

kinda looks like an airplane ? very strange indeed...

what do you think about this thing i found in the picture ?

it was hidden in the blacked out area towards the top of the photo and does not look like a naturally occuring structure ??

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
is it the space shuttle ?

could the secret military space shuttle is actually going to Mars ?

looks like a ship to me??? if not what is it ?

Intersting, ill come back and see how this turns out.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Interesting pictures. And uh... That thing on the map looks pretty intact to be a "remnant" of a failed probe...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join