It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time that we stop debating the UFO subject and admit SOMETHING is going on?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

i could just like to clarify i was not talking about ATS (it was 6am when i wrote that so maybe wasnt to clear lol ) i was talking about the whole UFO investigation scene, yes ther are pokets well organised LIke ATS but very few and far between in my view.

As for are these things a threat well there a threat in the fact aht stuffs flying around in our skys and people are ignoring them and are a danger to aircraft and in that i mean passenger Aircraft

As for any other danger i think if there was we would of seen alot more than we have in regard to this and alot more "natural" phanomanon in the skys to explain it

I do agree a team needs to be build up to investigate of civillian personell. scientist and to remain transparrent the issueis funding and recruiting these people

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomadrush
reply to post by goukilock

Thanks and yes apart from one or two postings, most have taken the thread in the spirit in which it was originated. How CAN we take this forward?

One point that many have missed, is my comment about what if these "visitors" (if indeed thats what they are) are NOT friendly? After all, the likes of Pete Hellyar former Canadian government minister, and researcher Timothy Good, BOTH say that military planes have been shot down by "UFO's". Now IF there is any truth in this (and I'm not saying at this juncture that there is), shouldn't we be at least a little concerned?

When I say we need to move this research forward, what we need is a philanthropist backer to set up and fund a proper research organisation, well organised and financed so we can develop and purchase the necessary equipment, and have half a dozen GOOD researchers working on this full time! I for one volunteer!

Ross

innocent until proven guilty - I'm sure they had their reasons - self defense seems reasonable

I have to admit - like most people, I have an opinion about what's possibly going on that is colored by what I HOPE is going on

I of course have no idea what the reality of the situation is - I know a large percentage of believers think they're hostile - maybe they are

I can't actually say I'm completely convinced it is about aliens - maybe it is all "us"

does it really matter?

after my sighting - for myself - the existence of UFOs is not a debatable topic anymore - regardless of what they are or where they come from - I'm ready to move on

I know that in many ways that's just not reasonable

but, if you factor in the increase in just the number of sightings - and the way the sightings seem to be becoming more obvious - I think it's time to really start thinking about what this means for all of us

coming to some kind of agreement, as you ask at the beginning - can we just get to a point where we agree SOMETHING is going on?

there are people who think all this is nuts - that we are nuts, that I am nuts - I just can't care about that anymore

I know - here at ATS - it isn't hard to have an intelligent discussion about any of this - it's preaching to the choir. And there is obviously a lot of work being done by many individuals and groups to make this a public discussion - it is becoming more mainstream

how can individuals help that process along?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomadrush
reply to post by goukilock

One point that many have missed, is my comment about what if these "visitors" (if indeed thats what they are) are NOT friendly? After all, the likes of Pete Hellyar former Canadian government minister, and researcher Timothy Good, BOTH say that military planes have been shot down by "UFO's". Now IF there is any truth in this (and I'm not saying at this juncture that there is), shouldn't we be at least a little concerned?

When I say we need to move this research forward, what we need is a philanthropist backer to set up and fund a proper research organisation, well organised and financed so we can develop and purchase the necessary equipment, and have half a dozen GOOD researchers working on this full time! I for one volunteer!

Ross

If military planes indeed have been shot down by UFO's, we (humanity) will never know WHY. Simply bc we were not involved. Maybe the planes had no friendly intensions or yes maybe the UFO's didn't have friendly intentions.

It's too late to say: " We won't investigate bc what / who does fly the UFO's are hostile." IF UFO's are hostile why is humanity still alive?

We can be concerned and careful but when we are too concerned, fear will hold us back. We can be careful but being too careful will lead us nowhere.

Everyting in life is a risk. IF we choose for LIFE itself and knowledge for all the good reasons it's worth the risk IMHO.

A philanthropist with money? Is this an ad??
Hope the R. Branson kinda types will come and step in to fund the research.

I volunteer too!
Don't believe in money but in spreading the UFO word so to say

[edit on 8/24/2008 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hamlin

I wonder why my reply to your post was deleted as an "off topic post" yet yours was allowed to stay? Very strange.

As I said previously, funding should go to BOTH sides not just the debunkers, and not all strange phenomena investigators are as quoted by you!!

Ross

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadrush

Stanton Friedman wrote a book actually called Shoot Them Down, which was about shooting down ufo's apparently because we kept having planes either shot down , or never return

YES, we need to organize, but who to go to for backing the funds to do so?

someone with more money than us MUST be interested in the subject

And why can't anyone get funding to do a documentry on the stuff that happens in Mexico City daily?

that's a place to go to get some proof for your pudding

The U.K.s not slackin when it comes to mass sighting either

Perhaps a Team -up with Jaime Moussan in Mexico city ( with you being the u.k end)?

both countries have a lot of the same type of activity (the UK and Mexico almost have a monopoly on the crop circle events)

oh and there is another thread that popped up recently that reminds me of the Mexico city ufo fleets, but it happened in Russia

well, i'll check back in later

keep up the great discussion

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

And if things do finally get organized

SIGN ME UP!!!!

I'll even consider moving out the country if need be

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

A certain level of civility and decorum are required to participate in the ATS forums. Courtesy is expected from each and every member.

Please address the topic at hand, in this case UFOs, and cease from making personal attacks against fellow members.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Your governments are releasing this information and soon they're gonna pull one over on you, the sooner we realise this isn't ET and is in fact some sort of government BS the better off we'll be.

I don't know why they're doing it, but they're up to something and they all seem to be in on it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join