It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon and Eggs - Not My Idea of Breakfast!!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I live in a rural area in Kentucky. Farming is how a big part of the folks live around here. Most of your southern people way back when lived on fresh pork, beef and had their own chickens. They would render the pork fat to get their lard that they cooked with everyday. 3 times a day. The hogs they kill, they would salt cure them or sugar cure them and hang them in the smokehouse.

We all do this still today. There is nothing better than a fresh egg. And we make our own sausage. Me and my husband raise beef cattle , so at the end of the year when we sell off the calves we keep one and fatten it up to kill and put in the freezer.
We cut our own hay for the cattle so we know what we have in our meat.
We raise the corn and have it ground at the local feed store.
First they say eggs was bad for you, then they say there good . Whatever.
Many of the old timers I call them have lived up in there nineties. They had eaten this high fat diet all there life. Smoked, and chewed tobacco all there life. And still lived a long life, and worked daylight to dark.

But the food we consume today is so packed with preservatives and chemicals, this is why we are dying from the food we eat.
If everyone would have applied the biblical food law that God gave us, we would have been the healthiest people on earth. That is why he told us what to eat and not to eat.
We the people, Live to EAT-- instead of eat to LIVE.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Damn if shat threads like this are relevant to ATS now i guess one line posts are ok too.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
Of course I'm going to be hated

Hated? HATED? Quit playing the martyr card, guy. I love you! Your self-righteous snobbery is a hoot! I can't get enough of it! In fact, I think I'm developing an unhealthy codependency on your stern chiding.

So c'mon, give me what I crave. I had a bacon and egg sandwich WITH MAYONNAISE for breakfast this last Monday morning. Tell me what a bad bad brainwashed American I am. Tell me how I poisoned myself. Tell me how I'm a dead man.

I need it. Help me.

Please.

You see people, it's comments like this that leads Obama to criticize our approaches to living and being. We as Americans take so much for granted it is ridiculous. I'm glad I posted this thread. You people continue to prove my point. Many Americans are just big kids who are totally immature, misinformed, and in serious need of a RUDE Awakening. I tell you the truth:
We all shall receive our wish.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by StefanO

Oh man, with the rather innocent sounding names of things in this thread, like "black pudding" or "white pudding", I can't help but wonder what these berries are. Dangle berries??

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Knowledge

Oh yeah. You know what I like. It hurts soooo good. Mmmmmmm...

I'm sure I'll be first against the wall when The Great Bacon and Egg Breakfast Rude Awakening happens but it's a fate I am willing to accept for applewood smoked porcine pleasure.

Sadly, I must leave you for the evening as dinner awaits. I would tell you what it is but I am afraid that would send you into such a high state of appalled smugness you may never recover. And that would be sad.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople

Of course I'm going to be hated

Hated? HATED? Quit playing the martyr card, guy. I love you! Your self-righteous snobbery is a hoot! I can't get enough of it! In fact, I think I'm developing an unhealthy codependency on your stern chiding.

So c'mon, give me what I crave. I had a bacon and egg sandwich WITH MAYONNAISE for breakfast this last Monday morning. Tell me what a bad bad brainwashed American I am. Tell me how I poisoned myself. Tell me how I'm a dead man.

I need it. Help me.

Please.

You see people, it's comments like this that leads Obama to criticize our approaches to living and being. We as Americans take so much for granted it is ridiculous. I'm glad I posted this thread. You people continue to prove my point. Many Americans are just big kids who are totally immature, misinformed, and in serious need of a RUDE Awakening. I tell you the truth:
We all shall receive our wish.

You do realize that he is merely dishing out what you have started... This whole topic is really transparent actually. It should just read "Why do people eat meat - thats not my idea of eating!!!" And how is this even related to Obama criticizing Americans for our way of living? Misinformed? In need of a RUDE awakening!? Clearly that explains a person who chooses to eat eggs and bacon in the morning - makes perfect sense. Damn us ignorant bacon and egg eating monsters! Lead us to the fruit and oats Obama!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Can anyone explain to me how 7 pages and 123 replies managed to be coughed up over some guy who actually..

... let me space this out for emphasis...

who is actually upset because other people don't eat the same thing as himself for breakfast?

So somebody in the bacon and eggs industry got some doctors to say his products were good for you... welcome to Planet Earth. Everybody tries to get some experts to recommend their product. If there's something to it, the plan works and they become successful. If there's not, it fizzles.

Guess what? Bacon and eggs are freakin' successful. I don't care if it kills me by 40, I'd rather live half as long and enjoy my life than live twice as long sucking oats and worrying all the time.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I respect your conviction to healthy eating.
I should choose fruit more often.
I rarely ever eat breakfast but,
Sometimes, at the restaurant, before the lunch rush, I'll fry a couple of eggs, a little ham; put some buttered french bread on the flat top, with a little cheese, then the ham & eggs all plied together. and have, what we in the kitchen call, a snack. Damn, I'm hungry; guess I'll go have a banana.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
HAHA LOL, yeah I know its pathetic really... if there were a Comic Relief section at ATS this thread would be there in a heartbeat....

On another note though... all this food talk is making me darn hungry. It's only 8.50PM on the west coast of the US so I'm thinking of firing up my ozone depleting BBQ and pulling a 24 ounce porterhouse out of the freezer, then scramble up 4 or 5 eggs and fry up some hash browns and wash it all down with a big bottle of Welches grape juice.

YUMMMMMMM

-Euclid

Originally posted by mattifikation
Can anyone explain to me how 7 pages and 123 replies managed to be coughed up over some guy who actually..

... let me space this out for emphasis...

who is actually upset because other people don't eat the same thing as himself for breakfast?

So somebody in the bacon and eggs industry got some doctors to say his products were good for you... welcome to Planet Earth. Everybody tries to get some experts to recommend their product. If there's something to it, the plan works and they become successful. If there's not, it fizzles.

Guess what? Bacon and eggs are freakin' successful. I don't care if it kills me by 40, I'd rather live half as long and enjoy my life than live twice as long sucking oats and worrying all the time.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by euclid]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Oh that sounds delicious!!!! I'd have the banana too for desert!

Originally posted by corusso
I respect your conviction to healthy eating.
I should choose fruit more often.
I rarely ever eat breakfast but,
Sometimes, at the restaurant, before the lunch rush, I'll fry a couple of eggs, a little ham; put some buttered french bread on the flat top, with a little cheese, then the ham & eggs all plied together. and have, what we in the kitchen call, a snack. Damn, I'm hungry; guess I'll go have a banana.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

5'11 and 185.

Your fat. How old are you

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Blue berries and raisin bread spell diabetes. bacon and eggs for breakfast are ok as long as you are also getting enough fiber and raw fruits and vegetables.

" if money is the root of all evil then America is the root of all evil "

what other country could I have a few beers, go to a SLAYER show, go shovel some bacon and eggs down my face, then enjoy a peaceful secure quiet nights sleep??

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
"I'd rather eat fresh blueberries, apples, a frozen fruit bar, raisin bread, or other healthy fruit-based foods."

Ok. End of post. We all care that you'd rather eat something else. Why do you care enough to bash on what people eat for breakfast. People eat bacon and eggs because it tastes good. And eggs have protein, along with bacon. Eggs arent even bad for you.
Chickens and pigs are on farms, and thats what farmers ate.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

Um... i'm 185 and 5'10" and I'm extremely skinny. People refer to me as looking like a walking stick. And I'm not athletic like the person you're referring to, which means I have less muscle. Since muscle is heavier then fat, and I'm an inch shorter, I'm probably bigger around than the person you're talking to. The "walking stick." What kind of pointlessly rude comment was that anyways?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

no need to be hurtful

then again, I'd be grumpy without my yummy pork fat

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I personally believe an answer like that only explains the weak, simplistic state of mind many Americans express on a regular basis, and a direct reflection our mindset/approach to health or lack thereof.

This is an observation, not an attack.

You're a dick.

And FYI...

Eating high-cholesterol foods doesn't do that much for your blood cholesterol levels. Same with exercise. There's an effect, but it's pretty small. It's mainly genetic and whatever other factors there are. And the link between high cholesterol and arteriosclerosis isn't that strong either.

Enjoy your fatty, cholesterol-ridden foods.
They won't kill you! In moderation, of course.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

You're a dick.

Add lack of diplomacy to the list of classlessness many Americans seem to effortlessly and mindlessly express and display on a regular basis

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I always thought that bacon and eggs became popular because farmers like to eat things produced on the farm (ie pigs and chicken eggs). I have homemade bacon, egg, and cheese in a bagel nearly every evening, delicioso!

Edit: just noticed wrathchild is a fellow Ron and Fez fan!

[edit on 8/7/08 by FsuSteveO]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Knowledge

No, you're just a dick.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Mr (un)Knowledge,

I have a serious question:

Just how long have you been off your meds? I suggest you proceed post haste to the nearest apothecary and get your lithium/prozac/xanax/whatever-it-is and get back on your regularly scheduled dosages as soon as possible.

thank you for time,

Euclid

Originally posted by Johnmike

You're a dick.

Add lack of diplomacy to the list of classlessness many Americans seem to effortlessly and mindlessly express and display on a regular basis

[edit on 7-8-2008 by euclid]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join