It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a High Level masonic comspiracy were true, would you quit the craft?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If someone was to prove that the higher level masons are involved in a "take over the world" plot, or that the accusations of sacrifices turned out to be true, would you quit masonry? Or would you try to find out how to gain access to this inner sanctum? I keep reading the hate and lies (unsubstantiated) that are spread and I wonder where these stories came from. I realize I haven't been all over the world, but I have met quite a few masons in my area. The 33rd degree masons are older and usually retired. Since it takes a good bit of time to work with the Scottish Rite to be awarded the 33rd, most of them are retired or are independantly wealthy. Although I haven't seen too many that are Donnald Trump rich. Have you ever run into a old bitter 33rd degree mason? These guys are always smiling and happy to answer questions for you. Not quite the world domination types.
So the question to all masons is: If there was proof of a global conspiracy, how would it change your involvment in masonry?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
As for myself, I do not see it as being likely. If there was some sort of a group or conspiratorial operation, it would most certainly be considered clandestine / irregular. Primarily, because it goes against all of the rules , by-laws, regulations, etc. Aside from the fact that it makes no sense. It has no connection with what Freemasonry is actually intended for.

That's not to say that any person or group is righteous. Ofcourse, with any organization made up of millions of members, there will be a bad apple, but it does not reflect the organization itself.

So to answer your question it would not affect my judgement of Freemasonry as a whole...but yes I would be dissapointed in those few.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You get out of Masonry what you put into it. When I'm feeling charitable, I embrace the worthy causes that Masonry supports. When I'm feeling mystical, I turn my attentions to the symbols used in Masonry and their esoteric interpretations. When I want to brainwash and enslave the masses and bend them to my will, I make them drink the sweet tea.

It's all good.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Thanks for your reply. I have only been a mason for two years now. So I am still a little wet behind the ears. I was just thinking of how my views would change if this were true, although I can think of many things that are more plausable than that, like reptilian shapeshifters running the Senate.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

so it's the tea that does it. who would have thought.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I wouldn't want to have anything to do with sacrifices or ruling the world.

But if I found out there were some wild parties going on like 'some' folks allege... well I would probably bring a camera. LOL

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

You forget...we already had rule of the world...and we gave it back!

How many president's were Mason's...14? 16? Heck Gerald Ford was the last...

What are people trying to say, when Ford was in office it wasn't the right time? Give me a break.

But to answer the OP's question...IF there was a conspiracy...I guess I would have to see if the conspiracy was something I could support or not.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
If you watched any of the Godfather Movies then you already know that there is no quitting the Family. Yas Know What I Mean?!

LOL!! Just playing with you a little bit.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
When I want to brainwash and enslave the masses and bend them to my will, I make them drink the sweet tea.

that's racist.

-

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Zooooom...
And you missed the joke. Are you from the North? Everyone, well, near eveyone in the South drinks sweat tea.
He was making a funny, get over it.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Zooooom...
And you missed the joke. Are you from the North? Everyone, well, near eveyone in the South drinks sweat tea.
He was making a funny, get over it.

no.
you missed ME getting his joke, and consequently tossing in a callback to an old meme comment

... to splash a dash of irony to the stark reality of his funny being aimed at the have nots.

ironic how my funny holds more water in the light of truth.

-

[edit on 19-8-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   

D'oh. I seem to be all thumbs lately.
I'm going to grab some sleep now.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

It seems the streets are filled with racist bandwagons theese days. Everyone gets a bit on edge when they see the "r" word. But the tea comment was actually froma previous post where a northern brethren claimed they had beer at their lodge. We in the south only get sweet tea. But we can play golf in shorts in January.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mason mike
It seems the streets are filled with racist bandwagons theese days. Everyone gets a bit on edge when they see the "r" word. But the tea comment was actually froma previous post where a northern brethren claimed they had beer at their lodge.

That would be myself. I would also like to add that it is my favorite kind of beer....free and cold.

To answer the Original Poster; Our lodge can not even decide what color carpet to get for our lodge room....Blue! No Yellow! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...............so much for us ruling the world.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

who cares about carpet, you got beer.
mmmmmm.....beer..(Homer Simpson)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
To answer the Original Poster; Our lodge can not even decide what color carpet to get for our lodge room....Blue! No Yellow! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...............so much for us ruling the world.
Indeed. Wasn't that part of the first degree lecture about the ornaments of the lodge? "The shag carpet is emblematic of human life, varying in length and often in need of shampooing..."

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

and I am slow today. I just got the Monty Python reference.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unlaiden swallow carying a coconut?"

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by network dude

What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

I don't know...

AHHHGHGHGHGHHGH!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Wouldn't it matter what the aim of the conspiracy was?

Let's say the conspirators aimed to make eye transplants easier, more available, and less costly? That is a conspiracy I would support.

Or let's say that they chose to focus on making sure that children with learning disabilities got the expert assistance and support they needed in order to be able to master the fundamentals of literacy. I could support such a conspiracy.

Or let's say that they met behind closed doors to plot and plan a system by which any child could get the incredibly costly care they needed if they should suffer a serious accident or chronic disease without any cost to their family. Let's say, to that end, they raised millions of dollars every year and, at the same time, managed to have a rollicking good time. I would give serious consideration to joining such a conspiracy.

Some conspiracies at the "highest" levels of Freemasonry are certainly worth joining.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join