It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Putin saves TV crew from Siberian tiger

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Tiger is often used symbolically to represent asia (and their so-called tiger-economies), and he was in the far east of Russia, somewhere over China? So given the story seems flimsy, i wonder if he is sending a message to the 'Asian alliance' lack of support for his exploits in Georgia.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

I hear Putin is related to Chuck Norris.

I'd love to see the video footage of this event.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I love the way he pushes his chest out and tenses his pecks.. What a complete loser.

Leaders should show responsibility, care, intelligence, and strength of the mind.

Not how big their muscles are! (Which aren't very big anyway!)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
lol @ this thread..

Now if only we could have macho leaders in the West like Putin. All we get is a gungho president that tries to be macho but fails at every attempt

$10 says Putin would KO Bush with a headbutt in the ring..

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Nonchalant]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant
lol @ this thread..

Now if only we could have macho leaders in the West like Putin. All we get is a gungho president that tries to be macho but fails at every attempt

Isn't Arnie next in line for your presidency? He's going to terminate crime, you know.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Putin Dog Sledding. (or is he casually defeating ten men in a tug of war and apparently with ease?)

Putin Getting Thrown. (or is he flying?)

Putin Swimming with Dolphins (or is he fighting sharks?)

Putin Flying in Fighter Jet (or is he Flying it? do planes go higher with Putin in them?)

Putin Tamin' a Wild Stallion
(or having captured a Unicorn has he decided to surgically remove the horn for the animals own safety?)

And now Putin has taken down a Siberian Tiger.
I bet he wanted to go at it bare knuckles. I'm glad he deiced to show some restraint, Being that Siberian Tigers are endangered...

Putin Defeating the New World Order (or is he?)

[edit on 1-9-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
At least he's actually doing things. I'm sick of the porcelin politicians you get these days, clearly fat as hell (go Chubby Gordo Brown!) and incapable of doing anything in particular, other than sitting around wobbling their jowels and giving pseudo answers to any direct question you ask them.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I saw this story run on sky news (british version of fox)
And even tho it ran straight after they were talking about how putin is a danger to the west
They praised him as a hero and said "he may provoke fear into hearts of many westerners but today mr.putin heroiclly saved a camera crew from a tiger using only a tranq. gun"
So i doubt the propaganda side of it

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I have always said I find Putin to be attractive. He's strong, has a sexy russian accent, can kick ass, and doesn't take sh*t from anybody.

I find him to be the sexiest leader evah!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Oh keep your panties on. Or boxer shorts.

It's all clear propaganda. He's a tiny wimp of a man, as is George Bush. But since all their lives they have been information whores they know the value of how people perceive them. So they stage events for the feeble minded to adore them.

This reminds me of when Bush Jr landed on the "Mission Accomplished" aircraft carrier, despite the fact he was in a tandem two seater with some other pilot and the fact he probably has never had carrier landing training as he was a pilot in the national guard, that last time I checked didn't have aircraft carriers. If he even was a pilot, if it wasn't daddy faking him a career on paper. Yet people still wet their pants despite the obvious deception.

These are the same people that like watching magicians deceive them and put no effort into figuring out the tricks.

As for me I prefer to know how things really are.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
I think bush could take him.

Bush would prob hold the gun the wrong way and shoot himself in the face.....if we were lucky

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Putin is a rockstar at home.

I would rather have him for our President than McCain, OBY or Bush.

not to mention that he is hot!!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by chips

this tv crew must be pro-putin.other russian news reporters that put him in a negative light (tell the truth?)have a strange habit of being found dead either from gunshot wounds or poison.
i suspect that crew might have been eaten alive if they were naysayers ?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
maybe vlad and sara could go hunting together,become hunting buddies now that would be what i wuold call foriegn experience. ya never know they could become good freinds.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Putin is Teddy Roosevelt incarnate... a mans man amongst political wimps. Bush on the other hand, would rather hide behind the gap toothed smile his partner Condolezza Rice.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I don't buy this for a second.

Propaganda pure and simple.

Putin has some of the most highly trained bodyguards in the world. IF Putin was indeed the shooter then it was a "catch a fish in a bucket" scenario.

It's just ridiculous to think that out of all the highly professional protection surrounding Putin, that he, Putin HAD to be the TV crew's savior.

Kudos to Putin's PR team. Hooray...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here is the BBC report on the incident. Pity it doesn't show Putin shooting the tiger though. It could well be a publicity stunt, but seeing as George Bush now has to do something equally brave in order to save face I say he goes out and shoots a big foot :-)

BBC Putin shoots a tiger

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Putin is ex-KGB and reported by certain reporters to be a former GRU unit , whose task was espionage and spying in West Germany

also ,hes a black Belt and fearless ....

well, could have shot the tiger .....

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
With all this talk of who would win in a fight putin or bush I have a simple request.

Putin if I pay you 10,000 US Dollars will you come over here and beat up george bush jr for us. We would probably even be able to get the nation to pull together some more cash, if you do it all on PPV for the world public. Not because I want to see the US humiliated by Russia (I don't) but I really would like to see some justice done against bush jr.

If the crowd screams for an encore could you please jump out of the ring like a Pro Wrestler on a mission of public service and beat the crap out of the rest of bush's cronies?

Please...pretty please. we promise the american population will not concider this an act of war, just an act of compassion towards the people of the US.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
at least he didn't shoot the guy in the face.

-

thats true.. either cheneys aim is bad... or he shot this guy on purpose... either way this makes putin a "hero" to russians... Bush or cheney would have run.... and left those there to die

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join