It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critique - How Did Michelle Obama Do During Democratic Convention Speech?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
How do you like that for objectivity? Need I even go over the implicit racist remarks

oh i dont know why but i just cant seem to let go lol

Racist??!

i guess my point i made earlier in another thread, has been proven yet agian.

That if you disagree with Obama or make fun of him, your a flaming Racist now!?

apparently alot of people think this way, as skynet has proven so shamelessly

Why am I a racist because I disagree with all politicians (Including obama)
Why do you automatically think this is a racial issue?

What you vote on someone purely based on their skincolor? And then you call me an ignorant racist? Thats impressive, it really is.

KneeJerk reaction - they dont like obama well they must be racist.
Its a VERY COMMON TREND now! this is a very big deal

so why dont you post your apoligy to me? because im waiting for it.
cuz i am NOT a racist, but i will state , that you sound EXACTLY like one to me!

im just baffled that you would even say that...

if you really wanna know, the reason i dont wanna watch their phoney speaches, is because I dont TRUST politicians! of any color/creed etc etc

I dont trust any of them. They are all lawyers too, even MORE reason to not trust them !

And then you come and call me racist. Classic example of the brainwashed mindset.

Who got you to think that way anyhow? The Media? Probably. its typical. no surprise there.

I just want an apoligy really, take it back.

Anyways, you were directly attacking me, calling me a racist. I have ample right to fight back agianst such SLANDER!

and no this is NOT offtopic

Sky thinks im racist for not wanting to watch mrs obama's speech.
He didnt even understand the joke i was making in regaurds to it being a vomit-ous expierance and that my esophagus cannot take anymore.

I guess im just wasting my time, because i know deep down inside, that people who are totally caught up in political fever wouldn't actually think about things for a minute realistically. I just know u wont care, I know u dont wanna listen, I know anything I say that goes agianst you, makes me a racist.

What a fair way to argue.
"I disagree!" "No your a racist!"
Really fair debate tactics. Bravo.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by maybereal11
[
Hey SoS... I have seen you post civily and intelligently before so I know you can...how about you don't call Obama supporters "Obamatrons" and I won't call Obama detractors right wing nut-jobs and similiar things?

that shows how ignorant you really are tho lol

you think everything revolves around the Left vs Right paradigm, despite that kinda thinking was found illogical a long long time ago

i am agianst obama and mccain, so what does that make me?

A middle-ground nutcase? rofl

just return to your TV, ignore my post, and continue your daily brainwashing schedule

and by all means, dont take the blindfold off !

You missed the point...READ AGAIN. I was inferring that calling Obama Supporters "Obamatrons" is AS EQUALLY FAULTED as calling Obama detractors "right-wing nut jobs". Niether descriptions are appropriate.

YOU are arguing against a post you agree with??

Thanks for jumping right in and tossing out insults though. Now I am having a hard time not responding in kind, but I will leave this post here.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomfrusso

She used the term several months ago when introduciing NO-BAMA!!!!

She was mocking Fox News and the controversy that followed.
Humor is one way to deal with idiots.

WRONG!

because if you use humor agianst Obama, your now a flaming racist!

see how unfair the pro-obama camp is in debate?

Talk about massive failure of critical thinking.

so its ok to use humor agianst mccain, but not agianst obama cuz that somehow makes me racist...ok, writing that down in my memo pad

thanks for the tip

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
stop with jackie comparisons, please speech was excellent in presentation but not really believable

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

but you still called them rightwing nutjobs,

but ya, your right tho, we do need to stop the mudslinging

see this is why i HATE politics!
and this is why i REFUSE to watch their silly fake speeches!

every time anyone gets pulled into politics they get covered in mud
true facts

its a real shame isnt it?

oh well, ill let it go if you let it go too.
Im a fair guy. I can apoligize and leave it at that.

Im sorry for being a jerk.
See what politics has done to us!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
She sounded very white and very republican...obviously she has been coached and we are seeing a re-make of the militant michelle into a stepford wife.
what a sellout to her race...aunty Tom

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That will do thank you. We are here to discuss the TOPIC. Not each other.

I suggest everyone read this:

Political Baiting and Sniping on ATS – Please Review Link.

CIVILITY AND DECORUM ARE REQUIRED.

Thank you.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
well so far her speech did nothing...

Gallup has McCain up 46% to 44%

www.gallup.com...

I hope it continues...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thanks for the kind post. Sometimes this is called "heated debate". Which is a polite term for approaching ...hot...angry...irrational. Where logic and objectivity gives way to emotion. I am trying not to get drawn into off-topic debate. Trying to not to get heated in my responses. Trying...thanks for understanding.

I think Michelle Obama's goal was to answer some less than kind and irrelevant critisizm of her by not reponding directly to it, but rather showing the viewers who she is. In this sense she did great and took the high road.

Just my opinion and I understand those that disagree will claim this was a contrived "performance" and there is some truth to that as well. It is an important speech at a political convention after all. Of course she thought and chose her words carefully. It goes without saying.

The fact that she wrote the speech herself tells me she's a very bright woman. I have to imagine that the campaign staff gave her a hard time about writing it herself, so she must not be afraid to hold her ground amongst political campaign pros...typically a pushy lot. Though I suspect that they demanded to vet the speech.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The fact that she wrote the speech herself .

like your name says this may be real...or not,, sounds like propaganda to me. her speech was too high vis for her to go at t on her own. they have been hiding her for a while so i don't think they would have let her write her own speech after the fiascoes she has caused.

in other words. her writing her own speech is fantasy.
she may have typed it whilst they dictated it to her.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper
well so far her speech did nothing...

Gallup has McCain up 46% to 44%

www.gallup.com...

I hope it continues...

A few things...

This poll was conducted Monday night durring the first night of the Democratic National Convention. For hard core Democrats this is kind of like calling during the super bowl and asking if you have a few minutes to take a survey.

Given the timing I would expect this poll to lean heavilly republican.

The poll explains that the lead is "not statistically significant"...otherwise the difference falls within the margin of error.

That said, McCain has been tracking well in polls as of late, but I would wait until next week or possibly post RNC before giving the trend any credance...if you are apt to give polls much credance..which I don't for numerous reasons...

The sample only includes registered voters, with a land-line vs cell, willing to take a survey etc. etc. which largely excludes younger and first time voters which I expect will turn out Obama to a significant degree.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Yes, but all we here from you guys and the media is how much everyone hates bush and Republicans. This poll proves that one of the many alternate reality scenarios the media pushes. The did the same thing in 2004 and it came back to bite them.

You guys just have to come to terms with the fact that not everyone in the US hates bush and Republicans.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i thought it was a good speech, but i laughed out loud when she said she loves america.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You have to take everything she says with a grain of salt, she is n elitist and is for Globalization. Both "choices" are bad, there is no lesser of 2 evils.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by AndrewTB

That was funny - I got the exact same out of it, but beat you to the punch by a mere half a second LOL

Creepy!

But for the most part people I know, including obama supporters, got the same feeling. It wont amaze me if Obama loses more of his all but existent lead, not that polls matter, but in general.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I love it. This thread was about how we thought mrs. Obama did in her speech and the second someone says something that the Obama followers don't like, they come running in here crying attacking Mrs. Obama isn't fair and she is off limits! Some people really need to wake up and smell the coffee and not that stuff being spread by the Dems that well can really only be used for fertilizer.

Mrs. Obabm speech could have been written by her but i highly doubt it after her track record of not saying the right things in the past.

The Media has not spun mrs. obama's words or took them out of context. just a few months ago she said in a speech

"For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback."

Now before her husband decided to run for office she wasn't proud of her country?

and monday night she says

"I love this country"

Seems the canidate isn't the only one that can flip flop.

I've seen a lot of name calling in this thread started by the Obam followers calling anyone that don't like Mr. Obama a Racist! Seems the only people in this thread that are racist is the Obama followers since they keep bring up his race.

And before You Obama Followers start flaming me and calling me a right wing nut job and a racist which is your tactic to derail a thread there is something you should Know. I AM NOT OR EVER BEEN A REPUBLICAN OR A DEMOCRAT AND I AM NOT A LIBERTARIAN I AM A true INDEPENDANT! i have no PoLicitcal affiliation

I represent the very middle of the road person that both the Dems and republicans are trying to persude to vote for their canidate. and frankly I'm not impressed with the canidate from either side. And after seeing the way people that don't agree with Mr. obama's positions which are what again this week since he's starting to flip flop on issues to get votes. but anyway back to what i was saying seems if you don't agree with mr. obama position and buy in to his cult persona then you are treated like a right wing nutjob and a racist. I personally don't care if he is black blue green purple with yellow polka dots!

Mr. and Mrs. Obama IMO do not know what its like to a middle class person in these days and times. Mrs. Obama's speech did nothing but further influence me to NOTE Vote for her Husband.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Mr. and Mrs. Obama IMO do not know what its like to a middle class person in these days and times. Mrs. Obama's speech did nothing but further influence me to NOTE Vote for her Husband.

Very true, and the Obama's keep reiterating that each of them grew up with struggling single mothers. What a load of BS!

Obama was with his single Mom for not even 10 years, and during that time, she married a rich Indonesian Muslim. After she brought Obama to the Grandparents in Hawaii, he had it even better! His Grandparents are/were rich bankers.

Michelle, she grew up rich.

They have no idea what it's like to go from paycheck to paycheck.

If they did, Obama wouldn't be saying "Inflate your tires" to save Gas.

Obama would also not be saying, well "eat out less and don't drive as much".

It's rediculous.

All the Obama's want are 300 million slaves.

Not gonna happin.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Neither am I an ardent fan of Obama because I know the 'nature' of the WWBs (WEALTHY WHITE BOYS) & Fascist Zionists backing him. Several who come to mind here are Soros, Royhatan, Zbigniev & his Sons & George Schultz. Now that Obama's added BIDEN, I'm real sick...

but alas, the idea of PASTY-FACED, LYING, STUPID, DEVIOUS McCain running the show for 4 years AFTER BUSH & HIS GANG OF FELONS is just too much for me to bear! A Phoenix, AZer for 25yrs., I know the McCain crowd VERY WELL! He's used his campaigns to launder MILLIONS of MOB & BRONFMAN 'Dirty' & 'Drug' Money & smacked around his 'Trophy Wife' numerous times in front of his 'Friends'. Behind his back, they HATE HIM!
So, OBAMA GETS MY VOTE because MCCAIN IS INSANE & A BIG illLIAR!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Just a few thoughts...

Name the most liberal senators by how they vote.

1. Obama
2. Kennedy
3. Biden

Even though I’m republican I would not want to see the farthest right republican as president. Extremes in either direction are not good.

If Obama was white he would be looked at as a young senator only, no matter how smart he might be, but being black he has become a rock star for the Democratic Party beating the unbeatable Hilary. In the end though he is still nothing more than a young 2 year senator anyway you look at it, and who would want any person like that to be the next leader of our nation.

If you work hard for your money be ready to give much more of it to the government so Obama’s social programs can be funded. Nothing is free and the hard workers will feel the pain to pay for those who choose not to work.

Obama and his wife are radicals with radical friends. 20 years in Rev White’s church, he married them, he baptized Obama's children, but after all that Obama now says he doesn’t agree with the good rev’s teachings…

Ok…ya right…

Vote away my friends…

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join