It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Between Asleep and Awake: Do you hear voices?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Hello,

There is a state between being asleep and being awake that when I enter into it I begin hearing a multitude of people talking to one another. I mean it is a lot of random pieces of conversation and I know they aren't coming from me. I stated trying to hold the moment to hear what was being said but it's not easy because in that state I am slipping off to being fully asleep. At this point also...there is a low pitch hum in my ears.

This has only been happening within the last six years.

The voices are not familiar. There are tons of them. Male and female. Layered on each other. It sounds like people having conversations with one another. Some of the voices are in other languages. Only a few times have one of the voices addressed me but it was amid the sea of voice. Once was a warning the other a verbal attack. Both were very quick, as if the speaker had little time to direct something at me. Once I was listening and I heard someone say "Pick another language" so that I couldn't understand what was being said. That surprised me.

The scarier part is hearing a language you didn't know existed. That language has a strange echo effect embedded in it.

When this happens it is almost as if I am tapping into a phone line, or some sort of vast stream of consciousness. Like logging onto the internet to get information. The thing is that I feel some of those talking are aware of me too.

There is a lot more to it than I am adding, but for now I just want to know if anyone else is going through this?

- Lee

[edit on 16-8-2008 by lee anoma]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
OMG! That happens to me almost every time I'm falling asleep!

It's just random quotes like out of the middle of a conversation. I can't remember when this started 'cause it seems like it's happened to me my whole life.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
You're not the only one ... Only when i'm really tired and drift off do i hear the voices , when i start to concentrate on the voices they stopped. Since then i've moved my bed 90 degrees and havent heard a thing since.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Hello,

When this happens it is almost as if I am tapping into a phone line, or some sort of vast stream of consciousness.

IMO that hit the nail on the head, lot of people hear the same thing when crossing over into sleep or meditating for a long time, it's like all of us really are connected... and the reality that's hard to see comes into focus for just a brief moment.

This stuff is very real though, one example of how mainstream it's getting is this... most "Christians" are so against anything "new age" etc etc and would blow a gasket on talking about this sorta thing, but a host on christian radio said something like this -

"When my son and I have a disagreement, we meditate and leave our bodies, then meet up in the astral plane to discuss the problem."

WTF? Even mainstream Christians =p

Every try lucid dreaming or astral projection? Sounds like you aren't too far off

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Hello,

To answer the question of the topic: Yes, I do and I also can produce images. Why? I am not sure, but I have a hunch.

I'll explain this best way I can, and I don't need you to accept it as a fact because I myself do not know whether it is fact or not; this is not my idea, but something that has been suggested to me when consulting the dead. This needs little bit background info however, so I'll begin:

In traditional alchemy, there exists a way to enter another realms, or planes of existence. Especially the Astral plane is now under our scrutiny. To enter these different planes of existence, one need to be silent, doing nothing and mediate oneself to be close of the dreamstate, between asleep and awake, so that you can hold on your consciousness, but yet access the unconsciousness. Then think how vivid are some dreams? You can actually smell and feel in dreams if they are lively enough! So it is not surprising, that when one is at this 'twilight zone', he'll begin to hear, feel and see things. Furthermore, if the consciousness can be preserved well enough (takes practice), one can create images and so on, just like one wants to. He then animates his own toughtforms in Astral Plane. It is no way reality - everything in Astral is false to some extent, but they may become reality if you master the magick well enough.

So the Astral Plane really is an imaginary place, where all kind of ideologies and ideas takes their pre-form. It is our imagination, animated by our parts of brain that can form images in dreamstate - but these parts are accessed and controlled consciously in meditative state.

But because there is something known as collective unconsciousness, one adept enough can learn how to access this part of this 'unreal' plane. Forgive me when I say 'unreal', for I don't mean that it does not exist. It does, but not in physical worlds before they get form in material (i.e mother). So the seed really is an imaginary thought in Astral plane, consciouss act or not. And when the father casts his seed into the mother, a form is starting to take place and it becomes 'real'. So, collective unconsciousness is in a way more objective than our personal one - it is shared by all the people, creatures and stuff alike. It withelds the archetypes of our global mind, and I think we are speaking of legendary Gaia when we talk about collective unconsciousness. There the forms that affect whole sphere of our existence takes place before they appear in the material level.

I feel like I should stop now, so I'll do that. Best regards,

PS. If you like read more about what I tried to explain above, please visit my thread: Explaining the occult - the interconscious and astral.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
wow, this thread reminded me of something that happened just over four years ago. my mother was pregnant and in the hospitle for about a day. it was late in the evening, around 11 or 12. i was only 13 at the time. i remember when i was going to sleep i got a wierd feeling like i wasn't laying there, i started seeing blue blob like shapes behind my eyes, it kept morphing into abstract looking shapes and a few times i got it to change to a reddish purple color. i started to get that wierd feeling in my eyes and i heard a low buzz, it was so defined i could almost feel it. after a while i could make out what looked like a backround of a room, everything was light blue in color, and i heard voices. i couldn't make out what was being said but there was a wierd effect to the sounds, like it was really in a room. while i was trying to make out what was happening the phone rang, scared the crap out of me. my dad peeked through my door turned on the lights and told me that my brother had been born, i got a shiver up my spine because of what i had just experienced. it was crazy. since then i've been trying to dream lucidly, and i can actually make multicolored images in my mind. as far as OOB's i can't get a hold of how to do it right, i guess i should just stop trying so hard and let it happen.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yes it's happened, and it sound as real as hearing it with my physical ears.

It's kind of like tuning into radio channels, hearing people talk lol.

Usually this is the moment just before OBE/Astral Projection/lucid dreaming/falling asleep

[edit on 16-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I have heard the same thing for years (on and off), but also see faces that go along with it. At first I tried my hardest to understand what they were saying, but now I just let them be. If they have a pertinent message they usually convey it in a dream.

My suggestion to you is to let it go. Accept it and let it move on to the next stage where you can interact. This is the fun part.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Yeah I totally agree there is something occurring between the conscience and unconscience state. I sort attribute this to dream state, but they are definitely auditory and visual hallucinations.

I had a psychiatrist tell me that the human brain stores short term experiences in the hippocampus, and that at night when you enter REM state.... your brain tries to "process" that information into the frontal lobe (long term memory). There is a trauma technique called EMDR which simulates REM state, and can produce the same auditory and visual hallucination experience. I did it 3 times and it absolutely blew me away.

Also, certain drugs.. (and I am not condoning) such as '___', Nitrous Oxide, etc can make you super realistic hallucinations. In the past I played with this alot. Taking myself to semi-conscience state I would see all kinds of bizarre things, however I would think to myself "There is no way I could have made that up". I really believe there is something to this, and dreams are misunderstood. Almost like you are communicating/recieving some form of intelligence other than your own. I have no proof of this because you may just playing with your own mind (which you are) but it sure feels like a supernatural experience.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
sorry for the tiny post or if it was already said.

but could it be from freqiencies in the air from radio, cell phone, etc etc.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I work split shifts and only get about 5 hours sleep during a 24 hours period, so I am drifting into twilight quite often.

So I too get startled awake as I am drifting with sudden shouts of words. On one occasion my name was shouted. So I know its now a cell phone or wireless signal being tapped into.

I have tried to stay in twilight but fail. I think I should take up meditation, it might help me to control it.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yeah, i too hear voices before falling asleep. And i also see things with my eyes closed. It's been happening for as long as i can remember, i always thought it's normal, but strange enough, i never even asked myself if others experience this too, until now.

My guess is that it's just our brains starting to dream when we're not fully asleep yet, but who knows.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yes, I have heard voices. Sometimes they call my name. Sometimes there are several engaged in a conversation among themselves.

I am not sure if this is related or not, but I found it fascinating. That is you can modulate an electric motor with sound like you modulate a speaker. I am pretty sure this only applies to direct current motors, but I could be, and am often proven wrong. To experiment all you need to do is hook up a small toy motor to the headphone leads on an mp3 player. Just take a broken pair of headphones and snip off the phones and expose the wire leads. Solder them to the toy motor and plug it in to the headphone jack. Crank up the volume all the way.

[edit on 8-16-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I thought I would add my own similar experiences. I have started meditation recently and I have found that if I focus my mind before drifting off to sleep and I ask specific questions, I get answers in return. I know it may sound crazy but this only happens when I ask for guidance and than quiet my mind. The answers I receive ALWAYS make sense. I am sure that this is a real phenomenon. The voices are definetly not my own and they always startle me out of my meditative state. I think when we are really tired and our minds slow down or when we mediatate to focus, we are able to tap into another realm. I have also read about hypnagogic states but in my experience this is not the case because as I said this only happens when I specifically ask for guidance and the answers always make sense. I think you should try to communicate as I do. Just focus your mind through meditation and ask.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by star_gazer

I've had similar experiences. I even once asked the name of one whom I received answers from, first he told that it isn't important but after some persuasion he told me some odd name which I was not able to remember afterwards. Anyway, I once read from somewhere about these techniques, and that source mentioned that one method to get into this connection is by asking questions! I see it has worked for somebody else as well

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yes, this happens to me. A lot, lol. I think Tapped In had the right idea: just let it happen. There is nothing to fear from it so relax.

What I find to be odd, though, is when I am in that between state and my body jumps. It feels like I landed back in bed from at least 5 feet in the air. I always laugh at it because it is a funny sensation, but it is weird.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
OMG! That happens to me almost every time I'm falling asleep!

It's just random quotes like out of the middle of a conversation. I can't remember when this started 'cause it seems like it's happened to me my whole life.

Thanks for the response.

You know it could have started earlier than I stated BUT I only started noticing it in the last few years. During the day there is nothing like this occurring in my mind but in that moment it is as you described. Random statements.

As I said only once or twice were they seeming to be directed at me. The first time was when I heard it and I specifically heard one person shout above the other voices at me and say "you have a powerful spirit on you!" It was so loud it woke me up. The second time was when I heard someone say something very cold and it sort of made my heart race. I was thinking and speaking aloud (as I sometimes do) about "beings" or rather their lack of concern for humanity and that time when I was going to sleep I heard "I don't give a damn about you". It frightened me so I woke up and tried to put it out of my mind...but as I was falling asleep again I heard it repeated in the same cruel way.

I don't know...it is very strange.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jomie-ky

Originally posted by lee anoma
Hello,

When this happens it is almost as if I am tapping into a phone line, or some sort of vast stream of consciousness.

IMO that hit the nail on the head, lot of people hear the same thing when crossing over into sleep or meditating for a long time, it's like all of us really are connected... and the reality that's hard to see comes into focus for just a brief moment.

Thats for the response, and yes I have come to believe this to be the case. I swear it is like being connected to an information highway. I even feel like some people are aware that I am there too. Not all it seems, or they don't really care that I am listening and continue talking.

I have been able to hold the moment to. I wanted to do this to listen to what was being said, even though it's fragments of conversations. It works now that I have been able to semi-concentrate and lay in bed between being sleep and awake. I try not to think because my thoughts I believe are being heard so I just focus on listening to conversations without adding to them.

There is nothing really useful I have heard aside from some very strange statements about the world and other "beings" but it sure is fascinating.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
What I find to be odd, though, is when I am in that between state and my body jumps. It feels like I landed back in bed from at least 5 feet in the air. I always laugh at it because it is a funny sensation, but it is weird.

During this time it feels like my spirit is moving around inside my body. That is the only way to describe it. It is very dizzying in a sense. Like my spirit is lurching left and right.
I forgot to mention that.

Sounds similar to what you are saying.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
yea guys watch David Wilcock's interviews on GoogleVideo! as soon as he wakes up he writes all of his random thoughts down, sometimes amounting to 8 pages or so. he's been doing this for years! he can explain this whole thread topic in his interviews and lectures - watch!

video.google.com...

..and part 4 is VERY interesting!!

i guarantee you all can learn something from him! watch and see!

[edit on 16-8-2008 by adrenochrome]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join