It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane warning to New Orleans.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies

Maybe i, and others have read the "you'll be on your own" to literally?

From reading the article, that says to me that you will have to fend for yourselves.

Does that mean shelter and food? Or does it mean they'll still rescue you if you are trapped and dieing?

I mean every day emergency services all over the world help people who have ignored instructions and done something they have been advised/told not to do. Drink driving, swimming in a place where you should not swim, getting stuck on a train track when you should not be there. Should the emergency services say "You're on your own because we did warn you!"?

Whilst i appreciate that if you are given warnings of a disaster of this magnitude, you are silly to ignore them, there are still some that will be there when disaster hits.

I'd like to think the administration would not relish the public seeing people being washed away and the emergency services not helping because they asked for it. That would possibly cause an even bigger reaction than the Katrina balls up.

The scary thing is, you never know how low the current administration will stoop nowadays.

I just hope everybody comes out of this safe, especially our friends here on ATS.

CX.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This can be a potentially very deadly hurricane(s), if they manage to merge, or overlap, the two will be extremely destructive!!!

It should be obvious that people do have to move to other areas for awhile until this passes! They have been warned!
Just do it. do it , do it.

Just go, darn it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
"you shouldnt have to rely on the government to bail you out you need to look out for your own safety and not rely on the government to do it for you."

So what do people pay taxes for?

That is the million dollar question my friend or should I say 10 trillion dollar question. Why DO we pay taxes to a government that goes way beyond the roll it was originally intended. The fact is if people didnt use the systems our government wants us to use and instead of going and getting loans for everything or putting it all on credit cards or if the government retook its right to create and set the value of its own currency our taxes wouldnt be as high. People need to be more self reliant and less reliant own banks and government. That is the only way we can change this slave state that is being run.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It's now a cat 3. 7,000 national guard troops called in. This may rival katrina. It's not going to be a bunny hop. My prayers extended to the folks in Louisiana.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You know for the people who think the government and god can bail you out of everything I have a little story for you...

Man sits outside his house and breaking on the news is a big flood is going to come. The man thought to himself I dont need to leave god will save me.

Man still sits outside as the rain comes. The neighbors come over and say the floods coming get the hell out of here. The man say I dont need to leave god is going to save me.

The water is now rising and its still downpouring. A sheriff comes by in a boat and says sir come with me lets get you out of here. The man still being bull headed says no way Im not leaving GOD will help me.

Well the floods killed the man and he is sitting in front of god. He asks god well god why didnt you help me? Why did you let me die? God replied "I did help you, I sent the news to you on the TV, I sent you neighbors there to help you, and I sent the sheriff with the boat to help you."

That my friends is a story that sums it up.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Your humanity and compassion is duly noted mybigunit. Where is the heart man?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'll try to make posts from time to time to update people on the situation here.

My unit and most of the other National Guard units have been activated since Thursday. We have personnel all over the state on various missions.
Here in Shreveport we have set two major Evacuee Shelters capable of helping thousands of people. Yesterday we finished preparations in setting up these facilities. In just one of them we had around 3500 cots, blankets set up and tons of MREs and water stocked.

State troopers and National Guard will be providing security and any other help for the evacuess. The Department of Social Services is working close with the Guard and State Police in organizing and preparing.

I have been told that this is nothing like Katrina. Governor Jindal is really doing everything in his power and taking no chances. I already respected the man, but after what I have seen so far this is the kind of guy that would make a great president, better than McCain or Obama.

I would also ask people to pray for everyone and especially New Orleans. If Gustav hits New Orleans head on, I'm not sure the city will be able to survive it. New Orleans has not recovered or been properly repaired since Katrina. People also should remember Katrina brushed New Orleans, while it hit Gulfport and Biloxi head on. New Orleans if hit head on by Gustav will be devastated much worse than when Katrina brushed it.

Right now there are reports that Gustav may strengthen into a Cat 4 before making landfall. I personally will not be surprised if it strengthens into a Cat 5 before landfall, like Katrina or Rita.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
As always. Thank you for your service Mike. I bless you and your men. On your feet soldier.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The problem I'm foreseeing is people worried their homes will be looted while they're gone. Hence, some may wish to stay behind to protect their homes.

The aftermath of Katrina left many people looting the homes of those who left.

Clearly, people are going to remember this, and they might be inclined to stay behind to make sure it doesn't happen again.

For many of them, what is in their home, is everything they've got.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I believe they are much better prepared this time, considering past debacles. Looters and henchmen will be shot on site.

[edit on 8/30/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Speaking of anti lootting measures, Blackwater is looking for Law Enforcement Officers an Armed Security Officers for contract deployment into areas affected by Hurricane Gustav.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I don't know what to think about this. Even if Emergency Services are helping the people, there will surely be people who don't realize that the Superbowl will be locked, etc. Very scary situation! My heart goes out to the people in Louisiana, and to the state that I love so much! There are many people there living in poverty, and I hope they have an opportunity to get out. Since I am so psychic, I would say to not rebuild there, to find another location, as I feel that New Orleans will continue to be bashed over and over with hurricanes, and the area is also toxic with poison from Katrina. There are other things that I see which are toxic, and I just won't comment on those. New Orleans was such a nice place, when I was growing up, but now, it is a ****hole! It is so dangerous with gangs and crime! It needs a cleansing, in more ways than one! I know it is difficult, but I would say to leave and never go back.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Breaking:

U.S. National Hurricane Centre: Hurricane Gustav strengthens into a category four storm near Cuba.

- Sky TV

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Mike. As much as I'd like to. I am 'highly' compromised right now. Neuropathy in my leg and in my hands. Mostly left sided. I can't even trust myself to drive because I cannot feel the brake anymore. But if I could, I most certainly would. Lol. I benched 320 back in the day...lucky if I can get a can of beefaroni open today. Very heavy sigh.

[edit on 8/30/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Breaking:

New Orleans Mayor: Will order mandatory evacuation tomorrow morning if hurricane Gustav stays on current track.

- Sky TV

CX

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Breaking news on Sky, it has been upgraded to a cat 4, and there will be a "mandatory evacuation" order at 8am tomorrow morning if Gustav stays on track.

Mandatory. However you read the various definitions of the word, thats compulsory, no option......must be done!

I wonder how they'll deal with the ones that don't comply?

CX.

CX

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

Lol watching the same channel.

They have just been talking about FEMA and how they will be doing a much beter job than after Katrina. Lets hope so eh.

CX.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
well i am from new Orleans area...people are already taking excellent precautions, and boarding up their homes, and getting ready to leave.

The people near the coast have already evacuated, and i thing what the police is doing is the greatest thing they can do. During Katrina allot of people stayed in their homes and said "yea we are gonna ride this one out", and look what happened...i doubt people will make the same mistake again...

there are buses for people ready to leave, that have no transportation...and i feel the area is better prepared then before. But don't be surprised if there are a handful of people that think they can be safe, and chose to stay behind...

[edit on 30-8-2008 by ATSGUY]

CX

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Heres the link to the latest breaking news......

Gustav strengthens to Cat 4

CX.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Heh, yeah - much better than the BBC.

Let's hope that everyone is going to be OK. This looks like it could be a dangerously strong one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join