It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Protesters Outraged Over Makeshift Razor-Wire Jail in Denver Warehouse :video:

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I am not talking about stopping free speech, I AM ALL FOR IT...

FOR THE LAST TIME, its not the free speech, its way rowdy people who throw things at the police, block public intersections and cause mayhem I am talking about. GET A LIFE...

If abuse occurs against rational respectful protesting I will be the first to join you in complaining. If I here that protestors threw things at police, started fights and caused mayhem ... well then you have whats coming to you...!

LET WAIT AND SEE HUH...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
BTW- those complaining about free speech zones... give me your home address and I will come by and protest my disagreement with you over you viewpoint on this thread during the day and night in the middle of your driveway and or street....

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Someone should create the Internationalhuman#throwers (IHST) for short. There seems to be a lot of support here. They can legally march or protest in the USA along with NAMBLA and other groups who will never gain backing in the court of public opinion.

I see you are fairly new here. Have you had a chance to check this out?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by SectionEight
Someone should create the Internationalhuman#throwers (IHST) for short. There seems to be a lot of support here. They can legally march or protest in the USA along with NAMBLA and other groups who will never gain backing in the court of public opinion.

I see you are fairly new here. Have you had a chance to check this out?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah this thread is ripe with disinfo.
Failure to provide all the facts up front by the OP, like the fact there are threats to use violence and throw poo.
No evidence of any rights being violated has been presented, only percieved violations that may happen in the future.
Cheap disinfo tactics like that one poster who started equating this to soldiers in Iraq and even somehow managed to name Bush into all of this.

Thanks for pointing that link out, it sheds light onto this community, how it is ripe with disinfo.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper
BTW- those complaining about free speech zones... give me your home address and I will come by and protest my disagreement with you over you viewpoint on this thread during the day and night in the middle of your driveway and or street....

Well, the middle of either of those things would obstruct my ability to go about my daily business, so you would be moved. But not across town, to a Free Speech zone, to a public lawn or sidewalk. If you're really that bored, PM me and I'll get you my address. You're paying for your own expenses, though, and you can't use my bathroom.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

I think you should take another look at the definition of Protest and maybe you'll come to the conclusion that you are in fact protesting the protesters.

Anyway, where do they say that they want to throw feces at anything? Can you provide a link? Or are you just spewing rhetoric?

What makes this group "extremist"? Is it because they oppose your ideals? From what I can tell all information on the group claims that they are committed to non-violence and do not plan to disrupt the DNC. Maybe you've heard otherwise? If so, please provide the link.

After viewing your comments in this thread you offer nothing but your own right-wing opinionated political rhetoric as evidence that this group means to do anything other than practice their right to a peaceful assembly.

You seem very threatened by this group.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Man...I hate to say it...but you're not too keen on the whole history of the Constitution or Social Security are you? The Constitution was written almost 200 years before Social Security came into to being...which was at the end of WWI or WW2... Also, there is a freedom of assembly thing in the Constitution. You know...where people gather in large groups and...protest/dance/drink kool-aid.

Granted, it did turn violent. No one really knows why. Enough said. Also, I find it blatantly arrogant and more than slightly moronic on your part when you assume that the First Amendment is only applicable to certain groups. YOU nor ANYONE else has the right to interpret the Constitution in any way other than HOW IT IS WRITTEN. Does it say Freedom of Speech is only applicable to certain people? No. It says ALL people have the right to free speech. Period. No ifs,ands, or buts.

Take the Westboro Baptist Church for example. They are a religious extremist group. I HATE them with a passion. I wish a meteor would fall out of the bloody sky and obliterate them. I am fairly confident that others on these forums share my sentiment; however, I would never infringe upon their rights even though they use them for hate mongering and inflicting psychological torment on people who are almost ready to break regardless. I disagree with them, I loathe them and their "Divine Message", and I wish nature would conveniently deposit an accident on their midden...but it IS their right. Even if it is bull#.

The reason this country is in shambles is because of people like you who do absolutely nothing when you should wake up, grab a damn picket sign yourself, and use it to beat the bloody Hell out of almost every politician and corrupt official in this once great nation. They are the real criminals, NOT these people.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
As sad as it is to say, these peaceful protesters need to take rifles and handguns to their protest. If the police stay peaceful, then they stay peaceful. If the police use force, they use force, in overwhelming majority, leaving none alive.

When will these "protesters" learn that sometimes you have to take up arms to get the government to respect your rights? Thomas Jefferson knew that.

It's a sad day when peaceful protesters have to use force JUST TO BE HEARD.

You are a dangerous scary person

Please get back on your meds before you harm some innocent person.

Am I a dangerous person? Maybe. Let's look at a quote from another "dangerous person". Let's see what they have to say about the issue.

God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

Now, do you know who said that? Do you think the person that said this may know a little more about starting and running a country than all of us combined on this website?

When you know as much as this man on how to start and/or run a country, then, AND ONLY THEN, can you say I'm a "dangerous person".

[edit on 19-8-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Oh, and let's not forget that protest in Canada, where it was well documented that the "violent protesters" were actually cops disguised as protesters.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
reply to post by SectionEight

A lifeless entity can promote something?

Yes...

$PROFIT.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper

Thats what Noise violations are for.. And frankly your more then willing to come scream all you want outside my house from the hours of 6 am to 10pm.

Afterword though your subject to local law and if you make any loud noise you can be sited fined and even jailed

Then again...... Im not one of the people here screaming about free speech. I don't see this as a free speech issue. Not yet at least. I see it as prudent planning by the Denver city people.

Ive stated it before.. There WILL be idiots who's sole purpose is to get arrested at the DNC. For whatever cause they represent etc there will be troublemakers who's only reason to be there is to cause trouble.

If any of you fail to realize this .. Well you can go about life with your eyes closed for all i care. It doesn't change the facts.

marinesniper If you still want to come make some noise let me know in a U2U and ill send you my address
Might make for a good vacation being i live on the Central Coast of California (By Vandenberg AFB)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Supposedly; authority is illegitimate unless it is under oath to uphold the u.s. constitution. If there is a violation of the oath then the authority is immediately revoked. The constitution does not allow an authority to make a presumption of guilt. A jail presumes someone will be guilty and will need to be detained within the jail. A lot of “authorities” need to turn in their badges and clean out their desks because they are all fired.

Criminals only exist within societies which are being managed by criminals. Protests and unrest only occur within societies which are being managed by criminals.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
So I was there at INVESCO at Mile High today, or I rode by, and they are setting up already for the DNC. What struck me was the teepee-like canopy in the parking lot. It seemed like the roof at DIA (you know, the Illuminati’s lusting of depraving Native Americans). Not much else going on. There are signs on light-poles for the DNC, but I still see homeless people on Cherry Creek Trail. Maybe less than before, now that I think about it.

What an interesting time it will be.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'm gonna take a moment to get back on topic to extrapolate.

We are in strange times and there is tension between the GOV/Police and the people who protest. Both are full of imperfect people and things have been getting out of hand on BOTH sides of the issue.

Anytime there is an event which will attract protesters, the authorities plan ahead for mass arrests that would overwhelm local holding cells. These guys just discovered it.

Chain link fence with some razor wire is no concentration camp but a temporary holding and processing facility for a worse case scenario.

It could be used for oppression and suppression, but that would be because of the authorities and not the facility. Just because the facility is there does not mean there will be oppression and suppression.

I am a concerned citizen in these days and times due to our current situation and I want more freedom which I feel is being slowly taken away. But I defiantly do not want to be a police officer because they are totally outnumbered in these scenarios and an out of control mob who hates authority is a very deadly situation for BOTH sides.

There will be more infractions between the people and the laws they find unjust. It will get worse just like in the 60s.

If these guys want to protest American concentration camps they should be protesting the REAL ones and not these harmless detention centers. Its not like they are going to use Zyklon B on them.

For the most part protesters are peaceful, but on occasion a police officer will instruct them to do this or do that and some jerk offs take that opportunity to start their own little revolution right then and there, in defiance of their authority. Things get out of hand fast.

There are many conspiracies, but I dont see this as one. But who knows, it could turn into one if things go bad.

I see this "secret jail" as a gun. Guns don't kill people, people do.

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
With every event the ‘free speech zone’ mentality gets reinforced a bit more. I think that part of this is the intimidation of the masses; an attempt to convince them not to protest. In this particular case, I think that a big event is planned, there‘s just been too much media exposure. Perhaps agent provocateurs are on the agenda, as has been seen in many instances in the past, particularly lately. Perhaps Hillary is going to steal the nomination, which would be sure to get the party started.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So come August 25th will these makeshift prisons be put to use ??

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON
So come August 25th will these makeshift prisons be put to use ??

They are for the PUMAS?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Here is an updated article. Now the people have seen it... and surprise, the razor wire is now absent, and there are chairs in the cells. I guess the protests did that much good.

www.9news.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Guantanamo On the Hudson: Detained RNC Protesters Describe Prison Conditions

We speak with detained protesters being held at New York’s temporary holding facility, Pier 57. They describe the conditions of the holding facility saying it is crowded, dirty and contaminated with oil, causing rashes. And we speak with the lead organizer of the National Lawyers Guild’s campaign to protect the rights of protesters.

Democracy Now!

they defiantly seem to be afraid of bad PR

doesn't sound too nefarious to me yet

but I am watching

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MITCHEL
Supposedly; authority is illegitimate unless it is under oath to uphold the u.s. constitution. If there is a violation of the oath then the authority is immediately revoked. The constitution does not allow an authority to make a presumption of guilt. A jail presumes someone will be guilty and will need to be detained within the jail.

No, the preparation of the jail is not a presumption of guilt...As long as it's not used until someone becomes guilty. When law officers have to deal with large numbers of people, they are well within their authority to be prepared in the case someone does break the law.

It's something like, if you were to play at a craps table, the more times you roll the dice, just the law of averages will indicate that sooner or later, you'll roll snake eyes. So far, it's just a matter of the authorities being prepared for those people in the protest that'll be idiot enough to bet on a roll of snake eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join