It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Between Asleep and Awake: Do you hear voices?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepy ALEX
The voices could be side effects from smoking weed or any other drug that causes hallucanations.

When i was at school, we had a video shown to us about drugs , one of the guys in it did smoke weed heavily and was an addict, he said tht he heard voices in his head when he was drifting off to sleep,he said they were having conversations.

I have indulged in the past to calm me down After Sleep paralysis!. The odd joint now and then surely never hurt anyone? Maybe in some cases it can bring it on, i don't know. But it makes you wonder if people not of a strong mind can turn to drink and drugs becasue they truely don't know what is happening to them and of course it can send you gar gar in the end! Some of the things that have happened to me you couldn't make up and would do well for a Steven Spielberg film. The sp will get me anyway if it wants to, but it does calm me down if i have a joint asi feel a bit more braver to face it than if i didn't. Not all the time, just now and then. It might be just me, but it does help me before and after . I can sense it usually when i am about to get it so i know what is appropriate and when. please don't anyone slag me off for it. Live in my world for 5 minutes and i guarenee you would be joining me! I don't get the voices tho only the once and that scared the crap out of, me oh an the air raid siren. Does that count?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I've never heard a multitude of voices at one time, but I have caught a phrase, or a few words out of nowhere. It sounds genuine, but it's like the sound is captured by the ear, but is spoken in the mind, with a slight echoing to it. It's weird. Normally it happens when I'm daydreaming, or about to go to sleep. Once I tried calling out with my mind to hear a voice, and all I got was an intellegible word.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Something happened to me at first, i heard them while i was almost asleep now i can hear them when i'm awake from time to time, do you think it might be a psi vampire attack or a attack from the astral plane???

I'm trying to learn psychic shielding it might be a good option for some of you also.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by Valkyr8

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by Valkyr8

I've been haveing ummm.... other experiences too, and they do go together. Both the weird language and other experiences.
Valkyr

Like what? Something sexual?

No nothing like that. I do not allow myself to dream like that. It's something very different. It's beyond the boarder of believability so I'll keep that to myself. I'm actually going to seek help from someone who knows about that sorta thing and has tons of experience in it. Strange things have been happening to me for the past week and I need to go to some one who understands and may be able to help me understand.

Why not post here? A lot of people experience these things, who knows maybe someone else knows what your talking about because it happens to them too.

Also I'm curious.

I'll say this much. I've had contact 3 times in the past week and this language preceedes the contact. I came here specifically in search of one man that could help me. But unfortunately this gentleman is not feeling well and is not responding to people for a little while.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

i have simular experiences i was thinking to myself the same thing you said about everyones experiences being so peaceful, mine are the exact opposite.. like yours

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

Demandred i tryed to u2u a message to you but it said i needed 20 post anyway i would like to hear more about your experiences and how you delt with them if u havent already addressed that since this post becuase i havent read any farther into the post yet

Originally posted by Demandred
wow i spat my coffee on my pc screen when i read the title of this thread, firstly i thought it was just me and i thought i was loosing my grip on reality. i feel alittle better now TBH lol

on the 3 times its happened to me my eyes would be closed but i can see the whole room around me perfectly if not alittle grey, then from out of nowhere would come this blood curddling scream somewhere further in the house and it would continue and come closer (like someone is runing towards me screaming) when it gets really close it startles me awake.

needless to say i dont experiment with it much any more i tend to shake and have an uneasy feeling for a while after it like there is something watching me.

every one elses experiences seem so peaceful i wonder why mine are so different

anyway..

first off ive been browsing this site for 2 years now and ive been checking it daily for about that past year and i decided to join after reading demandreds comment on the topic. like him/her i relized everyone's experience seemed peaceful and welcomed amd mine are the exact opposite, it all started when and friend of mine(who has also been an unregister brower of the site for sometime now) and I shared the same experience in the same room while asleep, he can tell the story better then i can, but something was attacking me and i was callin for help in my dream and in his dream he was actually in the downstairs bathroom when he heard me calling and when he came to help me something grab him and wouldnt let him get to me in this dream. i was calling him for help. i dont remember to many more details,but next he woke me up and asked if i was ok but after that intense/surrel dream/expereince i was confused then he went on to say that he heard me callin for help in his own dream and he knew something was wrong so when he went to come some kind of dark entity tryed to stop him. anyway for him to wake me up about a dream he had with no knowledge about my dream is further testimony to the surrealness of that experience. when he woke me and and asked me if i was ok the first thing i asked him was if i was yelling out loud when i was sleep and he said no i heard u in my dream,

any how this was the start of many individual experiences we've both had independant of each other , minus one more occurance which involed another person as well as us

but i wont go threw my whole chapter on "obe's" and such. anyone who wants to know ill share the rest of the stories

edit...... i would also like to hear from other people with simular expereinces

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Tetown]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Part of the reason I started coming back here to this site is because of articles I stumbled upon on mind control and the Phildelphia Experiment. My experiences aren't always warm and fuzzy either. This is some pretty crazy stuff, I don't really believe it myself, but, these things help me to cope. For a long time, since I was a kid, I have found that I have had to fight these psychic battles. Some force seemed to mess with my life, screw with my emotions, create timing problems in my interactions with the world, and this was a force I could sense, psychically. My solution was to battle against this force, and victory would drive the force away, these types of problems would go away, life would improve. This has been going on in my life ever since. Maybe I am only battling myself, who knows?

For the last decade I have sense this force getting stronger, and it was harder to defeat. There have been long periods of time, when my victories have been so complete, that this force disappears for a long time. The last few years, though, it seems this force can not be kept away, it is getting stronger and smarter. Lately I found a solution, I learned to hide from it. I created a fog around my persona, and this has worked very well. Another technique is reversals. Send the darkness back with amplified force.

Maybe this might help for some?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Tetown

I think thats normal and just part of evolution.I think you might have dreamed your friend into your dream after sensing someone/something was lurking about in your dream and wanted help.
I always think when Im in bed and one night was thinking about my bedroom door slamming hard and I couldnt get out and I had to confront something in my room.It wasnt until 2 days later that my eldest daughter said she had a dream 2 nights ago and she described it exactly like what I thought that night.I dont need to figure out if that was real,I know that was real and if your will and determination is strong enough you can pull anyone into your dreams.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
the voices you are hearing, if we hear the same ones are those fallen calling out to you, the dead that cant find there way. they do not neccesarily want "your" help but they want to be heard so that they are not forgotten. TV has it wrong, when someone dies with unfinished buissness they and they alone are the only ones that can finish it. so until they do they remain. these ghosts are programs that are hiding in a subliminal program of the Matrix the face deletion or they are not compatible with there upgrades and they are pretty much stuck in a glich cycle that cannot be broken until there place is filled by an identical program or upgrade that will complete there purpose.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
ok, i think we're onto something here, something of substance. this group is usually only speculation and arguments, but this is an unexplained experience that many of us have had. so heres my version

i think i was around 14/15 and i remember just as i was drifting off to sleep, i heard a jumble of voices talking over each other. there had to have been 20 or 30 voices all talking at the same time. i tried hard to concentrate, but i couldnt make out what any of them were saying. i was conscious enough to hear it, as though it was coming through my ears, but i knew i wasnt "hearing" it. it only happened to me once, and i still remember how odd it was.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
i think i was around 14/15 and i remember just as i was drifting off to sleep, i heard a jumble of voices talking over each other. there had to have been 20 or 30 voices all talking at the same time. i tried hard to concentrate, but i couldnt make out what any of them were saying. i was conscious enough to hear it, as though it was coming through my ears, but i knew i wasnt "hearing" it. it only happened to me once, and i still remember how odd it was.

Now right there is what I meant by a "multitude" over voices.
It is not that I am hearing one or two fragments of a sentence or words I am hearing multiple people talking at the SAME time!

I've even heard some shouting over top of other voices.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I don't hear voices. I have heard a door bell and a telephone. When checking both out, no one is there or on the phone.

I have also heard from another source that if you hear these things in your sleep or wide awake, that you are being sent "information" or "programming" from the Pleiadies. You are to meditate immediately.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Yes, it happens to me sometimes. Included with it I feel as if I am in a surreal state... sometimes not knowing where I am or even believing I am still awake. I've been told I can carry on a conversation in this mode, but later on not know or barely recollect that I was conversing.

Sometimes the voices keep me from falling asleep, as I am trying to figure out what's going on during that state of almost unconsciousness. Actually this has been something I've been experiencing and wondering about lately. However, was not able to put into words why I feel the way I do when trying to sleep.

Makes me wonder if it's a way I am connecting to another realm/spirits or even other people experiencing the same state of consciousness loss.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by dreamingawake]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
i've heard of occurances such as this but i was told that it is really spirits talking. i don't know though. a person i knew had the same thing happen to her for years but she said that it was spirits trying to get through to us, the living.
i hope this helps.
blessed be,
p.q.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by PaganQuetzal]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I have a friend who swears up and down that although he has never heard this multitude or their voices, he has seen them in mirrors a couple of times, he said they were crowding around eachother trying to push their way to "the front" as he described it, and he said the look of urgency and desperatiopn was identical on all of them, that would fit with some recent ideas on who they are and also on my own experience i felt they were just 100% completely insane with desperation and malice. I felt like they almost despised the living because they were jealous of them...that's my idea.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Thanks for the heads-up. Got some good background noise for work now, and might end up snagging a few of the books he mentions from Amazon.

So far I am 50ish minutes through Part 1, some of the stuff is sort of "out there" but I can understand that he is exploring some unusual areas and what he says is subject to interpretation.

Got any more good resources you would like to share?

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Symbiote]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I've shown this thread to a friend of mine who says that you shouldn't be concerned unless it prevents you from getting the rest you need or unless you begin to start understanding and indentifying specific voices that begin to talk directly to you, give you instructions, make requests of you, discuss opinions of other people, places and/or things with you and so on. If that should occur you should seek spiritual and medical advice. But be sure to get both types of advice, not just one or the other and consult your family as well.

Eagan Thorn

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Snakeonadragonsback

I almost always reach for my phone or think it's ringing about 10-15 seconds before it actually does. I don't know if I can "sense" some sort of wave coming in or what, it's strange.

As far as the voices go, this is something that happens to me on a regular basis. Someone in an earlier post mentioned voices building in volume and also music. I get both of those a lot too. Faces as well..

First time I've posted here, nice thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Snakeonadragonsback

long time reader, first time poster because your post stuck a nerve with me. I dont have these experiences often but do from time to time. The last one was about two years ago and scared the crap out of me and i try to subconsciously avoid having the 'awareness' of other entities since then.

I find that it tends to happen when i sleep over at my mum's house which seems to have an energy around it. The lady who sold us the place alluded to it and mentioned that it only came about after her husband passed away there.

My last experience was of me falling asleep but then 'waking up' because someone was lying down next to me. They were also talking right in my ear but had a very sinister element to them. When i subconsciously questioned their motives for being in my bed, i got a crushing feeling around me and experienced SP. It was very unnerving as i could not move and knew that there was someone right there holding me forcefully.

My mother is a very spiritual person and has always encouraged all her kids to learn a special passage from the Quran to recite if something like that happens so i started reciting as taught over and over again. Next thing i know is that i wake up in the morning feeling very sick and spooked....

The whole experience was so real and vivid that i could even feel the entity on my skin. It was too real to be just a mind thing.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread. For i dont know how many years i've had something similar happen to me. I always figured that i wasn't alone though i was surprised to see just how many people have had something like this happen. Here's what ive experienced.
For many years before falling asleep i would hear voices. Sometimes it would be people from my past or present, it would be just one word or a phrase, never a whole sentence. Most often, it was someone, male and female in voice, just talking or a one word phrase. Often it was right before i drifted off to sleep and many times loud enough to wake me to full consciousness. Most of the time, it was my name that was said, of the ones i can remember. I come from a family that has a history of weirdness in its bloodlines and i myself am a pagan in belief (for lack of a better descriptor; its complicated), so i am fully aware of the psychic realm and things like that. I used to lay in bed and hear people talking in my living room as though they were in a far off place, sounded like a crowded bar, and as i sleep so lightly and have insomnia badly i would have to set up and tell them to "Shut the #!%* up im trying to sleep here!", which they would do, and as i was usually still consciously awake when that happened its not the same thing as those voices that seem to come out of the ether when i was about to fall asleep, i.e. just about to lose consciousness.
I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but for the last 5 or 6 years i haven't had that happen to me anymore. One of my ex's used to say that i would, every night after falling to sleep, would say "Uh Hun." (as in No) and i never remembered that at all. I am a bit strange in person anyway so none of this has ever really freaked me out. Every so often i will have a one word voice come now days, but it used to be every night.
Whether this is because of enhanced awareness to the spirit world, the ramblings of the unconscious mind or something else i really don't know, but it never felt like a per say ghostly or spiritual phenomena to me, as i have had those too and they are far dif in perception that the voices i heard before falling fully asleep. I also wonder why it is that i haven't had this happen in a number of years too.
Great post and its good to see the community here for the most part engaged in a civil debate for a change.

s.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join