It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World is Overpopulated We Need A War

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

u good sir or ma'am, are absoulty right.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yes the world is seriously overpopulated it can't sustain the current population much longer and resources are being dwindled way to fast.
I think we are due another World War probably involving country's like China and India it will probably be pretty savage but in the long term will help us all.

I'd say it's pretty much a given that at some point nukes will be used by someone so it may be complete overkill in more ways than one.

I suspect if one doesn't break out nature will take it into her own hands and we will get some major outbreak that will devastate us all.

Or the final alternative we run out of resources and people just die due to famine, violence and turning on each other. Think Mad Max only probably worse.

Either way though we are all in for a rough ride I'd say the longest we have is maybe thirty years might be pessimistic or optimistic I'm not sure.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
First, Sorry about my english

World is Overpopulated... it is fact.. but we need a war?! ... tell me, are you serious?!
... we can try to fix another habitable planet or even another hard solution... but war? why? We can manage better our resource...
Sorry about my english again

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by WeNeedAWar

Have this conversation with Dick Cheney over breakfast? I heard he likes freshly severed baby heads with coffee (not really coffee, the hot blood of kittens).

Couldn't have said it better.

The whole concept of 'needing' war is ludacris. If you think the world needs depopulated, take mostly everone's advice and help your own cause. War is a horrible thing to wish on people. You say we need one now OP, but how would you feel if a warzone spilled out in your nieghborhood and all your freinds,family,children, ect. were all killed as a result of 'collateral damage'

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeNeedAWar
We need a war. The fact is the world cannot sustain itself with the current population. We need a lot of people to die either by war or by a virus. If not we will all die anyways because we will run out of resources. I think we will get this war and millions will die. I think this would be great. If we can get the population down down around 500 million or so this would be great for the world. What do you guys think?

I think if you are going to pose a solution to the over population problem, you need to spend a lot more time trying to work out a better solution...
That is of course assuming that you have already spent a lot of time working out the extent of the problem.

Using death to solve the over population problem is a poor solution and you need to employ better and more imaginative problem solving skills.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cormag

why is war needed? to depopulate the earth?? there are other means, we should let nature contol it and stop playing god, if we goto war then we will never learn how to live in harmony and the same cycle shall continue! if you want to go out and kill people you should join your local army im sure Gbush will be happy to put you on the front line against civilians

Peace from New Zealand

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

war is just one of nature's tool for OP. i'm sure a massive flood or eathquake will help contribute to the DP of earth. sometimes war is the only answer. if im put in the frontlines in a war u best believe i'll take a whole state full of enemys with me before i die.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I. Take one for the team as they say.

Like a previous poster said, start yourself....Why dont YOU take one for the team

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
If I recall correctly, major depopulation has already been tried in the past.

God used it once with a rather serious flood. Then He ended up saving 7 people, & look what happened after that. The place has gone to hell in a hand basket. Maybe He should have torpedoed the Ark & quite while ahead. Oh well, so much for mistakes.

Someone mentioned the magic word-"History." Let's explore that subject briefly... History is determined by the course of wars. Ill give some names & let's us try to remember: Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, King Edward I +, Genghis Khan, Napoleon, Hitler, Saddam Husein, Osama bin Laden,(the list goes on for several hundred pages).

I must concur with the OP, the world can be thinned. Perhaps a good old fashioned plague or something of the like.

ps- However, don't expect me to drink any foul smelling kool-aid.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DREAMING MAN

oh yeah good job. a plague!? r u mad. for all u no it can kill us all. war is a simpler solution. many die so many many more can live with more space.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is madness. We do not need war.

We live in a world twisted and ruined by inefficiencies and greed. If we used our resources correctly I believe we could sustain a human population twice as large as our current population.

Right now we have enough food to feed everyone, yet people are hungry.

We have enough land and supplies to house everyone, yet people are homeless.

We have enough water to drink, but people are thirsty.

We dont need a war, we need an end to greed!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

madness!? war is peace and salvation.its the only way. war is the only time when people take serious problems and fix it without question.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

We need a war. The fact is the world cannot sustain itself with the current population. We need a lot of people to die either by war or by a virus....

signature
Save the world. Lets wipe some people out.

Americans by far consume/waste the lion's share of resoures so shouldn't we be on top of your hit list? I have an idea. Since you are so concerned about over population, why not do something truly altruistic - sacrifice yourself for the rest of us. Go ahead! Knock yourself out! You have my support.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
wow thats pretty harcdore.

but realistically first of all the world is not over populated that is the gore effect that makes people think that. Al gore should be deprted for not upholding the american ideals he swore an oath to as a VP. its only a matter of time until he is arrested for spreading these false beliefs and we take out those people who give out nobel prizes. McCain doesnt mess around he invaded vietnam and now iraq and hes all for hitting up iran. Its only a matter of time until we have the resources to handle those issues then we can clean up things here at home by removing those who stand in the way of america and the republicans goal of true freedom in the face of Tyranny. Glenn Beck who is world famous even said that the time is going to come when we can finally get back to our christian roots one way or the other. Glenn Beck is on CNN and speaks for America to the world on alot of pivotal social issues that are revolutionary to say the least in his progressive thinking. Still though there are detractors but with all the prisons we have I dont think they will be difficult to deal with.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

republican scum. u republicans do only wat is good for your own personal interest.i bet if republicans had the chance they would start their own war to kill off democrats. ya give warmongers a bad name.

SR

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
War is pretty much a part of nature, we've been fighting since records began pretty much. Animals don't make bones about it it's natural to them to.

I got to laugh at all these people here 'Denying Ignorance' but then at the same time trying to defy nature and reality.

We're not evolved enough to not need war anymore as evidenced and it's nobodies fault but our own as a species so it will carry on and and on for thousands of more years.

Take it up with your god or mother nature if you have a problem with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join