It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain VP Likely Decision

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Bloomberg? He bolted the Republican party some months back and is far too liberal for the hard right (whom McCain needs if he is to have any chance at all) to stomach. GO BLOOMBERG!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

As opposed to McCain's old and ugly huh?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Or he could surprise the hell out of the entire planet and pick someone who is honest. Of course that would have to be someone completely unknown and utterly unrelated to politics, business, or law.

Oh dear.

/sarcasm

PS for the men: Don't turn the presidency into another beauty contest. That's so cheap and, frankly, women are getting tired of it.

[edit on 8/29/08 by Sleuth]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

Well that would disqualify himself then. Pick someone honest indeed.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
reply to post by theblunttruth

Her spokesperson said that she's in Alaska, but given the secrecy revolving around this pick, that's an answer I'd expect.

It hasn't stopped the speculation one bit from the media. I don't think they're buying it, either.

Yea thats true, i've got to hand it to the McCain camp though they certainly have kept people guessing. If indeed Romney and co are out then they succesfully diverted the Dems concentration.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm sitting here laughing about her staff possibly lying about her whereabouts today. Just another day at the office for a politician and her minions, eh?

Typical.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I really believe his choice will determine whether or not he wins.
I think Obama blew it by selecting Biden. If he would have picked Hillary I don't think McCain would have had a chance regardless.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I agree that she would be an excellent choice and they certainly can't attack her for inexperience (she has more than Oby).
The only thing that they can attack is that McCain is only a temper tantrum away from the VP taking over and the question would be "Is Palin too pre-occupied with her downs kid to lead a nation"? and I am pretty sure they would sink that low.

(and she is soo hot, in a school teacher/librarian kind of way)

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth
I'm sitting here laughing about her staff possibly lying about her whereabouts today. Just another day at the office for a politician and her minions, eh?

Typical.

She doesnt have to be lying. AK is 4 hours behind so she could easily be with McCain to announce the VP and make it back AK for the fireworks at 10:15 AK time.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What is her experience besides being governor for 2 years?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What is her experience besides being governor for 2 years?

She was mayor of Alaska's biggest city before that.
she knows how to govern

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

That would be one hell of an ugly attack. If they sink to that level, essentially exploiting her child that is afflicted with Downs Syndrome, I think it would be an absolute disaster for the Dems if they did it. I think they probably know better.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Experieince is not something McCain needs to tout with his VP, he has that in abundance, he needs youth. Apart from Governor of Alaska, im not actually sure...Wiki here i come..

Latest development is that Tom Ridge may actually be the favourite now.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Fathom

That would be one hell of an ugly attack. If they sink to that level, essentially exploiting her child that is afflicted with Downs Syndrome, I think it would be an absolute disaster for the Dems if they did it. I think they probably know better.

You would think but here we have Jimmy Carter saying McCain is "milking" his viet nam experience in the Hanoi Hilton....that is low...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Actually, Wasilla is pretty small, less than 10,000 people.

Prior to being governor, she was the ethics chairman for the Alaska's Oil and Gas Commission. It was there that she took on the state's Republican governor for corruption.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Fathom

Actually, Wasilla is pretty small, less than 10,000 people.

Prior to being governor, she was the ethics chairman for the Alaska's Oil and Gas Commission. It was there that she took on the state's Republican governor for corruption.

I was thinking she was in Anchorage...ooops.
Regardless, two years as governor is more than Oby has.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

True, but that one is probably going to backfire, too. The only saving grace is that its coming from Carter, and people may just write off his comment as coming from a cranky old man.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
CNBC is going ahead and calling it Palin.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Yes, Palin is appealing, in a North Slope kind of way. These back door deals really annoy.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

I agree. Two years as governor vs four years as a senator...That's more or less a wash in my eyes. Prior to that, both have been involved in various aspects of local and state level politics, so again, its a wash.

I can't see her lack of experience being a significant detriment. Conservatives are going to love her, so it will do nothing but help with the base. The fact that she's a woman will help among moderates and could play with disaffected Hillary voters as well. It will limit McCain's ability to attack on that front, but when her level of political experience is roughly equal to that of Obama, I don't think its a problem. At the same time, she is also playing the subordinate role on the ticket to a much more experienced candidate, whereas the Dems have put the inexperienced candidate at the very top.

And as I stated earlier, it could be a benefit among independents and moderates. Many of them seem to want something besides an 'establishment' candidate and a relatively inexperienced candidate could be a plus. It certainly was in many respects regarding Barack Obama.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by vor78]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join