It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Bush Revoke/Re-Write The 22nd Amendment, To Hold A 3rd Term In Office?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by oceanaut1

Unfortunately, you are probably right. I guess I am slowly coming out of my belief in this illusion that "we the people" have any say anymore. Hopefully we can get this country to change - not the so called "change-but-no-specifics-because-there-will-be-no-real-change-except-higher-taxes" change that Obama represents and not the "change-but-I-will-be-exactly-the-same-as-Bush" that McCain represents. We need real change and I hope we can do something about it before it's too late.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Another advantage of being a dual Israeli/American citizen (of which I have never heard this posted anywhere on the web) is that they can visit foreign countries and instigate wars, commit various acts of espionage, treason, graft, fraud etc.; anything to promote their purposes. Their actions are supported by the idea that there is a Means to an End to these 'activities'. Machiavellian politics. That is their MO and 'control' and world domination is their agenda. It's worked...though it won't last.
Exposure is what these people have always feared the most and they've been exposed, thanks in part to blogs such as this where 'freedom of speech' still lingers though not for long if not protected. That is another issue of which I've spoken about here on ATS and don't care to rehash since American's won't have this. It's too late since that conspiracy has been exposed as well.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by doomsday2012
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

That Mother Fu*@#r can do whatever he wants!! He cheated two elections, there is no reason to think that he can't do whatever he wants! Di you know that he is opening the borders to Mexico and Canada for free trade? It's called the "North American Union". Look it up! He did this without the consent of the American people and Congress, and he did it right before his last election and never told anybody about it because he would have never gotten re-elected! Is there a human being on this continent that can get rid of him? We couldn't get that lucky!

Read the "Political Collusion" thread on my signature, I've went into a lot of detail there about the North American Union, the imminent destruction of our national boundaries, and the Amero.

Calmly talking about it, and working towards being a part of the solution, instead of being part of the problem is what to do. Being intelligent means no matter how bad we want to pick up the pitchforks and torches, to go chase the bastard monster, instead using your brain to outsmart him, by picking up a pen and paper, and getting into the Political Arena might be the better choice. Personally, I see that he's made so many extremely selfish decisions for himself and Cheney, without giving a damn what the citizens want, and using "terrorism" as a false dichotomy towards manipulating the masses to follow along like lemmings off a cliff.

The people are scared, that's for certain, but they do not understand that they are truly scared because of the man leading them unwittingly towards their own destruction, via them being the enemy Bush is speaking about because Cheney, the Pentagon, and Bush all see the American population as the enemy, because people who can actually think are the problem to them.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by oceanaut1

When traveling under an Israeli passport, they can travel in secrecy without our govts. knowledge of where they have been or where they are going. For example, if I flew to Israel on a foreign passport, our govt. may see I flew to Isreal though what they don't see is where I would go from there since THAT information is held as a close secret within the Israeli govt. and is given on a need to know basis whereas NO American is on that 'need to know' list. This is how they travel and create all kinds of 'false flag' operations around the world to suit there purpose. The Likud party believes strongly in Zionism and is responsible for the encroachments on the West Bank, Golan Heights, Gaza Strip etc. www.cia.gov...

If Israel chose to invade these countries and continue to deny Palestinians a state or sovereignty, that is on them...not US. Many Jewish rabbis and scholars have argued endlessly about such issues as being unconstitutional and dangerous for fellow Isrealis though the problem is worsened by the fact that these areas are already developed/settled by Isreaelis of whom refuse to leave and this creates much division within the Isreali govt. itself. It is a shame that innocent Jews may be implicated for the actions of their own govt. though they never spoke out to the effect of making the changes necessary for a stable political regime in the M.E.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

sorry.. that could only happen in your dreams... which would probably be a nightmare.. for you. Personally.. I believe he will be happy to get out of office.. with out a second attack from terrorist.. then he will have something to brag about. Im convinced as soon as we pull our troops back, they will hit us again over here.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by philjwolf

sorry.. that could only happen in your dreams... which would probably be a nightmare.. for you. Personally.. I believe he will be happy to get out of office.. with out a second attack from terrorist.. then he will have something to brag about. Im convinced as soon as we pull our troops back, they will hit us again over here.

If you honestly think I want something like this to happen, you're nuts.

It's the farthest thing I want in the world, I never wanted him to steal the election in 2000.

I sure hope to God you and everyone else who's said it here are correct.

I want him out of office, but I do not see the other two choices as viable options either.

I've just noticed Bush and Cheney have been extremely quiet, not supporting the next potential President, so much as quietly watching and waiting.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
And lastly, the fact that the U.S. has these dual Isreali/American citizens in the highest positions of our govt. institutions is another clear violation to the Constitution though somehow Isreali's are the only ones that have managed to make this a reality. It is a clear violation to allow an agent of whom has pledged 'loyalty to a foreign power' to hold a high office within our govt.
They must be removed immediately from office in the U.S. govt. and subpeona'd in a 'discovery' process for their roles in espionage and high acts of treason committed among the fellow U.S. citizenry. See prior posts for more info. Once again, rehash is not something I like to partake in for it's too time consuming and unnecessary. Put one's ATS ID in the Search box above to find any other 'articles' of interest.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
SKL and AEW

I think I'm with the king on this one.

I think Bush would, could and is capable of anything IMO.

Second I think people give the public to much credit when it comes to being manipulated. Once again I give the public - would and could....

FOX could spin the urgency of some event and the RIGHTARDs will march with it.

No doubt

GUYS, Bush helped a private company and a nationalized industry shake down the state of CALIFORNIA. Straight up!!!

FOX gave the assist and the CA RIGHTARDs carried the water, even though they got screwed just as hard.

SPIT PUKE YUCK

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yah, separation of powers makes that a no-no, and he has no support from the leftist Legislature to ever do such a thing. (Pelosi hates him and can't wait to get Obama in there. I want to see her face if he does not win.) Plus, the states would need to ratify it. It would have been funny though:

STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS 2008

"Good evening my fellow Americans. It is I, President George Dubya Bush. I'd like to heh heh "Cut to the chase" if I may use that expression. I'd like to propose, and Dick thought it was a good idea too, that we, um, rewrite the 22nd...(said quickly) ammendment (end said quickly), if America is down with that...then let's cut to it! Oh yeah, almost forgot (unfolds speech) The economy, terrorism, small businessmen, freedom (stupendous applause from Republicans/standing ovation/tears), patriots, America. Thanks, bless ya'll and good night, I'm late for my flight to Texas."

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
this is one way bush could remain in office with everything going on around the bush is just sitting back and just waiting to put this in play!!!!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by oceanaut1

The problem my freind is that a true patriot such as Ron Paul will never have a chance in getting elected until true campaign finance reform is enacted and both corrupt Republican and Democratic 'parties' are dissolved. Both parties are for purchase by the elite.

That is my point "my friend", Campaign finace is irrelevent if a nation intends to purge both parties clean of any and all incumbents, it wouldn't matter who you voted for it is so symbolic of the real power we as voters have. The whole Idea is to vote for the unknown guy and shake out everyone. Sure we would have the blind leading the blind but I think we would make it ok with a bunch a rookies in there that haven't tasted bribes in the name of lobby and all that comshaw they have working with the "good ole boys" etc. With a Congress and Senate watching what his colleagues are doing because it means their job too if the other guy is dirty. This works wonders in the Military and I don't see why it wouldn't here unless you have to insist this dark envisioned revelation of a Country within smelling distance of anarchy living off food stores in some do it yourself underground bunker all victims of the "elites". I don't give a rats ass about them and quite frankly I think you give all that stuff waaay tooo much creedence. Ron Paul didn't have a chance because he doesn't know how to speak up other than the written word, but has no presence and the personality of a tree stump. Would I have voted for him? Yes. but had we gone in to remove them rather than put them in office, they would not be under the influence of these alleged puppet masters and would be unlikely they would feel safe cozying up to them in the aftermath of the biggest exodus of incumbents in our history. The framers have safe guards we can use if we come together and simply trust the system they mapped out without worrying about the Rothchilds or Zionists, because they wouldn't have years and years of entrenched raport with their bought and paid for political patsy

People here on this board have been lied to and deceived for soooo long that they yearn to rediscover what 'American' means and meant.

I agree with that

Oh how things have changed.

I don't know how old you are but I imagine I am older than you and it seems to me the more things change the more they stay the same.

Is anyone, rich or poor happy?

I know many many people that are very happy, don't ask me how or why though.

My sister is one the wealthiest people in this country and they find it hard to find 'fulfullment'. Makes one wonder eh?

Not at all,, and I know people who get by on very little and they are the most happy people you'll ever meet.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Yeah, no one I know wants this, but every one else is talking about talking points of Obama or McCain.

I thought this might be a very sure possibility and no one had brought it up that I has seen so far.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
NO! I just don't think that the people of the US would go for this.

Even if there were a so called national emergency I don't see how he could get away with it.

The elections will be held. Bush will no longer be in office as of Jan 09.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
NO! I just don't think that the people of the US would go for this.

Even if there were a so called national emergency I don't see how he could get away with it.

The elections will be held. Bush will no longer be in office as of Jan 09.

I as well as all of America hope you are correct.

I however know, that Bush as well as Cheney are sitting up there in the White House with a Cheshire Cat's grin who just ate the canaries in their guilded cages.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Excellant replies so far. Yes, I don't want this to happen, and I think 2/3's of the nation would revolt.

Personally, I think the world would storm our borders if he did something this assinine.

Ridiculous thread, so far, IMO.

Bush can personally overturn a constitutional amendment?

Bush is writing his own laws and congress can't keep up?

Countries would (be allowed to) "storm our borders" if Bush stayed in office.

If the OP is an American, this is a shocking example of lack of knowledge of how the U.S. government works. A foreigner might be forgiven for not understanding this.

IMO, the most likely event that would cause a "revolt" in the U.S. would be if Obama wins and starts trying to gut the military like Carter did.

[edit on 8/15/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
nope impossible even if he wanted to it wopuld take longer to pass the legislation than he has left in office

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Looks like it is true that basic Civics is no longer taught to our children.

Presidential orders can be reversed at will by Congress. Bush has no power to do any of this nonsense. We don't have a Dictator in the US. Too bad so many Americans are so poorly educated about how their own country functions. Even worse that this kind of crap is getting spread on the Internet to the World.

I highly recommend reading the Constitution and a basic book on Civics. The Constitution is a small easy to understand document and how our government functions does not take a genius to comprehend. There was a time when it was required knowledge to get a H. S. Diploma but that appears to be no longer true.

Barring anything unforeseen, McCain or Obama will be in power after the inauguration. Bush can not stop that.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Bush just passed New legislation that would let him declare martial law if he felt there was a threat to the US any where in the world . Correct me if im wrong but i dont think he needs the approval of congress to do this .

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nero1337

Presidential orders can be overturned either by Congress or the next sitting President. Presidential orders are not laws as only Congress can create a new law. You are right it is the law per se of the moment, but it can be done away with in hours if not minutes should Congress take exception to it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join