It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Is my Grandfather a time traveler or a joker?[HOAX]

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
ok, back finally. Here's what's under the logo... Same logo.

I'm pretty sure this is a hoax, but I want to know if the science makes logical sense. My grandfather may have been a joker, but maybe he had some interest in physics and the like that I wasn't aware of. Maybe he was just trying to preserve his theories in this format? Get alot of attention so that people would view the science? Just my guess.
(partly inspired by a U2U by THIseNdsnowoldKings)

So what I'd really like is for people to tell me if the science is possible in any way.

oatie did a pretty nice job, thanks. I'd like to look at the math. I guess I could somewhat comprehend theoretical physical theories...

also, I don't go on this site very often, so sorry for massive delays in response. I go here mainly night times before I go to bed once in a while, mainly for the NWO stuff. So sorry if it takes so long.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Tegmondy]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I find this pretty interesting. I went to your link and then cross referenced it. And what i found was gregory Was involved in lots of research Starting back in 1952 till around 1987. The one i found most interesting was research done at Department of Nuclear Physics, Research School of Physical Sciences. back in 1962. I wouldnt be calling a hoax just yet. What i gather from it is reasearch involving proton bombardment. Here is the link to the google page that i crossed referenced www.google.com...

Now let me put my thoughts on a few things. How does anyone know what access to technology we will have in the future after world wars and the breakdown of Society. We are assuming a lot when we say things like the grammer is bad and not presented very well. What if the educational system is totally lost and we rely on the few left that dont have much of an education but only know certain things very well.

Now lets assume that gregory Is from our time and back in the sixties was able to go forward in time and being very well educated compared to others became president. There are many senarios we could only speculate for now. All i am saying is dont assume so much without a thorough investigation. I for one hope this thread doesnt die. I see lots of potential in what is presented and we may find much more to contribute to it. Not just everyone trying to prove it is a hoax. How about we try to prove how it is possible. Maybe his grandfather wasnt a time traveler but had knowledge of how it was done. And this is his way to present it for all to see. Maybe while he was alive he knew he couldnt due to secrecy. We simply do not know.

So i ask the staff at A.T.S, please do not close this thread just yet. Give it a chance and for anyone that is interested in pursuing Facts that may help conclude this, Please have an open mind and not try to label it a hoax based on In my opinion small details that really dont prove hoax.

Thank you,
Russ1969

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This may have been pointed out (I haven't time (having read the document) to read all the responses), but on the page discussing the "Grandfather Paradox," the word "the" ends a line - well, really, the "th" ends the line - and the following line begins with "emission." This is clearly an error that does not occur on a typewriter (the "e" might be dropped, but would not find itself attached to the next word on the next line). It is strictly something that happens on a word processor (or in a word processing program). Yet the document is made to look as if it had been typed on a typewriter...

So I suspect a sloppy hoax job. Now... Whether it was the OP that produced this hoax, or the grandfather who "died," is unknown.

One would think that such a document, produced "in the future," would be slicker produced than this, have an evolved use of English (or even a new or different language), and wouldn't look as if pages from another publication were pasted into the main document.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the great laugh, I love how the edges were "burned" what we learned to do in 3rd grade when making our own "aged" Declaration of Independence
Note to all hoaxers: Please use spell check or get your parents to help you with the hoax, the bad grammar and spelling will always give you away!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
well, 19 pages later and only 3 or 4 posts on the science.

It's pretty clear it's a hoax, but is the science possible? That's the topic now. Does anyone know if it is possible?

Going to sleep now. Hopefully a scientific evaluation of some kind may be posted by tomorrow evening.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Im too lazy to go looking now,

but - I DISTICTLY remember a post on ATS recently, that talked about someones grandfather dying and the OP beind left a key to something.

I remember this thread getting very little attention.

Maybe when I have more time, I will go looking for it. I sure this is related to that.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tegmondy
well, 19 pages later and only 3 or 4 posts on the science.

It's pretty clear it's a hoax, but is the science possible? That's the topic now. Does anyone know if it is possible?

Going to sleep now. Hopefully a scientific evaluation of some kind may be posted by tomorrow evening.

I read this and i dont know how nobody replied to it.

by oatie 3 pages back:

The OP asked if there is any validity to the science, that was his question so I am going to give him the answer as I am a theoretical physicist, okay if you read the manual it says that the machine creates a black hole by increasing the mass of electrons in between 2 perfect spheres as to cancel out the gravity on both sides to create an empty black hole to sink the sphere into deeper dimension of space. this is completely plausible its called quantum tunneling it has been "witnessed" in quantum sized particles. I say "witnessed" as in math and numbers there is no way to actually see it happen on that scale.

okay destroying the black hole with positrons. electrons are negatively charged. and a positron is a positively charged equivalent, its the electrons antimatter, so if wanted to destroy a black hole of pure electrons, positrons would be the way to do it, as when an electron and positron contact they explode destroying the positron and electron and releasing energy. you would need enough positrons to destroy enough electrons to bring it back up to this dimension. oh and if you had so many electrons and positrons colliding like that it would be a bomb, and i don't think it would be wise to travel inside a bomb. unless you slowly destroyed the electrons by introducing the positrons bit by bit. until it was back up to this dimension.

It states that it uses gluon s to stabilize the field, makes sense as the electrons wouldn't be stable without a particle to travel around.

The most intriguing thing mentioned would be how it explains the universe expanding because of rotation and centripetal force caused by dark matter. i love this. i can tell you that with the proper math to back it up it would be a valid theory. one that has never been proposed before. I will see if i can work out the math for you.

Finally I would like to point out that the scientific data mentioned in the manual would be far beyond the likes of a 12-15 year old boy and way beyond an old man, most of this wasn't known until the at least the late 19 70's. i wonder what his grandfather did for a living, and also science fiction novels often play off real science, so he may have read this in a book and made the manual. him or his grandfather, but if it was his grandfather seems like something you wouldn't do on your deathbed is to create a hoax that gets your grandson ridiculed. bottom line if your gramps actually gave this to you, forget about what everybody here is saying. and cherish this as a last gift from him and when your older who knows maybe you will go to school for astro or particle physics. because real or not its a piece of inspiration

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

dude if he was lieing he could have changed the future by stopping war world 3 by giving instructions to us government

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
T welcome back, Have you spoken to your Mom about this yet? Ask her why she would have passed along something from her deceased Dad before going through it first.

As for the sciences, I know that this is your main focus, but until you start managing this thread and being more interactive, anyone with the educational back ground may not reply.

Are reading these 19 pages?

Take care.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Your time travel pages are interesting. People should'nt knock spelling errors because it is one code type that the nsa cannot break.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
on the checklist page, is that the grandfathers hand writing?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

thank you late.. someone with some sense.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I am a photoretoucher as my day job. I can give you my professional and personal opinion. THIS IS A FAKE. It is clearly photoshopped in it's entirety. It's too soft and looks like something you'd see in a video game. The blurred areas do not look realistic even for a scanner scanning a bent page. The burnt edges look like a Photoshop filter process. It's a very nice looking document, but it lacks realistic texture, realistic blurring, and lighting effects that a real scanner would produce. Feel free to pass this on. And I'd be more than happy to make a scan of something real and make it look like this fake just to show you the difference.
Bill "the Doctor"

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The science is possible.

At least theoretically so.

Very interesting.

Imagination is more important than knowledge, and myth is more potent than history right?

I have seen similar drawings in my research.

The OP has asked for scientific evaluation
I would very much like to see some electrical engineers, theoretical physicists,
or any unbiased trans humanist thoughts about the science that is laid out here.

Also to the OP, did you post all of the pages of the document?
If not please do.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
"Put a hollow sphere inside another negatively charged hollow sphere balance and ionize"

I can theoretically do that :O Maybe not like that but using electrical signals both NEG and POS perfectly balanced

(example audio frequencys, sine wave POS middle c exact, Sine wave NEG middle c exact, NO SOUND FROM COMBINED WAVE, also if POS is +1 cent/12th of a note in music and NEG is -1 still no sound because of central balance effect)

In all fairness it sounds crazy but I believe the theory here is sound..but how can this possibly be true?!

Also the word your looking for is gravitation bomb not suction, creating an unstable gravity well with a missile is not freaking nice. Though from the effects I see why you would choose suction as the descriptive word...

If it was from the future though some things would be in that book, like the equations for the matter/anti-matter reactions, the equipment or specs, a large report on "mission failed subject lost" and I cannot find President Gregory A G anywhere on nets.

I am highly serious about the wave function type thing though I discovered it after watching a youtube video discussing vortex mathematics by Marko Rodin, balance is the key, its like symmetry but something more. You can also add a third wave and create a self fluctuating wave form.

(If you want to see how this works PM me i'll do what I can to send video or sound with diagrams of the wave patterns)

ed. I have just caught up with the thread, yes I believe I can explain some of the science though mostly theoretical it logically fits somehow, Sacred Geometry + Trigonometry is how things form and interact, Then you'll need to understand vortex theory, simply this (being what you see) is made of an incomprehensible mesh interconecting that is split using this tech, hard to explain really, and matter and anti-matter destroy eachother releasing all the energy of the particles (including the anti ? not sure)

Using harmonics to shape a sphere of I don't know carbon for ex. then combining a second harmonic sphere to the size needed and zap the heck out of it, then pick a date and pray you didn't just end life and made it not ever exist. Which you don't have to worry about because we're living proof you haven't done that.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by KKinsane]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
I call HOAX for the following reason:

The word Mundane was used in the few pages over three times. Also, the word was also used by the original poster to describe his grandfather's death. I find this to be a clue that both texts were written by same individual.

I could be wrong and he has the manual for time travel as well.

AAC

That was an awesome pickup, and the best evidence of all!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Does this document have a date ?
The fonts look very computer generated , not what one would expect from a typewriter

edit to add , thanks for uploading .

[edit on 15-8-2008 by Max_TO]

The whole document looks fraudulent to me. Digital generated fonts, unreadable stamps, smugding looks kind of fresh and somewhat nonsensical in sort and order (accidental -nonsensically placed_ pencilstripe smudged, colorpencil as if rubbed with the palm on the face of the doc), the burned edges look intentionally made, like something I made as a pirate document when I was ten.

Good call on the "mundane", but the whole text has a very unscientific smell..."sort of", "and so on and so forth". Is is storytelling, and not very good.

Sorry, I am a very trusting person generally (because I can't connect with the prankster mind), but this does look strange to me.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Just throwing some ideas out here.

What if the "A.G." on the signature is not part of the name but initials of a title like "M.D." (for medical doctor)? Not sure what A.G. would stand for but just saying it might not be part of a given name.

What if there were an original document that was placed somewhere else for safekeeping or destroyed (by accident or intention) and this document is a reproduction made from memory? Just as if one of us had to reproduce some bit of scientific information we'd gotten off the net or someplace else and put it in our own words; the "tone" of the document would be in our own words and not so much like the "original". The type-setting, paper, staples, etc. would be in our present day medium and not from the original.

We've already had posters who say that the science is theoretically possible and that there is Helium 3 available on the moon so I'm trying to look at this in a new light. Maybe the kid is extremely bright and came up with this "theory" on his own but didn't want to present it to the pack of wolves who've shown up to "debunk" it on this thread. Presenting it as an obviously "not from the future" document could be his way of attracting only the serious scientific minds to opine on his theory while not drawing too much attention to himself as someone who's in physical possession of an actual time travel manual.

It could explain why he's not answering questions that have been asked about his grandfather, mother, etc. and continuing to ask about only the science behind it. If I'd come up with a theory on time travel, I sure wouldn't just hand it to one of my teachers and ask them to check the math for me. This is an anonymous forum and relatively safe for the presentation of this kind of idea. Rude name callers, aside.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Helloooo people!!!

It's NOT from the future. It's written with a TYPEWRITER!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yes, we get that. Thank you for your brilliant forensic analysis. I look forward to more of your cutting acumen on this topic.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join