It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Protesters Outraged Over Makeshift Razor-Wire Jail in Denver Warehouse :video:

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gb540
Wait until the RNC.
Rumor has it the St. Paul cops feed their inmates lutefisk....

A. Funny as someone that likes Lutefisk and knows how expensive it is not likely. Yes I know you were kidding around. But I am just having fun with your comment.

B. Having worked with a dozen police departments in 5 states I will say with out hesitation that the ST Paul police department is the most professional department I worked with, Hands down.

C. The Excel Energy center HOWEVER is in Minneapolis.
Minneapolis police are some of the worst. I mean I have not had contact with all of them but without exception every contact I have had has been a poor showing of police work. They are right there with Tulsa and New Orleans. If you are looking for a good show with protesters getting clubbed down Minneapolis is your best bet. They like to excuse criminal stupidity and incompetence there. And before I get jumped on by someone I can produce links for what I am saying.
Now the fun part is that Minneapolis has a very active democratic membership. And I am expecting some fireworks.
As far as the free speech zones go they are an insult to all Americans.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It has been reported that the cells are 5x5 and that the warehouse being used was once used to house voting machines, but the warehouse was too hot for them, so they were moved.

www.democracynow.org...

Activists Protest Denver’s Plan to House Jailed Protesters in Warehouse
In Denver, local activists are criticizing the city’s plan to use an abandoned warehouse that has no air conditioning to hold jailed protesters during next week’s Democratic National Convention. Last week, it was revealed the city had set up dozens of metal cages topped with razor wire inside a city-owned warehouse. A sign posted in the makeshift jail reads, “Warning! Electric stun devices used in this facility.” On Friday, demonstrators gathered outside the building to condemn the city’s plans. The weekly newspaper Westword has revealed the city once used the warehouse to store voting machines, but the facility had to be abandoned because temperatures became too hot inside.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
SectionEight...

Just in case you missed this genius reply the first time... Would be such a shame if you did.

Ron Paul, despite getting the most donations from the military and the people, didn't go far because he spoke too much truth.

No anti-war candidate got enough coverage, every election year it's the media that chooses front-runners not the people.

Listen, just because you don't see that Ron Paul has awakened masses of people doesn't mean he didn't do it. Your acknowledgement is really not required.

Just because you chose to insult honest politicians that rarely come around doesn't mean you have to spread hatred on such miracles.

Change has occurred nonetheless, do you even know how many people are now against the FED, with some of those people not even knowing prior to Ron Paul what the FED even was.

"They attack us because we are over there"
A large population of people heard this and are now thinking more than before.

And I’m only scratching the surface.

I don't get people like you, candidates spend hundreds of millions of dollars to get mass coverage for promises that will never see the light of day. Then one man comes along and goes against the establishment and all you can do is offend both him and his supporters?

Couldn't have said it better.

(Edit to put in SectionEight name, I'd forgotten it already)

...It's hard to type when your standing up cheering... (me)

[edit on 23-8-2008 by silo13]

[edit on 23-8-2008 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The Ron Paul fanatics should not go away mad, just go away. The last dying gasp of a dead in the water joke for a candidate. He was anything but republican, from the getgo he was a joke. Well just like all jokes they get stale when over used and abused, time to retire this old joke. 99.99% of his suporters were young naive first time voters and underage kids unable to vote. I feel sorry for them that this was the first candidate they got their feet wet with.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Guys, please, your jumping off topic here. If you want to debate about Ron Paul, start a new topic aboit him. Let`s get this one back on track, ok?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well now they have something to protest!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I thought the pictures and such in the following link would be a nice addition to this thread, catch...

blogs.westword.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It is unbelievable that people feel that the constitution means nothing at all. All who are against this protest should watch the 10 part series on John Adams. You will remember why the founding father’s wrote the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Remember 1930 Nazi Germany and Hitler. Same thing

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You know, I am all about rights and such, and freedom of speech ect. But this just pretty much proves the necessity of these makeshift cells.

This is proof that these people have violent motives, and are not "peacefully" protesting by any means. These people are aggressive.

**WARNING :: Not so nice language in video**

I mean seriously. Especially the guy in there with his crying 3-4 year old.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by xmaddness]

[edit on 25-8-2008 by xmaddness]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So... were these "warehouse cages" and "detention areas" ever used? I could be wrong, but its funny how these stories get everyone worked up and then when the time comes, the story disappears. I haven't seen or heard a thing from Denver's CBS affiliate after the convention, following up on their original story.
Much ado about nothing?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Wow, I just cant believe how dumb americans have become. If the founding fathers would hear the words of amercans now defending the right to strip rights, and empower the government more.....they would have a heart attack.......That's the ultimate truth here: The system was created so perfectly that the government could not abuse power legally, that they now do it illegaly.....and in the process sell on media every reason why it's necessary.......for all you who support stripping the rights is good to protect us....you probably still believe the Federal Reserve Banking System is the government too......sorry, but it's a privately owned banking system designed to enslave every american.....they print our money and charge us interest for it.....who pays for this interest, all of us...it's called income tax.......but the government is ok with that too.......bought out by big business......wake up you fools......control is money is power........and you graciously throw it away to be "protected"....please i'd rather be free. That's what it mean to be an American.........you who support Government power.....that's called Facism or Communism.......NOT American....get it straight....it's NOT American to PRO Big Government.........so stop supporting it....be an American!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join