It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane warning to New Orleans.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Starting to see the effects.

I'm sure I'll be out of electricity for a few days...maybe a week. We are well stocked up and we are located right at I-10 so we should be OK...just inconveinenced.

See ya'll in a few days!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by habu71

The National Gaurd has been here for days, FEMA has been here for days. This area was declared a disaster area days ago so that the Fed's could come in and help. I would not be shocked at all if Blackwater was contracted in advance.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Very true......I should have typed more rather than watching more Weather Channel..
If I could afford a large and modern cruiser (40 feet plus), which I don't (I just live on a 9 ft ASL island), I should have vehicles that would allow me to evacuate....No major argument here, I "feel" for these folks, but don't understand the priorities......

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Starting to see the effects.

I'm sure I'll be out of electricity for a few days...maybe a week. We are well stocked up and we are located right at I-10 so we should be OK...just inconveinenced.

See ya'll in a few days!

Be well RR and stay safe. I'm sure things will fire up over here shortly. Good luck

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I just heard that they've deployed 15,000 troops to the New Orleans area with an additional 40,000 standing buy.

That's a whole lot of troops.

Guess that the Bush administration is not taking any chances on a repeat of the cluster-f@@k that Katrina was.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Storm chasers web page here with chasecams, blogs, feeds and stuff .

www.severestudios.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
No sir. Sitting in Cleveland Oh. I can certainly understand not taking any horse pucky at this moment. Thank God for that wolf. Thanks for the update.

[edit on 8/31/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Just checking back in and to send out my prayers to our forum member s and all of their loved ones. I am here, and with you.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

My best wishes......I wish you a safe traverse of the storm.......btdt

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The State of Louisiana Emergency Management Broadcast is here :

la.scanamerica.us...

And

New Orleans area Police, Fire, and EMS is here :

la.scanamerica.us...

------

You are allowed to listen to this legally in usa ? I don't want them coming to extradite me , they probably don't like me to start with.

---

Hurricane tv channels :

WGNO

WDSU

WWL

WVUE
---

Radio Links & Webcams :

wiki.radioreference.com...

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I see I10 moving at about 3mph. With no traffic opposite. I know I am not the sharpest knife in the block. But why not open all eight lanes to outflowing traffic. Just heard it is back to cat 3. It is going to be a wicked ride.

[edit on 9/1/2008 by jpm1602]

CX

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Sky News is showing breaking news of the water coming over the leve.

Hopefully it will hold.

They are also showing someone tieing thier boat up.....this late into the storm!

CX.

Edit to say: They are saying that is is just water topping the leve, something they expected anyway. Lets hope it stays that way.

[edit on 1/9/08 by CX]

[edit on 1/9/08 by CX]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Actually all North/south bound highways were open to exit the city. I-10 runs east/west so they did not bother to close it down to out going traffic since the storm was to affect the entire LA coast. The procedure is called Contaflow (I never knew it had an actual name lol) and it was in effect until this morning for North bound highways.

I am VERY happy to report that my predictions on this storm were right on point. This thing made land fall and literally fell apart. It has amounted to nothing more than one good thunderstorm and I am VERY happy that I did not evacuate and choose to stand my ground. If anything, I feel a bit foolish with all the preparations I made, but better safe than sorry.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by MrWendal]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Neither will their Mayor Ray Nagin. Nagin won't send the cops around until after the hurricane to take middle-class home owners' guns away from them.

Since felons don't register THEIR firearms, this solved absolutely nothing after Katrina, unless the point was to disarm homeowners so Nagin's supporters in the New Orleans criminal community could pursue their calling in safety.

I guess you have to take care of your political power base if you want to live in a "chocolate city" (Nagin's racist term for New Orleans when he pleaded over TV and radio for African-American evacuees from New Orleans to come home... and make New Orleans a "chocolate city" again. His words. Apparently New Orleans was too "vanilla" for Ray Nagin's taste after the storm passed and the people who wanted to stay and rebuild were counted. And they say Chalin Perez is dead.)

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by vfrickey
reply to post by mental modulator

Neither will their Mayor Ray Nagin. Nagin won't send the cops around until after the hurricane to take middle-class home owners' guns away from them.

Since felons don't register THEIR firearms, this solved absolutely nothing after Katrina, unless the point was to disarm homeowners so Nagin's supporters in the New Orleans criminal community could pursue their calling in safety.

I guess you have to take care of your political power base if you want to live in a "chocolate city" (Nagin's racist term for New Orleans when he pleaded over TV and radio for African-American evacuees from New Orleans to come home... and make New Orleans a "chocolate city" again. His words. Apparently New Orleans was too "vanilla" for Ray Nagin's taste after the storm passed and the people who wanted to stay and rebuild were counted. And they say Chalin Perez is dead.)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join