It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandma`s charge Area 51 clip!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The truck is the sheriff's truck that passes the guys afterwards on their way back. He is on his way too. The security trucks and ladies are long gone.

reply to post by hawaiigurl

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

My Bad Foster!

How about the Lincon County Record?

Is that the local paper?

(Hey! I'm in New Zealand!!)

Cheers !
H

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I think the video is authentic but what has me scratching my head is the lack of overall security at the gate.

I mean, two cars come barreling down the road. One passes the other and breaches the "gate" and goes into restricted territory.

Sure the grannies get stopped but any security force above that of K-Mart security is going to stop and question car #2 as well.

Yet, they get away with not even a second look? Youre telling me that two cars come come down that road, one being a "Screen" for the other and only one vehicle is stopped and questioned?

With all the car bomb attacks over the years and recently in Yemen are you telling me that these contracted security guys dont know the oldest trick in the book?

If surveillance is so good in that area, did they get the lic. plate of the car with the guys filming? If so, why werent they detained and or questioned before posting a Youtube Video about it?

I realize that the real gate is around the bend and the actual base is miles away but the lack of overall security has me thinking something just isnt right.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
haha lol I just saw this video almost peed my pants hahaha.

wow if I was there I would follow the security going after the grannies I would at least hold back a good distance to just see what happened to them.

I assume they were looking for a gate that blocks the whole road so they went through the gate without realizing it.

I could image them getting to the base and walking up the people that work there asking where is the restroom hahaha.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by evoeight04

I know you guys were scared and wanted to get the hell out of there, BUt you guys should have stuck around to see if the grannies drove their car back out or if the sheriff took them into custody.

If the grannies were allowed to turn around and drive themselves out they would have been issued a citation (in 2005 the citation was $337.00 per person.) and give another paper that is an order not to enter or reenter military reservation.

If the grannies were not allowed to turn around they face a minimum of 6 months in jail and a large fine.

The grannies did not cross the gate because the lincoln county sheriff was called. The cammo dudes have to call the sheriff for border crossers because the cammo dudes have no authority outside of the gate. they can detain you until the sheriff arrives but thats it. its a completely different story if you make it to the gate and somehow get pasted the gate.

The video looks real to me.. could have done without that annoying music at the beginning.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The owner of the video finally made a video discussing what happened that day in nevada.
Check it out here:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
those grannies are pretty bad arse

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
At 7:54 I am pretty sure I heard a gunshot in the distance. Looks like they have put a new sign over the old one which is a shame because I wanted to go to the sign and maybe a bit past it next year when I go to Vegas. Anyhow what I think of the video is that it is not that secure, there was one pickup truck guarding the place, when it was chasing those old ladies the guys were free to take a video of the signs etc. without being chased by the cammo dudes. So the manned security did not look to tight in this, however those guys were being heavily surveiled by those things on the hills. The dust on the road as well, so when you drive a huge dust cloud comes up so that they can see you coming... That is freaky man, I gotta say, I saw this video before, the music really portrayed the feeling of Area 51, I wonder though, do you think those cammo dudes are ACTUALLY working for a private company? Or do you think they are military men but that is not disclosed so enemies of the US can't bribe them in private? It looks like these guys were probably in the military. Also I think those old ladies are now probably either paying off a heavy fine or in jail :S. Nice video though man.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
To all of those waiting for there questions to be answered, I, the maker of the video, finally made a video to discuss what happened.
Check it out here:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thank you for updating us.

I've heard many rumours to what happens when you violate the sanctuary of a highly classified base.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a question, how far is the actual base fence or perimiter once going past the first lot of signs?, could the base be reached, in the right vehicle going the right speed if it blew straight passed the first signs at a high rate of speed?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I here ya , If that was my mom or granny them guys had a handfull !

I am shure the grannys are allright maybe paid a fine , but that would of been allright to get further in just for the fun of it ,,, believe me my granny or mom would of done it

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Gotta love the Grannies on a mission.
Kind of like an octagenarian Thelma and Louise.

I wonder if they made it out O.K.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Look at the comment from your the update video, Evo.

the "old ladies" you are talking about would not appreciate being called old! the one in the back is anne, my granduncles wife!ISF they went beyond the canyon which is in range of the base, still about 7miles from it, and were apprehended by the cammo dudes! charged wit trespassing and were given a 2,000 dollar fine each and 13months of community service! she did say that the two cammos had guns she had never seen b4, even with her husband being a former senior master seargant of da air force.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
yawn boring.... everybody is soo obssed with breaching a government base

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
look guys heres the deal with what you call the cammo dudes.
you are trespassing plain and simple. there is nothing extraordinary about their job
except you guys give them job security. it is boring at times staring at the desert floor
taking a leak on the rocks. they do the same job as the other air force bases at the gates except they dont have any gates. they have the same tech we had with the surveillance equipment. it has great range and other features
that are exceptional. how is this posting for being vague without giving up detailed info?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

My thoughts are the ladies could have had a department of defense sticker on their car and they could be ex officer wives and thought they could enter without a problem.When you have a dod sticker your allowed to freely enter any base,but I'm not sure that it applies to Nellis Air Force Base.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

POVs are not allowed

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by surfnow2

yes you right,but if the ladies didn't know that they still
may have thought it was ok

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

I see what you were saying however they dont have a DOD sticker on their vehicle. Something just doesnt seem right here with this video. Its kind of feels like this is prearranged

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join