It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
This already reminds me of another caving story

www.freewebs.com...

This is a GREAT story. Take the time to read it if you already haven't and let me know what you think.

I just read that entire story!!!!!!!!
What ever happened to the group?
Scared the bejesus out of me!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
My take on it:
I think these energy or electro magnetic fields mess with the pineal gland somehow. The pineal gland (3rd eye) releases '___', a psychedelic substance responsible for making us dream. Many people who take '___' see the infamous grey aliens and describe what seems like an abduction experience. Furthermore while on '___' time seems to stop. A minute looks like a lifetime but when the journey ends most people don't remember a single thing or forget everything minutes later.
Now, two of my uncles had some hallucinogenic experiences because of depressions. One was missing for 2 weeks. I'll tell you, it's scary, in his mind my father had died and my mother was talking to him by telepathy for the entire 2 weeks. Imagine his face when he saw my father alive in front of him and my mother telling him she doesn't even believe in telepathy crap. lol he couldn't believe it. he was so sure. The other one talked to an UFO who said to meet him in Azores islands.
Needless to say there was no UFO there... and both my uncles are over 40 and don't even believe in these things.
All these experiences are related to '___' and brain malfunctioning.

So, my take on "the mystery mountain" is that there is some kind of earth electromagnetic field that totally disrupts our brain neurotransmitters (remember, our brain is electrical). Probably some explorers trip so bad that they slip and die inside the caves. Others just leave and go wondering about God knows where until the brain short circuits again and they return to normal. They wont remember the lost time because that is the primary side effect of a heavy '___' experience.

I truly find this normal because I also had my share of Psychedelic Trance parties and I'm used to being around trippy hippies. I believe I saw everything already =)

Anyway, research a bit the pineal gland and '___'.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Very interesting, Skyfloating. Sorry, I don't want to hijack your thread, but since I'm speaking fluent German, I've been looking for the old myths around the Untersberg after seeing your thread and translated the Kaiser Karl (Emperor Karl) story just for fun.

There are several tales about the emperor from www.untersberg.org, both written down in the early 20th century:

1. Emperor Karl is allegedly inside the mountain and will sleep until his beard has grown three times around the table. Two times, this has already occurred; when it happens the third time, the emperor will awaken from his sleep and Judgment Day comes. 1. Im inneren des Berges soll sich Kaiser Karl V. befinden und so lange schlafen bis sein Bart 3 x um den Tisch gewachsen ist. Zweimal ist das schon geschehen, erfolgt es das dritte Mal, dann erwacht der Kaiser aus seinem Schlafe und der Jüngste Tag bricht an.

2. When 24 ravens fly 3 times around the mountain, the emperor will also awaken, but then he must stay inside the mountain until the famous dwarf stone has been found, with whose help all dwarves living inside the Untersberg will be turned into humans. Thereupon the emperor will come alive again.

3. If someone managed to steal the Golden Scepter the emperor holds in his hand and strike it against the Untersberg 3 times, the emperor would also be released. He would then come out of the Untersberg with his army and begin the overall world war, whereupon Judgment Day arrives.

4. At every birthday anniversary of the emperor, there's a celebratory procession of the dwarves on the Untersberg. Woe to those who are on the mountain at that time; they would be beyond saving since the dwarves love to be alone.

Another story:

The old emperor in the Untersberg

There are many caves in the Untersberg. Whoever finds the right one, can walk deep into the mountain through that cave. And if he's lucky, he can see the old emperor there, sitting at the table with his men, eating and drinking and waiting until his time comes to return, when he moves out leading the good to destroy the evil. But this person must not make a sound, otherwise he has to stay in the mountain with the emperor and wait, wait, wait. But if he makes it out of the Unterberg, his hair will immediately have turned grey. It has been seen in many people before.
(Kaitlwirt, 1927)

Quite interesting -- there are many more stories, as Skyfloating already said.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Great thread!!

This reminds me of a similar legend on Mt Shasta in Northern California about the Lemurians, here is a snippet of the story:

Mount Shasta is a very special place to say the least; it represents much more than just a mere mountain. Mount Shasta can be considered as one of the most sacred places on this planet. The mountain is a mystic power source for this planet; actually, this sacred mountain is an incarnation of the Great Central Sun of this universe. It is a focus for angels, spirit-guides, spaceships, masters from the Light Realm, and the home of the survivors of Ancient Lemuria, which sank under the waves of the Pacific Ocean a little over 12,000 years ago. For those gifted with clairvoyant abilities, Mount Shasta is embraced in a gigantic, etheric purple pyramid whose capstone reaches far beyond this planet into space, and connects us intergalactically to the Confederation of Planets for this sector of the Milky Way Galaxy. This awesome pyramid is also created as an inverted version of itself, reaching far down to the very core of the Earth. You can call Mount Shasta the entry point of the Light-Grids of this planet, where most of the energy comes first from the galactic and universal core before it is disseminated to other mountains and into the grids. Most mountaintops, especially tall mountains, are Beacons of Light, feeding the light-grids of this planet.

Strange lights and sounds are often seen or heard on the mountain. Lenticular clouds, shadows and outstanding sunsets add to the mystical aura of the mountain. Several tunnels stretch far into the interior of this majestic mountain. Mount Shasta is also the home of the present-day Lemurians, survivors of the sinking of the continent of Lemuria over 12,000 years ago. Yes, our Lemurian brothers and sisters are real; they are well and physically alive, living in the subterranean city of "Telos" underneath sacred Mount Shasta.

More at this source

I Remember hearing about it on Coast to coast and about an expediation that went there and found something JC brown was his name. This was a very interesting C2C and this fits directly into this thread. Listen to the link above.

-Kdial1

Here:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aislin
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thank you for posting, Skyfloating.

There is a book, Among the Gnomes: An Occult Tale of Adventures in the Untersberg written by Frantz Hartmann that talks about the gnomes and "others" that inhabit the mountain. Pretty interesting subject!

I look forward to more of your posts.
And I think you can read the book in its entirety for free right here:

Among the Gnomes By Franz Hartmann

Mod Edit: Link format - Jak

[edit on 26/8/08 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

well is see skepicals point because it is a interesting find but if one person agrees then another but since theres so many things about the mountain there probably is somthing cool down there

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I don't have anything special to add, just that I'm intrigued about the legends... And I want to star and flag this!

Kudos to you Skyfloating!

Edited because I called Skyfloating - Internos, hehe sorry. That's what I get for trying to multitask.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Flux8]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

well what happened????

it cant be left just at that!!!!!

argggg!!! i need to know !!!!

gunna read more into this mountain as ive never heard of it before now i like this story

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hey everyone, I just found this REALLY COOL webcam to Untersberg. It's fully controllable. Just thought you'd like to check it out. Maybe we'll see a gnome, or fairy.
Have fun guys!

www.gasthofschorn.at...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

I read this story awhile ago, it's an amazing read, but.... it's not true. I want to say it was altered from a previously published piece of fiction. Whatever it was, I remember knowing that it was 100% false and being disappointed, but either way it's worth reading. I'll look it up tomorrow because it's pretty late right now. Sorry to burst the bubble.

Still, if you haven't read it, do so, it's worth it.

EDIT: ATS thread on Ted the Caver
[edit on 25-8-2008 by Parabol]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
i would never have known anything about this unless by your words, so i thank you. i am in wonderment and awe, so i look forward to your findings amidst your diligent task in translation.

i do not know why people think they have all the answers when there are subjects like this blaring in their faces. we are only now capable of beginning to understand the true nature of this life, world, and universe.

skyfloating, you are a true asset to this community in your objective theories, postulations, and presentations, so in case you are ever feeling less than what some may consider useful or prudent, i must say i support your thoughts and beliefs that readily take on a universal and humanly uplifting sentiment.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

This story was great. But what happened to him? It just ends! The suspense!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
reply to post by Demandred

I read this story awhile ago, it's an amazing read, but.... it's not true. I want to say it was altered from a previously published piece of fiction. Whatever it was, I remember knowing that it was 100% false and being disappointed, but either way it's worth reading. I'll look it up tomorrow because it's pretty late right now. Sorry to burst the bubble.

awwwww

i suspected as much but real or not it made a damn good story i just wish they hadnt ended it the way it was done, it had me on the edge of my seat.

wasnt there another mountain .. maybe russia (possibly urials ) where campers dissapear i think they have mysteriously found people dead there too and no real understanding as to how or why they died?

sorry OP alittle off topic, i just find it alittle coincedental about these things happening on mountains could this all be significant ?

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Demandred]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hi everyone, the Ted the caver story is a blatant rip off from a work of fiction called THE TERROR IN HUPMAN'S CAVE a short story by Thomas Lera, a fantastic tale but definately not true, sorry. However this post Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain is truly fascinating, can't wait to read more!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Great topic!

Stared and flagged

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Really nice story! Looking forward the other part, and the third, and...

Since it is a big mountain, it would be interesting and see more about the geology in the area. I've seen a few documentarys about how the magnetic field can screw peoples minds up, well at least they think so, and some proof are already found. I think i have to get some googling going

Subscribed, flaged etc! This made my day.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Never heard of it before, I will enjoy reading about it.

Nice Find!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
more...

more...

more...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Wow, very cool post.

However this is a full-blown mountain we're talking about here and, to comment on the missing people, it's very easy for people to get lost on mountains. It's a very common occurrence all over the world.What makes the disapearences there so special?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join