It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone name one thing an American can look up to and be proud?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Can someone name one thing an American can look up to and be proud?

The right to ask that question on a public forum without fear or reprisal.

[edit on 26/8/08 by Myrdyn]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think America should be proed that it sends more foreign aid out than all other countries combined.... and we send it to nations whose people hate us.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I can't really read all of this thread but I do know of one thing
so I'm sorry if this has been posted before.

Blues Music

Blues started right here in America in the South.

There. Now go play some SRV or Eric Clapton.

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
I think America should be proed that it sends more foreign aid out than all other countries combined.... and we send it to nations whose people hate us.

I don't wish to 'nit-pick'.. but just to put the record straight check this out.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenderGod
I can't really read all of this thread but I do know of one thing
so I'm sorry if this has been posted before.

Blues Music

Blues started right here in America in the South.

There. Now go play some SRV or Eric Clapton.

Enjoy!

I think you'll find it was brought over from Africa by slave workers.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The greatest thing the USA did for the world was bring the concept of Individual Liberty to the forefront of geopolitics. Up to the time when the nation was founded all the countries of the world were empires ruled by Kings, Emperors, or other form of Theocracy. There was no concept of individual freedom as every "citizen" of one of those countries was considered "chattle" and owned by the Sovereign, i.e. the King or Emperor.

The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution and Bill of Rights are the greatest documents ever written by MAN and We the People are the ones who gave it to the world.

That's why the USA is great

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
We also improved music by giving the world Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, NIN and Megadeth.

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
sorry, i did not bother to see if this has been said. believe me, i am no fan of this administration in any way shape or form and i do fear things may only get worse, but......

one thing that i can point to about America and be proud of?

the fact that you can publicly ask that question and freely discuss it in an open forum.

edit: seems i am just agreeing with a wizard at the top of the page. sorry for repeating it. but i definitely think you got it right, starred.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Azrael75]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ohhh, and I almost forgot we also gave the world the Colt .45, the Browning machine guns, the M-16, nuclear weapons, stealth aircraft, nuclear energy, personal computers, millions of jobs overseas, funding for every damn non-deserving 3rd world nation on the planet - feeding them while our own poor starve, and a host of other good samaritan support that people seem to forget all the friggen time!!!

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
How about the fact that the descendants of those that were brought here as slaves; who's great-grandparents, grandparents, and enen their parents were horribly discriminated against; live a much better life thgan their distant relatives in Africa do.

They they have better housing, better educations, longer life spans, and who's children will even be better off. That had some distant ancestros NOT been sold into slavery, would be so much worse off that it is hardly co mparable.

Also, that we have the oldest written constitution in the world, and that it is still intact. (Contrary to what so many of you conspiracy nuts believe.)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
4-H
FFA
Boy Scouts ( I know, came form England but we ran with it)

Girl Scouts
Cowboys
Cowgirls

And above all else,

United State Marine Corp
What number does the President call when the USA is in need, 0311!

Roper

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I am proud of what America once stood for, what it was founded upon. I am not proud of the America of today.
I am extremely angry that thousands of people were murdered in 9/11 and the real guilty parties are getting away with it.

I am extremely angry that there is not a national outcry about 9/11. Demand a full unbiased scientific investigation, not commissioned and hand selected by the President. The enemy is not Al Qaeda, nor Bin Laden, it is people in the government and the ones behind the government that really are the rulers of America and the other countries of the world.

I am extremely angry that our government who is supposed to be our voice, serving us, the people of this once great Republic, are taking away our rights under the Constitution, right under our noses and right in front of our eyes, and there is not a national outcry about it. We, as a people of this once great Country are nothing more than puppets in a grand conspiracy and do nothing about it. We have to band together as one people to stop all of this madness, this lie of the War On Terror, based on lies of 9/11. There is more than sufficient evidence, discrepancies and outright hiding of the truth regarding 9/11.

The New World Order is a very bad thing. We Americans were sold out to it and the world banks in 1913. Our economy is about to collapse, we should not have to pay taxes to the illegal entity known as the IRS, it is against the constitution.

We work, we come home, we eat, we watch our favorite TV shows (which are getting dumber and dumber and more violent with each new show and season) and we think we have freedom of speech, we can do what we want.

Perhaps, a little bit this is true but believe me it is coming to an end very soon.

Neither Obama nor McCain are the answer because they are still controlled by the world banks. We are headed for fascism, we are in fascism, we live in the Matrix and we either do not realize it or just don't care enough to stand and be counted. Get away from the TV's and the Main Stream Media, who are also owned and controlled by the world banks.

During this election year what are the main concerns? The economy? The war in Iraq? The cost of gasoline? The many, many once middle-class who are now homeless, on the streets, without jobs, without food? The thousands of American troops fighting and dying for oil? The tens of thousands of American troops injured in the this awful war that are not getting the financial, spiritual and medical support they deserve from their Government? The fact that the government can almost do what they want with you with FISA, the Patriot Act, Homeland Security and the many other acts and Presidential Orders recently? When will we stop this madness? Wake up people!!

We do not have to let "Them" take our lives, our freedoms away. Stand up and be counted, be united for your freedom, your children's and your grandchildren's freedom. Do not let "Them" put RFID chips in you, your ID card, your Federal Reserve Notes! Fight for your freedoms or they will all be taken away.

Make Congress abolish the Federal Reserve (The US government need to issue it's own currency again, like the greenbacks of Lincoln's day), the IRS, Homeland Security, FISA, NAFTA and the new North American Union.

Stand and fight or sit and watch TV and be the slaves forever.

There is Creation, who gave us all free will. Creation is not coming to save us from the mess we got ourselves in. We have to decide to save ourselves. We do not have to have a self-fulfilling prophecy of Armageddon.

Truly, truly I say to you, know the Truth, because the Truth shall set you free.

Then and only then, after we do all of these things and the Republic of America is restored and we are free will I be proud of America again!

I hope this post does not get removed or blocked. If so, I will just post it again.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by theyareoutthere]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
YES! Abolish the Federal Reserve, Kick the Bankers in the face, Demolish their little Family Legacy and put their families in the gallows for crimes against humanity! They want to make the average persons into hard working slaves, that spend their hard earned money on pointless materials that were brainwashed into your head through advertisement. While their families stay powerful and rich while the middle class feeds and invests their decietful corporations, indirectly ruining the very foundations this Nation was created on. We don't need 90% of the # we own in our houses. Everyone is out to get a quick dollar from the gullible people. A perfect example is Billy Mays: selling bullcrap products that been around forever, making them seem like they are new and you can't live without them. Nobody can stop this train to an inevitable collapse of society.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Football, especially the Steelers.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Good stuff: The Declaration, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, Apple computers, frisbees, Superman, the Moon landings, rock music, Babylon 5, Star Trek, the Doors, Pepsi, PBS, TV.

Bad stuff: Vietnam, Iraq v2, televangelists, Windows, country music, Lost in Space, Britney Spears, Coca Cola, talk radio, TV.

I was going to list reality shows in section 2, but I don't know for sure if that one's our fault.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by theyareoutthere
Make Congress abolish the Federal Reserve (The US government need to issue it's own currency again, like the greenbacks of Lincoln's day), the IRS, Homeland Security, FISA, NAFTA and the new North American Union.

Yep, the Fed Res was totally against the Constitutionally-delegated Power of Congress to "To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof..." However, we need not go as far back as Lincoln's time...There's still Executive Order 11110 by JFK, which has never been repealed! If any President ever decides to "faithfully execute the laws" again (as per the Presidential Oath of Office), that would squeeze out the illegal Fed Res & get the economy back on track.

So Executive Order 11110 was something for the US Citizens to look up to...Now if we could just get it going again...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
In a lot of other countries this forum would not be allowed to exist.

Which ones?

No, seriously. You might not get away with this site in Burma and North Korea, but I'm not sure where else. We've got a fair number of occasional posters from China, and I know there's far more provocative sites online in Russia.

Where in the world can you see this site not being able to exist?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
- Naked Women
- Firearms
- Drugs and alcohol
- Legal theft (Business)
- The ability to travel freely anf spread our values and ideals worldwide

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
How is Apple Pie something to be proud of as an American? You guys are really grasping at straws here aren't you.

And also being proud of weapons or wars is stupid as hell and epitomises the American way of life.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

The one thing that America can be proud of is the Constitution, which has done more to advance Liberty and Equality than any other such document since the Torah.

Yes, the Torah was the first Declaration of Universal Human Rights and Responsibilities and is the basis for both the Christian and Muslim systems, although both of these groups distorted and deleted important parts of it in their effort to wipe out the memory of the source.

Also, the Declaration of Independence is a remarkable statement that influenced the people who instigated the French Revolution, which ought to be seen as part of the same global movement against the tyranny of the Church and the Kings of Europe that had held humanity in bondage since the year 325 c.e.

Go Forth And Funk!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join