It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the sale and consumption of alcohol – be further restricted, or even banned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Would like your opinion on whether Alcohol should be further restricted or even banned.

Recently there was talks or even action of further restricting or banning Alcohol in certain places.

I think this is utter rubbish. Banning Alcohol is absolutely pathetic - and in this day and age is probably impossible.

Further restrictions apply for underage buyers/drinkers but banning it completely is just stupid. The legal age here in Australia to buy alcohol is 18. I think its 21? in the United states.

Anyway point being - 99.9% of people drink some kind of Alcoholic drink. If they were to ban Alcohol, would it increase the use of other drugs? I would rather my kids drink, than do something that is 100X more harmful.

Anyway im going to grab a :w:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

I hope not, cause I am drinking now lol!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

haha What are you drinking? Ive got a nice cold Jack Daniels.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Prohibition caused more problems than it solved in the past. I can't see this becoming a reality again.
Legal drinking age here in Canada is 19.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDN24
haha What are you drinking? Ive got a nice cold Jack Daniels.

Oh I am drinking White Russians lol!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
If you put alcohol underground then it would be even more tempting for the younger kids to get hold of it illegaly, it would be a stupid move to make it illegal.

The same goes for a certain plant, if it was legalised it would be less tempting and more controllable.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I am pissed off about how restricted the liqour stores are right now! In the state of Minnesota the liqour stores are closed on Sundays by law and I think that is really stupid.

Heck there are some areas in the U.S. called "dry zones" where a particular city bands all sales of alcohol and possession of alcohol. So in some areas, prohibition is still alive and well.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

blame the people that go out wasted in public places
and make an ass of them selves, in most cases costing the tax payer money

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Welll..... like the OP Im in Aus, and Im drinking right about now. It tasts pretty good, esp cos I dont have to work tomorrow
Im not fussed where they ban drinking as long as its not banned at my house or the clubs/pubs I go to.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Bodrul, I don't think that denying the sale of liqour on Sundays has anything to do with drunken idiots. It had to do with a belief that people shouldn't drink on the day of the sabbath.

i am pretty sure in most of the "dry" cities of the U.S., the reasons are more of a religious on than anything else.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Heym Proabition worked so good the first time, why not bring it back...

I am only half-way kidding...

Proabition was terrible...

But some people did benifiet off of it, namely, the Kennedys... But many other 'major' politicians families made there fortune Running alchohal during the Proabition period...

But, considering the cash the goverment is RAKING in by keeping majijuania illigal, they don't need to worry about alchohal...

new topics

top topics

join