It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Putin saves TV crew from Siberian tiger

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
So... if you shave off Chuck Norris' beard you'd find that Putin lies underneath? I never knew he was a black belt.

Putin might have shot an attacking tiger, but...

Schwarzenegger.

Arnold traveled through time to stop machines from causing our certain doom, saved a Kindergarten class from certain doom, went into the heat of battle to rescue his family from certain doom, took on some crooked weapon designers armed with rail guns to save an innocent woman from certain doom, and even got magically transported out of a movie and into real life to save a young boy from certain doom.

And that's just one governor. Our Vice President shoots lawyers. In the face. And then he makes the people he shot apologize for making him watch their faces explode.

Putin may have showed some quick reaction and stopped the threat before anyone was hurt, but our Decider would have acted with the same decisive action if he were ever faced with a dangerous situation... right?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Jesse "The Body" Ventura eats Siberian tigers for breakfast and whips his butt with tiger tails......Putin gots nothing here, pleeez

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
i actually laughed out loud about this.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by TimeDog]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Yeah...Putin is a good shot. He killed plenty of people as head of KGB in East Germany. He got his power from knowning where the bodies are buried. Mostly because he put them there himself.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Bout time he put a few in the "saved" column, his "kill" column was getting kind of in need of a bigger filing cabinet:

Russia, which saw 88 reporters murdered over the past 10 years, is considered one of the most dangerous places in the world for journalists to work. It is second only to Iraq, where 138 media personnel have been killed over the same period.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
wot a joke. why did we not see him actually fire the gun,, because he didn't he was behind his bodygaurds hiding when it come a running. well done russian media you actually made him look stupid rather than some kind of bad ass

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chips

Putin was showing the effete Westerners the power of Russian manliness. notnews.today.com...

Palin, now ... she'll be a serious challenger. Killing a moose and eating its still-beating heart? No Russian man would dare cross a mother of five.

Obama, of course, would smile a dazzling smile and the tiger would stop in its tracks and slink off slightly ashamed.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
[edit on 2008/9/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think this just was a publicity stunt to be honest... But Hell, maybe he did.. Is there any video or pictures of this other than the one with Putin and the tranquilizer gun in his hand?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
i have not read any comments, and for me, this was staged or set up.

look at putin when hes crouched down at the tiger when its out cold, hes almost playing to a director.

Just my 2c

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
i have not read any comments, and for me, this was staged or set up.

look at putin when hes crouched down at the tiger when its out cold, hes almost playing to a director.

Just my 2c

Are you kidding me?
If I brought down a tiger- AND saved peoples lives in the process, I'd be laying with my arms around the sleeping thing, smiling for the camera!

Stop disputin' the Putin

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If I put down a tiger with a tranq dart, I'd be gettin' the fark out before it woke up.

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past them to have staged the whole thing. Some Russian special ops group probably trained a tiger to pretend to attack cameramen and then unleashed it where Putin and the crew would be at.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
If I put down a tiger with a tranq dart, I'd be gettin' the fark out before it woke up.

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past them to have staged the whole thing. Some Russian special ops group probably trained a tiger to pretend to attack cameramen and then unleashed it where Putin and the crew would be at.

Yeah.
That makes way more sense.
That the Russians have a special ops military squad specifically to train tigers.
Man, you see right through the veil!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

That the Russians have a special ops military squad specifically to train tigers.

That is not so ,of course. But Russians have special unit for guarding VIPs, like Putin. And i do not doubt their professionalism - if there was any chance for some miniature threat for prime minister Putin, tiger was toast.
And you should take the story with a pinch of salt after all. Soviet officials used to hunt (with real ammunition though) bears/hogs and those animals were indeed pre-captured and heavily sedated. And don't you find it weird that it was a tiger, not a bear? I would trust a bear story because bear is a symbol of Putin's party in his controlled democracy. It would look somewhat awkward if he shot a bear. But tiger is "politically correct". Timing is also very good for Putin. Subconsciously it is easy to connect how he got Saakashvilli and tiger.
I also think that it is a publicity stunt.
But i think that Putin is on his way to become tsar. So i am a LITTLE biased.
Edit. OOps. He is now a prime minister,not a president.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

That is not so ,of course. But Russians have special unit for guarding VIPs, like Putin. And i do not doubt their professionalism - if there was any chance for some miniature threat for president Putin, tiger was toast.
And you should take the story with a pinch of salt after all. Soviet officials used to hunt (with real ammunition though) bears/hogs and those animals were indeed pre-captured and heavily sedated. And don't you find it weird that it was a tiger, not a bear? I would trust a bear story because bear is a symbol of Putin's party in his controlled democracy. It would look somewhat awkward if he shot a bear. But tiger is "politically correct". Timing is also very good for Putin. Subconsciously it is easy to connect how he got Saakashvilli and tiger.
I also think that it is a publicity stunt.
But i think that Putin is on his way to become tsar. So i am a LITTLE biased.

Who cares?
He sedates a tiger.
Who, at the end of the day, honestly cares?
You all believe he had some sort of army backing him, some snipers perched in the trees above him- Waiting for the tiger to make the wrong move, all so that he can look like a hero.
But honestly, who cares?
He runs Russia.
He doesn't need to look like some sort of, action hero.

Taking the story with a grain of salt is one thing- But turning every piece of news, ever released, especially coming out of Russia into a conspiracy is sillyness.

Good for him, shooting a tiger.
If it was staged or not, if he had eighteen men behind him waiting to open a salvo onto the tiger or not- Whether or not it was a bear.

At least the Russian people have a leader with some brass.

What's Bush ever been good for?
Making the muppets look professional?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Are you people gullibale?

Seriosly, he didn't save anyone. He loves tigers and was out there helping in getting them marked. A TV crew was there to film it just like they did when Bill Clinton would go jogging.

He even praised the U.S. in its efforts to help save the largest cat on earth despite the current disagreement.s

You people fail.

Russia's state-run television showed footage Monday of the tough-talking prime minister's visit to the Far East, home of the rare Ussuri tiger. Russian media reports said Putin aided a program to track the tigers by shooting a 5-year-old female cat with a tranquilizer gun after it had freed itself from a restraint.

The televised footage showed Putin, deep in the woods, placing a collar with a tracking device around the knocked-out tiger's neck and patting its cheek like a pet. "She'll remember us," he said.

The Ussuri tiger is a unique animal -- it's the biggest cat on the planet," Putin said later, according to the daily Izvestia.

Putin, who has mostly been seen lately lashing out at the West over the crisis in Georgia, praised the United States for involvement in efforts to preserve the species.

[edit on 2-9-2008 by crisko]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
looks like a cover up to me

maybe he killed the endangered tiger and then media might have caught him, and he threatned them and told them to print this news...

[edit on 2-9-2008 by communicator]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

But turning every piece of news, ever released, especially coming out of Russia into a conspiracy is sillyness

Well if you pinpoint me to Russian mainstream media saying something not complimentary about Putin - i will stand corrected. You think that he is better then other leaders - could be. Not perfect though, right? And yet he is not criticized on anything. Sounds kind of familiar,doesn't it? I do not like Stalin - new or old.
One fine example why i do not trust Russian media much more then Western one:
You probably heard about American girl from South Osetia who was on Fox and how Fox managed the issue. Now here is what Fox did:
ru.youtube.com...

And this is what tens of millions of Russians saw. Including mister Putin (as shown in his CNN interview):
ru.youtube.com...
I do not know what it says as translation but compare coughing and whizzing add on. Why should i trust Russian sources?

As soon as he didn't like what she was saying, he started to interrupt her, he coughed, wheezed and screeched. All that remained for him to do was to soil his pants, in such a graphic way as to stop them. That's the only thing he didn't do, but, figuratively speaking, he was in that kind of state. Well, is that an honest and objective way to give information? Is that the way to inform the people of your own country? No, that is disinformation.

edition.cnn.com...
Well, i trust Western disinformation more. At least it is not so blunt.

Ram

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You ever seen that movie - "Enemy at the gates"..

They used a sniper to rise the morale of the soviet army...

Vasili...ww2.

(it's a symbol of strength)

what ever it means..

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Would have been horrific if it was staged, and it went wrong and the tiger eat them all.

a kinda russian meat dish so to speak, but for tigers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join