It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Chinese Flay Animals Alive **Warning, some graphic images**

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
TrueAmerican...

your point about two wrongs not making a right is exactly the point here...we do show immense cruelty to each other as humans, but the does not lessen the impact we have on other creatures, and your perpective of putting yourself in the place of the animal being killled is the only way to produce a humane way of killing, if it's abolutely required, and only if. This story from China shocks me, although I've known about their history of animal rights issues for a while, it still touches a really raw nerve with me.

What are we suposed to argue? That it's ok to treat animals like this because it's always been done, and it's "traditional"? So was making children work in factories in this country until we saw sense. Tradition is no defence for cruel practise. Or should we argue that it's bottom of our list of things to fix, and therefore less important...behind world hunger and poverty and finding a cure for cancer...both huge goals of course, but turing a blind eye to this kind of behaviour won't bring them about any quicker.

A star for you for bring it up.

Cait

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by gs001

So what are you trying to do here, gs001? Trying to show us that man's incomprehensible acts of cruelty against each other somehow belittle this story into meaning nothing? Two wrongs don't make a right. What you posted is horrible, and so is this. Maybe you should make a thread that deals with the Lama's atrocities.

Is this thread talking about flaying skin?
I just follow the topic

[edit on 20-8-2008 by gs001]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Out of curiosity do people resort to trying to save animals from the hands of mankind because mankind can not save itself? WHOA! let me correct that before I go to hell. "humankind"

Never mind babies having their heads splattered on trees while being flung around by the leg in front of thier mothers, or people being raped and tortured infront of loved ones and then later killed.

Is it an ideology of we cant fix THAT problem over there so we will try to take on THIS problem over here kind of thing?

A way of feeling like "you" the generic version speaking of the public) have some how effected a change and then feel like your making things better?

OK I know I cried wolf with a lot of trash talking I admit ... Sorry about all that I shouldnt act like an idiot I apologize and this question is really not meant to be a cutting remark.

Im honestly curious and hope someone can enlighten me please.
No,it's just that some people feel that it's their duty(whether it's a political,religous or personal belief)to prevent suffering wherver they can and I'm not being pious here.If people sat on their arses and never did anything to change things for the better where would we be?FYI i've been involved in alot of things over the years that help people as I'm sure many people have.Compassion for animals does not cancel out compassion for humans.The two are not mutually exclusive.As for babies being bashed I used to work in an orthodox Jewish supermarket and the owners were telling me one day about their neighbours who had been in concentration camps inWW2 and how they had witnessed exactly what you described and how they still have nightmares to this day.When they told me this I had the same feelings of revulsion and horror and anger as described before, in fact I thought I was going to pass out there on the spot.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
the cruelty should be banned,i also see video clips of mass killing of dolphins in japan,the whole shore turns red,and people club baby seals to death in canada,that's horrific.animal cruelty should be banned everywhere in this world.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
my american friend told me that in the states ,you can just pay 50 dollars and you can get a license to kill a bear in canada,but you have to draw each year for a permit,but it is very easy to get it from the drawing,and then you can go up to canada to kill a bear,he personally killed several bears and his first kill was when he was only 16 years old.in china,killing wild animals is a serious crime .i think that is also should be banned.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Thanks Cait. Interesting name btw

I'm not sure really there is any argument. I've done stories on animal cruelty before here, but this one- it goes beyond cruelty. It's insensitivity, heartless and tops anything else I've seen people do to animals. Talk about adrenalin in the meat. Jesus.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
True...

I know exactly what you mean...I cannot for the life of me understand how humans can behave like this to any creature....all animals have emotions and pain response, so how do humans disregard this when they're actually the cause of pain? I really don't understand. I never will. How can any human, whether part of a traditional society or not, fail to be impacted by a being in this amount of agony....? If you have to kill...kill quickly, and hopefully painlessly. That's the theory anyway....ah, don't get me started....I can feel a rant coming on!!

And the name...tis just who I am...a child of the fae...maybe that's why I'm sooo damn sensitive to this stuff.

Cait

Cait

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I eat meat. But cruelty like this... almost makes me cry.

Very terrible. Very bad. Am I too empathetic? I think not, just human.

Gold

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Oh how easily the sheeple are moved by images and yet the same sheeple tuck into their meat and wear/use their leather goods safe in the knowledge that the animals all had a full and happy life then died of natural causes before providing us with their bounty!

Educate yourself or you will continue to be part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mlmijyd

I'm sorry, could you please show me how these said animals we eat suffer like those shown by the OP?

BTW I am a member of PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals.

Thanks in advance.

Gold

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
mlmijyd....

Oh for goodness sake...that's a huge pile of assumptions there....maybe read some profiles for a start? I know it's hard to avoid the meat/leather thing, but awareness really helps...on a personal note, at least what I can't help consuming in the way of leather goods are kept to an absolute minimum, and *not* taken for granted...and it's a long way from what's being talked about here. I know, I know...abbattoirs are filthy nasty places too....but I can rant about the meat industry too, if you like?

Cait

[edit on 20-8-2008 by caitlinfae]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
If you have to kill...kill quickly, and hopefully painlessly. That's the theory anyway....ah, don't get me started....I can feel a rant coming on!!

And the name...tis just who I am...a child of the fae...maybe that's why I'm sooo damn sensitive to this stuff.

Cait

Cait

Classic stuff Cait.

Now with your obvious empathy would you apply this logic to how we should justify killing fellow humans i.e. "If you have to kill...kill quickly, and hopefully painlessly". I'm thinking a bullet to the head rather than a knife to the chest?

Going out on a limb here but your no vegan are you Cait?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mlmijyd

Vegan...? Yes I am....have been for a long long time....I'm not saying that we have to be instantly perfect in our behaviour towards other beings, however desirable that might be....that would be too much to hope for, I know...but we can try to improve, starting with torture like this.

Cait

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The torturing of animals is a common precoursory trait in US mass murderers such as Jeffery Dahmer. The torturing of animals is a symptom of a dominant intelligent species out of balance with the natural world. Sure killer whales practice with seals, tossing them up in the air repeaatedly before chowing down but maybe, just MAYBE we are better than killer whales?

I am glad to see my Chinese friends are able to seperate the actions of individuals from the country they live in. We have nothing to gain from war and everything to gain from peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

We all assume but my stance is simple. You can't compartmentalise what others do into good/bad by offering woolly and opting out statements like (paraphrasing of course) "I keep it to a minimum". So as long as your lifestyle only kills.....say 2 animals a year then its ok but all those nasty Chinese that kill 1000's? I'm afraid it’s an all or nothing thread. Your either part of the problem or not!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Well what gets me is if you go and read the PDF and see the full story, you will find that this takes place in the open, with all the fur traders and others gathered around. It goes beyond individuals. This is accepted practice amongst a group. And the excuses they are giving are pathetic.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
they do not think this is wrong just like some Americans filet fish while they are still alive they see these coons as we see the fish.

they have always done this and seen it done as kids it is not their fault.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Then I heartily apologise as I see the only option to non cruelty to animals (including medical reasons) is to be a practising Vegan.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
That is terrible!! My God, why not kill the animal then skin it??? It doesn't show anything but "laziness & disreguard for life." This makes me SICK!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Trueamerican, you have made a new friend in me today, I share your compassion, your empathy.

I know really know how difficult this is for you and the pain it causes. Just understand this, at one point in my life, I used live eat and breath meditation, looking inside, and one of the most difficult if not impossible things about awareness and the road to enlightenment was the unabashed cruelty, barbarious acts being made upopn all sentient beings past present and future.

When you are blessed with these clarities it is so difficult to seperate yourself from the suffering. However if you want to do anything to change the situation the only way is to seperate yourself from the emotional entanglement and be the witness to these insane acts rather than identifing.

For every human that finds self liberation the gap between consciousness and unconsciousness narrows, awareness and consciousness is the key.

You may not be able to stop the atrocities, but when you become enlightened, the whole begins also to awaken. So for every being that opens their eyes the greater the chance for worldwide utopia to manifest. It is hard in the beginning, almost difficult for an empath such as yourself but it can be done.

Remember that these types of horrors are ways in which the dark side of our plane of exsistence stays in power, in control. Do not give it power by losing your way because of it.

There is an exercise which may help, it is called Atishas exercise:

Start being compassionate. And the method is, when you breathe in - listen carefully, it is one of the greatest methods - when you breathe in, think that you are breathing in all the miseries of all the people in the world. All the darkness, all the negativity, all the hell that exists anywhere, you are breathing it in.. And let it be absorbed into your heart. When you breathe in, breathe in all the misery and suffering of all the beings of the world - past, present and future. And when you breathe out, breathe out all the joy you have, all the blissfulness that you have, all the benediction that you have. Breathe out, pour yourself into existence. This is the method of compassion: drink in all the suffering and pour out all the blessings.

And you will be surprised if you do it. The moment you take all the sufferings of the world inside you, they are no longer sufferings. The heart immediately transforms the energy. The heart is a transforming force: drink in misery, and it is transformed into blissfulness... then pour it out.

Once you have learned that your heart can do this magic, this miracle, you would like to do it again and again. Try it. It is one of the most practical methods - simple, and it brings immediate results. Do it today, and see.
O.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join