It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Is my Grandfather a time traveler or a joker?[HOAX]

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
dunno if anyone is still following this.... (the stuff you should be paying attention to is not here).

The OP is just some average young adult, who pirated his first copy of Adobe Photoshop, read some great tutorials on how to create some standard effects and is using you (the reader) as a measurement device to see if his work is passable.

I advise a [HOAX] be placed on this thread and the OP go back to practicing with PS.

imo - you are all too easily distracted. Events in this world that I promise you all will define the state of the planet for as long as anyone can tell... turn the right filters on, the wrong filters off.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Did anyone notice how, in the 1st page, in the text "21st century", the "st" part is in superscript font? the writer of the document probably used a word processor that automatically makes 'st' superscript?

The font seems to be Lucida Console.

Hey, Microsoft will rule in the future as well :-).

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I don't believe it because there's no real information displayed in this supposed manual. But, if I was going to hand out secret manuals to my team, in case it fell into the wrong hands it would be drawn in crayons with crappy sketches, misspellings and factually wrong information about trivial things.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

True mondane is an unusal word to use off the shelf for someones life. If my grandfather died at that age, I would say something more like, normal life, lived like you and me, boring possibly, but the fact mundane was used by the OP and in the documents. Its clearly points to the OP being the forger of the doc's

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Here's a couple things to look at.

People in the future have bad grammar and spelling and/or don't have or can't use spellcheck.

Looks like it written on a typewriter, almost.

Looks as if someone could've it myself. I did a project in 8th grade, where I burned the edge of the edge of the paper and rub coffee grounds for effect. Just seems strange an oddly important, shocking book like that was burned. May just as well be coincidence.

(OP) Is it possible your grandfather typed it?

At first upon reading I thought, this was made up by you or something.
Now, it seems under the circumstances like: Why would your grandfather lie on his deathbed?, that there is a possibility, this wasn't a hoax.

What would seal the deal a little better, is if you could take pics of the chest and key, maybe at weird angles so we know you didn't find them online.(just a suggestion)

Thanks for uploading.

But then again it's possible, that you made up that grandfather story.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by thehype16]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
gotta love all the people ripping the poor spelling in these documents, with posts that contain multiple spelling errors of thier own.

oh the irony.

Face it, people make spelling errors. Some countries spell words differently, like defense, and defence, ect.

Just imagine what difference in spelling might exist in other "timelines".

As for the other reasons why i believe this is either a hoax or a prank played by gramps is one thing, but enough of the spelling errors.

The lot of you here are horrible spellers in your own right.
A forum post is just little text used for getting a point, question, or comment across, not a an English paper. But, as for, an important document don't you think that is something they would have optimum grammar and spelling applied to?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
reply to post by Tegmondy

The image of the blue swirl orbiting the Earth is most certainly glued/added onto that page. There is no reason why it would be that way in a manual. You just don't glue images onto a document.

The stamped seals on the front are also poorly done. All official seals must be clearly legible. To have a seal where only part of an outside ring shows will not make the document official.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by DJMessiah]

not trying to get on you man.. but this type of " debunking" is false logic.

1. "you just dont glue pictures onto a document"

Who doesnt? you dont?
the Governmet doesnt?
are you 100% sure or just stating that from your personal experience?
did you write manuals?

2."The stamped seals on the front are also poorly done. All official seals must be clearly legible."

according to what standard?
are you saying there are no official documents anywhere with an incomplete stamped seal?

see how statements like this detract from the topic?

the grammar and spelling are a clue .. but the Typo's and lack of spacing etc are the reasons I am starting to think this isnt real.

in My opinion, the poor grammar and some spelling mistakes could be attributed to translation, but the many typos would have most likely been caught and corrected.

Id like to see more before making the final call on this..

Im all for a good debunking..but it should be done properly

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have always been someone to play the big hoax and have already been thinking of how to leave the last big one. Hats off to your grand dad. And my sympathy to you and your family.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hoaxing about things like this isn't funny.Especially in a place like this where people spend much of there time trying to learn about things.
Why not do it about the usual things in the usual places screamers on youtube and the like, then come back laugh and say haha got you.All in good fun.
This here is just lying.Plain and simple.
Lying on the internet is worse than lying in the real world because, you cant see the person to make clear judgements.
And its so easily done and takes no skill at all.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
How can you not see this is fake. It was printed on a deskjet printer, I recognize the fonts, and also type writers/documents from the "old" days have a certain look to the letters that cant be reproduced with deskjet or laser printers because they are punched into the paper with a carbon ribbon. Edges of the paper are burned with a lighter to simulate old paper which just screams fake, because paper doesn't age into burnt paper. If this document was in a fire then each page would not have a random burn signature/curve most of them would be similar to each other if not have parallel burn marks.

Great imagination there, you should publish your book. I give you 9/10 for effort and and big LOL.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

This image of the device and description sound a lot like what was proposed by Dr Gerald Cleaver, associate professor of physics at Baylor in a news article today. Check it out here.

Link to news story here

--Ziltoid

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Also did anyone notice the Otis T Carr name . I didnt have time to read the whole thread yet but that name is on the diagram and I found this info about him.

farshores.org...

link

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
My patience has run out...

OK since the OP does not want to reveal the cut/paste image I'll debunk this easily. This has been posted before by other members but I'll piled it up.

HOAX because:

1. The spelling/grammar looks like a 15 year old or less did it. No military document will have these kinds of errors.

2. The burns on the edges does not match the center of the paper and it's suppose to be "old". It seems that it was recently burn and not well either.

3. "Greetings, and Congratulations" Are you kidding me? Seems that the OP just started to watch Star Trek or Sci-Fi movies. Like mention earlier by some members, this will NEVER be in any kind of military document...let alone a Time traveler manual of any sorts.

4. "Myth Vs Fact" No person from the future will put something so obvious in their paper. Seem to me that the OP is using today Myth's in combination with Sci-Fi movies. No military document will give an example of dinosaur or butterfly...perhaps butterfly will be extinct by then

5. Why would a military document start out in the 21st century? Why not make it in the 22 century? And why mention "wars" if we are talking about time travel manual here?

6. The hand writing looks to be made by a young person.

7. The drawings seems to be like a regular "worm hole". And a person in a "UFO" that the OP calls a "Time Machine" you might say.

8. The Physics you describe seems to apply to this era and somehow relates to several movies I have seen in Sci-Fi. Of a hollow black hole and whatnot.

MODS please close this thread and label it as a [HOAX]. Also, the OP made the story of his "grandpa" so he does not get blame for it. Because if he said HE did it he knew he was going to get ban

But I got to hand it to him very creative but not original

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

But if it really was from the future, why would they use a typewriter???

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think it's important to notice how seriously so many people took this - they were off and running from the start

if investigating, analyzing and trying to figure out what's real and what's fake is your main objective - then you should be saying "bring it on"

I've always thought - the hoaxers should be thought of as an investigators Kato

meanwhile - every hoax is not an affront, or a distraction from the real evidence

the real evidence is still out there - might as well keep your reflexes sharp

and be amused along the way

and this story - whatever it is - is so nicely done

whatever the authors intentions, even if the attempt is flawed, how could it not make you smile?

all this one is missing is a "ha ha - made you look..."

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Without reading through all of the replies, the font is obviously not on paper and notice that some of the font has, very obviously, and computer generated blur effect on it. Im not even sure what the creator was trying to make it look like by doing that.

Im going to have to put my bid on these pictures not being genuine.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ninja-san

Point # 2. Official seals are always legible (paraphrased)

Well, I am no expert, but most official seals I have run into are embossed into the paper with a metallic seal maker, much like the way a typewriter would work. This ensures authenticity, because only the holder of the seal can cause the mark. Printed seals are easily forged, and, as in this case, easy to perpetrate the hoax. This isn't a criticism to him, I actually admire his effort, if he practices his skills, I think he has the potential to become a best selling author. Maybe.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by masterp

It looks more like Lucida Sans Typewriter to me. Comes in more weights than Console, including italics, etc. Also from Microsoft c. 1991.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I like how it just so happens to be missing the little part that say's how dino''s were killed off.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Taylor.control]

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Taylor.control]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join