It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Between Asleep and Awake: Do you hear voices?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Great thread! I just experience vivid auditory and visual "hallucinations" last night. I saw disturbing images and heard people asking me for help. I also saw a weird "alien" being that seemed like he wanted me to come with him. I believe this is part of the astral realm, as I have astral traveled before and received similar sensations. Our minds our crazy devices and I don't think there are any scientific explanations for why we would get these type of images. Hynogogic sensations maybe but it's impossible to know what truly makes our minds shape what we perceive as reality.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred
wow i spat my coffee on my pc screen when i read the title of this thread, firstly i thought it was just me and i thought i was loosing my grip on reality. i feel alittle better now TBH lol

on the 3 times its happened to me my eyes would be closed but i can see the whole room around me perfectly if not alittle grey, then from out of nowhere would come this blood curddling scream somewhere further in the house and it would continue and come closer (like someone is runing towards me screaming) when it gets really close it startles me awake.

needless to say i dont experiment with it much any more i tend to shake and have an uneasy feeling for a while after it like there is something watching me.

every one elses experiences seem so peaceful i wonder why mine are so different

It wasn't peaceful at first, trust me! It is just that you don't know what to expect and when it happens it takes you by surprise that you freak out.

The trick is to learn how to stay calm, when you feel you are sensing this feelings, just say to yourself that this is perfectly normal, that everything is OK. (Sounds lame, but that is all it takes)

I'll share an experience that happened to me about a week ago:
I was tired, it was close to 1am and decided to go to bed, while in the transition of OBE I sensed something was watching me and I didn't feel safe to proceed with OBE but to ensure this didn't happen again, I said out loud (in my OBE State sort to speak) "Who ever you are, you need to get the hell out of here, you don't belong in here with me and I demand you disappear right now!" Believe it or not, whether it was my mind playing tricks on me or there was an actual being there, it went away on command.
I didn't feel scared, I didn't freak out but just felt uneasy with its presence and decided to terminate that session and went to sleep.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
Yes, this happens to me. A lot, lol. I think Tapped In had the right idea: just let it happen. There is nothing to fear from it so relax.

What I find to be odd, though, is when I am in that between state and my body jumps. It feels like I landed back in bed from at least 5 feet in the air. I always laugh at it because it is a funny sensation, but it is weird.

ive had that its pretty weird! Happens quite alot but i don't hear voices, maybe if i concentrate hard enough it will happen for me or maybe it just takes time... I am only 17 and have witnessed, seen and heard some unexplainable and extrodinary things, but never had "The Voices" Sounds quite eerie to me! Would'nt like voices keeping me awake before i sleep!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Great! This has happened to me too

Your description is 100% correct but I didn't get the feeling they are aware of me. My experiences:

-Two ladies 30-50yrs old chatting
-one male 30-50yrs old talking (sounded like a business professional)
-a male talking in a unknown language

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Yes i hear voices like this sometimes.
To be honest i thought i was just going insane or something

for me its hard to keep up with the words being spoken
there's just to many voices to try and lock onto one specific voice.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Lee,
In regards to your OP, yes... I do.. but with all due respect, I must ask you one simple question: For the sake of logic,
Do you own a clock-radio alarm-clock?
If so, do you wake up to it?
If not... are you set to your own body clock?

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet here, but I figured I would ask nonetheless.
Not to offend but I have had the same thing happen as of late, when I had my alarm clock set to wake me at a certain time... I was always hearing these weird things, bursts of craziness and world changing events... every time I was waking up... then I found out that the significant other had switched the alarm from my ambient CD to NPR Radio. Joke's on me I guess.

So, lets dig a little deeper shall we...
"The Waking Life" as it is sometimes termed: is that in-between the sleep and waking state that we all experience is when REM (sleep) is most active as far as my researching mind recalls. I also remember reading somewhere that the "lucid" state is most active during REM sleep, right before waking. Now this (waking life) happens at least several times during sleeping, so the experts say.

Seriously, this subject interests me... as I feel that the time spent during dreams (by a person) is no less important than what is accomplished in their day-to-day lives. The human mind is an amazing thing, and that is an understatement. I agree with the feeling of sometimes "tapping in" to something you refer to as the phonelines or internet, which might once again be an understatement.... but it is the dark side of of lives.

So I must ask everyone.... here.
where do you think this information comes from?
Might it be stored in our brains from successive generations (hereditary) or something else?

If not, and we are tapping into something else.... where does it come from?

Sorry for the rant, but you all have me wondering now...

T-

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ive had this experience all my life. Sometimes one of the voices will get a little bit louder than the others and I hear them more clearly. Sometimes it is in a foreign language
. I hate it when they call my name though because I feel like Im in trouble.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

Interesting.... it has only been until recently that I have auditory effects while dreaming, up until then I had always thought the dream state to be visual only. Have you had this sensation all the while?

T-

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Very, very interesting!
I cannot say that I have experienced this, I would like to if I have the ability to turn it on and off at will, but as yet, no.

I do sometimes get vivid images of things, some in respects of the previous days enigmas, some not correlating to anything I have every faced. Sometimes the images are mundane, sometimes profound, sometimes nothing at all.

I am curious as to what ALL you are hearing, are they just voices, is there music? Are there sounds of ceramic or glass, metal, wood, plastic, etc? Do you hear patterns, Morse code, any type of audio sequences? The volume, is it consistent?

Of those with similar experiences to the OPs experience and of course the OP, have you had any surgery between 1962 and 1978? Any kind at all, tonsils removed, gastro-intestinal, gall bladder, kidney, any kind of surgery in which you had to be under anesthesia?

You or others may have already made statements in respect to these questions, but I wanted to jot them down before I forgot them all.

If anyone has these similar experiences, but feels uneasy about it, you may u2u them to me, I would appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
When i go to sleep i think about music.

Somtimes the music i am creating in my head sounds like im at a live concert its that vivid in sound. I have been doing this for years. Also the music that i create when im dosing off is so complicated in structure and sound that i can not recreate as it is just so complex but it sounds amazing in my head at the time.
I have created drum solos in my head that i could not do in real life as im not a drummer but i can tell u this it was like listening to a drum solo at a rock concert with reverbs and crowds of hundreds cheering, i dont know how this happens but it sounds amazing and real.

I do write my own music using tools i have for PC so this might have somthing to do with it but for realism of the sounds and effects its got to come from somewhere.

Maybe it has sumthing to do with the Theta brain State or something.

i have never really heard voices though.

but next time you in that state of mind try and changing it to a drum beat then slowly add different instruments to it and let it take on its own and visualize it in your head. works for me great

[edit on 17/8/08 by Ezappa]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

[fonti=Tahoma]Text[/font]TextText Black

i have had noises since as long as i can remember. i am 50. i never understand what is being said, but i hear multiple voices as once. i thought maybe i was sensitive to the other side and many people wanted to ask or speak to me. it seems that in the last few years it is getting less frequent.
to be honest, i miss the 'voices'. i told my psych. professor in college about the noise before i fell asleep and he looked at me as if i had 3 heads.
my friend's son who is 9 tells her he does not like to go to sleep because he hears the "sounds" too. I explained that is what i hear too and she seemed relieved.
i was happy to read about everyone's experience because i know now that i am not alone.

thanks,
janet

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by telemetry
Lee,
In regards to your OP, yes... I do.. but with all due respect, I must ask you one simple question: For the sake of logic,
Do you own a clock-radio alarm-clock?
If so, do you wake up to it?
If not... are you set to your own body clock?

Yes I have an alarm clock, but as I said it happens as I am "going" to sleep, not as I am waking. I have been waking up to an alarm clock off an on for decades now so I would certainly know the difference if that were the case.

It's more of a buzz though and not radio when it comes on.

Thanks!

- Lee

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

Ah yes.

This is what I have come to understand. I didn't explain the other details of what happens fully but I have felt what you are describing as true. I even closed my eyes once and said "I'm going to leave my body" and felt I was doing just that! I sort of panicked and opened my eyes really fast and when i did the whole room was like ripples...like reality was a pond and someone dropped a stone in it. It settled after a while. That was the only time I ever did anything like that while awake.

I should add that in that state the bedroom becomes less like a bedroom and more like a concept. I can see parts of my random thoughts manifesting in it.

Also in that state other people are already in the room. When I awake though they are "gone".

Of course I know that they are still there.

Sometimes I have had very enlightening experiences with being there, sometimes their have been deceptions where being try and use a form I know sometimes I see them fighting over what one was trying to do to me and sometimes I am attacked.

I grabbed one of the beings there and described my interaction in this thread.
All of this takes place in what one is lead to believe to be a dream.

Only it's not.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Thanks for the clarification Lee,

Like I previously stated, audio (voices/sounds) between the dream and waking state are relatively new to me... and quite strange also. Good thread, as it should prove to be interesting.

S&F

top of the mornin' (or g'nite) to ya!
T-

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
The astral plane is what you imagine it to be, but then is it not real at least in your mind? But then where is your mind if there's a place inside it?

Deja Vu is normal, and as they say, "DON'T PANIC in really big bold letters."

I have no way of course of knowing if you will see this (being anonymous) but could you please explain what you meant by this?

Why did you say this?

Who is "they"?

- Lee

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
In the Asatru religion, it is said that you can use seidhr magic to call on the Gods to talk to you during this time.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yeh I have this everytime i fall asleep. Lots of people talking and you try and work out what they say and then it fades away. I get visual images as well... This morning when i woke up i still felt very much connected to my "dream state" that it felt like i was still finishing up there whilst being physically awake.

Ive heard my name being called out many times, and on occasions i have heard people directly talking to me... the other week i remember someone talking to me and telling me to remember it.. and i tried really hard but as i slowly zoned out of hearing everyone I forgot what i was meant to remember and only remembered that i was meant to remember something!

Great post!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yes, I too have these experiences every week.
I am lying in bed, in the darkness almost alseep, and the voice starts out very quietly.

Then it gets gradually louder and louder.

Then all of a sudden, all the lights come on and my Wife is standing over me yelling, "Did you take the trash out ?"

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyhurtsu
what are you talking about........you are always asleep ...you only think you are awake

those are noises coming from the other dimensions. Learn to stay awake/conscious and you can become aware of where they lead to. Sometimes we tune into images first or sounds, then we latch onto them and enter the other worlds. But you havent stored enough energy to remember what u did when u come back.

Which is why I wake up and I am exhausted.
I hear a lot of that is going around.

I do remember going to places though at times, and interacting with "people" however I have found out later that some of the beings I have seen are reflected in some ancient Sumerian sculptures so this is the most confusing part of all. Either that or they are giant human beings, or squat bleach white robust creatures with head like a sideways football.

Sometimes they fight with each other over what is happening to me. Sometimes I am accused, or taught or some female humanoid is trying to seduce me. And of course there are the shadows that wear bowler hats.

I asked one humanoid why am I involved in this and can you tell me what I am supposed to do and I am told:

"Although some people learn to feel the way they do, you were made to feel the way you do. They said "you can't teach him". Look up."

Something strange is going on for sure.
I don't believe I am just dreaming these things.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepy ALEX
The voices could be side effects from smoking weed or any other drug that causes hallucanations.

Thanks but that is being a bit presumptive.

I've ignored all the drug realted responses but I will say this once:
I don't do illegal drugs, I don't smoke weed or tobacco, and I don't drink alcohol.

I have a glass of merlot or cabernet every now and then but that is it.
I wouldn't know where to buy weed if it WAS legal.

- Lee

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join