It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what happened to the shuttle on mars ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You never know, maybe it is a remnant or a failed probe just a very intact one lol.
By a failed probe i meant one that had landed successfully but all contact had been lost with it.
I suppose that a probe could be programmed so that once it detects certain atmosphere it will land and take readings etc.
It is entirely possible that another intelligence is searching for plantets with the same or very similar atmosphere as Mars, possibly because their planet has a Mars type atmoshpere.

The same way that humans look for planets of an Earth type, perhaps other intelligences are looking for atmosphere that matches their home planet.

Looking back over the photos, especially the ones that easynow posted after my post, then it does really seem like it is a shuttle type craft.
The shape does look like it still has its boosters or some kind of booster assembly still attached.

Imagine that a shuttle is launched in secret not from the U.S. but from somewhere nearer the equator.
Further imagine that along with the usual fuel tank and boosters that there was a secondary booster assembly attached.
Once the usual launch had taken place and the shuttle was safely out of the earths atmosphere/orbit, then the secondary boosters were ignited to give the shuttle the extra push needed to get to Mars.

Now what if the secondary boosters were infact using some other than standard type of propulsion, an experimental system for example being tried to make sure that when the official publicised mission to mars takes place that it will work and can be done safely.

What if it the shuttle contained some kind of experimental power system/source such as a nuclear reactor to power the ship.
I had read somewhere (probably on ATS) about a review of project Orion i think it was called, which was the idea from years ago about using multiple nuclear detonations to launch a space craft.
If an onboard nuclear reacture could be used to generate a series of low level nuclear detonations out of the back of the shuttle against a detonator plate for example to propel the shuttle towards Mars.

These are just my thoughts as they popped into my head (my head is a clutter of ideas lol) so make of it what you will.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by full997

Looking back over the photos, especially the ones that easynow posted after my post, then it does really seem like it is a shuttle type craft.
The shape does look like it still has its boosters or some kind of booster assembly still attached.

thanks for checking back and taking another look at the photo's

there is some similarities to the space shuttle indeed !

if lockheed skunkworks is 50 yrs. ahead in technology there is no doubt in my mind that we have been to Mars already.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by full997

here are some enhanced pictures of the shuttle on mars !

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think you're forgetting the shuttle needs a runway to land, not just a landing pad.

Just a thought

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I think you're forgetting the shuttle needs a runway to land, not just a landing pad.

Just a thought

remember this is probably a secret military craft.

nahh..we don't need no runway...

revver.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I guess thats a possibility but they would have to carry more fuel to land then.

Also, if the shuttles that land here on earth could land vertically, they would. Particularly if it is the same tech as a harrier.

I guess though, if the technology is still classified like some sort of anti-gravity then it could make sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join