It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Chinese Flay Animals Alive **Warning, some graphic images**

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Some people do have to eat you know. I'm also glad none of you were around during the fur trading days. I have to say that times have changed here in some countries but not for others. I agree that these practices need to change but what more can we do to kill an animal for a meal. We kill it, skin and gut it, and then cook it up. We then cut it, chop it, chew it up and digest it. Either way it becomes food for us. We can't or shouldn't put them asleep because that medicine will end up in our food. Tell a lion not to chase down, claw and bite it's food and eat it alive. It's called the circle of life. It's going to be dead no matter how it gets slaughtered or eaten.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well there is another side to this issue that I find pretty interesting... right here at home (in the US/Western cultures) we torture animals just as badly through our mass meat production farms and processes. It might feel great to demonize China or any other country for their practices instead of looking in your own backyard or on your own dinner table. It is probably much easier for the average American to just let someone else do the killing for them, then just pick the remains up at the grocery. Not only that but it is probably easier to criticize people for their tradition or way of life than to try changing your own culture and its legally supported animal torturing industry...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

OMG I am in tears. Absolute tears and wish I never saw this damned thread. No offense to the OP. OMG. I sometimes wonder why God made a place as drastic as Hell. Then I read about things like this and remember. Horrible. This makes me shake it is so upsetting. Those absolute sick, twisted, heartless, inhumane bastards.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

yeah , but at least treat your prey with respect , there is no need to make them suffer.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

A lion does not have a conscious choice nor understanding of suffering, humans do.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
They have done this for thousands of years who are we to judge?
With our fast food,evrything comes to us packaged...
This is how things are done in the real world.
Peace

Spike

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by whatukno

Is wrong, wrong? Or is there limitations as to what is wrong and what is not? How can one differentiate the importance or significance of one life over another? Isn't killing any sentient being "bad?"

I dont think it's a matter of whats good or bad, perhaps its more of a "what's acceptable to me"

It seems that killing these animals in this way is not acceptable to some (which I agree) as they suffer an agonizing traumatic death.

But if we compare their death with that of a child being burned to death in Iraq which is more Good or Bad?

The awful death of a child in Iraq must be acceptable to the majority of the western world, or we wouldnt allow it to happen.

I have worked in the meat industry most of my adult life, it is a sickening business, dressed up in the excuse of feeding people.

Misery and suffering is acceptable when it's packaged like an exmas gift, the children of the western world are so ignorant about the animal that suffered and died to produce their burger its amazing.

I find people who try to convince others that they know somehow the extent of an animals (that cannot speak) suffering totally ignorant and lacking in any intelligent thinking.

We in the western world have a lot to learn about killing before we wag our fingers at other nations.

There is currently much argument of the abortion issue how dare we condemn others about cruelty when we cannot even know whether this practice is cruel and barbaric or not.

Every day we are killing other people, but because we kill them slowly over long periods it doe not seem to matter so much. WE poison our water air and food supplies for our own children to die slow deaths over many years.

ATS is overwhelmingly concerned with the possibilty of alien life, we should hope and pray that if there are other beings they are no way like us.

Because if there are and they found us to be "a tasty meal" or would look nice wrapped around a winter coat, how much consideration could we expect to be given in the manner of our slaughter, given the attrocities we ALL commit by our complacency?

It's time to teach our children that a sausage is a chemically enhanced biproduct of a death camp which will kill them slowly over time, as parents we are commiting infanticide over many years.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Some people do have to eat you know. I'm also glad none of you were around during the fur trading days. I have to say that times have changed here in some countries but not for others. I agree that these practices need to change but what more can we do to kill an animal for a meal. We kill it, skin and gut it, and then cook it up. We then cut it, chop it, chew it up and digest it. Either way it becomes food for us. We can't or shouldn't put them asleep because that medicine will end up in our food. Tell a lion not to chase down, claw and bite it's food and eat it alive. It's called the circle of life. It's going to be dead no matter how it gets slaughtered or eaten.

There is a difference with killing someone and skinning them alive!

A question.
What would you prefer, a quick death or to be skinned alive?

These people disgust me, I would personally try and stop them if I were there, that's how I feel.

And what's this comment about war with china, most people in china have nothing to do with this.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The reasoning that until we stop killing and slaying one another we cannot start to think about issues of animal cruelty is selfish and unrealistic. If we cannot respect all life on this planet we will never be able to treat each other with decency.

The large human population dictates cruel factory farm conditions because of the demand for meat, the leather used in low end clothing is not from animals killed for that purpose, neither with gelatin and most other animal components used in various products and foods.

And "people eating tasty animals". How played can you get?(lame).

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jenkwater

Thank you for that....very nicely said.

I've seen some selfish, ignorant, despicable arguments about the ethics of killing animals in my time, but some of the rubbish written here takes the cookie...and I'm not mentioning any names,,,I guess you know who you are.

Th OP was about cruelty, not food production...as much as we hate it, the meat industry is here to stay...the only civilised thing that we can do is make it as humane as possible....that's our duty as the creatures at the top of the food chain. Don't give me any garbage about "it's only natural....lions kill, it's how nature works...." An antelope chased by anything has an excellent chance of escape, and if it's caught it will be killed as quickly as possible, usually by suffocation. It won't still be breathing, conscious and in severe pain as it's skinned for it's fur and nothing else. If you don't see the problem with cruelty, does this help?

Damn, if I had my way, if you wanted to eat meat, you would have to buy direct from a slaughterhouse after you watched the production process...if you could still stomach it. I'm sure meat consumption and the production process would change rapidly in those circumstances.

At least Silo13 has the grace and integrity to do it themselves.

Cait

[edit on 20-8-2008 by caitlinfae]

[edit on 20-8-2008 by caitlinfae]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jenkwater

The large human population dictates cruel factory farm conditions because of the demand for meat,

With the greatest respect I will have to differ, the human animal is quite able to survive quite healthily without the consumption of meat.

We are quite able to produce protein from other sources, the volume of crops that are produced in fodder could quite easily be used or replaced as a food source.

Our closest relatives the Bonobo do not require any meat in their diet chimp eats very little meat. I am aware that the argument could be put forward that a chimp hunt is cruel and barbaric etc, however we must consider that the chimp is in survival mode and not profit.

It would appear from our dental condition that we are more like designed to eat fruit and vegitation, although given the unecassary volume of meat (mainly by product) that the western world consumes it would be fair to say we are more carnivore than omnivore.

Factory farming animals is not meeting a necessity but supplying an an excess, the pityful health of the western world speaks volumes of our gluttony.

It has now got to the point where ecoystems are being destroyed in order to profit from this totally unecassary human insanity.

We should have sat bolt upright when the first outbrakes of BSE occured, it is far too easy to mock or condemn people that would ask us to think, are our activities sensible and effective for the long term survival of our species.

It would appear from our visible contempt for other species that inhabit this planet and equally each other that our long term survival is questionable.

Perhaps when we are screaming for our share of Soylent Green, we may remember this period of our existence and know the answers with hindsight.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am starting to notice a pattern with China

Overfishing Whales (or was that japan)

Skinning Animals Alive

I think the biggest problem is the world has gone so many different ways people dont follow anything anymore. Just their own greed. Money Money Money. It will buy you women and happiness...:w:

The more and more i've read on Above top secret today and now this... the more disgusted i am getting with my fellow human.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I read in the news a couple of years ago that one Chinese town had a couple of dogs end upwith rabies, so the police were going around taking ALL the dogs in town away from their owners and beating them to death. People would be walking their dogs outside, and the police would come up to them take thier dog and beat it to death right in front of them. They couldnt even be merciful enough to put a bullet in its head.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Death is only comparable in itself. My existence is no more important than any other living being. Like I said before, pain and hurt is relative. I refuse to dress up a human death to make light of an animal dying. A life is taken. It is all the same.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Sometimes when we don't understand one's culture, we may find it so taboo. At times, disturbing.

Sure, they may have taken the life of the animal in a more peaceful way. But let's just leave it be.

Last time I checked, America wasn't so innocent.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
A decent amount of posting to get through...

First off....

OP. Those are horrible pictures and as an animal lover I find them appauling. The thing is I see some awful issues with some of the posts that have been written here. I am not going to single out, rather I will just make the statements point by point.

1. Do you really think all Chinese people take part in this?

2. Go to war with China? Well I have two comments on this.
a. You're crazy to want to go to war with China over these cruelties when our very own country is guilty of pretty much every atrocity we can think of. We raped in Vietnam, we torture in Abu Ghraib (sp?), we break legs of calfs and leave them immobile for veal. The wild part is alot of this stuff STILL goes on today
b. As a side note, if you think it's a good idea to go to war with China with our forces spread this thin and Force Reshaping and Reduction then let me be the first to move to New Zealand before you start this. The military just kicked 40,000 members out, we are in two wars and prepping for a third in a likely case. Good luck.

3. To some others, do you really think because there is human torture going on that it makes it less significant that animals are tortured?

4. To those who love the above topic...ALF and ELF are full of it. I love love LOVE their ideas but they are pure and simple terrorists. To bomb a place and free all the animals is terrorism. They use fear and punishment to inflict and place their ideas and no offense, but PETA isn't that far behind.

5. To the insensitive folks. Really? Is life not important at all?

Veganism is great but let us not forget it can cause issues. I am not saying let's not do it because that is your choice but the part I despise is when a vegan OR a meat eater thinks they have the world figured out and holds their aire of superiority.

Simply put, if you want to go to war with China over this I highly suggest you start firing inward toward our own lands. It's all around you

With that being said, yes I am highly empathtic to animals. I love them dearly but to hear someone tell the life of my cat is worth more than my wife, bull crap. I am not saying this is said here on ATS, but it has been said before

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hopefully a resolution can come to abolish this. It's very sad these inhumane acts still go on. Cultural practice? 'Primitive' cultures to progress to humane practices, why can't they?

To the ones who say, "Oh, it's just an animal";
What humans and nations do to them reflects the person, nation, etc., as a whole. Ignorance prevails in the fact that animals provide nothing to us but food that doesn't matter how it dies or 'It's my new fur coat so it's okay that it died horrible death so I can look Bourgeoisie'... It has no feelings WHO CARES! Right?... without us sharing the earth with them the contributions they have made to society, we would not be where we are today.

It humanity wants to ascend to a new stage, compassion is a must. It's 2008, not the 1880s or even 1400s, there's no excuse for this.

Originally posted by spitefulgod

A lion does not have a conscious choice nor understanding of suffering, humans do.

So? Neither does a baby human but does that make it okay to hurt it? They certainly know what pain is when being inhumanely slaughtered, by the screams of pain.

Originally posted by KyoZero

3. To some others, do you really think because there is human torture going on that it makes it less significant that animals are tortured?

Exactly, I don't understand that logic.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by dreamingawake]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Exactly, I don't understand that logic.

And neither do I. I think it's awful to hold the belief that animals are not worthy of any real respect and care. My whole point was in my eyes a human's life will be more to me than an animal's. That doesn't however change the fact that these things do occur.

Thanks

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Originally posted by spitefulgod

So? Neither does a baby human but does that make it okay to hurt it? They certainly know what pain is when being inhumanely slaughtered, by the screams of pain.

I think you misunderstood my post, Solarskye stated something along the lines of a lion causes pain to it pray when it kills it so what's the difference, I then gave my take on it, I wasn't saying we should go out and kill lions.

[edit on 21/8/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Personally, I don't really care if they tazer the animals while they skin them alive since lets face it, PAIN ADDS FLAVOR.

Now, go watch animals eating each other and let me know if its any less cruel. OMG, PETA should protest basic nature. oh no!Yes, go stage a sit-in for a pride of lions, hippies.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join