It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help end Fluoridation!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I know a lot of us on here on ATS are strongly opposed to water fluoridation and most of us know the arguments against it.

*SNIP*

lots of info on Fluoride here
Fluoride Action Network
and here
Union of Scientists Oppose Fluoridation
I know there are a lot of threads about this, but I don't see many talking about how to take action against it. Hopefully I'm not being too redundant.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: ATS And Activism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
No such thing as too redundant for this topic!

This is important stuff!

IMO, There should be a thread made every day exposing fluoride for what it really is!

Can you recommend any toothpaste that doesn't contain fluoride?

I'm trying to only buy natural products.

Toms natural of Maine is the only toothpaste that is natural but it also contains a small amount of fluoride.

Thanks for the thread!

Star and Flag

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My water has much more flouride than most water systems. No flouride is added. It is naturally occuring and as we switch to bottled water, our teeth are decaying much more rapidly. The people with the rotten teeth are much more intelligent and healthy. I'll stick with stupidity and nice teeth, or drink bottled water.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by astralprogger

The animals given both aluminum fluoride and sodium fluoride in low doses suffered from significant kidney and brain damage. The Varner team stated that, "Striking parallels were seen between aluminum-induced alterations" in cerebral blood vessels that are associated with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of presenile dementia. They concluded that the alterations of the blood vessels may be a primary event triggering neuro-degenerative diseases. Astounded by their results, the researchers also noted in the study: " Not only did the rats in the lowest dose groups die more often during the experiment, they looked poorly well before their deaths. Even the rats in the lowest dose group that managed to survive the 45 weeks looked to be in poor health."

That is some serious stuff!

I wonder how quickly fluoride works?

I brush my teeth every day with toothpaste that contains fluoride.

I should be noticing the effects of this, then again, Alzheimer sufferers cannot see themselves slowly degrade either.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Can you recommend any toothpaste that doesn't contain fluoride?

Here in Australia, Woolworths have their own brand of fluoride free herbal toothpaste.

Originally posted by earthman4
My water has much more flouride than most water systems. No flouride is added.

That's most likely calcium fluoride. Sodium fluoride is a man made poison, and God damn Hitler for coming up with the stupid idea of feeding it to people. And no, he didn't give a rat's about their "dental health", just like our leaders today don't either. People only believe they do because they've ingested too much fluoride already.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the information!

Thanks for setting the record straight as well!

Care to elaborate a little more on the health side effects?

Thanks for your time

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I am going to tell the big secret right here.

You are not being dosed through the oral means that you think you are. It and the other "little things" in your water are targeted at the largest organ you have.

Your Skin!

You are being controlled, changed and exterminated. Wake up from the sweet sleep you are in and look around. They placed you in a tomb.

Even more nasties are 'given to you' by the products that are targeted to 'certain' groups. Your body wash is not a good thing. Regular soap is just fine....

Beware the largest target, the skin and guard it closely........

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
There's plenty of toothpaste products that do not contain fluoride. I use JASON brand products and I get them at Whole Foods Market but you can order them online (I've ordered from VitaminShoppe.com).

As far as all the products targeted at your skin... you can lookup thousands of products to see how toxic they are at the cosmetics database website run by the Environmental Working Group.

Here's the link: cosmetics database

You will be surprised at how toxic most mainstream products are. It's best to switch to eco-friendly products. This includes toothpaste, soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, deodorant, makeup, perfume, laundry detergent, dryer sheets and anything else that comes in contact with your skin.

A good rule of thumb is... if it's advertised on TV, it's toxic. But you still have to learn the ingredients and read the labels.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by annestacey]

[edit on 10-9-2008 by annestacey]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

Very true. The fluoridation of your brain is through your skin as well as the many products the sheep are shown on tv.

Turn the box off and step away.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
I am going to tell the big secret right here.

You are not being dosed through the oral means that you think you are. It and the other "little things" in your water are targeted at the largest organ you have.

Your Skin!

Holy HELL!!!!!

So your telling me that just by taking a shower you are letting this into your body?

This is CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

All very good advice!

So is vitamin shoppe a good place to start if you want to complete change your daily habits?

I have changed my soap, and toothpaste so far.

I didnt know dryer sheets were harmful too!

Would it be quicker to make a list of products that dont kill you?

I mean what doesnt?

I really want to remove all toxins from my daily routine but, is that even possible?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

All very good advice!

So is vitamin shoppe a good place to start if you want to complete change your daily habits?

I have changed my soap, and toothpaste so far.

I didnt know dryer sheets were harmful too!

Would it be quicker to make a list of products that dont kill you?

I mean what doesnt?

I really want to remove all toxins from my daily routine but, is that even possible?

Dryer sheets are one of the most harmful products on the planet. The list of products that don't kill you could be started with the list of non-toxic products on the cosmetics database website.

I don't think it's possible to remove all toxins from your daily routine but if you at least replace the personal care products with non-toxic alternatives, you're off to a good start and at least greatly reducing your chemical exposure.

Another way to educate yourself is to check out the articles at Natural News (www.naturalnews.com). It'll take weeks or months to absorb all the information they have available there.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

So your telling me that just by taking a shower you are letting this into your body?

Toxins absorbed through the skin cause more damage than toxins ingested thru your diet.

The digestive system can break down some of the toxins and try to eliminate them but toxins absorbed through the skin go straight to the organs and cause major damage.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

You could always make your own toothpaste,a bit of baking soda,a drop of cinnamon or mint oil and a drop of water to make it pasty there you have homemade toothpaste cheap,easy,effective,fluoride free.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey

Dryer sheets are one of the most harmful products on the planet.

AHHH!!!!!

I love my laundry smelling good!

NOOOOO!

There are no alternatives?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I love my laundry smelling good!

NOOOOO!

There are no alternatives?

You can get eco-friendly dryer sheets. But if you realize that all of those artificial fragrances are there to get you addicted to them, you'll learn to live without them. You can get natural essences and add them to your laundry if you really want them to smell good.

The same goes with artificial flavors in the food. It's there to get you hooked on the food and damage your taste buds so that you can no longer taste natural food flavors and then you don't want to eat natural food anymore.

You just have to step away from the chemicals. After a few months, your body will flush most of the toxins out and you'll learn to appreciate natural aromas and flavors again. Once you get back to normal, those artificial flavors and smells will repel you. It happened to me. I can't even walk into the bathroom at my parents homes anymore... the artificial smells are repulsive. Same with processed food. Can't stand the taste anymore... it's like biting into a lemon.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Excellent!

Thanks for the incredibly useful information!

I'm glad you are already on your way to a toxin free existence.

You should make a thread on natural products, It would help loads of people!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You should make a thread on natural products, It would help loads of people!

I've given TONS of useful information on this website. Most people don't seem to care. The best I can offer right now is to investigate the two websites in my signature. It'll change your life.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Dang, this is the third time I've tried to answer this thread, and something freako happened. Note to self: do NOT touch the mouse while posting.

Good thread, OP! I think this is important information you bring.

We moved to a dinky island nation 14 years ago. Since then, we've captured rainwater, and that is our primary water source. We capture it from our roof, which is metal, and I coated it with an elastomeric coating. I was a chemist in a previous incarnation, and I believe this is one of the most benign coatings I could use. My first choice would be copper, but not having a spare $42,000 to spend on a copper Tern roofing system, this will have to do. We filter our rainwater with a simple carbon filter to remove the more bulkier sediments.

If you live in Colorado or Washington, you have problems, as your state has made it illegal for you to collect rainwater, so you'll have to be furtive in your efforts. Know this: It's a difficult thing to enforce, but please research the penalties. I suspect most of the enforcement comes form neighbors turning people in. If the bottom of your downdrop is a "tee" rather than an elbow, it can look like an elbow, but in reality the rain can go straight on through to buried piping. Remember that you only need less than an inch of drop differential to cause water to flow into a catchment. U2U me if you live in these states and want some additional ideas. I believe with all my heart that collecting rainwater should not be illegal.

We have created an system through a double-tiered pvc piping that "wastes" the first 1/8-inch of water over our roof...... that is to make sure the water collected is as clean as it can be. I'll flesh this sytem out for anyone that is interested -- again, U2U.

You can build a water catchment out of concrete for about $1.50 a gallon. If you prefer plastic (not me bro or sis!) you can buy a tank for about the same.

We have no industry here, so our rainwater is pretty pure. Those of you in city centers might have to employ a series of filters to purify your water collected.

I recommend you do this: Contact an analytical laboratory in your area, and arrange for analysis of water samples, using their collection and transfer protocols. You probably want atomic absorption testing -- which is very expensive, but will test for a wide range of "unknowns" in your water. Find out what you have in your rainwater, and then you'll have an idea of what filters you need to make it pure.

We use the rainwater primarily for running the house -- drinking, cooking and showers. We have a well which we use for watering garden/plants and toilet flushing. Unlike most places, well water here is potentially slightly saline, or even contains sulfites/sulfides.

I think we should get away from fluorides, even if they are naturally occurring in your water system. Protect your teeth in other ways. I personally don't think it's worth the risk, and I won't use fluoridated water.

Again, important thread, OP. Thank you

[edit on 10-9-2008 by argentus]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Wait, mirth, what did you do?

What did he do wrong?

Please explain to the layman!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join