It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Putin saves TV crew from Siberian tiger

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
reply to post by Merigold

Oh keep your panties on. Or boxer shorts.

It's all clear propaganda. He's a tiny wimp of a man, as is George Bush. But since all their lives they have been information whores they know the value of how people perceive them. So they stage events for the feeble minded to adore them.

This reminds me of when Bush Jr landed on the "Mission Accomplished" aircraft carrier, despite the fact he was in a tandem two seater with some other pilot and the fact he probably has never had carrier landing training as he was a pilot in the national guard, that last time I checked didn't have aircraft carriers. If he even was a pilot, if it wasn't daddy faking him a career on paper. Yet people still wet their pants despite the obvious deception.

These are the same people that like watching magicians deceive them and put no effort into figuring out the tricks.

As for me I prefer to know how things really are.

Yep your right, you know what he was in the KGB don't you?
An analyst hahaha
Like Bush was in the air national guard to avoid going to combat in nam.
Both pansy's.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thecandyman

with goofy and her teath and i wouldnt be supprised

reply to post by paul76

Putin

EX KGB
black Belt
Wedge (built up)
active

Bush

Un-fit
gets attacked by pretzels
falls off Sigways
Coward (went AWOL when he should have been on the front line)

This would be the fight of the century

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

My boyfriend is dumb
He smokes and he's drunk
My boyfriend is dumb
More than Powers Austin

I told him 'get out'
I need a new boy
I thought and I know
He must be like Putin

*speechless*

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cadbury
Highly amusing.

Putin is also a black belt who can throw people in half with his arms.

And for those who didn't know Vlad Putin and Chuck Norris are half brothers.

Can anyone say "Cult of Personality" is alive and strong in Mother Russia?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This story would be better if:

1. Putin tore off his shirt and they photoshoped his head onto a wrestler

2. Instead of using a tranq gun he jumps with inhuman speed in front of the crew and wrestles with the Tiger

3. He then picks the tiger over his head and throws it bodily out of the way

4. He then shows his tender side and expresses affection to the tiger, and the tiger becomes submissive and a pic is taken of Putin petting him

5. Ninjas then pop out of the bushes and charges, and he defeats all of them in under 30 seconds

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

2. Instead of using a tranq gun he jumps with inhuman speed in front of the crew and wrestles with the Tiger

4. He then shows his tender side and expresses affection to the tiger, and the tiger becomes submissive and a pic is taken of Putin petting him

5. Ninjas then pop out of the bushes and charges, and he defeats all of them in under 30 seconds

this quote had me laughing

keep up the funny work , and don't make Putin look like some superman,or fool or both
who knows , next some will scream at you for not bashing Putin ,

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

You know.. I bet if it was Bush, he would have accidentally shot the news crew, and possibly himself in the process.

or maybe would have thought it was a cow or a horse and gotten so scared he peed himself.

So does he (Putin) carry a tranquilizer gun with him so he can awaken & torture his aggressors? lol

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodForbid
I love the way he pushes his chest out and tenses his pecks.. What a complete loser.

Leaders should show responsibility, care, intelligence, and strength of the mind.

Not how big their muscles are! (Which aren't very big anyway!)

Wow, you sure are bitter! Keep trying though

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It's all clear propaganda. He's a tiny wimp of a man, as is George Bush. But since all their lives they have been information whores they know the value of how people perceive them. So they stage events for the feeble minded to adore them.

This reminds me of when Bush Jr landed on the "Mission Accomplished" aircraft carrier, despite the fact he was in a tandem two seater with some other pilot and the fact he probably has never had carrier landing training as he was a pilot in the national guard, that last time I checked didn't have aircraft carriers. If he even was a pilot, if it wasn't daddy faking him a career on paper. Yet people still wet their pants despite the obvious deception.

These are the same people that like watching magicians deceive them and put no effort into figuring out the tricks.

You call the guy a whimp? Seriously?? He would kick your sorry ass without even winking, do you have any idea what 5th dan black belt in Judo is? I bet you don't do you..

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I just watched this on our news here.

Putin didn’t save doo-dee.

A group of men and newsmen were walking along in the forest when a guide pointed out the tiger to Putin (the tiger was just standing there in the bushes). Putin popped off a tranq round, the tiger went down, Putin helped fit the tiger with a collar, then they all took a picture together with the tiger, Putin’s hand resting on it’s sleeping head.

No charging tiger claws and fangs bared, no threat at all from it, no excitement, hardly more than a walk through the zoo much less the forest.
No *saved* part in that...

Got to admit Putin just oozes *Man* though... OUCH! He’s a hotty!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Totally staged, propaganda stunt...

Now, on a more serious note, I would like to see him go on a hunting trip with good old Dick Chaney...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by blabla123

You call the guy a whimp? Seriously?? He would kick your sorry ass without even winking, do you have any idea what 5th dan black belt in Judo is? I bet you don't do you..

Well, I've had small martial arts instructors that were pretty effective, so I guess there's a chance he could live up to the hype... But to be honest I doubt it.

Between my own training and the size difference I think I'd be ok for calling him a wimp... untill a bazillion bodyguards beat me into a pulp.

Like most politicians I go with a liar untill proven truthfull principle.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

You are clearly of the North Korea school of propaganda...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by setterman
maybe vlad and sara could go hunting together,become hunting buddies now that would be what i wuold call foriegn experience. ya never know they could become good freinds.

maybe;as long as putin forgets his cossack behavior and acts the perfect gentleman------sarah likes to display hunting trophies on her office wall

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snap
Sounds like propaganda to me. Tranq guns do not work as fast as they do in the movies. You will not stop a charging tiger with one. You would be lucky to stop a large charging animal with a real gun.

yeah, me thoughts exactly, but any politician that goes out and wrestles a tiger shirtless is pretty cool.(see i can make up things too)

joking aside, its a shame we are on the wrong side. all russia is trying to do is stop the american influance over there, not everyone wants a country like ameerika. think about it who are the bad guys here?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I was about to slam you for dissing magicians, until my brain finished your sentance. pointless post this

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well he neutralized a Tiger..

Maybe this was a coded message..

He did not kill it though, he saved his men from it..

Now lets see, Russia resides on the other side of the globe to US, US is their biggest adversary currently, so the most efficient way that Russia can be accessed militarily is through the airways, all that must have a military meaning of course, so lets see if tigers are a favorite icon in the US air force..

Check! Yes it is!

Fourteenth Air Force

The Fourteenth Air Force is a Numbered Air Force (NAF) of Air Force Space Command (AFSPC). It is a functional echelon dedicated to space systems operations, responsible for missile warning, space surveillance, and range operations for the Department of Defense, NASA, and commercial space launches. Fourteenth Air Force is headquartered at Vandenberg Air Force Base.

and has a considerable history behind it at it used to relate closely with China!

Origin of the Flying Tigers

Flying Tigers was the nickname of the 1st American Volunteer Group (AVG) that operated within the Chinese Air Force in 1941 and 1942. In essence, the group was a private military contractor, although they have also been called mercenaries. Its members were former United States Army (USAAF), Navy (USN), and Marine Corps (USMC) pilots and ground crew, recruited under Presidential approval and commanded by Claire Chennault. The group consisted of three fighter squadrons that trained in Burma before the American entry into World War II with the intention of defending China against Japanese forces.

The AVG was largely the creation of Claire L. Chennault, a retired U.S. Army Air Corps officer who became military aviation advisor to Chinese Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek in the Sino-Japanese War. Chennault's retirement from the U.S. Army, ostensibly for physical disability, probably owed much to the unpopularity of his advocacy of "pursuit" aviation over bombardment, contrary to the beliefs of the upper echelons of the USAAC, and to his hope that he could implement his theories in China.[1] Even before he retired, Chennault had been approached by Chinese Air Force (CAF) officials and offered the opportunity to undertake the training and organization of the CAF. He also saw it as a "chance to put his ideas into effect" in China.[2][1]

The Soviet Union supplied fighter and bomber squadrons to China, starting at the end of 1937, but the Russian units were mostly withdrawn from China in 1940. Chiang then asked for American combat aircraft and U.S. pilots to fly them. Since the U.S. was not at war, this could not happen openly, but the request was approved by President Franklin D. Roosevelt himself. The resulting clandestine operation was organized in large part by Lauchlin Currie, a young economist in the White House, and by Roosevelt intimate Thomas G. Corcoran. (Currie's assistant was John King Fairbank, who later became America's preeminent Asian scholar.) Financing was handled by China Defense Supplies – primarily Tommy Corcoran's creation – with money loaned by the U.S. government. Purchases were then made by the Chinese under the "Cash and Carry" provision of the Neutrality Act of 1939. [3]

Do I get a cookie?

[edit on 1-9-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
It's funny how Russia has a fit and physically tough leader, while our western leaders couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag.

Cheney did shoot some old guy in the face while "hunting" quail in a fish-in-a-barrel situation...you don't see bravery in that? You must be a liberal.

And he's survived six heart attacks too! To be able to drink heavily and shoot a guy in the face while hunting after all those heart attacks is something.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

Nice shot indeed

but - omg - that photo of him puffing his chest is priceless

oh god

star and flag just for that

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I like ole Putin. Always liked the guy.

Paradoxicals- Citizens in the US, Europe, and UK asking for Russias help. Who woulda thunk it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join