It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo Accusers, Proffesional Misinformationists, working for Other Conspiracy Websites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I am going to thrwo this out here as a very real possibility after noticing a large increase in disinformationist accusations over the last few months. So is it possible that these labellers are working for other Conspiracy Websistes, like Rense.com to shut down skeptical or challenging arguments on the internet?

There are several characteristics which are common to these members.

Misinformationist Characteristics

1. On certain threads they accuse anyone of disagreeing or putting up conflicting or contradicting information to the topic, as a paid goverment agent, or disinformation agent

2. They rarely provide credible or scientific information to help their own point of view

3. When information is provided, they produce it from sites run by Rense, Deagle and other fanatical conspiracy websites

4. When that information is challenged, they accuse others of being paid goverment agents

5. Accuse anyone that has experience or works in a field that contradicts a theory of being in on the cover up

6. Challenge peoples credentials

7. Negelct the original topic of the thread unless it fits in with their point of view and, frequently attempt to bait skeptical members away from discussing the topic at hand

8. Sometimes claim that skeptical view points do not belong on ATS

9. Avoid repeated requests for evidence when asked or provide the same evidence over and over on a thread

10. Usually populate thread where alleged "disinformationists" are accused of lurking (possibly to try and spread disinfo rumours to other members)

11. Claim that although they have no evidence, the conspiracy must be true, when they are challenged

12. Claim they know whats going on because its on another conspiracy website

13. Attempt to influence others with similar view points that members disagreeing with their view point are paid to lie at ATS

14. Claim to be experts on disinformation tactics

15. Attempt to anger skeptical members in the hope of getting them banned from the webs biggest conspiracy website

16. Appear to have no knowledge of known science or fact, or disregard it as lies without debunking it

17. Think that ATS in monitored by the US government as its a threat to their top secret information

18. Will claim I got paid to write this thread

Anyone else notice a trend to this lately?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
"Anyone else notice a trend to this lately?"

Why? Have you been accused of spreading disinfo or something?

Mods
I really don't think we need another thread such as this - we have several on the topic already. Many of them started by the same member.

This is just throwing more fuel on the fire.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

I hate one liners, but, I have to say that you strike me as a Number 7 on Oz's list.

Star and a Flag Oz, first reply proves a point!

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
reply to post by TruthTellist

I hate one liners, but, I have to say that you strike me as a Number 7 on Oz's list.

Star and a Flag Oz, first reply proves a point!

Cuhail

Thankyou Cuhail

You're right, TruthTellist has already proven point 7 and seems to be attempting to get this thread shut down

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I first noticed this on the Prison Planet Alex Jones Forum.

If you don't support their "official Point of View" they isolate you, claim your a disinfo agent and alienate you from the group.

Add Posters who start posts like "Do you think Ghosts eat food?" and "are aliens galactic racists"?

I keep seeing pointless posts which lead to nothing important or valuable.

Lately I see a lot on this site.

Who let the agents out? Really?

I have heard Alex Jones yell at the top of his lungs....."Those No Planers are all Agents trying to spread disinfo in the 911 truth movement!"

Since when did one person become an authority on Conspiracy theories, which are theories and facts assembles together?

I remember a time when conspiracists would say to each other..."Cool idea, but I believe this is what happened...."

Now, everyone is an authority on everything, because they can type a few words into google, and believe they know the truth, or........they are trying to convince you there is a "right" and a "wrong" way to do research because they have a vested interest or they are being paid off.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

This is your third thread on disinfo.
It almost appears your hiding in plain sight.
This thread is in answer to the response you and a couple of others get when you enter chemtrail threads. I believe you deny haarp as anything significant either. Funny how these two are related and are imaginary in your opinion. This is what truthtellist was alluding to also I believe. You generally qualify your self in the beginning of these threads as a meteorologist scientist.
So based on that we should accept you've spent time within the workings of the military and can put the whole chemtrail debate to bed. Yes sir no more discussion on this chemtrail issue

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think that generally there has been an increase in 'taking sides' and less willingness for a reasoned debate. I guess the battle lines are being drawn! As more info gets out there and more people are getting 'educated' on the issues it's going to raise flags with certain people. They could be agents or just those who feel their world view is being threatened. But, as someone who has been using the internet in these areas for well over a decade, I can tell you the behaviour of many has definitely changed dramatically in the last 2-3 years.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by conxposer
I first noticed this on the Prison Planet Alex Jones Forum.

If you don't support their "official Point of View" they isolate you, claim your a disinfo agent and alienate you from the group.

Add Posters who start posts like "Do you think Ghosts eat food?" and "are aliens galactic racists"?

I keep seeing pointless posts which lead to nothing important or valuable.

Lately I see a lot on this site.

Who let the agents out? Really?

I have heard Alex Jones yell at the top of his lungs....."Those No Planers are all Agents trying to spread disinfo in the 911 truth movement!"

Since when did one person become an authority on Conspiracy theories, which are theories and facts assembles together?

I remember a time when conspiracists would say to each other..."Cool idea, but I believe this is what happened...."

Now, everyone is an authority on everything, because they can type a few words into google, and believe they know the truth, or........they are trying to convince you there is a "right" and a "wrong" way to do research because they have a vested interest or they are being paid off.

You make some good points there. Its funny that most people with similar views to Jones are not willing to debate their views with anyone. It reminds me of when an ancient texts scholar challenged Sitchin to debate about his translation of "Nibiru" on C2C. Apparently Sitchin refused to answer C2C's request of an on air debate

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm
reply to post by OzWeatherman

This is your third thread on disinfo.
It almost appears your hiding in plain sight.
This thread is in answer to the response you and a couple of others get when you enter chemtrail threads. I believe you deny haarp as anything significant either.

Get back on topic

Funny how these two are related and are imaginary in your opinion. This is what truthtellist was alluding to also I believe.

Get back on topic

You generally qualify your self in the beginning of these threads as a meteorologist scientist.
So based on that we should accept you've spent time within the workings of the military and can put the whole chemtrail debate to bed. Yes sir no more discussion on this chemtrail issue

Get back on topic, this thread is not about chemtrails, HAARP etc

Also thanks for proving point 5, point 7 and point 10

new topics

top topics

join