It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Protesters Outraged Over Makeshift Razor-Wire Jail in Denver Warehouse :video:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
As sad as it is to say, these peaceful protesters need to take rifles and handguns to their protest. If the police stay peaceful, then they stay peaceful. If the police use force, they use force, in overwhelming majority, leaving none alive.

When will these "protesters" learn that sometimes you have to take up arms to get the government to respect your rights? Thomas Jefferson knew that.

It's a sad day when peaceful protesters have to use force JUST TO BE HEARD.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm personally looking forward to this. Democrats protesting Democrats. How fun is that

Peaceful, law abiding protesters will never see the inside of those cages. Only those who break the law or violate other rights will be put in them. Does this mean that those protesting the jail are admitting they plan on committing criminal acts? Of course it does.

I'm still trying to stop laughing over the group who wanted to carry buckets of feces. They actually want to be taken seriously

Protesters who get arrested do so on purpose. They plan from the outset to be arrested and then try and pretend otherwise. All they accomplish is making themselves look like the fools they are.

I think thousands of people should march on these protesters homes, block their sidewalks and driveways, scream on bullhorns day and night and of course the newest addition; carry buckets of feces to throw at them. See how they react when the situation is reversed and they are treated the same way they treat others. Lets follow them to their places of work and block the entrances so their bosses have to fire them or go broke. Lets cause them the same harm they do to small businesses every day blocking their entrances and scaring their customers away. Oops - forgot. Protesters don't have jobs to interrupt. Perhaps we could block the entrance to the government offices where they get their food-stamps?

I may have gotten a little carried away here. I think peaceful, lawful protest is very important. The problem is that most protesters are the opposite of that. They drown out the legitimate protests with their infantile nonsense and that should piss everyone off.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
As sad as it is to say, these peaceful protesters need to take rifles and handguns to their protest. If the police stay peaceful, then they stay peaceful. If the police use force, they use force, in overwhelming majority, leaving none alive.

When will these "protesters" learn that sometimes you have to take up arms to get the government to respect your rights? Thomas Jefferson knew that.

You are a dangerous scary person

Please get back on your meds before you harm some innocent person.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
reply to post by GAOTU789

A peacefull assembly of townsfolk is not what these charades are. They are organized by extremist groups with agendas. The proper channels of getting regulations and laws passed through State and Federal legislation is too long and laborious a process for them, they want a shortcut and use protesting as a leverage, some may call it holding the system hostage for ransom. Give us our way or we will protest. The lackys on the street holding the signs have no idea why they are even there usually and only cling to rhetoric of the current what do I hate today theme to keep them there.

I See.. so who decides how an organization is to bring forth their views into the populace? Perhaps if they had the funding they could buy their way into getting congress to bend to their will. Something that will allow others to benefit.

Do you know the "lackys" story? Have you walked in each of their foot steps to understand why each are there for whatever cause their taking up?

Or you just assuming why based on what you think you know?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kanati

No Martin Luther King walked the streets and their protest was open and transparent. These professional protests of today are really run by third party organizations like the aforementioned communist party of the USA.
You have to trace their cause back three steps, there are the protesters on the streets, then there is the middle name of the group which is a sham kinda like a fence is to the underworld, then you finally have to trace it back to the money people, the real backers, the communist party of USA. They have two barriers in front of them and remain nameless and faceless. That is the exact opposite of Martin Luther King's successful protest example. If you ask an arrested protestor who organized their event, they will only have knowledge of the mid level organization, they do not even know who they are really marching for.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

so apparently we are guilty before proven innocent now?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

So using your analogy, we can go from the troops in Iraq, back to their commanders, back to the whitehouse, and then back to whoever is controlling bush?

Works both ways.....

Regardless, these people still have the right to protest.

At least in theory.

I'm also somewhat confused by your repeated use and naming of the communist party of the USA.

Do you have proof?

Or are you the reincarnation of Joe McCarthy, and therefore need no proof, as smears will do?

[edit on 18/8/2008 by budski]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

The chain of command of the United Sates Millitary is not a comparison to make here to professional protesting rackets. The soldier in Iraq is not there to protest.
How the blazes does Iraq get into this, or is your keyboard programmed to spew out leftwing mantra.......Iraq, Bush, Cheney, Halliburton, Gitmo .....aaawummmmmmmmm do the chant.

I posted the links a page back. I used that organization as an example because the legwork is done and the connection is there for anyone to read for themselves, it is not wild speculation.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Its not necessary to lock up anyone.Just let them break the law then lock them up.They always end up doing something that breaks the law.Maybe if these protestors eased back on the emotions and started thinking logically....ah well one can hope.

People have a right to protest.They do not have the right to spit on police or get abusive with cops.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Justice11]

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Justice11]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

I'm with you Brother. In 23 years a a Police Officer, I've seen a few protests. The vast majority of the time, NOBODY gets arrested. The ones that get arrested, WANT to be arrested in the mistaken belief that this somehow makes their protest righteous(spel?). Time and time again though, a peaceful protest is hijacked by a group with a violent agenda. The right to protest is guarnteed in the constitution, AS LONG AS you don't break the law and violate other citizens rights. Let me spit on a protestor a few times, or throw blood or crap on them, see how they like it. That detention center on the face of it appears just fine to me. Haven't seen the inside though.
No Problems with the razor wire either. I have had prisoners jump me, and I am all for keeping them under control.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Why does this not suprise me? In a country where peaceful assembly,and freedom of speech are rights.We are handed "free speech zones" where the people with something to say are keep at a "safe distance" from the people who need to hear the message. The makeshift prisons are just one more step toward total control of the populace.
I have come to the conclusion that this government we have needs an enema!

Denver is a liberal bastion...so...what's your beef?
'You get the government you deserve', as the saying goes.

Secondly, if the radical LEFT wouldn't have created a precedent in Chicago back in 1968, this thread wouldn't exist.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Isn't part of the protest so some can be arrested simply for the publicity?

And those arrested are probably reliving the glory days of the 60's.

Instead of bitching at the Denver police and city authorities they should give thanks that they'll be housed indoors until release.

Imo, a barbed wire fence could have done the job and the protestors would have to take their chances on the weather.

I hope the authorities can arrest some of the organizers, it seems they are seldom arrested.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
we do not have the " right to free speech" as it is commonly recognized.
we have the right to a free PRESS, which cannot legally be controlled.
If you think you have EVER had " free speech",..... just yell BOMB while on a commercial flight.

you will get an education in free speech.

Your constitutional right to free speech doesn't mean you can say anything to anyone, anywhere and not expect repercussions from your actions.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Ninja-san]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Perhaps the protesters would feel better if the cops simply shot anyone who got out of line?

I personally hate the concept of designated "free speech zones". But experience has shown us that hell can break out in a hurry, and large events have to be organized & prepared for it.

With any luck the demonstrations will be peaceful, and it'd be a big "Up you!" to the Gestapo should their razor cages remain empty. But it only takes a spark in a tinder box....

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
reply to post by FiatLux

Do you understand the concept of a corporation? It is a legal entity for people to hide behind, you sue the corp not the board personally. The people who run the extremist organizations who organize these protests hide behind the people, kind of opposite but same concept. In this case the bill of rights is used as a shield to protect the extremist organization, which is a lifeless entity, not something the Bill of Rights was intended for.

To get back on topic....if this barbed-wire jail wasn't built in preparation, and Recreate 68 was successful...there would be posters hollering 'incompetence', having ignored the Chicago riots.

Nobody's free speech is being impinged here.
As far as Soros goes, history on him hasn't been written yet.

You don't see conservatives descending on Minneapolis in those numbers.

I imagine it's because they all have guns already. And someday, some of you in here will be thankful for that.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

_javascript:icon('
')

Wow, not to get personal -- but where does that come from?

Political protest and free speech are the cornerstone of Democracy. There isn't very many other good ways to push change. Not televising and forcing people into little camps is not part of a Democracy. If the public never learns that a lot of people are upset about something, they will never know. They will read some fabricated poll that says 75% like this, and move on.

I'm not sure when it became acceptable to public portray these anti-American sentiments. Can't wait for this "they deserve what they are getting because they annoy me" fad is over.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
Instead of bitching at the Denver police and city authorities they should give thanks that they'll be housed indoors until release.

Wait until the RNC.

Rumor has it the St. Paul cops feed their inmates lutefisk....

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ninja-san
we do not have the " right to free speech" as it is commonly recognized.
we have the right to a free PRESS, which cannot legally be controlled.
If you think you have EVER had " free speech",..... just yell BOMB while on a commercial flight.

you will get an education in free speech.

Your constitutional right to free speech doesn't mean you can say anything to anyone, anywhere and not expect repercussions from your actions.

The yelling of "Bomb" and such is an exception. Political Free speech is one of the most important doctrines in the Constitution. Just because a lot of Right-Wing radio keeps repeating that we don't have a right to free speech doesn't make it so.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

You are a dangerous scary person

Please get back on your meds before you harm some innocent person.

Look, there are a lot of people advocating Gun ownership. If people have a RIGHT TO CARRY, as the NRA has suggested, than the only difference here, is that they are just carrying with a larger group of like-minded individuals.

Most people don't tear apart the city. 99.9999% of us are peaceful -- otherwise, we'd be seeing a lot more things damaged.

The police don't have a god-given right to do anything to a peaceful assembly of people. And if citizens carrying guns to make sure that a protest is honestly respected makes them nervous -- then here is a Liberal who is thinking this might not be a bad idea. All the police and government has to do is respect the constitutional rights of citizens and everything will be fine.

It just seems like the politicians and corporations want to have all the rights to do unto the public, treat us all like criminals, and we just have to take it.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Peaceful, law abiding protesters will never see the inside of those cages. Only those who break the law or violate other rights will be put in them. Does this mean that those protesting the jail are admitting they plan on committing criminal acts? Of course it does.

Agreed...Unfortunately, your post will only attract a barrage of accusations that you are anti-free speech. As has my posts of the same opinion.

It is sad that some here do their best to alienate potential proponents, because their opinion isn't accepted without condition.

With that, I will end my participation in this thread, because it has veered far away from the OP. I do hope to participate in another thread about free speech, though.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by WTFover]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join