It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Persecution of Illegal Aliens

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Fair enough. thanks for your the explanation.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Fair enough so where are all the signs and conveniences for the french, polish, hungarians, russians, japanese, etc... ?
They pay taxes too I'm sure.
I've never heard press 2 for japanese, press 3 for russian, press 4 for french, press 5 for polish, press 6 for cherokee, etc..

The 2000 Census data shows the hispanic population at 12.5%. Combining all Asian and Pacific Islander languages only amounts to 3.7%. This includes Chinese, Japanese, Cambodian, Hmong, Thai, Laotian, Vietnamese, Tagalog, and others.

www.census.gov... 01.pdf

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Thank you crime velvet! Very well said!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Unkle Greggo

The problem is people think that the melting pot term means bring your culture with you. It was supposed to be a mixing a cultures, not multiple cultures existing under one blanket.

So far as people who scream racism, and wonder why ere only going after hispanics: Don't you go after the biggest part of the problem first?

I may be misunderstanding your post. But to me it sounds like your issue is not with the economics of immigration but more with the change in culture. Am I understanding this correctly?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The people referred to as "illegals" have always been here and always will. They are native to the American continents and in reality the "bolio" are the wetbacks that invaded their homelands and committed acts of genocide on the ones that wouldn't be enslaved. Building the Berlin Wall, The Maginot line or the McNamara line didn't stop people that were intent on being on the other side. The idea of allowing people from Mexico to cross the border to work is a genuine threat to the lower middle class workers in the U.S. The large corporations love the idea and that is why nothing is being done. Look at the ones that benefit the most from the types of labor that is performed by these hard working, industrious, family oriented people. Look at the way they live and then look at the people at the top. The anger being displayed in this forum is directed at the weakest link in the chain by the ones that will soon be. This is the way it is and has always been in any capitalist society. Be realistic and get competitive because the government is owned by the rich.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

One quick question, would we be treated any differently if we crossed the border into Mexico illegaly? We would actually be treated worse. Take a gander at this article and see if you still feel like we should welcome illegal aliens with open arms: www.azcentral.com...
We do not have infinite resources to support uneducated masses from third world countries. Furthermore, take a look at this website and tell me that if we allow illegal aliens to come here in droves without any issue that all will be sunshine and lollipops: www.mayorno.com...
A good amount of Mexicans think they are owed a good portion of the U.S. because it once belonged to them. With that logic I suppose th majority of them should go back to Spain, right? I really don't have time to post any more on this subject but my user name here is rgon just in case anyone makes a remark about me posting anonymously...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
reply to post by jfj123

Fair enough so where are all the signs and conveniences for the french, polish, hungarians, russians, japanese, etc... ?
They pay taxes too I'm sure.
I've never heard press 2 for japanese, press 3 for russian, press 4 for french, press 5 for polish, press 6 for cherokee, etc..

The 2000 Census data shows the hispanic population at 12.5%. Combining all Asian and Pacific Islander languages only amounts to 3.7%. This includes Chinese, Japanese, Cambodian, Hmong, Thai, Laotian, Vietnamese, Tagalog, and others.

www.census.gov... 01.pdf

So it's ok to discriminate against a small ethnic population but not a large ethnic population??

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

LOL... I thinking your reaching bud. There are government resources in other languages besides English and Spanish. However the predominance is going to be in English followed by Spanish simply because it reflects the population.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
reply to post by jfj123

LOL... I thinking your reaching bud. There are government resources in other languages besides English and Spanish. However the predominance is going to be in English followed by Spanish simply because it reflects the population.

well it reflects a large illegal population. There is no reason to cater to an illegal population whoever they are. We seem to be missing this little fact that ILLEGALS are criminals and shouldn't be catered to.

For example, Michigan used to allow illegal aliens to get drivers licenses. They no longer do allow this which is nice.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by harvib

We do not have infinite resources to support uneducated masses from third world countries.

Last time I checked, Mexico wasn't a third world country...matter of fact, it's something like the 12th largest economy in the world and the richest person in the world is not from the United States, but rather, Mexico. The comment about Mexicans thinking they are owed land from U.S. just because some of the land was taken from them...think like 50% of their land, and no, they don't think they are owed but who can blame Mexico for maybe being a tad bit bitter when their land was seized from them by force.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
The idea of allowing people from Mexico to cross the border to work is a genuine threat to the lower middle class workers in the U.S. The large corporations love the idea and that is why nothing is being done. Look at the ones that benefit the most from the types of labor that is performed by these hard working, industrious, family oriented people. Look at the way they live and then look at the people at the top. The anger being displayed in this forum is directed at the weakest link in the chain by the ones that will soon be. This is the way it is and has always been in any capitalist society. Be realistic and get competitive...

I say we trade those in our nation that refuse to take the jobs any lower class mexican would be willing to take in a heartbeat..those who are the actual ones with their hands out...the ones who are statistically commiting the most crimes and sucking taxpayers' dollars..I'd trade those low life people any day and legalize the Mexicans that come out here, willing to work and make an actual honest living, working behind a kitchen, working in housekeeping, picking crops so that we continue to get our food at a cheaper rate than if we had our own people doing it, and taking care of the elites' bratty ass kids. I'd trade those Americans out that walk freely into mexico and smuggle drugs back to the US and sell them to our kids for people who want to make a better life for themselves and their families. Until our weakest links get off their lazy arses and get jobs, then maybe our powers that be will no longer see a need for Mexicans and then and only then will they do something and move faster towards building a border.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

L.A. City and District Attorneys Team Up with ICE The L.A. published an article on 4/05/07 about a new partnership between the city of Los Angeles and ICE. The City Attorney and the L.A. District attorney have worked out deal with ICE to screen gang members for immigration violations. The article states, City Atty. Rocky Delgadillo and L.A. County Dist. Atty. Steve Cooley said they are partnering more closely with federal immigration officials and attorneys to identify the gang members for deportation, adding that illegal immigrants appear to make up a significant portion of the gang population.

ICE arrest 300 in San Diego and Imperial Counties The below info is from an ICE press release dated 4/03/07. "SAN DIEGO - A total of 359 immigration violators from 15 different nations were arrested here during the past two weeks by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers as part of Operation Return to Sender, an ongoing ICE initiative targeting criminal aliens, foreign nationals with final orders of deportation, previously deported aliens, and other immigration violators.

source link

Illegal Aliens Drive Another Hospital To Closure By Digger Here's a nice article from the New York Times on the recent announcement by Northridge Hospital Medical Center that they will be closing by December 31. This follows a recent announcement of the closure of the emergency room at Elastar Community Hospital in East Los Angeles. Four other emergency rooms have closed in the county in the last two years. The reason given is the high cost of treating uninsured people. The article also states that 70 hospital emergency rooms and trauma centers have closed in California since 1990. "We're mandated to treat anyone who comes in through those doors, regardless of their ability to pay," Tracey Veal, a spokeswoman for the Northridge hospital, said. Ms. Veal estimated that the hospital had spent $13 million on so-called charity care in the fiscal year that ended on June 30.

souce link

LOS ANGELES — This is part three of a five-part series looking at how illegal immigration affects U.S. border security, the criminal, health care and education systems, as well as the economy. Watch the series this week on FOX News Channel. Overburdened by the uninsured and overwhelmed by illegal immigration (search), public health care in Los Angeles is on life support. Sixty percent of the county's uninsured patients are not U.S. citizens. More than half are here illegally. About 2 million undocumented aliens in Los Angeles County alone are crowding emergency rooms because they can't afford to see a doctor. According to the State Association of Hospitals (search), California's public health system is "on the brink of collapse." In Los Angeles County, patients can wait four days for a hospital bed and up to two years for gallbladder surgery. "The hospitals are closing because of the totality of the uninsured," said Dr. Thomas Garthwaite, director of the Los Angeles County Health Department (search). "If you're legally a resident in California and you're poor, you have a right to basic services."

fox news source link

LOS ANGELES — Mexican immigrants hoping to cross the Mexico-U.S. border can use an illustrated guide to help them break U.S. immigration laws (search) and live in the United States illegally. The 32-page booklet, free with popular comic books and advertised at bus stations and government offices south of the border, comes courtesy of the Mexican government......

another fox news source

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by flaco
reply to post by jfj123

[snip]

Actually a lot of people do.
And he's not my president. I didn't vote for him and I don't want him in office.

Mod Edit - quoted post was removed by staff.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I wonder how many of the brown skinned Spanish speaking people that are supposedly Mexican, are in reality the remnants of the U.S.C.I.A. trained killers From El Salvador and Nicaragua that made up the right wing "Contra" and "Battalion Ronald Reagan" forces. These criminals were brought into the country in the early 90s and set up with housing, money and diplomatic immunity for the first five years they were here. They had Spanish speaking U.S. handlers to assist in their setting up over here, though a number of them were only fluent in the languages of their native tribes. They brought with them knowledge of the drug trade on an international scale along with the MS13 criminal organization to aid in their business ventures. The people that handled them made sure that they weren't hampered by local law enforcement during their adjustment period. Mexico has had a great deal of trouble keeping these guys out of their county as well. Due to the training that they were provided, high level connections and physical appearance they are often mistaken for Mexicans.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Excuse me but I am Hispanic. My Family was in Texas before it was a republic. I am a plumber, and I rejoice when I go on a job and there arent 20 Illegals working on the same house, because I know American Workers who are put out by these CRIMINALS. If an immigrant has a Visa, or a green card or is applying for citizenship, awesome! gratz! Welcome, Bienvinedos! However thieves who undercut the people who make up our country are not welcome in my book.
Jude thomas Rodriguez

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
1. They are breaking the law crossing the border, hence the name illegal alien.
2. It's not fair to those immigrants who follow the rules.
3. They do not pay taxes and are a drain on resources for legal Americans.
4. They are bypassing medical checks and reintroducing diseases.
5. They are bringing their gang(MS13) mentality with them.
They have entered the country illegally which makes them criminals. They are taking jobs away from the Mexicans who entered this country LEGALLY. They are an invading army trying to occupy the United States Of America and create a new country called AZTLAN. I can keep going with this, but it pisses me off too much.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by A TRUE AMERICAN]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by A TRUE AMERICAN

Many of your points have been discussed. We have concluded that we are all criminals under the numerous laws of the United states.

However this is a new one:

They are an invading army trying to occupy the United States Of America and create a new country called AZTLAN.

What is your source on this?

It has been said that 1% of the population owns the wealth of 99%. Does no one else see the absurdity of blaming anyone else but the 1% for their financial woes? We are actually attempting to blame those that are poorer then us. It just doesn't make sense, to me any way.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
WHAT? We are all criminals? I am not and most Americans are not criminals. Americas many laws? The ILLEGALS are an invading army and must be sent back to where they came from immediately. As far as AZTLAN goes, just type Aztlan into a search on Google or You Tube.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think what is meant is all adult Americans have broken some law. For example in the state of Massachuestts it is illegal to put anything in your compost heap that did not originate on your land. so the carrot peelings, outside lettuce leaves and lime that you bought from a store are illegal to add.

Idiotic laws like this that most citizens are not even aware of makes most of use "criminals"

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join