It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Persecution of Illegal Aliens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Personally I think it's happening because we Americans see our country headed down the proverbial S**tter,and it's gotten to the point were people start pointing fingers,no one wants to blame themselves,this has been going on for ages ,believe it or not there are several Americans that think or fearlis leader can do no wrong,as a matter of fact I believe more are going back home,they see the handwriting on the wall

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This so gets my goat. Why I don't like illegal aliens:
1. Because they are illegal -- I don't like lots of illegal things - they are illegal for a good reason.
2. They clog up our social systems- mostly our health care - but get this:
In our local battered women's shelter, they are six families that have been there forever. There are no rooms for other battered women because by law - get this - they cannot secure jobs -- therefore-- they cannot be kicked out. Soo all the donations people give for legitimate domestic violence victims -- go to these poor ILLEGAL families. - I just love this.
3. They are a drain on our education system because guess what -- they don't speak any ENGLISH. --AND -- so we have to teach them in Spanish - does any OTHER country do this? It is so assanine it is unbelievable. Oh -- did I mention the free daycare? To illegals? Do you think if I went illegally to germany I could reside forever in a domestic violence shelter? No, we would starve to death first.
4. They take jobs -- don't give me that garbage about taking low paying jobs -- don't you get it? They take low paying jobs here in my town -- they work for 2 bucks an hour -- yep-- 2 bucks. They supplement their income by dealing drugs. They will tell you that. That and stealing manhole covers along with anything else they can get their hands on.
5. They clog up our prison systems. Check the FBI most wanted page and figure out how much man hours is spent looking for illegals for their murders of legal citizens, along with the rest of their gang activities.

After you have a reality check -- we are headed to hell in a handbasket by giving our country away - from the brave soldiers who died for us -- to the rif-raff that is slowly but surely eroding our country to garbage. They are illegal -- for a good reason. If it was up to me I would behead them.

You have a good day too.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

I would agree with your assesment. I think alot has changed in this country and we have been given a new scape goat. Andmost accept it without given a second thought to the true casues of why things are going the way they are.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

IMO, we all garner opinions on illegal immigration based upon our own personal experience with them.

You're from Texas...a border state with Mexico.

It makes perfect sense that Texas would be affected more adversely than say, Montgomery County, Maryland...bordering Washington, DC.

To many illegal immigrants who have lived day to day...Texas is the 'finish line' for them. The more serious and determined illegal immigrant continues his trek further into the country.

It doesn't surprise me that the hospital emergency rooms in Texas are overburdened. But understand, The Peoples Republic of Maryland has absorbed them with little or no fanfare. The government installed Day Laborer shelters for them...to protect them from the weather.

One last thing. The FICA fund...the Social Security fund has more than one half TRILLION dollars in unmatched funds....enough to fund the Iraqi war.
That's just FICA.

Furthermore it is not true that illegal immigrants get paid slave wages. Not in Maryland. Ones I know about earn average $15 per hour.

We have lost 45 million souls to Roe v Wade since the 70s. Not cool at all.

There new 'citizens' replace them.

Always looking to make lemonade from lemons....I would rather import Catholics than suffer Europe's or Britain's fate with Muslims.

Finally...teaching their children helps ensure that the cycle of welfare and government subsidy ends at one generation instead of cradle to grave welfare other minorities have gotten addicted to.

Just treat Maria the hotel maid differently from Jose, the felon.
Don't deport them. Document them and provide them work permits that require bi-annual renewals...and offer them an eventual path to citizenship.

We will be a better United States of America for it, IMO.

Thank you. Speech over!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I live in Arizona. I don't believe that main stream media is persecuting illegals. They usually use words like "migrant workers" or "immigrants" When a crime is committed they avoid reporting that the individual was illegal.

I don't think illegals were to much of an issue at one time because the majority of them were just coming to the USA to have a better life and to work and send some money home. However, their numbers increased drastically and with them came criminals.

As for Illegal Mexicans a generalization:

They do not pay taxes.
They send most of their money back to Mexico.
Their loyalty is with Mexico and not the USA.
They cost the U.S. Tax payers a fortune.
They drive down wages.
They are in your face with their flags, marches, and demands.
They are here illegally.
They commit crimes and escape back to Mexico.
Their youth are heavily involved in gang activity.
They paint graffiti everywhere.
They lower home values of neiborhoods.
They demand we speak Spanish and do not want to learn English.
Some jobs now require you speak Spanish.
They "hook each other up" in the workplace. i.e. Hire friends and family.
They steal cars and break in to homes.
They are the slowest to assimilate from any other group.
and on and on and on..........

Has nothing to do with the color of their skin. If it were French Canadians doing the same thing I would feel the same way.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot
It makes perfect sense that Texas would be affected more adversely than say, Montgomery County, Maryland...bordering Washington, DC.

Definitely.

Furthermore it is not true that illegal immigrants get paid slave wages. Not in Maryland. Ones I know about earn average $15 per hour.

Hm. I never said it did so I suppose you are speaking in general? But that is true. Actually, very few make what would be considered slave wages. The reason I know so many is because my father employed them in his restaurants, as our gardeners and handymen, and house keepers. I have to be honest and say there was not a single one I disliked. In fact, they were fabulous people. They typically made $7-$10 an hour but his 'right hand man' made about $12.

Always looking to make lemonade from lemons....I would rather import Catholics than suffer Europe's or Britain's fate with Muslims.

I don't care what the P.C. crowd here says regarding my opinion but I completely agree with you.

Just treat Maria the hotel maid differently from Jose, the felon.

I agree with this, too. Many, if not most, are hard working nice-as-pie individuals. You do hear the horror stories of illegal aliens committing horrible crimes but I can make the distinction between the two.

Don't deport them. Document them and provide them work permits that require bi-annual renewals...and offer them an eventual path to citizenship.

That's pretty much what my father did. He helped them obtain citizenship eventually. The worse incident I recall was when he fired a manager and to get even with my father, she called INS. Most of them were deported but they were back in something like a week. So, he hired illegals but almost always helped them become documented.

I still am strongly opposed to illegal immigration but I'm not a tyrant who would accuse them of being social scum or the entire cause of America's problems. If I hadn't known as many as I have, my opinion would probably be something entirely different but I see them as people now due to practically growing up with them.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It is true that we americanss are also to blame, or rather the cigar smoking fat white business man who would rather sell out his own country to save a few bucks than obey the law. What it all comes down to is greed and money, if these businesses refused to hire illeagal alliens and the flow of work stopped for them, then I bet we would see all these "people who come here not to work but to be american" would go back to their own country. Well I stopped fighting this war on illeagal immagration , if this is the kind of country that these liberals want to live in then they can live in it. if they want their daughter rapped by a member of ms13 then so be it.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

A response to a few of your points.

I have seen no evidence of this and would be interested in seeing how you came to this conclusion.

They commit crimes and escape back to Mexico.
Their youth are heavily involved in gang activity.
They paint graffiti everywhere.
They lower home values of neiborhoods.
They steal cars and break in to homes.

My friend. These are very sad statements and not based on reality. Your view of your fellow human beings is very sad and without merit.

They demand we speak Spanish and do not want to learn English.
Some jobs now require you speak Spanish.

I have never encountered anybody that had demanded I speak another language. Have you? Please share. Also it is a free market society. Businesses' cater to their demographic not the other way around. Proposing otherwise is a very slippery slope.

They are the slowest to assimilate from any other group.

Another statement I would like to see some data on. How did you arrive at this conclusion?

Has nothing to do with the color of their skin. If it were French Canadians doing the same thing I would feel the same way.

Are there not French Canadians that live here illegally? Are there not French Canadians that have committed crimes on U.S. soil? "Mexicans" are not the only illegal aliens.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tac109

Aren't the politicians to blame? You failed to mention them. Only the immigrants and the businesses. I don't think this is a liberal conservative issue. What ever that means.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
I have been leery about posting this thread as I know how polarized this issue is. But here goes:

Post after post I see who I consider to be intelligent and aware human beings make negative comments about illegal aliens. I am disgusted with this very recent movement to despise so called illegals. I know our media has held a very active campaign to convince us that these are our new enemies. I thought some on this site were above such manipulation, guess not. I have heard some say that illegals are a drain on our society.

If you do some research, you'll see that illegals typically don't pay taxes, get free health care thus increasing health care for those who pay and take jobs from American workers.

I have trouble accepting this. They provide extremely cheap labor and I find it hard to believe that the money American's save in the agriculture industry alone with this labor is not enough to make up for any cost associated with illegals. Comments?

It's not just the agricultural industry that they are ruining, it's the construction industry, the landscaping industry, the resturaunt industry, etc...

The bottom line is that they are here ILLEGALLY. They have committed a crime and should not benefit from that crime.

Law abiding citizens are suffering from their CRIME and it's simply not fare or right.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I have seen no evidence of this and would be interested in seeing how you came to this conclusion.

When they get their $150,000 surgeries for free, where exactly do you think the money comes from, thin air? Do you think the doctors perform the surgery for free?

Young one, you have a lot to learn about government, economics, and jure purely the way the world works.

I suspect that like SUMDUMONKEY, you are also an armchair quarterback - it's easy to say there is no illegal immigration problem, when you don't even live in the USA and are experiencing it.

Really, if you don't live in America, you need to get out of this thread. You really have no room to talk. This goes to SUMDUMONKEY and anyone else.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Law abiding citizens are suffering from their CRIME and it's simply not fare or right.

See this is where i disagree with most. I think we do benifit. We benift through lower priced goods. hence the reason there is no concerted effort to close the boarders. It is a system by design. They are only scapegoats the real problem lies elsewhere...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
tac109 hit the nail on the head for me.

Hey, I'm an immigrant. A legal immigrant from Germany, and now a naturalized US citizen, but an immigrant nonetheless.

I speak and write American English as well as any of you (and better than most from what I've seen). I gave almost 7 years of my life in service of this country in the US Navy. I have been a working, taxpaying US citizen since I was 17. I still like some aspects of my German culture and like German foods, but in most other respects I've become an American.

This is exactly what the illegal immigrants from Mexico do not do. If they came here, learned English, became Americans, and assimilated (a bad word only on Star Trek) like all the other generations of immigrants have done, I wouldn't mind. But when I try to file my taxes by phone and an arm of the Federal Government requires me to "press 1 for English," something is WRONG.

Yeah, retail businesses are going to cater to their demographics and go bilingual to make more money. I understand that. Most of the shopkeepers in Chinatown speak Chinese, too. But .. there's no excuse for government services and government agencies going bilingual. You should NOT be able to take your test for a driver's license in Spanish. Children going to public school, whose education is being paid for by the taxes of American property owners, should have to do so in ENGLISH. It is, after all, our national language.

You don't have to put away your Mexican flag. I've been known to wear a t-shirt with a German flag on it. You don't have to change your food - heck, I like your food when it's not too hot. You don't have to change your clothes, or your family structure, or denounce your culture. But dadgummit, learn English! Support this country and spend your money here. Become a legal citizen. Pay taxes. Pay social security. Become an American instead of a Mexican living in America.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If you do a simple search for illegal immigration facts, it will pull up many sites. I suppose it would be up to you if you want to believe the statistics on these websites.

I have seen jobs here in Arizona that require that you speak Spanish.

Things are getting better here in AZ since sheriff Joe has been cracking down. The ruling liberal politicians have cut his funding and he has been catching a lot of heat over it.

My Wife is from Honduras. Came here legally. It was very difficult and expensive, but we did it and she has been here a little over a year now and is now a perm resident. She has a job and has learned English and has a driver's license, etc.

Just 2 days ago, we encountered a Mexican women who is in the U.S. illegally with her 6 children. She gets pretty much everything for free and admitted to not paying taxes. (I can't say much more about this specific incident).

The reason the gov is not in a hurry to build the fence is because they were elected to office through contributions, etc from large corporations. The large corporations want the illegals here so they can pay low wages and the polititions owe them favors.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ADisbeliever

When they get their $150,000 surgeries for free, where exactly do you think the money comes from, thin air? Do you think the doctors perform the surgery for free?

First off they qualify for emergency Medicaid, reviewing your source provided in an earlier post indicates that this is limited in scope and differs state by state. Some states don't even view chemotherapy as a emergency medical need.

Let me remind you. We have child molesters and rapist who receive chemotherapy in prison. We have the largest prison population in the world. If you are worried about cutting cost by denying medical emergency procedures to "criminals" why not start the campaign with the prisons or at least include it?

Young one, you have a lot to learn about government, economics, and jure purely the way the world works.

Lets try not to be patronizing just because we disagree.

I suspect that like SUMDUMONKEY, you are also an armchair quarterback - it's easy to say there is no illegal immigration problem, when you don't even live in the USA and are experiencing it.

Really, if you don't live in America, you need to get out of this thread. You really have no room to talk. This goes to SUMDUMONKEY and anyone else.

I disagree. Perspective is very important. Are you saying only Americans have any wisdom that is of value? Again I disagree I think differing opinions give us an opportunity to gain perspective.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

i know about all type of gangs because im a gang member myself,so watch it homie.thanks for correcting whatever you said you corrected its just that i feel no need to feel like im back in school.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Something I have noticed is that when someone speaks of illegal aliens, it is assumed that they are only talking about the ones who are from Mexico. Personally when I say illegal alien, I'm talking about everyone who has come here illegally whether they are from Mexico, Canada, England, etc. Even though it is not considered PC, I do have a problem with people coming to the country illegally. They are breaking a law plain and simple.

It takes up to two years to obtain a green card, but much closer to six months for laborers. Is it really that impossible to wait six months to come here legally? It's not like you have to jump through hoops on one foot while singing the national anthem and juggling lit torches. There are some forms to fill out, turn them in, wait a little while, and tadaa you have a green card and are able to legally enter the country. Live here five years, swear allegiance to the US and do a few other minor things and tadaa you are a full citizen. It's not a difficult process and if they really want to move here and make their lives better, it is as easy as filling out some forms and waiting a bit.

I hear the same tired excuses all the time when people are defending illegal aliens. "But they are just doing the jobs you won't do." "They aren't taking jobs away from anyone." That makes about as much sense to me as saying that sending jobs from America to India doesn't affect anyone and isn't taking anyone's job. It is completely ridiculous. With the rate of unemployment fluctuating constantly and all the jobs being sent overseas, I guarantee you there is someone who wants the job that the illegal has. And that someone would be paying their taxes and putting that money back into our economy instead of sending it to another country. What it all comes down to is business owners wanting to keep more money in their own pockets and knowing they can hire illegals and pay them less than what they will have to pay a citizen.

Personally, I think anyone who hires an illegal alien should be fined a substantial amount at the least and possibly even prosecuted for it.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
reply to post by jfj123

See this is where i disagree with most. I think we do benifit. We benift through lower priced goods. hence the reason there is no concerted effort to close the boarders. It is a system by design. They are only scapegoats the real problem lies elsewhere...

The minor price differences in goods isn't worth the loss of American jobs, higher health care premiums and higher taxes we pay to make up for them. They're not scapegoats, they're criminals. You seem to be missing the part that they have committed a crime.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i came to the USA in legal terms, with passport, airplanes and all the right permits.

because i have a student permit, i can stay here while i am in school.

but that is not the case with my mother, she came to the USA legally but is staying here illegally.

she works at a factory, and has a part time job, and she does pay taxes, she gets taxes refund every year. she sleep while not working, she learned the language, and i have to say, she is very Americanize, and almost all of her friends who are int he same legal situation are the same as her.

that is an example of one kind of illegal residents.

the other kind are mostly central Americans, they cross the country illegally , they bring all of their families with them, their children don't go to school, they have babies like rabbits, they don't work on paychecks, so they don't pay any kind of taxes. most of this kind of illegals are drunks, wife beaters, and most probable to commit a crime.

to all Americans, please, i know the two kind of illegals break your immigration laws, but don't put us in the same bag.

P.S - my mother will get her legal residence in about 6 months.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by CzErased]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join