It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain VP Likely Decision

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well, after listening to NPR, CNN, and FOX all day, the McCain Campaign has made a VP decision. All NPR has been talking about is Pawlenty. He has canceled all Media meetings, and cleared his schedule. McCain will introduce his VP tomorrow in Dayton, OH.

Pawlenty is also attending the DNC tonight. It seems to me that McCain's VP choice is becoming clear: Pawlenty. He has been the 'talk' on the radio all day. There is a good chance that he will be VP.

On the other hand, Mitt Romney was seen leaving his house with an overnight bag (geeezz, I sound like a stalker
).

Well, what are your thoughts on this?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm calling for a big shocker....Bloomberg. And if he does choose Bloomberg, the Obama camp needs to be worried.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I think the McCain campaign is having a little fun at the media's expense. Everyone is reading too much into this stuff and most likely, its just disinformation that McCain is using to keep a little attention focused on his campaign this week.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Very True. By annocing his VP right on Obama's historic nomination, McCain is stealing the spotlight, yet again. Pawlenty seems like he might be his VP, but think of this. McCain has a family history of health problems between 70-80 years old. McCain is 72. I say there is a good chance his VP might need to take the presidency either temporary, or permanently if McCain dies in office.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

I don't think he'll actually reveal the VP choice tonight or even leak it. It'll just get buried by the convention speech tonight if he does. He's just toying with the media a little bit. I wouldn't even be totally stunned if he doesn't announce it tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't think it will be leaked either. With Obama, it was different since he was announcing by texting. Obama wants to steal tomorrow from the democrats with their historical nomination. Not tonight.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well, you might add one more name to the list: Sarah Palin. It seems that someone chartered two private flights from Anchorage, Alaska to Middleton, OH yesterday and both departing and arriving within minutes of each other. Palin was in Anchorage yesterday. Middleton is just outside Dayton, where McCain has stated he intends to make his announcement.

Again, there's no confirmation that she was on one of them, but it is awfully interesting and is something making the rounds very early this morning.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Now, we have Tim Pawlenty saying that he won't even be at the event, and will be at the Minnesota State Fair instead. I'd heard this yesterday, but was waiting for a statement directly attributed to Pawlenty:

Pawlenty out of the running (apparently)

UPDATE:

Carl Cameron is reporting that Mitt Romney is OUT. He is in Boston this morning.

It looks like Sarah Palin may be the pick. I absolutely LOVE it if it proves true. She was my first choice, but I'd written her off as having no chance in recent weeks.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by vor78]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I rather think it will be Palin of Alaska, I thought so back in June and looked for others opinions in this thread Who will the running mates be...

I was wrong on the Obama running mates, after Clarke stuck his foot in his mouth. I think Biden was the worst possible pick for Obama. Obama needed a middle of the road Democrat and he picked the one of the most liberal in the senate , and the history of 2 senators on a ticket is bad mojo.

So to me Romney out, Pawlenty out, That leaves Crist or Palin and right now I think Palin...

[edit on 8/29/2008 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Sarah Palin is a very smart choice.

Her selection will appeal to Hilary voters - largest undecided voters are women. I'd have to say it is pretty certain a female will the republican vice president nomination - even though I thought Romney would be his choice.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
MSNBC is reporting that Pawlenty has been informed that he is NOT the choice. Also, Mitt Romney will not be in Dayton, where the announcement is going to be made. So, unless it's done by satellite, it won't be Romney, who I thought would be the Republican's choice.

Palin may be an option. But she doesn't seem "presidential" to me. In McCain's situation, he needs to have someone that will be able to take over. I know that's crude, but it's on people's minds. Also, I don't think picking a woman is going to woo voters as would appear to be the purpose of this move.

And Joe Lieberman is chained to a radiator in Hartford.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I wasn't going to vote for McCain (or Obama) but Palin might change that.
I'll need to know more about her.

Write in Paul, throw it away on Barr or bite my tongue and default to McCain? Maybe Palin will make the McCain pill easier to swallow. Romney or Pawlenty wouldn't have.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

She may or may not be able to pull a lot of disaffected Hillary voters, but I think she will be a significant help with undecided moderate women.

Her relative lack of experience, much as with Obama, will not hurt with the base and, again, could very well be a draw among independents who want something completely different. It doesn't hurt that she took on a corrupt Republican administration in Alaska, earning her much disdain from the party for a short time.

Its a risky pick, no doubt about it, but I think McCain needed to take some chances if he wants to win. This is one risk that I like a lot.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Sarah Palin on the Issues

She is pro-life, pro-death penalty, pro-gun and pro-military.
She opposes gay rights, universal health care coverage and fuel alternatives.

Even though there aren't many positions listed, the ones that are, are right in line with the Republican party.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Condi Rice?

1. Black
2. Woman

Or is she a little too close to the current administration to be appealing?

I'm really enjoying all this speculation - wooo - because it proves how many people are connected to the media by the rings in their noses.

This morning I turned on the MSM for the first time in weeks.

[edit on 8/29/08 by Sleuth]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

I think those administration ties are the big negative. It would strengthen Obama's 'change' message against McCain. There are also reports that she's pro-choice, which would be a huge problem with the base.

Myself, I think she'd be an excellent choice.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by vor78]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Palin is young and pretty, has 5 kids and was elected governor in 2006. And to put it mildly, she's not an environmentalist...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I personally think she would be an exceptional choice, quite hot too lol

Apparently she will be in Alaska though

[edit on 29-8-2008 by theblunttruth]

[edit on 29-8-2008 by theblunttruth]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
this Gov. Palin, does have 5 children... but most notably the recent birth child has downs syndrome, that alone would seem to be quite a distraction to perform as a would-be VP.

And she might be viewed as having 'cold & calculating ambition' by the Dems in a smear campaign... if the contest gets heated up in the final weeks of election day

[edit on 29-8-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

Her spokesperson said that she's in Alaska, but given the secrecy revolving around this pick, that's an answer I'd expect.

It hasn't stopped the speculation one bit from the media. I don't think they're buying it, either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join