It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone name one thing an American can look up to and be proud?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Actually Hispanics are going back, because we have made it harder for illegals to slip through the system.
Africa is riddled with AIDS, Malaria, Ebola.
India has been struck with some mystery virus and is in dire need of Dr's.
See thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
Also,there are parts of Asia where entire villages have cancer.
The only unhealthy Americans are the ones that don't take care of themselves, except of course those stricken with some genetic disorder.
I have talked to "foreigners", like my neighbor that are proud to American now and would never go back.

All of the anti-Americans out there can give up this argument, We proud Americans will never change our minds. I thank God every day for letting me be born here in the USA. One of the greatest places on earth.
God Bless America!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
Hell yeah, I'd be proud as hell to be 6' 4". I wish I was!

What are your regulations before you can feel good about some aspect of your self?

Who "gave" you your limitations?

Why did you accept them?

Do you feel confined, compelled, imprisoned in your own body?

What power did they have over you that you accepted it?

I'll clear up what I meant instead of answer your ignorant and irrelevant questions.
"Take pride in what you do, rather than being proud of what you have accomplished." Kind of comes to mind, but then again you didn't do anything, some people a long time ago that lived in the same continent as you. Being proud to be American isn't something you be proud of, you where born here, you didn't work to do that it just happened. I'm really really tired so I'm unable to come up with a witty and sarcastic example, so I'll use this: "*rolls a die and gets 3* I'm proud that I got a three." It happened by chance, but lets say you graduated at the top of your class or something you WORKED for... Congrats! You must have worked very hard and studied a lot.
My height statement was meant a a somewhat similar example, I didn't have to work to be tall, I just am, its my genes... Yea..probably not even saying anything anymore, Goodnight!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
"Can someone name one thing an American can look up to and be proud?"

I believe the greatest thing about the U.S.A. is the.....

People who live in this country! Even with all of our faults...I have come to love the people, the atmosphere, the character & indiviuality of the majority of americans...no matter your race, gender, or religous beliefs...we all live in this country to be free...you wouldn't understand unless you lived here...

The belief of equality and freedom is set in every americans heart...but were also stubborn!!! That's why Americans never give up!!! Even if our government is "trying" to control us...in the end it will never happen!!!

I can say I'm proud to be an american...not because of our government or it's policies...but for what being an american stands for...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UnderTheirRadar

I could not and did not say it this well. Star for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

Magna Carter (1215), Roman Republic (510BC), to name a few. read up about the Saxons from Northen Germany.

Democracy - It is derived from the Greek δημοκρατία ([dimokratia] which means, "popular government".

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The first thought that came to my mind was a mirror. Most real people come to the same realizations, we are all in this together regardless of race, creed, color, national origin. Everyone has to be taken care of, to have their needs met, physically, mentally and emotionally. We all have to have a fair chance, no one should ever be excluded because they are not liked. Wrong is the same for everybody, no exceptions. I see the true strength of America, the men and women who have served their nation in war and peace that no enemy foreign or domestic, including iconoclastic politicians, will ever succeed in enslaving. Bad ruler's and their legislations are always erased.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HarlequinChevalier

Actually I have done a few "things".

But I recall feeling pride in what my parents had done, and in what strangers had done before my grandparents arrived here, to pave the way for me to be an American.

My questions were not irrelevant at all. You cannot feel pride in anything beyond personal effort and achievment. I wonder if a plow horse feels that way. I had hoped you might have an epipheny. But that seems unlikely now. I was certainly not mocking you. I was challenging you.

It is a truth that sometimes when someone asks the question they are ready to hear the answer. At those times it is appropriate to provide honest feedback

I do hope you will reconsider the questions.

I recall someone once teaching me that you cannot drag someone kicking and screaming into enlightenment. And it is wrong to try. I do not wish to try and force you into agreement.

I do think that most people are capable of pride and shame in the actions of groups which they are members of whether voluntarily or involuntarily a member.

I do think you are exceptional in not sharing that experience.

Good luck with that!

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
All Americans can be proud of the fact that we are the Kings of Propaganda!

But personally, I'm proud that we were the first to build an A-Bomb, and the first to use it too!

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Hot_Wings]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hot_Wings

I really hope you are being sarcastic, If so, I agree whole heartedly!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I just thought since everyone is so bent on saying that we have nothing to be proud of, I would like to point out and I am very proud of the fact that dog fighting did not start here. The Europeans brought it here in the 1800's. Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

Yeah i'm being sarcastic, i couldn't help it, he he. There are too many real things that I am proud of in this country to list.

The real thing that bugs me is why anyone would think that there isn't anything to be proud of in being an American. I mean come on folks, most of you are Americans too right. how about being proud of the fact that a Muslim won’t have the legal right to chop your head off just for voicing that your not that proud of your country!

This entire post is very hypocritical and backwards. That’s why I tried to find the humor in it.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I am proud of our ASPCA. These folks need a much needed pat on the back.

Saw a program on Animal Planet about 400,000 acres of land in Arizona that was on fire and a group of firemen were trying to save a little deer, holding it in their arms because it's hooves were burned so bad it could no longer stand and giving it water to drink out of their helmet until a animal rescue volenteers arrived to take it to safety.

I'm proud of many of the courgeous men and women that put their lives on the line everyday to mantain our laws, order and safety.

I'm not proud of our corrupt government and the fact that the majority of American's just don't realize the extent to which they are being manipulated.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Don't forget blue jeans!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
brits invented a lot of stuff, we just perfected it, like internet. oh yeah don't forget about the Atomic and Hydrogen bombs, :]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
um, baseball?

www.news.com.au...

cross it off your lists.

not american

Crakeur is, however, born and bred. Made In The U.S.A. stamped somewhere on my body. for that we should all be proud, even you pesky foreigners.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Chicken Wings
Blue Cheese Sauce
White Castle
Hot Dogs
Six Flags
My Brand Spankin New 360 n PS3 For Free

These are things 2 be proud of .... Everyone has the rite 2 deny things and i dont blame you. That is why we have the freedom to think ... maybe one day they might take it away from u
... lmao ... but for now if ur not satisfied wid ur Current presence in America, you should move 2 Kuwait n Be happier

InFaMuZ_J0k3R

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join