It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Just a little curiosity... Guess who resides in Berchtesgaden now?

www.dod.mil...

Thanks for stopping by with some excellent finds zorgon. Interesting to see that the U.S. "has stuff covered" now.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

If by SPACE, you mean timespace (as I am assuming you do), then yes, definitely.
And this is one of the things I've been occupying myself with lately: trying to identify the specific points of our entanglement in the 3-D mesh of all there is.
We have what we call "gravity", and magnetism, and perhaps other, as yet unidentified factors; but one of those factors, I suspect, is consciousness. Specifically, the concentration of consciousness - of the operative "I", if you will (the very one that is now writing this instead of sleeping
)
- at this specific point in timespace, with all possible other presences of thi Self being sort of "shadowy" (but perhaps active in their absorption and processing of this huge "mesh" we're in, nonetheless).
And, as I have said before, I tend to believe that consciousness itself is very much influenced by the physical factors under discussion here (including all the unidentified factors).

I could not agree more with your view about the "walls" being thinner at some places/times.

And, yes, I do believe in "ghosts" - what I don't believe is the facile explanation that they are always spirits of the departed, preferably tragically. Some may be, for all I know (not much); most, I would say, are not.
(I've written TONS about this in recent months, and I am not really all that enamoured of my own written voice... But if need be, I can write some more about this if necessary.
)

I also believe in all of the other "paranormal" manifestations that you've mentioned.
How could I not, considering my own experiences in life?

But again, it is the usual explanations that I found unconvincing.
To my mind, "I don't know" is a much better answer. ;-)

(I am not sure the above is at all intelligible - I suspect not - but it's the best I can do right now.
Sorry! )

edit on 8-11-2010 by Vanitas because: My parallel Self made a spelling mistake.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thankyou for this post,
I had never heard about this so this made for an interesting read,
Would love to visit this mountain myself,
Time slips seems interesting to me

edit on 9-11-2010 by avvie because: Spelling error

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Thanks for stopping by with some excellent finds zorgon. Interesting to see that the U.S. "has stuff covered" now.

Yeah I keep finding more on that and don't seem to have the time to put it all together. Have saves all the stuff here but not put it onto the site yet

Seems Area 51 and Pine Gap are BOTH on a magnetic/gravity anomaly and both are connected with ancient stories of natural 'gateways'. That was quite a find for me in light of the rumors that there is a 'doorway' between Pine Gap and Area 51. Starwarp2000 new a lot about that but sadly he got da boot

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by avvie

Well, you've come to the right place.

Far be it from me to encourage - or even passively observe - this thread to degenerate into a string of bizarre accounts or urban legends unrelated to the subject. But as I was flipping through some notes of mine, I was reminded of a case that I do find somewhat relevant to the last portion of this discussion: the case of Goethe's "double".

Goethe is particularly interesting because he wasn't only a poet, of course: he was also an influential researcher of science, notably - and ironically - optics.

Here's what he wrote (in English translation) in his autobiography, Dichtung und Wahrheit:

I now rode along the foot-path toward Drusenheim, and here one of the most singular forebodings took possession of me. I saw, not with the eyes of the body, but with those of the mind, my own figure coming toward me, on horseback, and on the same road, attired in a dress which I had never worn, — it was pike-gray, with somewhat of gold. As soon as I shook myself out of this dream, the figure had entirely disappeared. It is strange, however, that, eight years afterward, I found myself on the very road, to pay one more visit to Frederica, in the dress of which I had dreamed, and which I wore, not from choice, but by accident.

And here's how he, ever the scientist, explains it:

However, it may be with matters of this kind generally, this strange illusion in some measure calmed me at the moment of parting. The pain of quitting for ever noble Alsace, with all I had gained in it, was softened; and, having at last escaped the excitement of a farewell, I, on a peaceful and quiet journey, pretty well regained my self-possession.

Even mighty minds trip over trifles...

How does that explain the clothes he was wearing?

Still, this sort of explanation actually comes in very handy because it demonstrates his general rationalistic proclivities and frame of mind. (And BTW, this is the only such event described by him, if I remember correctly.)

Anyway, I find this relevant because, if true, it clearly challenges the whole concept of Time as it s presently understood by mainstream science and - seemingly - our own everyday experience.

Thus endeth my anecdotal interlude.
Beware of imitating me!

edit on 9-11-2010 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Who is the supposed instegator for all these coverup stories,
Dont tell me, it's the men in black
no seriously who dreams up these cover stories i would really like to know who is behind it..... and what are they really up to....

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If you could find out who the "instigator" is, I am sure you could make a fortune selling books. If you lived long enough to write a book, that is.

Care to try to set the bar a little higher? When you merely set it to "impossible", it just seems like we are underachieving so much.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 4shore?

I know the question was not addressed to me, but I can't help wondering what "cover ups" do you have in mind?

As I understand this thread, we're discussing the possible origins and implications of very real phenomena, documented through the ages.

Care to try to set the bar a little higher? When you merely set it to "impossible", it just seems like we are underachieving so much.

I couldn't agree more.

And while it is totally off topic, I couldn't help but be reminded of that (in)famous article in the NYT (of all places!) that stated:

it might be assumed that the flying machine which will really fly might be evolved by the combined and continuous efforts of mathematicians and mechanicians in from one million to ten million years.

It was published on October 9th, 1903 - a few weeks before the first successful (if short) flight of a "flying machine".

edit on 10-11-2010 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Thanks for sharing, that was very interesting, i do believe in time slips, i also think maybe deja vu could be things from the future which we experience.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Great story in this thread.
Can not wait for a book.
It sounds similar to the fairy foke.
They would take people in to there hill.
Give them food. "Never eat the food!"
And they would dance and have fun.
And when they left many years have past.
This sounds a little similar!
A under ground world that has a different rate of time?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

"I now rode along the foot-path toward Drusenheim, and here one of the most singular forebodings took possession of me. I saw, not with the eyes of the body, but with those of the mind, my own figure coming toward me, on horseback, and on the same road, attired in a dress which I had never worn, — it was pike-gray, with somewhat of gold. As soon as I shook myself out of this dream, the figure had entirely disappeared. It is strange, however, that, eight years afterward, I found myself on the very road, to pay one more visit to Frederica, in the dress of which I had dreamed, and which I wore, not from choice, but by accident. "

Another word for it....deja vu!! We have all experienced that I am sure and I for one, am always amazed at the strong feelings that accompany my deja vu episodes. And they are reasonably regular.
So am I slipping back and forward in time now and again, or is it through dreamstate, which is possibly how Goethe first saw himself in that particular attire.
Hmmmmm....

edit on 9-11-2010 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2010 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

They sound more than a little similar.

And considering how widely spread they are, I wonder where they came from, how they originated.

I've noticed that people often tend to dismiss folk and fairy tales as being simply "made up".
But where does an idea like that - people disappeared, they came back, they hadn't aged a single day (!), but their loved ones were long dead - come from?
It's not something that naturally springs to mind from observing nature and life in general.

On a purely personal (and irrelevant) note, three of my favourite stories, when I was little, were a Norwegian tale about two lovers separated for a hundred years, a Vietnamese fairy tale about a man who left his village and returned 300 years later; and H. Ch. Andersen's story about time-travelling galoshes.

edit on 15-11-2010 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

It is an interesting story, isn't it?

Personally, I have a different explanation (tentative, of course) for deja vu... but more on that some other time and/or space. :-)

In Goethe's case, I tend to believe that he actually saw "through" the veils that seem to separate our seeming "present" from our seeming "future". That would explain the unfamiliar clothes he saw.

It's all there, all the time.
It's just that we're wired up in such a way that prevents an "overload" of timespace perceptions.

But every sophisticated wiring system has occasional glitches.

edit on 15-11-2010 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
EDIT.

As for this thread, interesting stuff. I'd never heard of this before. One thing I'm wondering though is why, if there were supposedly hundreds of missing person cases around the mountain, does very little show up on google searches etc? I can barely find one reference to missing persons around the Untersberg.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Project-Sign because: Replied to a years old post

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project-Sign
EDIT.

As for this thread, interesting stuff. I'd never heard of this before. One thing I'm wondering though is why, if there were supposedly hundreds of missing person cases around the mountain, does very little show up on google searches etc? I can barely find one reference to missing persons around the Untersberg.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Project-Sign because: Replied to a years old post

You would probably get better results if you searched in German.

More importantly, you have to understand that not all of the people who go missing are going to be listed in on the internet.
This is especially true of people whose disappearance is presumed to have been due to some accident while hiking or similar circumstances. The local mountain rescue teams most certainly are aware of those people and check their lists whenever any human remains are found, but you are unlikely to find their names on the web.

I know of two people who have gone missing. One is listed on the Europol (and presumably Interpol) website, the other is not. It is a person who disappeared years ago during a hike in a wood.
His disappearance, while very unusual, is presumed to have been an accident... as yet unexplained.

P.S. In my opinion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with replying to "years old" posts.

It is far better than cluttering this site with ever new sprouts of the same old fare. :-)

edit on 16-11-2010 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

That's true. Growing up in the time that we have, it's easy to forget sometimes that things weren't always posted on the internet as soon as possible

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

What is your thoughts on deja vu?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Vanitas

What is your thoughts on deja vu?

I'm amazed no one has jumped in on this one, just for a laugh......

The obvious reply (although not serious) to this question, would be:

"....... i had a feeling you were going to say that........"

Good to see the flags for this are now over 600 too.

Have been a little busy recently with a bit of a nightmare situation here in the UAE, but hope to get back on this soon.

Although we have taken this subject in several directions, i still think there is more out there that can connect a few of these different paths.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

On a 1992 visit to Austria, the Dalai Lama specifically asked to see the Mountain, calling it “a sleeping Dragon” and “The Heartchakra of the World” (chakra refers to an energy center in eastern terminology).

WOW, still reading

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join