It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Persecution of Illegal Aliens

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jamamiss

Nevermind bud.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
#1 They entered the country illegally

#2 The General Accounting Office estimates that $23 billion in illegal drugs flow across the Mexican border each year.

#3 Many Americans can not get jobs and find the job they applied for was given to an immigrant (ask anyone in the computer industry where many jobs are now filled by non-Americans)

#4 People involved in Auto accidents find they were crippled by an uninsured illegal

#5 You ask for a government form and it comes back in Spanish (Just happened to me)

My anger is directed at the US Government. The illegals and American citizens are both exploited by US employers and the government. If there is a need for labor that cannot be met hiring US citizens then the government needs to adjust quotas. However bringing in foreigners because they will work for a lower wage than an American thereby putting Americans out of work and lowering the “standard wage” for that position is NOT a reason for bring in foreign labor.

The Huge number of illegals is the direct result of policies set by Congress and they and they alone are responsible for the problem. We have the technology and military personnel necessary to stop the problem but Congress is not interested. They rather waste our tax dollar attacking Iraq.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

haveing to show their hypocracy means that they already are, sorry i dont mean to offend but thats what u'r statment suggests.
but i do have to agree that would be interesting to know as well.. though i believe most americans that live there went and got sanctuary and amnisty.. though i'm sure there are a few that are hiding there as criminals..

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

i have to completly agree with u here.. i think its gov manipulated by corperate greed

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Everybody sympathizing with the illegal aliens should try going to Mexico sometime..................illegally. Mexico persecutes illegal aliens waaaay more than America does. In a Mexican jail, you will have to pay bribes for everything, including your food.

In this time of international terrorism it makes sense now more than ever to know exactly who is coming across our borders and when they are doing it. Every nation claims this right. It is not only the United States who does not like illegal immigration, but we put up with it better than most other nations do.

ALL GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS RELATED TO ELECTIONS SHOULD BE PRINTED IN ENGLISH ONLY. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A US CITIZEN TO VOTE. TO BECOME A US CITIZEN YOU MUST BE ABLE TO READ AND WRITE ENGLISH. THUS THERE IS NO NEED WHATSOEVER TO PRINT BALLOTS AND OTHER ELECTION LITERATURE IN ANYTHING OTHER THAN ENGLISH.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

haveing to show their hypocracy means that they already are, sorry i dont mean to offend but thats what u'r statment suggests.

errr. Well I guess you got me there. I do think that it is very easy to judge people when many of us would do the exact same thing in their situation. There was an interesting thread here a few months back about what a person would do if things got really bad. He posted how he would steal and murder in order to feed his family if need be. I wonder if he would be willing to migrate as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
illegal aliens do nothing but destroy our country. every one that crosses the border is stealing money from real americans. Our country is not a safe haven for criminals and its high time we start making examples of illegal aliens. I support the idea of work camps. I mean most of the aliens are healthy and come there to work so they should be put into forced labor camps until they repay their debt to society for violating our freedoms. We are in a war on terror and I will never forget 9-11 or what those people did to us and I dont want to see it happen again. Thanks to the current president name left out since it causes problems we havent had another attack since. I also support using the illegals for medical research. In my experience the monitoring of many programs is done passively. Many illegals are healthy so they would make for a great sample for medical research. It hurts me to see how people argue about freedom but this is america and we cant let other outsiders dismantle our society . everytime they break the law their breaking our country and this is our country stand up and stand proud.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

I support the idea of work camps.
I also support using the illegals for medical research.
Many illegals are healthy so they would make for a great sample for medical research.

Wow. You are hardcore. Your ideology sounds very reminiscent of a particular regime that we fought against in World War 2.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensurge

If what you say is true about going to college and making something of yourself, that's excellent.
However, in my experience, you are the exception and not the norm. I have NOTHING against Mexicans. I have A LOT against people who feel entitled to free things, don't work, join gangs, and break laws--regardless of race, creed, or color.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by harvib

very true, we need to walk a mile in their shoes so to speak.. however i think they need to try to see this from our side too.. the sheer volume of illigal immigrants are causing added strain to an already beleagured economy, corerations want cheap labor most americans who would do those jobs need higher pay due to cost of living, so a lot of factories are willing to hire illigals to offset the demand for higher pay, which is pissing off the guys who want to work but are getting beat out for cheaper labor.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by harvib

I am a veteran. Dedicated 20 years of my life, to protect and defend this country, against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Illegal's-regardless of race, creed, color or religion are our enemy. Why should we cater to their needs, when they don't make too much effort in accepting our constitution and our primary language? Today's generation are considered 4th generation of welfare recipients. I guess it pays to to be an illegal in this country. What other nation, put's it's illegal's ahead of their own, US born citizen? Only in America.................

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
All I have to say at this point is

Press 1 to continue in English....

huh???????

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

huh???????

Exactly!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

huh???????

Ok. Can you help me to understand why this would bother you? Should other cultures not be allowed in America? I find this confusing as I thought America has always been a melting pot. Would this still bother you if migrants were coming in legally? I thought the premise of the majority was it is not a racial or cultural issue. Surely this is an indication that it is, at least in part. No?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by harvib

I don't see it as persecution as much as just finally being irritated enough to finally do something about it.

Think about it like you just had new neighbors move in. Say two college students. They're young and like to party. They like their music loud and leave it on 'till 2 o'clock every night. You have to get up at 5 o'clock every day but you just can't sleep because of the noise.
The first week or two, you don't complain, (Who wants to be that crabby neighbor next door?) but after a while, you just can't deal with it any more and want it to stop.

There are steps those who want to come to this country can take to become citizens and stay here legally. It takes time, but they can do it. As long as they're willing to do what they need to do to be here legally, I have no problem at all with them being here.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Americantrucker

There are steps those who want to come to this country can take to become citizens and stay here legally. It takes time, but they can do it. As long as they're willing to do what they need to do to be here legally, I have no problem at all with them being here.

What about the steps in the citizenship process is important to you? Is it that you want individuals entering the Country to have earned their citizenship or is their more to it?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Theres nothing wrong with requiring English before they are allowed into the country.

It should be mandatory

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
reply to post by jfj123

Over one million have fled back to Mexico this year due to states beginning to enforce existing laws. Perhaps that should be done more often.

The illegal aliens have a role to play in the Globalists Agenda of reducing America to a third World country. And they are doing a great job at doing as much. This has to be stopped.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by TruthTellist]

first off, not entirely on your first point. not a large number enough to dent their numbers in each state. In fact, there's a larger number moving around other states looking for jobs.

second, really? do you really think illegals play such a major role in bringing this country down to 3rd world status? So it's not problems with the economy, it's not the large percentage of unemployed people? it's not that monkey of a war we're waging on the other side of the world? I had this argument with a friend mine. He says it's not the war that's draining us because apparently the war stimulates the economy and creates jobs. He uses the stable economy we had during WWII but truth be told, a huge chunk of the population was employed helping maintain the war machine we had going on. So no, I hardly doubt illegals are causing that much of a drain on our economy.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by Daedalus24
reply to post by Jenna

that's not entirely true. About a year after the war in Iraq started, a marine came back from active duty only to be found out by the gov that he was indeed an illegal immigrant who joined with a fake social and ID. He was just one of countless of kids who do that because they love this country and can't serve in the military legally. By the way, that story was covered by the MSM for about a week until it simply became old news.

There are also stories of some desperate recruiters that go as far as to get these forms of identification for these people who are willing to join. These recruiters will do anything to recruit, enough that one of them told me that If i was interested in joining the marines as a fighter pilot, he'd get me the number for an eye surgeon to perform Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) to fix my vision. He also told me to lie about my vision problems.

My personal opinion is that illegals should be able to become citizens if they join the military on the 5 year plan and learn to write, read and speak english fluently before starting active duty.
Obviously we are not going to get rid of all illegals so the other option would be to help integrate some of them into society while getting rid of the worst of them because they have committed crimes here or in their home country.

I totally agree with your view, but the thing is, a lot of people assume that these kids, children of illegals brought to this country at a young age, who have fully assimilated (i know a few), are a bunch of gang bangers, ne'er do well bunch of kids. People don't realize that and it's just so frustrating. I have a friend, he's a legal resident from France, been living here since he was 5, he's 19 now. His reason for not becoming a citizen? "I don't like this country enough to die for it" yet when i ask him about those kids our age that don't be given a chance to do so, he says they shouldn't. "That they don't belong in this country." It's just a bunch of hypocrisy and in his case, a slight hint of racism due to his stupid racist comments he calls "humor", but god help the poor soul that tries to use "humor" about Jews and Frenchies.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by harvib

u'r missing the point, when most of our families came here we had to learn english.. now we are being forced to learn spanish. as now in most states its required in school and no longer an elective class.. why should this be.. why not german, or french, italian, or any other language.. we all had to learn english why shouldnt mexican immigrants?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join