It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed. This almost leaves me no choice than to round up some friends and make the 500 mile drive from where I live.

Can't wait to do some snooping around there!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I´d like to thank everyone for their words of encouragement and helpful links.

More to come.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by saturnus1962
Some general info:

Untersberg FAQ - frequently asked questions

Where does the name Untersberg derive from? The oldest written document of the name Untersberg can be found in the records by archbishop Kondrad IV of Salzburg from June 28th, 1306 and is written as Vndarnsperch. The meaning of the name can be derived from "untern", which was the saying for an afternoon snack in this area. When the sun was above the mountain - viewed from the City of Salzburg - it was time for a rest and for a snack. Concerning an older opinion it is the "Berg der Unteren" - the mountain of the people carried away.

I dont think so.

"Unten" and "Untern" and "Unteren" mean "Below", "Beneath" and "Subterranean". So "Berg der Unteren" translates as "Mountain of the Subterraneans".

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I dont think so.

"Unten" and "Untern" and "Unteren" mean "Below", "Beneath" and "Subterranean". So "Berg der Unteren" translates as "Mountain of the Subterraneans".

I´m with you on this one. "Berg der Unteren" clearly means "mountain of the ones below". I dont´know how they can possibly translate this as "mountain of the people carried away".

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Star and Flag from me without a doubt.

This is an amazing Post thank you SkyFloating.

This mystery is intriguing on many Different Levels and I want to thank the Op much, but also Ive got a new "obsession" now!

Wow plain Wow Spiritually, Mystery/UFO wise, Historically.

This one is the real deal guys, there is something up here, and all I will say on making such a bold statement is that I cant source that statement but promise you its so.

If anyone has seen my posts/threads I am a bit skeptical and don't make outlandish claims without sources. This one time I cant source it, trust me there is something to this, and this Mountain is important both in the ways shown by the OP and also on a non material spiritual level.

I "know" this for certain.

Wow just wow is all I can say!

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

This one is the real deal guys, there is something up here, and all I will say on making such a bold statement is that I cant source that statement but promise you its so.

If anyone has seen my posts/threads I am a bit skeptical and don't make outlandish claims without sources. This one time I cant source it, trust me there is something to this, and this Mountain is important both in the ways shown by the OP and also on a non material spiritual level.

I "know" this for certain.

Wow just wow is all I can say!

Kind Regards,

Elf.

How did you come to this conclusion? Have you been up there? Have you felt something special there?

I´m curious, because I think I´ll go there anytime soon. It´s only a one hour drive from where I live.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This is another thread that I think may give an excellent TinWiki article, after the gathering all the information available.

Great thread, even if it's not directly related to Aliens & UFOs.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cm23

MMmmmm.

cm23 thank you, I have to just say at the moment that "I Know" take from that what you will, I am not privy to any information in "print" or "readable" than has not been posted.

I will u2u you soon with an explanation though now is not the time, and certainly not the place to put that information.

Certainly "feel" is the right description though much deeper than that cm23.

On this topic I am very interested in something here.

When posters look at the mountain the Pics posted by SkyFloating, if you would like, I would appreciate it very much, if people would post what "color" they would ascribe this place.

Not what you see literally, quickly without "thinking" about it, does the mountain "feel" or what color you "see" in you minds eye, or descriptively when asked now quickly...

"what color is this area?"

Please do not though try and experience the mood of the place, no emotions, simply the "real color" of the mountain.

This would be most interesting and I hope to ellucidate on this further here in the days to come.

Much appreciated, and please bear with me.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
this is a very interesting story. i live in the regensburg area, so maybe when i get a few days with nothing to do ill go down to untersberg... i have a nikon EOS camera, and i have a couple friends that might wanna come with, if i find anything out ill let ya know.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
continued from opening post and posts on page 4 and 6

Before I continue with reports of time-travel and dwarfs...

4. Personal Experiences Pt 1: Koenigssee

My profession (conducter of workshops for companies) led me to hold a 10 day workshop at the location of "Koenigssee", the lake which is about 15 miles south of the mountain. I booked myself in for an extended stay of 18 days. This was the first time I was there but I returned there privately a few years later.

One of those days, I took a guided tour of the whole WWII set-up since the place had been one of the main bastions of Hitlers Empire. Residing on top of mountains did make strategic sense as incoming troops and planes could more easily be spotted. The tour-guide showed us various nazi-bases and buildings, all quite grandiose and megalomaniac in architecture.

It is from the tour-guide that I learned that the entire area was full of bunkers and tunnelsystems, leading through mountains, under lakes, under towns, etc.

This is common knowledge among scholars and locals. What is less common knowledge is that, besides building new tunnels, Hitler made use of ALREADY EXISTING Tunnels in the area. At least according to my tour-guide and some locals I questioned. According to a few mystery-minded locals, tunnels were known to be here since hundreds of years.

As far as I can tell its not possible to reach the chapel/church St. Bartholomae (talked about and shown in a previous post, alleged location of an undeground tunnel to the untersberg) by foot...unless you´re a mountain-climber. You have to take a boat or ferry there.

I did take a ferry there twice, on both visits. The ride takes about half an hour and on the way there the make a stop at a certian part of the lake they call the "Echo Rock". One of the ferry-guides takes out a trumpet, blows it, and the sound reverberates and echoes in the most awesome way in that you hear the echo about 10 seconds after the initial blow. Nothing mystical about this of course. But the guides then go on to tell legends and tales of the area in an attempt to entertain the guests.

What I learned when arriving at the chapel is that the area contains some of the strongest magnetic anomalies found on the continent. And indeed, in walking around there (specifically: a 500 foot walk from the chapel) I experienced a dizziness and nausea like never before in nature. Leaving the area, the dizziness faded away. Returning back to it, the dizziness returned. Anyone who wants to can try it out themselves. The tour-guides and locals know exactly where that spot of land is.

Upon my second visit to the chapel I decided not to return to the ferry with the rest of the tourists but to stay in the area and walk around it. I walked to the end of one side of it, thinking I might be able to walk back to the place I started off at with the ferry, but couldnt, for two reasons: First of all, the path ended and was replaced by a rough mountain cliff. Second of all, to my left side, there was barbed wire and a sign of the german military reading "No Trespassing". Just why there was a barbed wire in military-caution on this otherwise lovely half-isle is still a mystery to me. If you ever go there yourself, walk all the way down to the end of the half-island and see for yourself.

The Area on Google Earth:

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cm23 & sandman 692

Hey Guys,
You are both very close to the Area, is there any local mythology, legends, myths, or recent activety of a paranormal type not posted already?

Also please do something else if you are able, please.

If you are native from the area or your friends or partners have family from here, ask what the area was like economically, spiritually, the culture before the second world war. Any surviving members who remember the area from that time.

Now after the end of the second world war and specifically after the time Hitler spent a lot of time here,

Did the area suffer any unusual tragedies, especially with children/schools hospitals, was crime higher here than surrounding areas?

Any strange events in the local churches cathedrals? especially natural disasters? lightening.

Any mass murderers around that time, anything abnormal about UFO sightings?

Has a very large Mental Asylum/Hospital been built close by (by Hitler?/third reich?) or any Large military bases very close by?

The central europe/russian foothills have there own Bigfoot or wild man, do you know if there were many, or any sightings in this area too?

I know its a lot, if you can only say what the "mood" was like regarding the immediate area before and after the second world war, would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Patience.
I´ll post more paranormal tales surrounding the place soon. There´s just so much material I dont know where to start.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
even if it's not directly related to Aliens & UFOs.

It is, a little bit. The "dwarfs" from the mountain look just like the greys of ufology. And they also cause "missing time".

There´s a theory that what we today call "greys" were called other things in mideaval times. The theory says that theyve "been with us since a very long time", appearing in different guises.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Add to that the idea of the Nazi bell (flying disc). It seems more than just a bit coincidental that this story and that technology would come from the same region, led by a ruler obsessed with the occult.

edit to add a bizarre but fascinating link that connects UFO technology with the occult:

www.zamandayolculuk.com...

[edit on 25/8/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

In August 1987, I was going to go on an exploration of the "hollows" of Untersberg mountain.
Instead, I allowed myself to be lured to Venice (the name of my kindly faced Nemesis).
I still regret it.

Is this in any way relevant to the story?
No, not at all.
Is it somewhat irritating to read?
I am sure it is.
But it feels good to write it out, once and for all.

What may be relevant to the story is the fact that there are lots of "hollow" mountains in Central Europe.
Some of the "passages" supposedly date from the time of the Turkish invasions (15th-17th century), although some claim that they are much older and were simply used - not made - for the purpose (hiding from the Ottoman hordes) at the time.

The sad, almost frightening thing is that in most such places not even the local inhabitants currently know much about them, except for the odd - and very old - "village idiot" here and there.

Anyway, well done, Skyfloating.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

reply to post by MischeviousElf

Patience.
I´ll post more paranormal tales surrounding the place soon. There´s just so much material I dont know where to start.

I don't think I've ever anticipated a post as much as your Skyfloating! That's why I flagged it, it's new and there seems to be endless information about the place It seems to have everything too - Greys, magnetic anomalies, missing people, no time passing and time missing, end times I heard you mention in a post (maybe 2012), etc.

Applause (If I was a moderator or adm.)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
really enjoyed this read, thank you. I like to know a bit about hitler, he seems to be very interested in the acient world and magic. I think after people discrimnated him aganist his art form he totally wanted to look in to mystical t hings and get connections to maintain a higher degree of knowelege which could one day help man kind.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
even if it's not directly related to Aliens & UFOs.

It is, a little bit. The "dwarfs" from the mountain look just like the greys of ufology. And they also cause "missing time".

There´s a theory that what we today call "greys" were called other things in mideaval times. The theory says that theyve "been with us since a very long time", appearing in different guises.

I've meticulously gone through and starred each of your posts on this subject. I think you've started a new obsession for me. I was planning on going to Amsterdam this year to treat myself to a birthday trip... but I may have to change my destination now. Is it actually possible to get tours THROUGH the tunnels/mountain? or are those areas the ones blocked off by the German military? I would love to be able to venture into those mountains/caves/tunnels!!

Such a quality thread here. I'm 1000% interested.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by jephers0n]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Good thread. An enjoyable read and interesting subject.

Starred and Flagged.

I do however, have a thought tumbling around. Looking at the housing and villages / towns near by on google earth, there sure seems to be a fairly large population living on and around the mountain. If so many of these things - things of extreme importance should they be true, have happened in such detail as the story's above have been described. Then why is it that all of these people in the surrounding villages do not / haven't experienced all of these strange things occurring around them? I'd have thought this news would be everywhere and have been proven given Hitler studying it, and I would have to imagine large amounts of expeditions ect to the mountain.

Why isn't everyone transported to miles away locations around the globe? And why, given the seemly huge amount of information bolstering this theory / myth be provable and explainable.

I'm not bashing this at all, as said above it's an excellent thread and really enjoyable, however I wish to have these thoughts removed by someone with more knowledge perhaps able to explain to me why these thoughts are wrong.

Cheers.

Edit: Typo's

[edit on 25-8-2008 by GodForbid]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathpoet69
really enjoyed this read, thank you. I like to know a bit about hitler, he seems to be very interested in the acient world and magic. I think after people discrimnated him aganist his art form he totally wanted to look in to mystical t hings and get connections to maintain a higher degree of knowelege which could one day help man kind.

Somewhat OT - my apologies.

The Nazis' involvement in all things "mystical" is certainly an interesting topic - although I doubt that your conception of the "benefit for humankind" is identical to what they, including Hitler, had in mind...
(I know my concept certainly isn't.)

If you can read Spanish, there are a few interesting texts online explaining it from THEIR perspective.

Also, you might want to read about the mysterious case of the Ghent altarpiece (specifically the missing panel depicting the Iusti Iudices).
I started a thread about it a while ago, but it went nowhere...

(You can find it in my profile.)

EDIT: Here it is - The Mystery of the "Righteous Judges"

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Vanitas]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join