It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Protesters Outraged Over Makeshift Razor-Wire Jail in Denver Warehouse :video:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

At what point are we collectivly to surrender our constitutional rights to freedom of speech? Each time the government enforces a "free speech zone"We as a country suffer. It doesn't matter who is behind the scene,pushing whatever adgenda. Everyone has the right to peacefully assemble and speak our mind.Placing people in makeshift prisons,for excerting their rights is a blatant attack against the people.
This type of action would have been,and should now be an act of treason!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
SectionEight your a ignorant buffoon stop posting nonsense please.. Yes i will take a warning if my comment to him is out of line. I do not think so because his ignorance of reality is quite plane and aggravating.

That said.... I have no problem with this "Holding cell" Wait.. Let me explain.

1. People are going to be arrested. You can not have such a large group of people in one place without some of them stepping over the line (breaking the law).

2. It is a fact there are elements out in society who want to cause as much mayhem as they can. Whatever or whoever they are there will be groups who's soul purpose is to get arrested. (Cause trouble any way they can) Just so they can further attack the government etc. Or whatever their particular reason is.. Some just want to see death and destruction. (Anarchists etc)

3. It would be stupid of Denver not to plan and prepare for any circumstances. It is better to have something setup and ready then not to have anything at all. (This should be commen sense people.....)

4. Lets face facts.. There are people who are going to Denver specifically to do as much damage as they can. You would have to be the dumbest person on earth not to recognize this fact.

So the question is this...... Are the people who are supposed to protect the rights and safety of everyone involved supposed to just sit by while these particularly violent groups run around trying to cause problems?

I for one would not wan't to be in any of the police shoes when the DNC happens. No matter what they do they will be villanised by one group or another.

This would not be a problem if all the protesters etc did was yell and scream. But that is not ALL they do.. The commit acts of violence they break the law.

I personally have no problem with anyone screaming and chanting etc whatever the hell they want. I do have a problem when people start breaking the law.

The holding cells etc are for those who break the law.. Not for people who are supposedly peacefully exercising their right to free speech.

Frankly i wouldn't go anywhere near the DNC this year.. there are way too many nutcases out there who just might take it a step further and bring guns and start shooting people.

(Something i wouldn't put past the bush administration or other groups who would want to use it as a excuse to take away peoples gun rights)

[edit on 18-8-2008 by wolfmanjack]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i guess the next inevitable step would be to force protesters to work and sell their organs to the highest bidder.....

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gb540

Thanks, I needed that laugh. If prizoners had to eat lutefisk seven days a week we would empty out our jails and fast. The only problem is keeping them from beating each other with the lutefisk while preparing it in the kitchen.

And of course you still need a dog to pee on it for added flavor.

Has anyone in Denver or the surounding country noticed Want Ads in the papers for protestors?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolfmanjack
SectionEight your a ignorant buffoon stop posting nonsense please.. Yes i will take a warning if my comment to him is out of line. I do not think so because his ignorance of reality is quite plane and aggravating.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by wolfmanjack]

Ooh, the embodiment of a true protestor, begging for attention and reprimands from authority, while slinging poo at the same time, impressive.

Like I said, there will be no outrage about the cages, it will probably be adopted as a standard in cities across the nation. There will be many presidential debates and their locations will be prime targets for the enemies of america who orchestrate these professional protests. The easily manipulated naive people who end up in them will provide good entertainment in the upcoming soundbites and videoclips of their arrests.
So stock up on popcorn, get your favorite beverages ready and let the '08 political circus continue.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON

Denver Protesters Outraged Over Makeshift Razor-Wire Jail in Denver Warehouse :video:

www.breitbart.tv

"We're trying to shine the light on this little secret political prisoner camp that was being set up in the city of Denver."
(visit the link for the full news article)

how to earn a one way ticket to the denver detention center! Speak your mind! Think for yourself!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I really don't know what the point of this would be. Preparation for what? The Obama speech? ugh... maybe I should go take a vacation out of the city that week.

This is a very peaceful town as it were. The worst disturbences are after sporting events for cripes sake (and I mean, SB, Stanley Cup, etc). I'll have to see how relatively close this is to where he is making his speech.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432

no disrespect intended ...but what the H are you talking about???

protesters are abusing their right to free speech ???????????????

your the same guy that dumps on Ron paul huh ?

I see.... enough said

I think SectionEight is making sure his name remains on the "yellow list" with posts like that.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Protestors protesting a protestors jail. There comes a time when every right can be abused. The protestors are certainly abusing the right of free speach. An individual has a right to free speach but it can be argued that huge well organized faceless entities which fund and organize protests do not. If these corraled massive blocks of human flesh which are assembled not for individual free speach, but a collective singular voice of some sponsors cause get locked up in razorwired cages, the majority of US citizens won't give a flying hoot and probably enjoy the spectacle.

Abuse free speech????? If you want to put a limit on free speech then it isn't free speech anymore now is it.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by UScitizen

Originally posted by SectionEight
Protestors protesting a protestors jail. There comes a time when every right can be abused. The protestors are certainly abusing the right of free speach. An individual has a right to free speach but it can be argued that huge well organized faceless entities which fund and organize protests do not. If these corraled massive blocks of human flesh which are assembled not for individual free speach, but a collective singular voice of some sponsors cause get locked up in razorwired cages, the majority of US citizens won't give a flying hoot and probably enjoy the spectacle.

Abuse free speech????? If you want to put a limit on free speech then it isn't free speech anymore now is it.

I didn't say put any limits on anything. I said people will see this for what it really is, an abuse of free speach. I further postulated that no sympathy will be gained for them when they are locked up in the nice indoor facilities the authorities are so kind to provide for them in advance. Even further I speculated that the coverage of the detained free speach abusers will be an occasion of entertainment, after all what are we to do when american idol is not playing?
This has been very entertaining seeing so many here defend a bunch of hateful people who want to throw their own manure at others. I hope they continue to abuse their freedom of speach so the entertainment never stops.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I don't understand what you are saying. Do you really know? If you are kidding around please save it for another time and for something less important.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
First off free speech should NEVER EVER be denied . A KKK group has just as much right to gather and protest as does a Black panther as does a anti war protester or insert any special group here . The right extends to even beliefs we totally disagree with . Its their right .

But while protesting they have NO right to harass or interfere with the daily operations of a city or a special event . Violence is out of the question . Break these rules go to jail .

The idea of preparing for large numbers being arrested is prudent For Denver

On the other hand law enforcement should never interfere with a protest as long as it remains peaceful and has not disrupted the event or city operations unless there us a special permit like for parades .

And law enforcement should be charged with civil rights violations if they interrupt a peaceful protest . And don't tell me it does not happen . Racial slurs and off color remarks screamed to the protesters or at law enforcement should be considered by either as inciting a violent confrontation . Video cams should never be confiscated in these protests . That has happened before but video keeps both sides honest .

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
i would like to agree with section eight that anyone who throws crap at someone else is a criminal.
however, right to assembly is not the right to be a violent subhuman, and the presence of criminal subhumans should not infringe on the rights of peaceful conscientious protestors.

what's not cool, is agent provocateurs, and excessive, indiscriminate police violence, profiling and police making up their own laws on the fly.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The article seems to have disappeared. I saw some footage of the holding center, it looks like a chain link prison center set up with cells throughout a huge warehouse, all open. I did not see any bathroom facilities. Of course I am sure the republican convention will have the same or close to it. How many years have they been doing this type of thing? I think they did it starting in 2000 or maybe even before that. It a good thing we live in a democracy and have freedom of speech. LOL

www.democracynow.org...

Denver Police Set Up Cages for DNC Protesters
In Denver, the local CBS News affiliate has revealed city police have set up dozens of metal cages inside a warehouse to hold jailed protesters at the upcoming Democratic National Convention. The five-by-five-yard cages are made out of chain link fence material and secured by rolls of barbed wire. A sign reads “Warning! Electric stun devices used in this facility.” Protesters have dubbed the site “Gitmo on the Platte,” a reference to the Guantanamo Bay prison and the Platte River.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Another overseas obsevation if I may...

What better way to cause controversy and hype over an event that hasn't happened yet, than to establish a makeshift Guantanamo style prison

The plan is brilliant in it's simplicity and guaranteed to get the emotions fired up. I bet there are people itching to get thrown in ther for 'the cause'.

We're going to hell in a hand basket my friends.

I've heard a lot of BS in this topic about freedoms of speech and it makes me wonder what the f-in-H is going on in the US.

I thought freedom of speech was paramount to what makes America great.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
America was once great...
Dict....err President shrub his administration, most of congress and the cabal that control them have run this country into the ground...

Fascist America in 10 easy steps

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy
After we were hit on September 11 2001, we were in a state of national shock. Less than six weeks later, on October 26 2001, the USA Patriot Act was passed by a Congress that had little chance to debate it; many said that they scarcely had time to read it.

2. Create a gulag
Once you have got everyone scared, the next step is to create a prison system outside the rule of law (as Bush put it, he wanted the American detention center at Guantánamo Bay to be situated in legal "outer space") - where torture takes place.

3. Develop a thug caste
The years following 9/11 have proved a bonanza for America's security contractors, with the Bush administration outsourcing areas of work that traditionally fell to the US military. In the process, contracts worth hundreds of millions of dollars have been issued for security work by mercenaries at home and abroad. IE Blackwater google what this crew is up to lately.

4. Set up an internal surveillance system
On July 10, 2008, President Bush signed the unconstitutional FISA Amendments Act of 2008 (FAA), supposedly aimed at “updating” the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). Unfortunately, the law meant to “update” FISA instead gutted the original law by eviscerating the role of the judicial oversight in government surveillance.

5. Harass citizens' groups
The equally secret Counterintelligence Field Activity (Cifa) agency of the Department of Defense has been gathering information about domestic organizations engaged in peaceful political activities: Cifa is supposed to track "potential terrorist threats" as it watches ordinary US citizen activists. A little-noticed new law has redefined activism such as animal rights protests as "terrorism". So the definition of "terrorist" slowly expands to include the opposition.

6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release
In 2004, America's Transportation Security Administration confirmed that it had a list of passengers who were targeted for security searches or worse if they tried to fly.
Anti-war marcher? Potential terrorist. Support the constitution? Potential terrorist. History shows that the categories of "enemy of the people" tend to expand ever deeper into civil life.

7. Target key individuals
Most recently, the administration purged eight US attorneys for what looks like insufficient political loyalty. When Goebbels purged the civil service in April 1933, attorneys were "coordinated" too, a step that eased the way of the increasingly brutal laws to follow.

8. Control the press
Joseph C Wilson accused Bush, in a New York Times op-ed, of leading the country to war on the basis of a false charge that Saddam Hussein had acquired yellowcake uranium in Niger. His wife, Valerie Plame, was outed as a CIA spy - a form of retaliation that ended her career.
Over time in closing societies, real news is supplanted by fake news and false documents. The yellowcake charge, too, was based on forged papers.

9. Dissent equals treason
Cast dissent as "treason" and criticism as "espionage'. Every closing society does this, just as it elaborates laws that increasingly criminalize certain kinds of speech and expand the definition of "spy" and "traitor".
Most Americans do not realize that since September of last year - when Congress wrongly, foolishly, passed the Military Commissions Act of 2006 - the president has the power to call any US citizen an "enemy combatant". He has the power to define what "enemy combatant" means.

10. Suspend the rule of law
The John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007 Critics see this as a clear violation of the Posse Comitatus Act

De Facto Fascism Indeed... Your opinion may vary...

[edit on 19-8-2008 by TaZCoN]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I am reading this thread LMAO, IDEA... protest peacefully as was said earlier in this thread, dont bother other people, dont be vandals and be curtious...

I bet if every protester acted accordingly there would not be any arrests...

Again, has anyone been arrested yet...? Why dont we wait and see if the police abuse their power before we pass judgment.

You ani this and anti that people have nothing better to do then be bitter unhappy carbon based dead weight objects taking up space (oh I guess this includes Obamatrons also)... I pray to god everyday "give me a candidate I can feel good about..."

Side Note:

My cousin was just arrested and whipped 30 lashes for listening to American music in Iran, my sister in-law was arrested for wearing too much make-up in Iran last month. And you complain about a make-shift detention center... I for one support the POLICE and hope that they are not caught on camera throwing your sad arses in the detention facility with too much force IF you act rowdy...!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by marinesniper
Side Note:

I for one support the POLICE and hope that they are not caught on camera throwing your sad arses in the detention facility with too much force IF you act rowdy...!

I support the police also, but you can bet that there will be PLENTY video
cameras around along with cell phone cameras, professional quality cameras with Looong lenses, News video cameras, foreign news service
cameras and not to mention the video cameras the police themselves use.
This is going to be one well recorded convention as will be the GOP convention. This alone will help keep misbehavior on both sides to a minimum.

I personally am astonished at the anti free speech people on this thread.
Seems hypocritical in a way, in that they are exercising on the forum what they want to deny others on the street. curious.....

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Someone should create the Internationalhuman#throwers (IHST) for short. There seems to be a lot of support here. They can legally march or protest in the USA along with NAMBLA and other groups who will never gain backing in the court of public opinion.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Our leaders and the pigs, i mean cops that serve them need a lesson in sovereignty and respect of cultures, respect of freewill, respect of their own hypocrisy.

But what do we real americans expect from fake wannabe americans who have no respect and thik americas some ongoing football or baseball game when it come to geopolitical workings or our own. They play with fire, its not safe for anyone, so I ask our leaders to please please please put yourself in that monstrous cage you built for those who are right and you ignore out of gree, and hatred and fascistic thinking, mockery, self rightiosness whne your totally wrong. i can go on.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join