It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain VP Likely Decision

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

What does that mean? she has more experience than the obamassiah, she has been mayor and governer, what has obama done? 1st he won his senate seat by default, his contender left the race when the startrek chick talked about their sex lives.

The stupid republicans in IL ran some nobody against him at the last minute, obama won.

Obama is shaking in his loafers, the MSM is trying to kill her off already, lol she will kick their butts as well.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Check out the media coverage of this so far. Its ridiculous.

newsbusters.org...

Continuing the inexperience theme, Todd added, "But I'll tell you, there's going to be a lot of questions about whether somebody who was the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska just three years ago, whether she's ready to be commander-in-chief."

Of course these exact same media people refuse to ask that question of Obama. Anyone who does ask is accused of being negative or a racist.

ABC got going on their Obama defensive early with this gem:

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Another point about Alaska Charlie, this is a state with a lot of political trouble right now for the Republicans. The senator, Republican senator Ted Stevens facing indictment as he runs for re-election. He’s been indicted He’s going to go to trial in September. Don Young, another, their congressman facing corruption charges is still in the middle of a recount for his Republican primary. And of course, Alaska is, this pick is not going to do anything for John McCain in the electoral college. Alaska should be a must win state for, for the Republicans anyway. So it’s, it’s clearly a bold personal pick by John McCain. We’ll see how it works.

GIBSON: And a lot of people felt that her name would not be picked when her name was mentioned. Everybody said "no that won’t happen" because she’s involved in something of a scandal herself, her sister is getting a-

Thats right, they are trying to tie Palin to a Republican who endorsed her. Something I thought was off limits, since the media has been constantly defending Obama's endorsements. The problem in, ABC left out this bit of information. Palin supported HIS OPPONENT!

voices.washingtonpost.com...

Keep watching folks. The Obama media spin of all this should give us even more insight to how corrupt its become.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

They're already underestimating her. I've heard her speak on the energy issue in a few interviews and I think they're making a mistake if they think she was chosen only for superficial reasons. She doesn't have a lot of political experience, but she's extremely intelligent, tough and as she proved today, she's got a good, strong confident delivery in her speeches. I'm sure she's going to make a few mistakes on the trail, they all do, but the Dems are underestimating her at their own peril.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Thank you for this information. This is showing the Obama camp is getting worried. Real worried. It will be interesting to watch this in the upcoming days.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Its not that African Americans are choosing to support Obama because he is black it has more to do with him being a Democrat. Historically African Americans have voted in much greater numbers for Democrats as opposed to Republicans. Democrats have built an agenda on helping the middle class, minorities, homosexuals and disinfranchised Americans in general. I think Democrats have specifically targeted the issues that affect these groups and that has more to do with the African American support for Obama than the color of his skin.

Depending on what you consider the Middle Class to be, it could be argued that the majority of Americans(~90%) are middle class or lower on the economic scale. Forming a platform that seeks to help the people who fall into this category, is a very smart move, that can obtain the highest number of votes. That is why Obama wants to repeal the Bush tax cuts because they only help people who make more that ~$200,000. Obama wants to cut taxes for 95% of the population. Your taxes will only go up if you make more than ~$200,000. And the group of Americans above this mark only represent a small percentage of the population. So its in the Democrats best interest to help those under that value.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well great maneuvering Mcsame...

Experience, experience!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I totally agree, I think the entire MSM is going to go to bat harder than ever for the messiah, they will never question him about a damn thing.

Blow hard Joe is his nick name because the guy is a loud mouthed arrogant blow hard, he loves to grandstand, watch when he speaks on the floor or in any hearing. He loves himself and thinks he will be the next president when obama gets knocked off, if elected.

Looks like that wont happen now!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Very true, we have to remember that a majority of African-American's vote democrat and most are middle-class. I think having Obama being African-American must help too.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
reply to post by Dronetek

Thank you for this information. This is showing the Obama camp is getting worried. Real worried. It will be interesting to watch this in the upcoming days.

Look at what Maggie Rodriguez said this morning on CBS, in response to a McCain representative's comment on Obama's experience:

newsbusters.org...

I disagree because he [Obama] answered, very directly, every criticism that John McCain has made about him from his readiness to be president, to his celebrity status, and everything in between, he gave very direct answers."

It almost sounds as if shes working on the Obama campaign, but no. Shes a so called "journalist". Not only that, but this "journalist" is covering the RNC...

Also, from CNN, more attacks on Palin's experience:

newsbusters.org...

ROBERTS: Well, she, you know, I talked to [Sarah Palin] a couple of times, and mostly we've talked to her about things that have been going on in Alaska. We haven't talked about national politics.

But she's the youngest governor ever in Alaska's history, and she's the first woman. She's only been in office for a couple of years now, which really raises the experience issue here.

So, in true form, the media has a set of standards for Democrats and whole other set for Republicans. It doesn't matter that Obama has no experience, but this Republican has no experience after 3 years as governor.....

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Yeah the dems have really helped blacks for the past 50 years haven't they? still on welfare, didnt pass civil rights bill(republicans did). They just use the black vote every election, in chicago, they round up all the black voters and buy them cigarettes and even bus them to the poles.

Of course in chicago even the dead rise from their graves to vote democrat every year.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well, the media, as we know, is very liberal. She is very liberal. I also think the media is trying to just create stir to boost ratings.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Well great maneuvering Mcsame...

Experience, experience!

Yeah, McChange just made a move to get the first woman into the Oval Office... if that's the "same" then I'm Elmer Fudd.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
My eyes instantly lit up as I saw McCain's peculiar choice for VP announced. I honestly don't know what to think at the moment. I guess we will have to see what happens.

2 observations so far....

1. GOP people are to put it lightly.....excited about this choice
2. Obama people are bringing out all the Mc(insert same, lame or any other comment that labels McCain here).......usually a sign of worry. Just look at this post. It is filled with the labels.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Bugman82]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Fathom

She's also the right gender... I wonder if she knows she's being used because of the location of her organs...

C'mon now, this is akin to saying Oby is being used because he is black...
Give her some credit for being a great pick because of her experience, character and strong beliefs.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Fathom]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well, she is much better speaker than McCain. I was deeply interested in her speech, as a non-American, and she is the type of person I would vote for (if I had the chance)

Her son is off to Iraq soon, which is a weapon she can use to those democrats who will undoubtedly accuse republicans of not understanding the suffering and fear of a soldiers family.

The Vice President debate is certainly one I'd be looking deeply anxious to watch.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

Any evidence for these claims. If you have a valid source for this kind of thing I can accept it. No one in politics is above shady moves, i just need proof to believe these types of claims.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage

Its not that African Americans are choosing to support Obama because he is black it has more to do with him being a Democrat. Historically African Americans have voted in much greater numbers for Democrats as opposed to Republicans. Democrats have built an agenda on helping the middle class, minorities, homosexuals and disinfranchised Americans in general. I think Democrats have specifically targeted the issues that affect these groups and that has more to do with the African American support for Obama than the color of his skin.

Depending on what you consider the Middle Class to be, it could be argued that the majority of Americans(~90%) are middle class or lower on the economic scale. Forming a platform that seeks to help the people who fall into this category, is a very smart move, that can obtain the highest number of votes. That is why Obama wants to repeal the Bush tax cuts because they only help people who make more that ~$200,000. Obama wants to cut taxes for 95% of the population. Your taxes will only go up if you make more than ~$200,000. And the group of Americans above this mark only represent a small percentage of the population. So its in the Democrats best interest to help those under that value.

thats funny because if it wasnt for a certain republican, black people would still be slaves. they should vote for republicans automatically for that instead of just voting for obama because hes black

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
LCD
as usual

I'm growing a mullet or buying a flobee

[edit on 29-8-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

thats funny because if it wasnt for a certain republican, black people would still be slaves. they should vote for republicans automatically for that instead of just voting for obama because hes black

Republicans could give a flying #@!# about black folks.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by truth_seeker3

Is it really fair to assume that women are so naive as to vote for someone based entirely on their gender. I'm sure there are some Hilary fans who will vote for McCain because of his VP choice but to think that women across the country will let their beliefs fall to the wayside in order to get a woman as VP is just silly. Lets not forget that Palin is hardcore pro-life and a lot of women want to have choices when it comes to their own bodies.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by iamcamouflage]

I agree with you to some extent, however there are a lot of independent women voters out there that will be thrilled with the Palin choice. McCain will surely get their vote now. Obama is in some serious trouble. Looking forward to the debates. See if obama can talk without a teleprompter. Also was very impressed with Palin speech. She seems like a very intelligent and strong minded women. I am personally pumped she got the nod for VP.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join