It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Is my Grandfather a time traveler or a joker?[HOAX]

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Vector J

I'm sorry, but are you serious? Or was there some underlying humour in saying that that's passed me by?

If you do have such things, a discussion on them would be excellent, though I can imagine posting scans or such could prove problematic...

Yes I am SERIOUS

Yes I have such things

No I don't need to post scans as I have the PDF's

Yes I have ALREADY POSTED them in several threads..

At least you paid attention to my post
You get a star for that

[edit on 23-12-2012 by zorgon]

PS It is also noted that YOU are the ONLY one who caught it and/or showed interest

This is why I don't waste my time in some threads

[edit on 16-8-2008 by zorgon]

zorgon ..... pls englight me! WHY is this thread still alive???

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alferd Packer
Someones a Joker.....thats the bottom line. I smell something, its heavy and is just hovering in the air.....

Oops, choking in me Mango Juice

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oh boy, where to start. Hoax or not, that is incredibly detailed work! First off, I am not a scientist, so I will speak of things that I know. I have a bachelor's degree in English and there were some things I noticed that tend to make me think this is a hoax of either you or your grandfather.

1) The tone of the manuel is very laid back, it even jokes with the reader at times. Normally manuels don't do this, they are straight forward and serious. As serious as this information would be, and since this manuel was put out by whatever government that existed at that time, I think it rather odd at how the tone is set within it.

2) Wording. We are talking about a very long time into the future and yet there seems to be no basic word differences. I see such words as 'E.E.', but who knows what that is. You would think that after a hundred years or more there would be additional words in the language that would show up in the manuel... but there are not (other than 'EE' and some new kind of bomb).

3) Lunar Helium Mines. Ok, I'm no scientist, but this one struck out like a sore thumb and you guys will have to tell me if I'm mistaken or not. There is no Helium on the moon to mine is there?

So those 3 areas lead me to conclude that this is bogus material either planted as a joke by the Grandfather or made entirely by the poster. Either way, it is an incredible amount of information and scientific knowledge (whether it is all correct, I do not know).

Thanks for an excellant read either way my friend!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

zorgon ..... pls englight me! WHY is this thread still alive???

who says it is alive

we seem to be beating a dead horse

why are we beating a dead horse

because we will beat the dead horse till the mods close the thread

this is common at ATS

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo
3) Lunar Helium Mines. Ok, I'm no scientist, but this one struck out like a sore thumb and you guys will have to tell me if I'm mistaken or not. There is no Helium on the moon to mine is there?

Actually, not that I discount the possibility of this being a very well elaborated hoax, but there is actually helium 3 on the Moon.

Researchers and space enthusiasts see helium 3 as the perfect fuel source: extremely potent, nonpolluting, with virtually no radioactive by-product. Proponents claim its the fuel of the 21st century. The trouble is, hardly any of it is found on Earth. But there is plenty of it on the moon.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

EE is Earth Empire.. It was previously stated in the manual..

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by manticore

Thanks Manticore... that is way cool. I did not know this.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thuggin

Thanks Thuggin... I was skimming some of it and missed that. Wonder what the story is behind the Aliens that attacked us in the story? Did you catch that?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sounds like their design for their first time machine worked much like the one built 4500 years ago in Egypt. I don't know about your grandfather, but time travel forward and backward already exists. Its just that none of your guys have been asked to participate. Its mostly mental and conceptual not so much technological.

As far as your documents are concerned; showing them has changed the future forever.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I am a Master Code Writer, most of my codes have been tested by a military cryptologist and no one has ever broken any of my codes. Not even the military or police can break my codes. As I have been studying and developing codes since the 3rd grade. These days most cryptologist specialize in digital encryption but lack in physical codes. I am one of the few who specialize in physical codes.

IF YOU COULD PLEASE EMAIL ME A COPY OF THE WHOLE DOCUMENT YOU TALK OF HERE ON THIS SITE. I WILL STUDY IT AND TELL YOU MY ANALYSIS.... Could I please have a copy of this, as I must have the entire document to analyse it, and determine if it has some sort of embeded code.

Please email me at [email protected] with subject of "analysis request"

Thanks,
Cannon N. C.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Azazelus

Actually the burn marks that were made could be real, as with any book thrown into a fire- the fire will burn from the outside to the middle and will not eat the whole book at once, but someone had to have taken it out immediately after it being thrown in. I am not in favor of this post beeing real, it really does look like a hoax, the president's signature looks like a kid wrote it, the logo I know I have seen before! but i cannot seem to remember where and i tried researching it with no luck, anyone else recognize it?? It's also poorly worded, almost 8th grade to 9th grade level.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is totally fake, but I don't care. The story is really compelling and I've enjoyed reading it. You oughtn't waste these talents trying to hoax people on the Internet!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Maybe just maybe his grandfather burned the documents in this way so if it ever got into the wrong hands people would write it off as a fake?

Can you even imagine what would happen if this was true...
To be honest I think this is possibly real, grammar mistakes... big deal their language may be slightly different from ours - the president name also interests me like it said, if one guy was killed nature would compensate to a similar man.

Perhaps their president is called something else here?
I'm guessing if his grandfather couldn't get back then the organization that he worked for doesn't exist in this universe - I find it interesting that we're not the original universe which I think a lot of you can't get your heads round...

Research W.B Smith some of his research to do with the way the universe is actually set to work is not so different from some of the stuff in this manual.

You have to look beyond the grammar and the burn marks you have to understand this could been done for any number of reasons.

I'm sure as hell that any of the government officials that investigate into this will, they will be looking at the science...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

this sounds like a takeoff on the john titor saga. a false one.

The moon does not have vast stores of He. CO2 and water, yes,

from the clementine missions...

More to the point, the quantum tunneling and time machines powered by injecting electrons (for forward travel) and positrons (for backwards travel) seems too simplified for a graduate of a future time bureau.

Just reading Michio Kaku's early 'hyperspace' work in 1994, one could fabricate this. Including a dumbed down graham-wheeler-everett multiple world/universe quantum view.

And the spelling errors were atrocious, error #1. But it got our attention, did it not?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by manticore

i should have read manticore's post more carefully. indeed there is an isotope of helium on the moon:

The moon may also contain a potentially valuable future energy resource in the form of the isotope helium-3. Helium-3 is a small component of solar wind, streams of charged particles ejected from the sun that have bombarded objects in the solar system for billions of years, says nuclear engineer Gerald Kulcinski of the University of Wisconsin at Madison. Helium-3 exists in Earth’s interior, but there is little at the surface; planets with a magnetic field or an atmosphere — including Mercury, which has a magnetic field, Venus, which has a thick atmosphere and Earth, which has both — are protected from the plasma streams, and thus don’t accumulate the isotope. That leaves the moon as the closest object in the solar wind’s path, and helium-3 has been piling up in the regolith for 4.5 billion years, Kulcinski says.

The isotope’s importance lies in its potential to become a clean source of nuclear energy, Kulcinski says. “We never think of the moon as a source of energy, but there’s 10 times more energy in helium-3 on the moon than there ever was in fossil fuels on Earth,” he says.

Fusing two atoms of helium-3 together produces an efficient, long-lived fuel with no radioactivity — an improvement over today’s commercial nuclear energy, produced by the fission, or splitting apart, of the nucleus of uranium or plutonium atoms. Researchers are also investigating energy produced by the fusion of two isotopes of hydrogen, deuterium and tritium, which produces shorter-lived waste — but that reaction also generates large amounts of damaging radioactivity.

But the helium-helium reaction is very difficult to produce in the laboratory, and the technology to make helium-3 mining commercially viable does not yet exist, Kulcinski says. Still, he says, some countries, particularly Russia, China and Japan, have expressed an interest in mining the isotope on the moon. NASA acknowledges helium-3 as one of many potential moon-based commercial applications, but only much further down the line, Gibrech says. “Our main task is creating capability — we’re envisioning this not just as a NASA lab, but a feeder for industrial and commercial activities.”

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo

Originally posted by Thuggin

Thanks Thuggin... I was skimming some of it and missed that. Wonder what the story is behind the Aliens that attacked us in the story? Did you catch that?

According to him.. We ally with the a outer alien force.. and Im guessing Earth ends all wars and unites.. Seeing that it says Empire.. It seem a bit too far'fetched for me..

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
resize your scans. PLEASE!!! I will re-read through the rest of the pages... but post the whole thing... This is a HUGE correlation with titor.. give us the whole scoop. Show the whole pages. RESIZE YOUR SCANS!!!!!!!.

Please.

Pretty please.

Truly.
please

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
That is very, well odd. It looks legit, but the pages were cut off. Could you get them up anytime soon?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Just click on the scans and they will show up in imageshack as the full pages. Once the imageshack page has opened (make sure your computer allows popups from this site) you can enlarge them to full size and even print them out.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tegmondy

The answer is obvious. It's an elaborate hoax/joke your grandfather had saved up for people to find when he passed away.

How do I know he was not from the future?

The type was written with a typewriter, not a computer. It's hard for me to imagine a "government" agency in the future without a p.c. or a hired printing press for their manuals.

Sorry buddy, looks like grandpa has his last laugh. It's cute though.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by NOTurTypical]

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join