It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Vanitas
And, after all, why does magnetism affect the brain in such peculiar ways?

because we have iron in our blood?

Our brain waves emulate the magnetic pulses of the Earth, as well. Schumann Resonance.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Schumann Resonance.

SHHH don't say that word.... THEY will throw the switch again. Every 'time' I dig into that something weird happens to files, links, memory, etc...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Seriously?

We also have copper in our blood, not to mention other minerals, but you don't see the brain go haywire when exposed to them.

I think what she meant was why it produces those specific effects, like the feeling of being observed and such, like those studies show.

In any case that would be my question.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Our brain waves emulate the magnetic pulses of the Earth, as well. Schumann Resonance.

That's interesting!

It would explain a lot.
But why would magnetism cause the feeling of being watched, for example, that's what I'd like to know.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra

That's interesting!

It would explain a lot.
But why would magnetism cause the feeling of being watched, for example, that's what I'd like to know.

I dunno. In what context are you referring? What would indicate that magnetism is causative? (perhaps i am slow...if so, i apologize).

The feeling of being watched....if you are interested in that, might i recommend reading the following:

Ingo Swann Database

It is one of the best investments of time i have made. it is a LOT of reading, and sometimes you get tired of re-reading similar information. but this re-reading makes the information far more easy to remember.

It is a great explanation of how the mind and brain interface, and some of the underlying senses that we do not recognize because of how much noise our primary 5 create.

edit to add: The experiments done at SRI by Swann and Puthoff indicate that there is an electromagnetic element to "psi". Perhaps that is the link you are looking for? If so, read about it here:

SRI Experiment

edit on 1-10-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan because: add info on Puthoff.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Magnetism affects not so much "the brain", itself, but rather components or areas of the brain, specifically the Pineal Gland, which houses / controls the "body clock" mechanism inside us. Hence the possibility of missing time or time anomalies, when subject to increased levels of magnetism.

I'd be intersetd to hear from anyone who has had an MRI scan or similar - have they experienced any sort of time anomaly? E.g. did they come out thinking no time had passed yet they had been in the hospital for 3 hours, or similar?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
...and gravity also affects the human body. The gravitational pull of the moon causes the tides on earth. Our bodies are made up mostly of water, on a cellular level, and so it's reasonable to say that grvavty, or rather increased levels of gravity, could affect our bodies too. Think of people who are affected by the phases of the moon.....

Also, The area was famous as a health spa in the late 1800s to early 1900s. No doubt the gravity/magnetic anomalies played a part in that also, whether or not it was actually known at the time.

edit on 1-10-2010 by BlueOrb because: Because i made so many mistakes, it read like english was my second language.......I must type slower....

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

If you believe this, look up Schumann Frequencies. Then compare them to the brain wave frequencies.

The brain is tied intricately to the Earth's magnetic field.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I dunno. In what context are you referring? What would indicate that magnetism is causative? (perhaps i am slow...if so, i apologize).

It was just an example.
I am not the best person on this board to talk about ithis - although I've had a few interesting experiences during mountain climbing (yes, in the Alps, among other places
) - but from what little I know from conversations off this site, there were well publicized studies that show that if you expose a person to a source of powerful magnetic activity (like, in a lab) it produces a sensation of a "presence", of not being alone, of being watched.
But why? That would be my question too. Why not the sensation of eating fried fish? Or just a headache?

Thank you for that Ingo Swann website.
It looks very interesting. :I hope to read it during the weekend.

I'd be intersetd to hear from anyone who has had an MRI scan or similar - have they experienced any sort of time anomaly? E.g. did they come out thinking no time had passed yet they had been in the hospital for 3 hours, or similar?

That's a very good idea! So simple and clever.

edit on 1-10-2010 by AdAstra because: Expanded the post

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

RE: MRI's....it is hard to tell. most people end up going to sleep. the conscious mind is a very, very poor clock.

There are examples in Ingo's experiments where plants were remote viewed. When they RV'd the plants, the plants exhibited and EM response.

After this, they began doing other experiments on the plants. For example, they would approach the plant speaking politely but with negative intentions. The plant knew the intentions, and exhibted consistant EM responses based on the intent of the person. You could not mask your intentions with calm voice, etc....it was based on the mind of the person.

I suspect that when the forces used for human PSI are explained, they will find that they either are EM related or interact with the EM field.

EM waves are rumored to have a time variant possibility (the crux of Tesla's "free energy" was sending a time variant EM wave out, and then catching it before it was sent, creating overunity. or so the story goes, anyway).

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by BlueOrb

If you believe this, look up Schumann Frequencies. Then compare them to the brain wave frequencies.

The brain is tied intricately to the Earth's magnetic field.

Ok. So i did.

Very interesting, and thanks for pointing me (or us) in that direction.

Only trouble is, whilst reading about Schumann, of course, Tesla came up (as the original discoverer of this), and somehwere alonmg the line, the Tesla watch was mentioned.

So that led me to look at just what the Tesla watch is, which led me to Philip Stein watches.

Which piqued my interest, as i have a soft spot for a nice watch, regardless of who makes it.

So i headed off down to the local Mall (one of them - shopping is the national passtime here.....), and now lo and behold, i am now the proud owner of a Philip Stein chronograph, and rather a few of your bucks lighter.

Lets see if this watch resonating at 7.83hz changes my life or not.....

And i blame you entirely for this....if you had not mentioned Schumann Frequencies i wouldn't have bought this watch.

Please send money!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

Well, at least you got a very concrete result!

I see a lot of new input and information, and I see I was wrong.

There is some mileage left in this particular aspect of the thread (short of pure speculation, of course).

What I would appreciate at this point would be a tentative correlation of the phenomena reported at the Untersberg (or other areas with analogous seeming activity) with the Schumann frequencies - in other words, a tentative explanation of those phenomena in the light of these frequencies.

I am afraid I don't know nearly enough about this particular subject matter - the Schumann frequencies - to really make an educated guess at this point.
(Although I may change my mind in two or three hours, seeing that it is Saturday night...
)

edit on 9-10-2010 by Vanitas because: I have nothing better to do

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

[
EM waves are rumored to have a time variant possibility

Would you mind elaborating on this?
I don't know nearly enough about this subject (although I am not completely ignorant of it), and you seem to have put a lot of thought in this.

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

[
EM waves are rumored to have a time variant possibility

Would you mind elaborating on this?
I don't know nearly enough about this subject (although I am not completely ignorant of it), and you seem to have put a lot of thought in this.

Thanks!

Haven't really given much thought. I just try to connect dots. Here is a Google search. Me explaining it would bring the wrath of trolls, and people who actually know what they are talking about.

Some stuff you can look up would be Phase Conjugation. There is stuff from LANL and ORNL on this research, if you would like to dig it out.

Also, a recent paper (i cannot find it, but there is a thread on ATS about it) discussed how quantum particles can seem to recieve information from the future.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Me explaining it would bring the wrath of trolls, and people who actually know what they are talking about.

The first part I totally understand, believe me... but the second one actually would be a desirable outcome.

Anyway, I do understand.
Normally, I research most things by myself, but in rare cases - like this thread - I actually prefer to have certain bits broken down for me by the people who already are here.

And that link about Phase Conjugation is super interesting - thanks!

Also, a recent paper (i cannot find it, but there is a thread on ATS about it) discussed how quantum particles can seem to recieve information from the future.

Oh yes, that part I am very familiar with.

(In fact, you may want to check out some of my ancient threads about time.
I suspect you would find a few interesting tidbits in there - I mean, interesting links and contributions by others.)

Thanks again!

edit on 9-10-2010 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

A minor adjustment to BFFT's Google search (i think i added the words time travel or something similar), and you get links to the Philadelphia Experiment / Montauk Experiment, which i am sure have both been talked about in great detail on here.

Whether you believe that such events took place at all, it is interesting that electromagnetism seems to be inextricably linked to time travel in some form, indeed, also with the LHC (black holes, worm holes, electromagnets), and so i think it's safe to say the science (or at least the guessed science), backs up the link (or at least theoretically).

I know absolutely not very much about physics, so i'll leave it there....

And by the way - Trolls are not welcome here in this thread, as you can see from the way it's got to 59 (or possibly after this 60) pages without incident.....

edit on 11-10-2010 by BlueOrb because: because, once again, i type to fast and misspell the most basic of words. I never learn....

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueOrb
reply to post by Vanitas

A minor adjustment to BFFT's Google search (i think i added the words time travel or something similar), and you get links to the Philadelphia Experiment / Montauk Experiment, which i am sure have both been talked about in great detail on here.

Thank you, this is great!
I haven't had much time for "independent research" (= browsing for hours
) lately, so I really appreciate any such enterprise by other members.

Still, can't wait to do some further searching on my own.

Whether you believe that such events took place at all, it is interesting that electromagnetism seems to be inextricably linked to time travel in some form, indeed, also with the LHC (black holes, worm holes, electromagnets), and so i think it's safe to say the science (or at least the guessed science), backs up the link (or at least theoretically).

I know the question wasn't DO I personally believe they happened, but I don't mind volunteering my opinion.
Where there's smoke, there's fire. And yes, sometimes, the "fire" is simply the mind-boggling amount of ignorance accumulated and added to over the years, but in certain cases - like the "Philadelphia Experiment" - I believe something extra-ordinary did happen. (I also happen to believe it may have had something to do with Tesla's papers, seized after his death nine months earlier, but I am not sure of it and would never claim to be.)

Anyway, how could such events NOT be linked to electro-magnetic currents and their manipulation, considering that literally everything seems to be a pattern of electrically propelled information, subject to gravity - hence also to magnetism, or maybe not?
(I ask any physicist reading this for leniency when it comes to my descriptions.
)

But what constitutes time?
I am beginning to suspect it really is simply a term descriptive of our perception of duration in space, and that ONLY.
In that case, consciousness plays a huge part in it. And I can easily imagine EM currents would affect it.

But how?
Here, like I said before, I think there are currently too many philosophical, even ideological, obstacles clouding the view of all too many (publishing) scientists for them to make a serious attempt at establishing a possible correlation between consciousness and "time travel" (as a reality, not as an imaginary event).

P.S. and UOT (Unbelievably Off Topic)

And by the way - Trolls are not welcome here in this thread

I know! That's what I told my cousin AA who kept visiting this thread.
But I believe she thought I was referring to my own absence of posts.

And even more UOT:
Whatever happened to the "men determined to succeed"? ;-)

edit on 13-10-2010 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

And even more UOT:
Whatever happened to the "men determined to succeed"? ;-)

edit on 13-10-2010 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

When i first used the quote, it was an admirable ethos of a visionary leader. Subsequent events here rendered it unfortunately ironic.....nevertheless it's still something that appeals to me. The new one is also something that rings true, so i'll go with that until something else comes along!

I'd never read about the Philadelphia Experiment until led there by the Google search. I agree, that something probably took place, but what....who knows for sure. I also agree that it has somethign to do with the work of Nicola Tesla, but i reckon that we will NEVER know what he was up to. I have to say, i've never spent much time on him either, but the more i stumble upon, the more my interest is piqued.

PS: Love your definition of "independent research". Spot on!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

But what constitutes time?
I am beginning to suspect it really is simply a term descriptive of our perception of duration in space, and that ONLY.
In that case, consciousness plays a huge part in it. And I can easily imagine EM currents would affect it.

How about "Time" being a representation of our LOCATION in space, rather than a duration?

Time travel is sometimes portrayed as "short-cutting" across a timeline via a wormhole. This could account for something like the Eldrige allegedly appearing in another location in the Philadelphia Experiment?

It could also acount for ghosts, if you believe in them?

Maybe in some places, the "walls" of the path we are following are thinner than normal, or possibly breached in some way, allowing glimpses of another time (Location), and even the possibility to move from one "location" to another, either easily of with further assistance from increased electromagnetism/gravity interaction?

It could explain remote viewing also, if you believe in it?

Just a random thought that you instilled in me. Again.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

edit on 14-10-2010 by BlueOrb because: Because i screwed up my editing and repeated the post.

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join