It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone name one thing an American can look up to and be proud?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I mean, every thing we have done as a nation seems to turn out to be more sinister that as reported.. you name it... Operation Galdio, JFK, USS Liberty, 911, WWII, Ok City, Ruby Ridge, Waco, WTC'93, IRAQ, Afghanistan, Gulf War, Vietnam, war on drugs, NASA etc. etc...
I guess Life Is A Conspiracy, after all we are all here but none of us can tell another why, we just are.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by BornPatriot]

[edit on 23-8-2008 by BornPatriot]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I can Be Proud that Nastia Liukin won the Gold Medal in the Individual All-Around Competition.

And i'm in the region because my people have been here for decades it just so happens that it's call America Now!

And there are alot of Scientific inventions that Americans can be proud of and look up to!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Yes. A woman almost made it to presidency and a black man is on his way.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
America's role in World War 1
America's role in World War 2

John F. Kennedy

Theodore Roosevelt

Abraham Lincoln

George Washington

Freedom of Speech
Freedom of Religion
Freedom of Press

The Fourth of July

You might argue that none of the above exist - but that would be taking a strawman approach to it.

If you don't think the U.S. has freedom of speech, religion, or press, try going to China and posting Christian, anti-government rhetoric in the forbidden temple.

If you choose to take a pessimistic approach to things you can or cannot take pride in - then you will never be happy with any country you could possibly originate from.

Every country on this planet has some dirty rotting skeletons in their closet.

America isnt any different.

[edit on 8/23/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I am sitting here reading your post with an open mind.

Judging for myself this thread, and I am able to comment on it without fear.

Americans brought that.

Take from it what you will.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
I mean, every thing we have done as a nation seems to turn out to be more sinister that as reported.. you name it... Operation Galdio, JFK, USS Liberty, 911, WWII, Ok City, Ruby Ridge, Waco, WTC'93, IRAQ, Afghanistan, Gulf War, Vietnam, war on drugs, NASA etc. etc...

Your are assuming that some of those were conspiracies and others were not successful or only accomplished bad things. WWII was a overwhelming success where millions of lives were saved, preventing the extermination of countless jews. The Gulf War kept Kuwait from being taken over by Saddam. NASA went to the moon and produced scores of new technologies that have come to civilian life and made life better.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
no being an american id like to put atrocities and holocausts aside a moment and say you should be proud to have awoken.

internet
f-14
snapple
hotrods
space exploration

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
slurpee
coca cola
our national parks
declaration of Indebendence
Bill of Rights
US Constitution
peanut butter

what more do you want?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
well to be on this site without the unflattering comments about the government not being removed

even with all the screw-ups in our country it could be worse we could be under a totalitarian system without rights except to work and make them rich (although that is kind-of what we do isnt it).

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
After 30+ years and at this point in my life - I am 100% free in my life. Nothing (laws, economy, etc) is not hindering me from living a fullfilled happy life.

*shrug*

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'd have to say that the founding of the Constitutional Republic has to be up there too. It truly was "The Great Experiment" in that it was the first time in human history where a nation was founded on the principle that the People were sovereign over government & guaranteed Rights that not even the sovereigns could remove from themselves...

...And the fact that, even after all of the government's oppression, we can become that again, if enough people actually wake up & realize that the truth is still there & still obtainable.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think Midnight said that beautifully.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
A friend of mine that was a top black hat hacker that was forced to work for the government told me once that the people of the United States do not know that they are in an elaborately constructed and maintained prison because few of them are outside of the main stream and are far enough out in the fringes to see the bars of their prison.

That being said I am proud that we have managed to maintain as much freedom as we have. It is not easy because the people who seek power are made up of the lowest form of human life for the most part. Those few that are worth anything are a minority in government and I am afraid that we who are liberty's defense fighters are also only a minority. We can only effect as much change as we can with our limited numbers and resources.

[edit on 8/23/2008 by UFOTECH]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
the 1969 plymouth roadrunner,
classic rock, I know that you could argue that it is from britan, but dont.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

I am proudly an American. I would serve this country and die fighting for it. I am free. I may say whatever I want, I may go wherever I want, work where I want, educate myself how I want, raise my family how I want, the freedoms go on and on. My family history in America began when my great grandfather, a German shoe cobbler, brough his wife and dreams to this country. He became a beloved and successful businessman in the south, and the children he raised went on to serve this country and their familes with pride. I carry with me every day the pride I have dispite occasional disagreement with government desicions, that is a fact of life.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

our national parks
declaration of Indebendence
Bill of Rights
US Constitution

All though I am watching it slowing fade away it is still in my heart and I will fight for it untill the day I die.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
John Adams.
John Quincy Adams.
George Washington.
Samuel Adams.
Thomas Jefferson.
Benjamin Franklin.

Constitution.
Bill of Rights.
Homestead Act.
D-Day.
Iwo Jima.

Sears Tower.
World Trade Center.
Chrysler Building.
New York City.
New Orleans.
Washington DC.

Rock n Roll.
Golden Age of Hollywood.
Telegraphs.
Telephones.
Computers.
eBay.
Blue Jeans.
Cowboys.
Pioneers.
Ford.
GM.
Chrysler.
Apple Pie.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Oh, and Baseball , hotdogs and apple pie!

I am moved by the National Anthem, I cry whenever I hear it, no matter who is singing it. I get the same feeling at the Christmas Parade, River Days-town holidays, a Lynard Skynard concert, pretty much any public event that brings the town together, seeing so many people with one goal, to have a good time as a family or friends, just makes me happy.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
doctors without borders.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This is 3rd party as I'm Canadian but I've lived RIGHT on the border all but 4 years of my 4_, that's my business.

Americans get the "check and balances" that the fathers laid on you. The voters. It got highjacked in this decade. I may be wrong but this was the first time that the Executive, Legislative and the Judiciary were all of the same party. If not at the beginning it became so. Didn't work out so well.

This will change no matter who gets elected. The SC is conservative and the House is Dem. It's going to be nice getting back to that.

From here on, leave the voter alone. They aren't stupid and knows how the country works. DIEBOLD MUST DIE!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join