It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandma`s charge Area 51 clip!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Here is a interesting footage of guys visiting the grounds of area 51,some great footage, of the surroundings! Maybe there is someone that wants to go there?!this could maybe help you...

These guys meet up with 2 old ladies along the road....you will see in the clip what happens!

Includes the white mailbox and footage of the mountain top observatory as well as the secretive military men (security agents) known as Cammos or Cammo Men.

What do you think about this clip?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
If someone has any other info they could add please do so! or knows these people!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
well if that video is real, and from what my limited knowledge of fakes can tell it does seem to be real then those two old ladies are screwed. i cant imagine the security there letting them slide because their old ladys. and if the security knows about the video being online im preety sure they wont be very happy .

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
haha, the lady's were probably looking for a gate, but there isn't one haha. That's some hilarious stuff. Those guys looked pretty scared.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
This video just seems kinda weird to me, something is just kinda off or missing. If the ladies passed the gate and the guy came in to chase after her, why didn't he catch her. If the guy in the video said that he (the guy going after the ladies) was hauling but and that he must have been going fast, why didn't he catch them. The video caught the truck in the dirt road chasing the ladies but where were the ladies car, did they just dissapear. And why did the lady at the store or restaurant hang up the phone on the guys. Do you guys catch what I'm trying to say. Something is just off.

I'm not really all into area 51, so I have to ask. What happened to the ladies they caught (I'm assuming they caught them, since theres no where to go and I'm pretty sure they didn't dissapear).

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Creative editing. I don't buy it when they use foreshadowing, to set the tone. Whatever you do, don't go past us! Then the old ladys blow past them. Nice story, what did you do on your vacation?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
hawaiigirl,

the ladies went through and the camo guys chased after.

The camera guys, turned round and high tailed it out of there. On the way out is when they spotted the sherrif car ( who was no doubt called by the camo guys after they caught up with the old ladies ). The shots of the sherriff high tailing it through the desert is long before the signs with no entry, so thats where your getting a little mixed up.

The footage seems pretty genuine, and if anyones gonna make it to the gate and get away with it, your damn sure itll be a couple of hard hitting grandma's

I hope they are fine and it would sure make my day if both where the cooks for area 51 messing with the camara guys ( may just be my scottish sense of humour coming through ).

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If you work at area 51 you cant say you do. Its not the ordinary crowd that you think work there. You have to have the phychy to work there. If you have ever met someone from the CIA you have no idea that they work there. there is a second and third gate by the way its not just one little sign. The next is one with a pole. then one with a huge fence.
a world where no one can understand each other

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
zeetroyman! thanks for your comment, i sure do hope that the old ladies is o.k and did not get hurt!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
WOW...
THE PEOPLE AT LITTLE A'LE'INN WERE RUDE..THEY CAN CAN GO EAT A DICK.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
After they blew by the signs, the road turns to the left. That is where the guard shack is located. Unless they busted through that gate, they didn't get very far.

The woman in the bar said plenty that was wrong. To my knowledge, every road that crosses the border has two warning signs. [Well, someone stole the sign by Road Block Canyon border, so there is only one sign there unless it was replaced.]

The range land is not owned by the ranchers. They pay the BLM for the use of the land, but they don't have exclusive rights to it. The land outside the Nellis border is simply BLM property. You can cross it, but have to move every two weeks. Some of the hard core campers that literally live on the BLM property have a simple trick to get the ranger off their case. They enter a town every two weeks, buy something, and keep the receipt. This way they can prove that they have moved every two weeks.

There is some rule about how close you can camp near "infrastructure" on the BLM such as a ranchers house. I think it is 50ft. However, that isn't particularly cool to do.

Here is a panorama of the guard shack as photographed from Hawkeye Hill. It is in djvu format, which require irfanview to view. If you don't have Irfanview, install it first. Also install the plugins. Then the panorama should appear when you click on the link.

front guard shack in djvu format

This page has the same photograph in low resolution:
groom lake road

Irfanview

At the start of the video, the women said they were lost. I suspect they took Mailbox Road, which is a short cut if you are approaching from Rachel. If you fail to make a right on Groom Lake Road, you will reach the Range 61 gate. That is what Jim Wilson from Popular (Science or Mechanics) did, then declared the base had been moved.

I almost never take Maibox Road. I'm not sure how much time it saves since you can get to Groom Lake Road via route 375 in a short amount of time since it is 70MPH.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
hello, my name is Jake. i was there while this bizarre event took place. (I took the stills featured at the end of this video) I am the guy with the long hair. I am simply here to state some facts for you viewers. We were simply visiting area 51 to see the sign, take pictures etc.. as i am sure many of you have done before. My friend was documenting our trip, that is why there is so much footage other than the actual event. This footage is amazing due to the fact that it is footage of people actually going past the signs and the cammo men taking action. We are still not sure what happened to the women featured in this video. The phone call is made to see if the lady's ever made it back to there hotel. All I can hope for is that this video is not taken off the internet. (that would be a shame) by the way, i really enjoy reading you guys comments and thoughts and explanations etc.. , just enjoy this video for what it is! thank you

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Cool thread! Entertaining. I doubt those gramma's got anything but a slap on the wrist though. IMO, the video is authentic.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
In 1998 I went with my cousin, sister and Aunt to Rachel and the "Area 51 research center" which was run out of a little trailer (I out an area 51 coffee mug and looked at conspiracy theory pamphlets and pictures of dead cattle. I believe this "center" has been shut down in the last few years(something I heard -a rumor that it was shutdown by the government).? Rachel has probably about twenty trailers and the Little Ale'I'Inn -I think I had a drink with some snappy alien name that I can't remember. After we went searching for the unmarked deadend road. Even though the road wasn't marked we knew it was it because it was the only grated dirt road out there and was wider than other dirt roads out there.

This video is kind of cheesy but a fun souvineer for them I am sure. It was all very similar to our experience. We could see a white truck up on the ridge as soon as we neared the end of the road and it backed up and pointed in our direction. We didn't get out of the car when we took our photos and we kind of just peeled out of there.
The truck chased all the way down the road to the highway and then turned back around and went back towards the gate.

I have a few funny cockeyed pictures from nervously taking the photos through the car window at the signs. We also have pics from Rachel and next to the Extraterrestrial Highway sign. It was good times and geeky times. I can say that I was there though.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I am the filmer/editor of the video posted. A friend of mine let me know that I had been linked to another site so I checked it out and read the comments. The video is authentic and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have. I noticed about 3 typos came through in the final version. But I went back and corrected them and may post the perfect version at a later date.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Well done on the vodeo,you can't say you didn't warn them not to pass you & they still went ahead.Pity you did not stay & see the outcome but you may have got tangled up in the mess.Do you re-call the date.
Keith UK.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I am the filmer/editor of the video posted. A friend of mine let me know that I had been linked to another site so I checked it out and read the comments. The video is authentic and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have. I noticed about 3 typos came through in the final version. But I went back and corrected them and may post the perfect version at a later date.

It seems to me you were more than happy to allow those old ladies to overtake you and run past the signs, just because you "Warned them" (they're obviously completely ignorant to A51, even thinking that there was a gate - why not tell them about the signs? The old lady obviously didn't hear your quick "don't go past us" as yshe was walking off) - anything else is fair game eh?. You didn't attempt to stop them, just watch them go past you (oh well, get the camera out and lets hope to catch some good fireworks). I bet it made your day when they ran the sign and you got it all on camera.

Don't you feel guilty about what might have happend to them? I guess not from the "goodbye old ladies" remark.

And from your Youtube comments I can tell you couldn't give a damn about another human being.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by AirSolaris]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
That video does look authentic...anyway, it was hilarious when those grandmas took off right past all the warning signs...

[edit on 9-8-2008 by laiguana]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
No one was happy that they were going by us. What you DIDNT see was them actually pass us because I put the camera down and stopped recording. The woman at Rachel (off camera) told us that when the speed limit dropped to 25, about a quarter mile away from the signs, to do at most 15, because the dirt and gravel is so fine that if you slam on your breaks, you will keep moving for a few more feet than you should have. So if you were to see the signs late, and try to stop going 25...it wouldnt happen and you would be taken to jail. So as we slowed down, and as you could see we warned them them to stay "WAY BACK", and they agreed to it, yet they still blew by us going at least 30 when the signs were within a quarter mile. Their ignorance and selfishness of "These guys are too f*cking slow" is what got them into what happened. We had nothing to do with their free will. If they were unprepared as to know how serious Area 51 was and to not take any risks, that is their own fault and the people in Rachel's fault for not making it clear to them to not go up there and screw around. They were STAYING in Rachel...Who goes to stay in Rachel if they werent there to visit Area 51? We assumed they knew exactly what it was, hence wanting pictures of the warning signs of one of the most secretive military bases in the world. Think about it man.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
My guess is the "grandma's" knew exactly what they were doing. They probably thought they could play the grandma card as an excuse. I wonder if it worked. They went farther than I did... what cajones!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join