It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critique - How Did Michelle Obama Do During Democratic Convention Speech?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
It's always scripted "cuteness" with Obama.

Michelle started out nervous trying to remember the speech, than got on track.

The sob story crap about Barack and her family etc. is always a Democratic strategy to invoke emotion and identification.

Just remember Michelle lied to you - she didn't like America. Now she does? How convenient.

...sob story crap...Democratic strategy to invoke emotion....
THIS MADE ME LAUGH. Have you seen McCain re-tell about his POW experience? Just once or twice right?

Yet you seem to want to describe an appeall to emotion as a particular democratic strategy? Do you follow politics?

...she didn't like America. Now she does? ....
Can't you contribute anything more original than old GOP propaganda?

[edit on 26-8-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by tomfrusso
Sorry Michelle, you already let the "jeannie out of the bottle" with your first remark of "for the first time in my adult life.....I don't buy last nights speech for anything in the world.

She is just another far left wing liberal.

At least she didn't say, "my baby's daddy".....

Hey Tom...

"Jeannie" is spelled "Genie" in this context.

Your use of the term "Baby's daddy" is entirely dumb and mildly racist.

She used the term several months ago when introduciing NO-BAMA!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

So what are you saying - if I wasn't impressed by her speech it's because I'm obviously jealous of her accomplishments in life? Do you realize how assinine that sounds?

I'm not impressed by her speech because it didn't sound genuine to me. And I'm not convinced that she and her husband have America's best interests in mind. For one thing, which you "Obamatrons" insist on ignoring, is their history.

* 20 years attending a church pastored by a hate monger preaching racial segregation
* Obama chairing an organization (the CAC) with a known domestic terrorist, William Ayers
* Obama's ties to Tony Rezko

I could care less about what they make. I'm more interested in who they associate with, and their history has shown that the Obamas have chosen to associate with some rather "unsavory" characters.

So excuse me if I fail to be impressed by Michelle's BS speech.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I don't get it. Somebody opens up an opinionated thread and then jump on jetxnet for giving an opinion.

Nothing here is based on fact, just on how people felt Mrs. Obama did on her speech.

You may not like what he says but that is jetxnet opinion.

I thought that was the point? To debate opinions? Aren't we allowed to question what he bases his opinion on...even more so since he spouts outrageous claims that are unsupported and makes remarks like "wasn't she in that movie Boyz in the Hood?" It's hard to be patient with him.

Opinion...great, facts...better ...the same old BS and distorting of the facts well, he deserves to get pounced on.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlow
Some may say that Mrs. Obama may have had help making her speech but it was her life that she lived, she can't make that up. They've struggled individually to make it where they are, they did not wake up as rich children.

If you seek it, you can find positive in any situation or learn something that allows you to move forward and grow. Why always look for the negative or try to point out the negative so maliciously. It's time for a change.

While we're on the subject, I'd like to point out some facts to your rose-colored history of the Obamas.

Let's turn back to 2005 when Michelle Obama's salary doubled just after Barack was elected to the U.S. Senate as she was promoted to vice president of community and foreign relations. First of all, that sounds really fishy, for one's salary to just double, despite a big promotion. And then others call into question how she was named for that position as soon as her husband was elected to the Senate.

Going back further, how is it that Barack was able to attend Punahou, which was not a school for the impoverished?

Forgive me if I call BS to your tear jerking claims of how the Obama's clawed their way from poverty to riches.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

She was mocking Fox News and the controversy that followed.
Humor is one way to deal with idiots.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I give her an A for her delivery. She is defintely a good actress. As for the content of her speak, well frankly, I don't care what she said because those were the words of a speech writing, not Mrs. Obama.

And before you slam me, yes, I feel this way about both of the conventions. I know full well that every movement, every pause and every word was scripted out & performed by Mrs. Obama, the same way it will be for Mrs. McCain. I would rather pay attention to what is said by the canidates and their spouses when no script is involved & you get to hear their true feelings about the issues.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by seagull

For one thing, which you "Obamatrons" insist on ignoring, is their history.

* 20 years attending a church pastored by a hate monger preaching racial segregation
* Obama chairing an organization (the CAC) with a known domestic terrorist, William Ayers
* Obama's ties to Tony Rezko

I could care less about what they make. I'm more interested in who they associate with, and their history has shown that the Obamas have chosen to associate with some rather "unsavory" characters.

So excuse me if I fail to be impressed by Michelle's BS speech.

Hey SoS... I have seen you post civily and intelligently before so I know you can...how about you don't call Obama supporters "Obamatrons" and I won't call Obama detractors right wing nut-jobs and similiar things?

I do appreciate when you post things that can be actually discussed.
* The reverand is many things, but "a hate monger preaching racial segregation" ...I don't think any of his congregation would describe him as this. You have fallen victim to GOP Spin if you buy it.

* The CAC or Chicago Annenberg Challenge was dedicated to improving Chicago Schools. Nothing sinister here.

* Tony Rezko...Everybody in Chicago Politics has "ties" to corrupt political players. Doesn't make Obama Corrupt. Our last Govenor of Illinois is in a federal pen for goodness sake. Compare to the Keating 5...much more than ties.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Let's see the question was

How Did Michelle Obama Do During Democratic Convention Speech?

Let's assume you says she did excellent and I said she did OK. You must admit there is a difference between excellent and OK.

How can I convince you that she was only OK without hard facts? There are no facts I could use. All I can do is point out things that I observed and even then you still may not agree because you have your own opinion of what you observed.

jetxnet didn't make this remark "wasn't she in that movie Boyz in the Hood?"
until after he was pounced on. However since he asked a question somebody could have answered it for him.

My point was that the whole thread was on target until the op decided to respond to jetxnet for voicing his opinion. After this the thread got derailed big time.

Just about every thread on this site contains some kind of outrageous claims that are unsupported. It just goes with the territory.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Spectre0o0

You forgot to add a degree from Princeton, a Law Degree from Harvard, and a job practicing law.

Why do they always forget the lawyer part?

Do they TRUST lawyers? And BELIEVE lawyers?

Or Politicians?

Strange.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Going back further, how is it that Barack was able to attend Punahou, which was not a school for the impoverished?

Forgive me if I call BS to your tear jerking claims of how the Obama's clawed their way from poverty to riches.

Obama attended Punahou with the assistance of FINANCIAL AID according to school management, school records and Obama himself.
www.punahou.edu...

He also worked a part time job at a Baskin-Robbins down the street to help make ends meet.

Hey SoS...If I can research and answer this question in 60 seconds...why couldn't you before accusing Michelle Obama of Lying? Or does the truth just get in the way of your objective?

You are better than this. Or... maybe you're not, for some reason I keep seeing a glimmer of honesty and character beneath your propaganda.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Obama attended Punahou with the assistance of FINANCIAL AID according to school management, school records and Obama himself.
www.punahou.edu...

He also worked a part time job at a Baskin-Robbins down the street to help make ends meet.

Hey SoS...If I can research and answer this question in 60 seconds...why couldn't you before accusing Michelle Obama of Lying? Or does the truth just get in the way of your objective?

You are better than this. Or... maybe you're not, for some reason I keep seeing a glimmer of honesty and character beneath your propaganda.

I'm still researching Punahou - the financial aid perspective was called into question at one point as being "falsified". I'm looking for that claim now.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
reply to post by muzzleflash

do i really have to go watch a clip of this garbage ? lol

Get a load of this: This person goes on to post on the "Critique" of how someone does on her speech, and has a lot of negative things to say, and starts out first by informing us all that he/she didn't even watch the speech or a clip. How do you like that for objectivity? Need I even go over the implicit racist remarks we see here and in other posts? Two shining examples of the "other side".

racist??

hmmm, ok where did that come from LOL

and why do i Have to watch it to be in this thread? i cant make a joke?
you have no sense of humor?

sigh...but racist? please explain im utterly baffled

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

She was mocking Fox News and the controversy that followed.
Humor is one way to deal with idiots.

You may want to go to the youtube video. This is the way she introduced him months ago ----- as "my babies daddy"...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Okay well I concede on Punahou. The source I found claiming the financial aid angle was falsified had nothing official to back it up. Basically it was speculation and I'm like you, I prefer facts to speculation.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
I don't care what she said because those were the words of a speech writing, not Mrs. Obama.

Not that I want to change your mind, but she wrote that speech herself. It's been reported and here's the Wall Street Journal as a Source

Aides say Mrs. Obama wrote her speech two weeks ago. "It's very, very personal, so she wrote it herself," an adviser said. When Mrs. Obama brainstormed with her staff before writing it, she made it clear that she wouldn't respond point-by-point to Republican attacks, a campaign aide said.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

that she wouldn't respond point-by-point to Republican attacks, a campaign aide said.

Again, why is questioning Mrs. Obama's own words an "attack"? Are we supposed to beleive that her own words are now off limits as well? What ISN'T off limits?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

[
Hey SoS... I have seen you post civily and intelligently before so I know you can...how about you don't call Obama supporters "Obamatrons" and I won't call Obama detractors right wing nut-jobs and similiar things?

that shows how ignorant you really are tho lol

you think everything revolves around the Left vs Right paradigm, despite that kinda thinking was found illogical a long long time ago

i am agianst obama and mccain, so what does that make me?

A middle-ground nutcase? rofl

just return to your TV, ignore my post, and continue your daily brainwashing schedule

and by all means, dont take the blindfold off !

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

that she wouldn't respond point-by-point to Republican attacks, a campaign aide said.

Again, why is questioning Mrs. Obama's own words an "attack"? Are we supposed to beleive that her own words are now off limits as well? What ISN'T off limits?

Dronetek...

Please give me some detail as to what you percieve as democrats complaining of attacks directed at Obama's wife and declaring candidates wives off limits?

You seem to feel strongly that their is some injustice here so I am interested. By questioning her "own words" what exactly are you referring to? AND where have the Democratic party called foul?

What I have seen the Obama supporters react to is mostly ugly and hateful remarks directed toward Mrs. Obama that have nothing remotely to do with relevant campaign issues.

Please enlighten me? Are we circling back to the much hashed over "pride in country" remark where any objective listener understood her sentiment while acknowledging the poor choice of words?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Maybe you could enlighten me? What hateful remarks are you talking about? What negative campaign has been launched against his wife?

As far as her statements, I'm talking about the "America is mean" and "firs time I've been proud of my country". As well as some comments shes made about "not becoming middle class". It seems that the media and her supporters want her out there, but when people respond to her they cry foul and claim there is some racist campaign to get her.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join