It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time that we stop debating the UFO subject and admit SOMETHING is going on?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Amitsumikaboshi

I would tend to agree, in essence, with your statistics.
It is very probable that a large number of sightings are military in nature (with military background I can all but attest to this but I can't confirm anything either). However, I see your point and I appreciate your response.

I disagree however. I feel like they are simply HOPING for us to meet them half way. I could be completely wrong, though, as it DOES seem that they are, at present, content on keeping people in the dark as to what is going on. Hopefully, Obama will be elected and he will completely restructure the organization. Doubtful, but hopefully.

I am and always will be a "glass half full" type until my house literally falls at my feet

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

ah now political entities are a completly differnt matter and perhaps another species of human

im from the UK i lost faith in who is elected a LONG time ago

and yes meeting them half way is asking a bit much of us now to be honest i think we have done all the running for way to many years now i think its time as you say they gave at least something away you know to release the pressure maybe better for them than they think

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I understand what you are getting at now. Thanks for the clarification.

How about this? Use their abilities against them. FORCE THEM TO TELL ALL. People here know their subliminal techniques. Use the same. You create a commercial that sublimanly compels viewers.

They can do it, why can't I?

You TELL PEOPLE THIS IS TRUE!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pro-genetic

Who would you be speaking to?
I only ask because that seems like a "waste of space." (your post)

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Eh, I understand what you say. I didn't mean to imply that Barrack Obama may be able to actually help in any way. In fact, I wouldn't bet on it if I were as wealthy as John McCain HAHA!. I was just trying to point out that it is still a possibility that new blood and new policy may change events, as low a possibility as it may be. I hate to say it, but I'm afraid that EVENTUALLY something drastic will have to happen. Hence, the hope that people may be able to speed this process along by forcing the governments' of the world's hands along a bit. hehe.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

I understand what you are getting at now. Thanks for the clarification.

How about this? Use their abilities against them. FORCE THEM TO TELL ALL. People here know their subliminal techniques. Use the same. You create a commercial that sublimanly compels viewers.

They can do it, why can't I?

You TELL PEOPLE THIS IS TRUE!

if you feel its possible give it a go for me i think we are to behind in the sphere of influence stakes to accomplish this at the moment although i feel the internet and its rappid growth threw them off balance for a period of time some very good stuff got out and they dont like it

although even that is being curtailed as we speak with new legislastion and regulation world wide but thats a whole different topic and not for the here

after al is said and done im happy to sift through the mountains of data already available of which 99.9% i havent even touched yet
and there doesnt seem to a shortage of new stuff appearing the whole Navey space programme is my main port of call atm sid NASA the real moneys in the Military application

and as to your post above about new blood i understand what you mean im just very cinical when it comes to poloticians i have my reasons personal and professional

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Amitsumikaboshi]
i would like to apologise to the OP at this point as it seem i have hijacked your thread this was not my intention and i have tried my hardest to stay within the remit of your topic

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Amitsumikaboshi]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Ah, you're damned right there is legislation in place to curtail internet freedom. But once again, I tend to remain optimistic that said curtailment will not fully enforce until it is too late.
In fact, if they regulate free flow of thought through the internet before we become aware (as a society) of the reality and gravity of our situation, I don't know what I'll do.

At that point the entire thing is hopeless and we had BETTER HOPE for godly intervention. If not, we are headed for VERY, VERY dark times.

At that point I would echo a coworkers sentiments - "It is time to beat the plows into swords."
As that would be the only possible recourse. It won't happen though, there is always a choice, unto the very end.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I actually think we are still very well within the OP statements. All this comes down to is WHAT CAN WE DO?

I think that nearly everyone responding is on board with the thread (I just think that it is late and the two of us are the only ones responding to this thread)... It doesn't change the fact that the OP of this thread is very intriguing. We are simply exploring the possibilities of the possible scenarios.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

LATE its beyond late its 6am here HOLY CRAP !!!!

back on topic

the inforation out there need to be pooled into a resource and backed up and a definitive team of people realy do need to work through it and then go public in a big way i mean hell if steven greer can do it im sure some more inflencial people can

the reason i say backed up and secure is we all know that stuff is being removed at a very fast rate and once its gone we aint getting it back for about 50 60 years and then its will have black outs all over it

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Hey! It seems we are on the same page. Can you spare a Buck? I can. Hell I'd give 50.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
yeah i can match that but can anyone else
ATS i know your watching

And thats just it co operation and organisation is something this feild lacks due to the fact we are as compartmentalised as our adversaries the differnce is they still somehow work as a coherant unit the majority of the time

well thats me for now im off to get some shut eye thanks for the great conversation

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I've actually been at this website for quite some time lurking. And I disagree respectfully (by the way, no sir, thank YOU for the input). This website is HIGHLY organized and I truly believe that IF THIS *IS* THE ANSWER that this is the place to get it going!

Furthermore, thank YOU for the convo.. More than I ever hoped for participation in my first thread. Anyhow, others, what do you think.

Pipedream?! probably. Impossible? By no means! Does George Bush want me to promote this? hmmm. I don't know. But I am unafraid. Why? because I, along with everyone else who participates in the denial of ignorance will see beyond this veil and live beyond it!!!!!

Good night!!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

"THREAD PARTICIPATION"

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Dang, maybe i should have started in the "freshman forum". I can't work this thing yet. haha. Even my inability to edit my own posting by not using the edit function and simply replying to my own posting only netted me two words!... I didn't mean to make it sound as if i hijacked this great thread!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by goukilock

Thanks and yes apart from one or two postings, most have taken the thread in the spirit in which it was originated. How CAN we take this forward?

One point that many have missed, is my comment about what if these "visitors" (if indeed thats what they are) are NOT friendly? After all, the likes of Pete Hellyar former Canadian government minister, and researcher Timothy Good, BOTH say that military planes have been shot down by "UFO's". Now IF there is any truth in this (and I'm not saying at this juncture that there is), shouldn't we be at least a little concerned?

When I say we need to move this research forward, what we need is a philanthropist backer to set up and fund a proper research organisation, well organised and financed so we can develop and purchase the necessary equipment, and have half a dozen GOOD researchers working on this full time! I for one volunteer!

Ross

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadrush

I could be entirely wrong but the way I have come to understand that is that we lose planes when we get too close just by a product of being too close.

It seems to me that in order to traverse the skies in the manner they do they are creating a warp effect around the craft. Get too close and POW!...

Of course that is entirely speculative but that is simply how I see it.

I think we agree that the subject will require even better organization than there currently is available, though. For one, I would like to see the more serious investigators out there stop fighting against one anothers' opinions and coordinate their efforts more. That would do a lot towards moving forward in and of itself.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You may well be right, which is exactly why we need a good team of people looking into all of these possibilities, but as most of the "funding" available goes to the sceptics and debunkers, I guess it's unlikely to get financial support.

Ross

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Funding goes to those with scientific merit and reputation. Not to the drugged up guy who thinks he was abducted by a giant lizard.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join