It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Tha's great, thank you.

Haven't read it yet, but hope to do soon, and I am sure it's very interesting.

Then it would be nice to discuss the possible meanings of such anomalies for human consciousness.
That's what we're talking about, right?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

Still it could be interesting to see, especially if it's confined to the Alpine area.
Also, this is a looong thread, so even reposting relevant stuff now and then could be useful.

edit on 27-9-2010 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I really enjoyed this thread, i'll have to visit this place.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Above is the link to the report i found - decyphering and posting onto here is thanks to Armap.....so Thanks!

Like i say, not as interesting as i had hoped, but does show the anomaly across the Alps region, and particularly around the Untersberg area.

Also, i inadvertantly referred to this as a magnetoic anomaly, i think. This map does in fact show a Gravity anomaly. Again, Thanks to Armap for showing me the error of my ways.

I think i need a holiday!!!!

edit on 28-9-2010 by BlueOrb because: Quick typing leads to bad spelling.........

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well since there is also a magnetic anomaly in the region that makes it more interesting

Gravity Anomaly Free-Air Anomaly...

In geodesy and geophysics, the Bouguer anomaly (named after Pierre Bouguer) is computed from a free-air anomaly by computationally removing from it the attraction of the terrain, the Bouguer reduction. Bouguer anomaly map of the state of New Jersey (USGS) In case where the effects of terrain are removed precisely, we speak of a refined or complete Bouguer reduction. In case the terrain is approximated by a flat plate of thickness H, the height of the gravity measurement location above sea level, we speak of a simple Bouguer reduction. The difference between the two, the differential gravitational effect of the unevenness of the terrain, is called the terrain effect. It is always negative.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Basically what these maps show is density of the rock below the mountain... the darker the blue the less dense the rocks are. This could be a simple difference between a dense volcanic basalt and a salt dome, or it could be the place is riddled with caverns...

Looking at the geohistory of the area...

Early Eocene climatic, volcanic, and biotic events in the northwestern Tethyan Untersberg section, Austria
PAPER

Caves will give rise to gravity minima detectable by the gravity meter if of sufficient volume in relation to their depth. The dimensions required for caves of different geometrical forms to give readable gravity effects are shown by curves. Maps are included of small, sharp gravity minima in Iraq which may be caused by solution caverns.

THE DETECTION OF CAVES BY GRAVITY MEASUREMENTS
onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

So hard to find free copies of some of these papers though

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well since there is also a magnetic anomaly in the region that makes it more interesting

I agree, it makes it even more interesting!
After all, isn't time directly correlated with gravity? :-)

Thank you, BlueOrb and Zorgon.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
[

Still it could be interesting to see, especially if it's confined to the Alpine area.

I can see how anyone who spends a lot of time climbing those rocks would have a vested interest in a thread discussing how the Alps can mess with your head...
)

All this is highly interesting. Thank you, Blue Orb, and thank you, Zorgon.
I haven't opened the magnetic anomalies PDF yet, but I have glanced at the gravity map, although I am not sure yet what to make of it. It does seem unlikely, however, the two kinds of anomaly observed in the area would not be related.

Any comments?

P.S.

I have noticed there is a very strong - very bright yellow - spot in Apulia (southern Italy), not to mention further east, in Attica and other parts of southern Greece.
The Pyrenees - Cathar country - on the other hand, seem to be only slightly "anomalous", by comparison, although considerably more than other, "blue" areas.
I am mentioning it simply because it could be helpful to keep those spots in mind when searching for possible correlations or analogies.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Vanitas because:
edit on 28-9-2010 by Vanitas because: I live for editing posts, that's why...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
In all this talk of underground anomalies and people's belief in the hollow Earth theory, I find it interesting that science is actually finding stuff that can help support that.

Hollow no, but vast regions of caves and catacombs that go down miles, even complete oceans 600 miles below the surface...

We have rumors of underground transit systems that were there before the military took them over, even made the LA times in 1972

Shows like the TV series Beauty and the Beast use the old tunnels that are several levels beneath New York city... layer on layer of tunnels. In the show there was one huge cavern/pit that was 'bottomless'. Well New York is riddled with caverns

Discovered in 1842 and located 156 feet below ground level, Howe Caverns is the second most visited natural tourist attraction in New York State and is filled with cave adventures the whole family will love.

www.tripcart.com...

Some time ago, (lost the article) they were going to put in a nuclear power plant... Its a park now because under neath that area was a huge cavern

I did a thread with John Lear on the underground submarine base at Hawthorne Nevada, and in my search to trace a possible under ground waterway I found that most of Nevada and CA are saturated with waterways at many different levels... in fact San Joaquin valley has SUNK 30+ feet since 1925 and the city of Long Beach sank 25 feet

There are definitely huge interconnected cave systems all across the US and the rest of the world... filled with huge bottomless lakes, 100 foot water falls etc. Many parts of the world are riddled with sink holes like the one in Guatamala that just opened and swallowed some houses

And now we find an "Ocean under Asia"

Huge 'Ocean' Discovered Inside Earth
28 February 2007

Scientists probing the Earth's interior have found a large reservoir of water equal to the volume of the Arctic Ocean beneath eastern Asia. The left figure is a slice through the Earth, taken from the figure on the right, showing the attenuation anomalies within the mantle at a depth of roughly 620 miles.

Live Science
www.livescience.com...

FOX News
www.foxnews.com...

Associated Content
www.associatedcontent.com...

National Geographic
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I can see how anyone who spends a lot of time climbing those rocks would have a vested interest in a thread discussing how the Alps can mess with your head... )

Originally posted by zorgon
In all this talk of underground anomalies and people's belief in the hollow Earth theory, I find it interesting that science is actually finding stuff that can help support that.

Hollow no, but vast regions of caves and catacombs that go down miles, even complete oceans 600 miles below the surface...

Not exactly the same, but there are many regions in the Alps where local legends abound about secret tunnels and passages within the mountains themselves, supposedly from the time of the Turkish invasions (15th - 17th centuries), which I think is plausible, because people really did seek shelter from the invading Turks.

Sad thing is, these oral traditions are fading into oblivion, and fast, before they were properly explored or even recorded, in most cases.
Even now only the oldest locals know about them.

edit on 28-9-2010 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by zorgon

He may have. Or at least been in contact with Matyas. Of course, that is Puthoff's job: to scout talent. That is what you do when you work "advanced research".

Under penalty of perjury, Scientology's, scientologist Attorney (and member of the BOD of Boston U) Earle C Cooley swore TO: USDJ Leonie Brinkema that the following material is "ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY"

" Scientologists believe that most human problems can be traced to lingering spirits of an extraterrestrial people massacred by their ruler, Xenu, over 75 million years ago. These spirits attach themselves by "clusters" to individuals in the contemporary world, causing spiritual harm and negatively influencing the lives of their hosts ". USDJ Judge Leonie Brinkema 4 Oct 96 Memorandum Opinion, RTC vs Lerma source link

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Of course, the Untersberg has hundreds of caves, going down below the surface hundred of metres, and its likely that there are many many more that have yet to be discovered or explored.

The anomalies are also caused by rocks under the surface - deep under the surface.

Without a doubt the geology of the area is responsible for both the gravity and magnetic anomalies around the Untersberg. My question is (and always has been in this thread) - How do these anomalies react with the atmosphere, ionosphere, space, the sun, blah blah blah, and what is the result of this interaction? What could be the effect on time?

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC), which i also brought up here, is much talked about as being able to open up a wormhole, black hole, whatever, and lead to a means to "time travel", for want of better words. It is basically powered by the world's largest ever electromagnets, built especially for the project. So magnetism is key to the operation.

I'm not saying the Untersberg magnetism is anywhere near that powerful, but maybe under the right circumstances, and with the right influences of, say, the sun, ionosphere, etc, just a small part of that power can be exhibited, on a very local level.......

Remember the NII radio signal, the skipping across the ionoshpere, the pseudolites positioned there due to the ionospheric conditions.....

There's too much coincidence here for it to be nothing.

But that's just my opinion. What do i know.....

edit on 29-9-2010 by BlueOrb because: .....because i'm worth it.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

Well I came in to this thread late and still have to go over it in detail..

I have noticed that there seem to be 'UFO' type lights associated with this set of anomalies and I see similar sitings at other locations. I need to gather data to see how close they corelate...

As to time distortions? Not sure if its strong enough... Dimesional portals? perhaps... I am looking at that at Frenchman's mountain in Vegas. And if a dimensional portal or temporary rift is possible, then seems an effect on time may be as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
From a USAF commissioned study that 'apparently' went now further...

BUT the terminology in the report is what is most interesting to me...

Naturally occurring anomalous teleportation phenomena that were previously studied by the United States and foreign governments were also documented in the study and are reviewed in the report.

Naturally occurring... Frenchmen's Mountain being one such location.

But here is the kicker...

Two Kinds of vm-Teleportation Identified for the Air Force Study

• Traversable Wormhole engineered as a “STARGATE”
(via Einstein’s General Relativity Theory field equations, 1915)

• Faster-Than-Light (FTL) solutions of the Polarizable-Vacuum Representation of General Relativity (Davis,Puthoff, Maccone, 2003; , Puthoff, 1999, 2000) induce a flat-spacetime version of the Stargate via engineering the vacuum EM parameters

Part 1: What are Traversable Wormholes?

• Hyperspace tunnels thru spacetime, which can:

1. connect together remote regions within our universe
2. connect together different universes
3. connect together different space dimensions (for higher dimensional wormholes)
4. connect together different chronological periods within the same space region (backwards time travel!)

Part 2 - What are Traversable Wormholes?

• Traversable Wormholes possess:

1. normal or backwards time flow
2. normal or nonexistent gravitational stresses on space travelers
3. entry/exit openings (or throats) that can be made to be spherically shaped, cubic shaped,polyhedral shaped, generic shaped, etc.
4. flat entry/exit openings are possible – a true STARGATE or flat doorway through spacetime &dimensions!

Teleportation Physics Study
DTIC Copy - AFRL-PR-ED-TR-2003-0034
APPROVED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE; DISTRIBUTION UNLIMITED

AIR FORCE RESEARCH LABORATORY
AIR FORCE MATERIEL COMMAND
EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE CA 93524-7048

www.thelivingmoon.com...

So on the one hand we hear that wormholes, stargates etc are just fantasy or nonsense, and on the other hand we have governments studying naturally existing portals and using lingo as if they were 'old hat. But they do allow that wormholes can be more than a point to point transfer, including time.

There are stories of these natural gateways all over the world dating back into antiquity. In fact it was stories like that that Hitler was chasing.

We have Robert Bigelow at the Sherman Ranch in Utah... he formed NIDS National Institute for Discovery Science
www.rense.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Hal Puthoff was also involved in NIDS.. and his name pops up in the CIA remote viewing Project Stargate... (he pops up a LOT in my research
)

Gillilan's Ranch - Another place on the list...

I am going to toss in a hunch I have... a what if...

What if... sightings of Bigfoot for example are merely brief glimpses through a portal that is open briefly? We can see him, he can see us... but he is in his dimension and we in ours. Can we cross over like Bermuda triangle type stories? Don't know but maybe... just maybe there is a common factor in all that. It would certainly explain many anomalies, AND why we never find any traces of hard evidence...

edit on 29-9-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

"What if... sightings of Bigfoot for example are merely brief glimpses through a portal that is open briefly? We can see him, he can see us... but he is in his dimension and we in ours. Can we cross over like Bermuda triangle type stories? Don't know but maybe... just maybe there is a common factor in all that. It would certainly explain many anomalies, AND why we never find any traces of hard evidence."

Wow, you really peeled open my brain with that one.

Could you post the thread link you did on the sinking land in Long Beach. I think I read it before, but want to visit it again. It stirred the question in me "Is this happening at other locations around the word?"

Back on topic. I love this thread and certainly hope it stays alive for a long time! Little pieces of the puzzle drifting in slowly, and the bam we have it all figured out (2012)!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

i have heard a similar theory. Except it involved sacred geometry and asserted taht you would find the large number of anomolies at 19 and 33 degrees latitude.

it would seem that 19 and 33 degrees describe a lot of the anomolies on other planets, as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Could you post the thread link you did on the sinking land in Long Beach. I think I read it before, but want to visit it again. It stirred the question in me "Is this happening at other locations around the word?"

Certainly...
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Here is a map of the first layer of underground waterways...

I have been working on sink hole, caverns and under ground waterways around the world. On the map above look at Florida for example... see that blue band..

Now look at the area in Google Earth... all those nice 'lakes' that people buy houses near

+27° 35' 52.48", -81° 29' 48.78"

Those are NOT lakes...

What your Real Estate agent forgot to tell you... and you thought 'swampland' was the scam

You can follow our work on the Endangered Earth section
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Now if I was looking for an access point to the underworld, I wouldn't look at the north pole... I would try Belize

edit on 29-9-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueOrb
My question is (and always has been in this thread) - How do these anomalies react with the atmosphere, ionosphere, space, the sun, blah blah blah, and what is the result of this interaction? What could be the effect on time?

Exactly.
Alas, that is also the reason why I think this thread is going to hit a brick wall any time now.
We simply cannot solve these questions here.
(Of course, nobody ever said we could or should "solve" anything - but isn't that the ultimate, if unspoken, point of any discussion? :-))

We cannot solve them because we would necessarily have to operate within the conclusions of current research - which is not necessarily always flawless, not even in natural sciences - and what it says about such interactions.
Current "serious" mainstream researchers themselves - at least as far as we know - seem to have very little idea how these physical forces interact amongst themselves. Or if they do, they're not telling.
(Would they call them "anomalies" if they actually knew all the rules by which nature plays?)

And let's not even mention the question of how these forces affect the totality of the human being in his/her interaction with the larger (cosmic) body-mind grid within we operate.
If you ask any of those researchers about the effects of magnetism on the human mind, you're likely to be dismissed with a more or less flippant reference to some of the (not entirely flawless or even necessarily replicated) studies that show that magnetic fields can trigger certain sensations in the brain, some of which could account for certain "paranormal" phenomena.

However, those studies do not really prove anything, other than there is certain activity in certain parts of the brain that seems to be correlated with certain experiences or perceptions that transcend ordinary human experience of time/space.
But how does poking the brain with a wire (exaggerating for effect here) in a lab explain spontaneous experiences in the "wild", as it were?
And, after all, why does magnetism affect the brain in such peculiar ways?

The most progressive amongst those researchers acknowledge that the human mind is not identical with the brain - far from it. But such an acknowledgement is the outer limit of the current mainstream research.
They do not know, not really, how and to what extent the brain and the mind are correlated, or what our perception of time/space really depends on,which would be the basis required for any comprehensive study of the influence of natural forces, such as magnetism or gravity, on said perception.
It's the very reality of our "reality" what escapes them.
(Again, by "them" I mean mainstream research of physiological factors that affect human consciousness.)

But, needless to say, I am all for independent thinking.
So... give it a go, people.
I am looking forward to any developments. :-)

And, of course, there are many other intriguing data in this thread, like the disposition and dimensions of certain structures built for Hitler, which offer valid points of investigation and endlessly fascinating insights all by themselves.

edit on 29-9-2010 by Vanitas because: It's 3 a.m. - what do you think the reason is?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
i've been saving up for a trip to spain and italy, and other places depending on how much i save.

this makes me want to divert course and possibly plan out a trip to that region and that specific area. i would document it for sure. though if i read the entire thread, it would seem like i have been there most likely

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sidepocket

Well, since Spain and Italy are west of the Untersberg - and assuming you would be coming from west - you need not make a detour after all. :-)
You could, for example, visit the regions in France (very near the border with Spain) where the Cathars built their fortresses (believe me, they are impressive and well worth a visit anyway) and then proceed to the Untersberg and the Kehlsteinhaus - preferably with a measuring tape in hand.

I hope you have a wonderful journey, wherever you go.
And I am sure everyone would be glad to hear about any first-hand experiences relevant to this thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
And, after all, why does magnetism affect the brain in such peculiar ways?

because we have iron in our blood?

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join