Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Seems like i was wrong. It's not August the 2. but the 12. Interesting that our two dates correlate.
Where did you get the info about the 14th?

Here's a post I translated from on of the german forums.

The Unterber is a very mysterious topic. Recently I have been to a lecture where it was mentioned. It was specifically about the Space/Time anomalies that are supposed to happen there. There was talk about greenish fog suddenly appearing and where people supposedly disappeared. (Similar reports with this fog are mentioned to appear in the Bermuda Triangle, the Philadelphia-Experiment and other notorious Places / Happenings).

This phenomena is said to have to do something with the peak of an energetic rhytm the earth is going through every 20 years whereby anomalies in certain geographic "Energy-Points" are possible. Minor anomalies happen every 10 years and the casual peaks of the year are supposed to happen on August 12th.

Missing people are said to be found again but were psychologically struck and confused. This statements essence was that this isn't something that should be trifled with. Certainly one could interpret this as a paranormal sensationalism but utter carelessness is surely not a good idea. (Just in case somebody plans to visit the unterberg on this very day)

And here's the site it's from:

*klick*

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bl4cK

I think the "Wingman" (on the forum) may be wrong too.

I learnt about the August 15th date right here, from this thread, but it seems to be common knowledge, like a local legend (no doubt conflated with the feast of the Assumption?).
I think the poster called "White Eagle" could be the man to ask these questions, since he is from the region and recently had a workshop about the Untersberg.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Today I planned a trip there with a few friends around the 12. - 15..
Wish me luck to not get sucked into the fog!

I'll investigate this topic further in the following weeks though I think the fog story is only a modern legend.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Bl4cK]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Riiight apologies for not reading all 55 pages lol but im loving what i have read. Unfortunately im just your average guy from the UK but very interested in the story. Whos up for a international ATS search party to go hunting
Good find good story thank you veyr much Sky .. i will be discussing this with my friend at work who also comes on here

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bl4cK

Good luck, of course..... but wouldn't in this case luck actually mean to BE sucked into the fog?

But I don't think you can get better information anywhere else. Read about the fog and all other phenomena right here, especially what "White Eagle and "Blue Orb" wrote, from both the scientific and the "esoteric" point of view.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Oh man, it's stories like this that makes me want to come back to ATS. If nothing else they make for excellent dinner conversations, with me speaking and my wife just shaking her head all the time.
She thinks I'm nuts, but I know the truth!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
One of Adolf Hitlers favorite movies was Snow White and the seven dwarfs. He even drew some pictures of them that were supposedly sold recently in Germany. www.productionninja.com...

I could almost imagine Hitler saying if only people knew how true this was...besides the obvious that the film may have given him ideas into mining for diamonds.

Here's a youtube video of the work song of the dwarfs in a mountain mine in german:
www.youtube.com...

No doubt some elite already know these connections with these types of films supposedly based on childens stories. The connection with children and abduction stories is also well known.

Mountains as bases and mines are obviously well connected with aliens. It really shouldn't surprise anyone when these stories come out again.

It will be interesting to hear more stories coming out of Europe that are related.

Hey everyne, great thread, now i might be going out on a limb here but i thought the connection might be worth a mention. Hitler was obsessed with snow white and the 7 dwarves, now if i recall the fairy tale snow white ate a poisoned apple and fell asleep yeah, now heres my connection, eve from adam and eve also ate an apple and look what happened, any connection? join the dots!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
please - somebody here who translate my german text:
www.untersberg.org...

i have found a new story about a mystical cave in untersberg.
the story is to find in the new book of reinhard habeck:

the author tells about a cave, which is in fact a mine (gallery).
he calls it "cave of ghosts".
i have visited this cave and have made a report (look at the link in german language):
very exciting!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by white eagle

Translation:

"A ghost cave at Untersberg? According to the latest work of non-fiction author Reinhard Habeck "Forces that give it should not" can be found at Fürstenbrunn a cave in which it is not approaching with the right things.
Let me first mention correcting that this cave is not a natural cave, but an artificially created tunnels. In his research he found, however, no indication of its origin and a suspected military equipment from one of the two world wars.
For those "Ghost Cave"So there is still some need for research, for not only the unknown origin makes it mysterious, but also the strange experiences which can make the cave visitors there.

The cave is near the valley is relatively easy and quick to find. It is oriented towards Untersberg Museum Fürstenbrunn and park either at the museum and then goes back to the stream, or you can park before the bridge turn right at the last houses.

At the end of the creek on the right side of the stream is near a split rock (crack rocks!), A steep stairway to the top. Even before Wegbeginn and practically behind the last houses, however, keep to the right and found a small, unassuming stream. This is followed by one about 50 m. If one now looks up the left slope of Bach, one can already see the tunnel entrance.

The 20-m rise is steep and slippery and requires careful!

Before the tunnel portal to fall on the left iron hinges, which can connect to an earlier closing of the tunnel (an iron portal?). The tunnel height is just under 2 meters. After a few meters of the course makes a sharp bend to the left, goes straight back several meters and then divides again into two further short tunnel sections, which end again after a few meters. The total length is about 30 meters.
Even the strange course of tunnels makes you curious.

Author Reinhard Habeck described a video camera, which started functioning in spite of only the input and the exit from the tunnel - between yawns a mysterious time gap. That seems familiar yet!
He also speaks of many orbs that were captured by various digital cameras in the tunnel area. And then he describes a panicky feeling that drove him quickly on his first visit back out. A "fog nature" is later seen on the photos.
Other visitors are talking about sightings of Naturwesenheiten.

On my first visit, I note first that my digital camera in Höhleninneren triggers, although the pre-flash functions and working. This is due to the weak flash and the tunnel walls, swallow any light? A natural explanation is possible - if there would not have been the reaction of my wife, which - although not usually pushes frightened - in a kind of panic attack for immediate exit of the tunnel. She had "seen something weird" - about the same place, like Reinhard Habeck - and they knew his report by then not yet.

What is going on there, in that mysterious tunnel, whose "objective" name "ghost cave" inspired us to a new name: the Froasenhöhle.

Note: Froasen or Convulsions derives from the Middle High German word "vrais"Come and means something like anger, fear or anxiety."

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

White Eagle,

Is this the cave that you visited?

Close up of the plan and section view only:

This cave (if it is the correct one), is included in the cave book i have. It is named "Wohnhoehle bei Fuerstenbrunn", is registed with the land registry under the number 1339/121, is approximately 30m in length, the opening is located at a height above sea level of 700m, rises in height approximately 5m along the length, and was first reported/recorded in 1974, by Walther Klappacher, who is responsible for a lot of the input in the book i have from the Landesverien fuer Hoehlenkunde Salzburg.

The above plans are indeed from the book, and by Klappacher himself.

It is described much as you said, and with a fireplace, and partial wooden floor in places, and an area where drinking water can be collected.

The book suggests that it could have benn used as a pace of safety during the wars (one, or other or both?), but it clearly refers to it as a place where people lived, in so much as it refer to a living room area.

Of course, how and when it was originally formed is still a mystery.

Source of my information is, of course, the Salzburger Hoehlenbuch (Landesverein fuer Hoehlenkunde Salzburg), Volume 1. Everything is acknowledged, in terms of copyright etc, in this and in any subsequent post i may or not make, and in any case, they should consider this as a very good advert for their book.......

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueOrb

White Eagle,

Is this the cave that you visited?

hello blueorb,

no - it isn't the cave!

please consider the cave is not a naturally cave but a tunnel.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Translation:

"A ghost cave at Untersberg?...

At the end of the creek on the right side of the stream is near a split rock (crack rocks!)

Haha, crack rocks . . .

Really though, anyone else wondering about the mountain's role in this thread?
Hitler declares war on the zionist state: USA

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan

A question like that inevitably begs another question: have you thought about it?

And if so, what do you think about it?

I have to admit, I did not watch the videos except the first one, and not in its entirety - rumblings (and ramblings) of war in general have a soporific effect on me - but I expect some others have, so they can offer better feedback.

After reading much of this thread (that was a summer or two ago), I have little doubt that the Untersberg probably did hold a special place in Hitler's mind and was possibly included in the plans for some covert machinations.

Having said that, I don't see how could it have played a significant role in the actual foreign policy of Hitler's Germany. So, if you have any concrete ideas about this, it would certainly be interesting to hear.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Originally posted by alaskan

I have to admit, I did not watch the videos

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Vanitas]

I have to admit, me neither, for the following reason:

I don't believe that the mountain played any role whatsoever in shaping the policy of the Third reich in terms of how they conducted their business. Their policies leading up to war were to regain the lands that they believed had been taken from the German Empire, and bring them back into the fold, to create the Empire again.

The mountain's role in the whole affair is more involved with the legend of Charlemagne (Hitler viewed himself as a kind of Charlemagne, rescuing the German people), and also with the beliefs of DHvsS, etc, in the 20s, who believed that the Ray of Light would shine down there. Hitler once commented "...It is no coincidence that i have my residence here..." or something similar, and that is more tied in with legends of the mountain, rather than it being involved in the whole policy leading up to and into WWII.

That said, the videos were very interesting (i have to admit i did not view them immediately, only today).

I have to say, it puts a different slant on things, and if you watch them all, you could easliy come to the conclusion that US foreign policy has not moved on much since that time! They seem to do the same things now, that Hitler accuses them of doing back in the late 30s and early 40s. Just replace Roosevelt with Bush, or Clinton, and their actions are the same. Talking peace, but preparing for war at the same time. Placing arms embargos on countries while arming the countries around the "enemy" (Think the Middle East missile shield).

Some nice shots of the Berghof in the videos, and indeed of the mountain, though.

Not really relevant to this thread, but interesting nonetheless. Thanks for putting them up, Alaskan.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by BlueOrb]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Spam

[edit on 22/8/10 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I just read about this for the first time. My interest is piqued. I would put it on my Top 3 list of places to visit, along with Mt.Shasta and the Skinwalker Ranch.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I have lurked on this website for many years and never deemed it necessary to post - until now.

Over the years, there have been many interesting topics I've had the priveledge to indulge in; however, 26 pages in and I had to say something about this one.

In no time, I can consider myself an antiquarian in Germanic legends and folk lore - having read enough in the last 20-some pages. There is a time and place for fairy tales, this is not the place. The OP came up w *one* genuine report of a disapearance (of the three, that later "showed-up" thousands of miles away) which was from a few decades back, and this *one* report had so many different allegations, I'm personally having a hard time understanding its authenticity. I digress.

My point at hand - people will believe anything nowadays as long you can write coherent English statements. In this case translated from German articles. Beyond a doubt, there is a higher-than-normal magnetic activity present in the area. That's a fact. Everything else you guys have posted is fiction. Fiction is the part of the library where you put all the "made-up" material.

I used to come here and become illuminated in matters outside the realm of normal, so beyond the years of any of my colleagues. Now - I only shake my head in despair that people are so desperate to believe time travel "portals" that exist in the bottom of a cave.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Charla†an

I think if you continue to read the whole thread, up to the current 56th page, you will see that the thread develops further away from myth and legend, and will hopefully, pique your interest in a different way, that will not leave you so let down.

A lot of people put a lot of time into this thread, which is borne out by the number of pages and posts, and as one of those people, i can tell you that for me it's not about myths and folklore, more how things like that tiein with other aspects of the area.

really - keep reading to the end, and then post another comment.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Charla†an

Firstly... of all the threads on this site, this one makes you shake your head in despair?

(Sorry. It's not mean laughter, even if it looks like it.)

May I ask you (even though someone else may have to reply because God knows when I'll be back), why do you consider that 1987 report "genuine" and the others, from previous centuries, not?
(BTW, there seem to have been more recent cases, too.)

Because all the people who lived before the advent of visual accessibility (film, visual recording, that makes everything about our times seem more credible) - or perhaps even before the generation that currently "owns" the world - were ignorant wretches?

Well, they weren't. Far from it.
Nor were all the people of yore as gullible as Hollywood and bad history textbooks like to portray them.

But ignorance, or the lack thereof, is not even the point.
People may have been (and many still are) ignorant of our modern interpretations of the various physical (and para-physical) phenomena, and their individual mind frames may have been influenced by religion or superstitions or both - but none of that necessarily means that their reports about strange goings-on were false OR that they were, all of them, simply misinterpretations of natural phenomena.
They may have been; but we have no proof whatsoever on which to base such a dismissal.
And "proof" works both ways, lest we get intellectual and scientific dishonesty.

Furthermore, you stated that "beyond a doubt, there is a higher-than-normal magnetic activity present in the area".
In my opinion, NOTHING is ever beyond doubt, not even seemingly 100% confirmed physical "facts" - but wouldn't the presence of such strong magnetic activity dictate that the possible effects of such activity upon human dimensional perception (or whatever one may wish to call it) be properly examined, including traditional "folk" reports about unusual experiences in the area?

Finally, while I totally agree - generally speaking - with your (implicit) statement that articulate writing can be obfuscating and no more than smoke and mirrors, I think sometimes it can justifiably lend credibility to what is being said. And this is such a case. Think about it: how likely it is that so many people who are obviously educated and intelligent enough to use proper language, even on the internet (!), would waste their time and resources on a subject if it were really devoid of any value?

Anyway, I hope - for your sake, obviously - that you heed BlueOrb's advice and read the entire thread.
Even better, reread it with a little more benefit of doubt in your mind.

OR - why not? - come up with some good, valid, provable arguments against the credibility of the reports and thoughts that have been discussed here.
That would be very constructive, and I know certainly I would enjoy reading it.

edit on 11-9-2010 by Vanitas because: Corrected some more tpyos AND the edit

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Vanitas - as always, you are so much more elegant in your writings than me! Good to "see" you here again!

Just to add, having taken a very very very brief look around the new site layout, i found out this is the ALL TIME MOST FLAGGED TOPIC ON ATS.

So something about it must be worth the read, eh? But then you know that.......

new topics
top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum