It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon and Eggs - Not My Idea of Breakfast!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by house87
how is this a hot topic?

DUDE...

Who doesn't love breakfast...

Wish all the Hoaxes, and garbage on the fourms lately... Who doesn't want a light-hearted, over-easy, nice topic....

Mmmm....

For BLACK PUDDING, there is a link on the 2nd page, its some UK thing... looks like a pile of dung, but aperently, TASTES REALY GOOD...

Look for the Youtube vid

i love this thread...

now, should this be the BIGGEST thread of the day...

That, i would have never thought.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
when I think about bacon and eggs, all I can think of is clogged arterties, quadruple by-pass surgery, digestive disorders, and other other wreaks of havoc on the human body.

Perhaps this is more of a mental problem...

As for eggs, they're great for you. Cholesterol, yeah, but I even have my doubts that cholesterol is responsible for arteriosclerosis. But eggs, especially the yolks, have tons of nutrients. You could live off the damn things.

Bacon is another story.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think my Lex could make it Ret. I would be honored and proud. Even the thought makes my mouth water.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Being a Canadian I'm love my bacon in the morning.

Mon-fri= yogurt

Sunday bacon and eggs.

BTW I'll trade a pound of bacon for some black sausage, or blood pudding as it's sometimes called. Damn hard to find, out on the Canadian prairies.

38yrs old, 185lbs, cholesterol= nice and low.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by Mr Knowledge

OP, what the heck do you have against eating eggs and beacon? What concern is it of yours what other people want to eat? I like beacon eggs. But my favorite for breakfast is 3 scrambled eggs and a porterhouse or T-bone steak with home-fries and fluffy pancakes with maple syrup.

I eat that about twice a week. All organic, no hormone contaminated food. For dinner I eat good old fashioned meat(usually a porterhouse or new york cut or meatloaf) and taters with white corn and fresh steamed veggies.

Before I started this diet I was over weight, high cholestrol and my doc gave me the most retarded list of food I should eat. So I said the hell with that and I created my own diet. When I went back to the doc and they took my blood and tested it she said, " well... It looks like you really adhered to the diet I gave you". I said nope. And she was shocked to learn what my diet had been for the last month. I've stuck with that diet and now I'm not overweight at all (lost 20 pounds) have perfect cholesterol and tryglyceride levels and my doc says I am in NO danger what so ever of having a heart attack. I'm 5'9" and weigh 155 pounds anmd I don't even work out.

Eat organic raised meat and lots of it. It is good for you. Also add some organic veggies too though.

-Euclid

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You realize you are the hated by every fatty cholesterol challenged being in town don't you?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Bacon and eggs is the only breakfast when you are in the great outdoors. There really is nothing else. Cereal? Pshhaww... Fruits? Please....

I'd eat eggs every day, but bacon is too expensive to do that. Once a week is good, usually on Saturday or Sunday.

MMMM...bacon sandwich....

[edit on 6-8-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I personally believe an answer like that only explains the weak, simplistic state of mind many Americans express on a regular basis, and a direct reflection our mindset/approach to health or lack thereof. Somebody please, humor me!!!!

In moderation its not bad at all. Personally I don't eat anything fried or baked for breakfast. Mostly because I can't stand warm food in the morning. My breakfasts are really dulll with some fruit and bread.

Still I don't think people who do should be scalled like the way you are doing in your post. I bet you drive a car, thats dangerous too, bad for the enviroment as well. But that doenst stop you?

And back on the healthy part, sure you can live your life avoiding everything that is potentially dangerous to your health. Man i bet you will love living 10 more years not having spend the past 70 eating and doing what you enjoy.

I smoke, because I enjoy it. I do drugs, because I enjoy it, I drink alcohol every now and then, because I enjoy it. I know its dangerous and shortens my lifespan. But honestly I dont have to live 90+. I'd rather enjoy myself now then be old and barely able to stand and whimper away in a oldfolks home.

Each his own

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
As rapper Nas stated:

"You can hate me now...but I won't stop now"

I won't stop posting food-related controversy for the "fatty-cholesterol challenged" or anyone else who chooses to neglect their health due to their lack of knowledge about health and the choice to choose foods that taste good over foods that are good for your body. Of course I'm going to be hated, but I'm putting out the truth. Many meat-eating Americans continue to live in denial. It's a shame.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

I couldn't agree more. If someone tried to take away bacon in Oregon, there would be an armed revolt. We also eat a lot of fresh/healthy things but gotta have bacon. Heck, I'm a lightweight, I know several guys who would consider a pound to be the minimum serving size

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
if baby kittens tasted like bacon, I'd fry me up a whole big mess of them.

hmmm kittens

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
A bacon tomato sandwich. I'll die later. Let the rapper pound salt. If I lived on alfalfa greens and lived to 109 it wouldn't be nearly as fun.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I could be wrong, but i belive thats a fairly american specific breakfast, perhaps originating from England. When I grew up i remember eating breakfast sandwiches, cereal and stuff, and if eggs, they were always boiled:-)

I think the times have changed too, now we can eat breakfast 24/7 and that a good thing right

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild

BTW I'll trade a pound of bacon for some black sausage, or blood pudding as it's sometimes called. Damn hard to find, out on the Canadian prairies.

Ahhhhhh! I totally forgot about that, in Sweden we call it blood sausage.......Blood sausage with lingon berries = DELISH

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
Of course I'm going to be hated

Hated? HATED? Quit playing the martyr card, guy. I love you! Your self-righteous snobbery is a hoot! I can't get enough of it! In fact, I think I'm developing an unhealthy codependency on your stern chiding.

So c'mon, give me what I crave. I had a bacon and egg sandwich WITH MAYONNAISE for breakfast this last Monday morning. Tell me what a bad bad brainwashed American I am. Tell me how I poisoned myself. Tell me how I'm a dead man.

I need it. Help me.

Please.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
While I agree with you that the food pyramid of the late 60's/early 70's had a lot to do with selling certain products, everyone followed it and some people stayed healthy and some did not. It's all about the genes.
Some people who smoke live to be 100 years old, some die at 35. Again the genes.
People will consume what they want..period. Good for them, bad for them, on a diet, off a diet.
Have the problem is that the media changes what we should be eating on a regular basis. Eggs are good for you on week, the next week they are bad for you.
A glass of red wine with dinner for the tanons. Supposed to be good for you. A glass of wine every day and most say you're an alcoholic.
Etc, etc.

Live life, be happy. It's not up to you to save me or anyone else. Life is all about the choices that we all make, as you know.
I happen to love bacon and eggs on a regular basis. My cholesterol is great as is my BP, and I'm in my 40's and I smoke.
Like I said, it's all about the genes.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It isn't all that hard to figure out if you look at our roots in this country. Livestock such as cattle and pigs were hearty and easily raised. I mean it wasn't as if our ancestors were a bunch of vegetarians just eating what they found as they moved west. No they had livestock of different types to sustain them over dangerous, unpredictable and unforgiving lands. It isn't some huge conspiracy to make fruit and veggie lovers cringe in despair or anything.

It is about the sort of foods available, how easy they were to raise and move along the trail. Protein will get you a lot further down the trail than a handful of blueberries, just sayin.

If you work that into each generation even after we moved all the way west and were settled so to speak, it is something that just sticks with what people believe to be a solid type of meal. That and we all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day... or so the voices tell me. LOL Protein takes me further in the day before I get hungry. The days that I wake up and have mostly fruit then I am hungry way before lunch. Now to be fair, I don't eat eggs and bacon, but I grew up eating that. Now I eat oatmeal, orange and bacon on rare occasion. I like it, you don't, big deal. I hate blueberries... so does that make you a freak for eating them?

[edit on 6-8-2008 by MaMaa]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm glad you're so concerned with what everyone eats for breakfast. Why don't you lobby for a law or mandate to be passed? I don't think we have quite enough nanny-state laws yet.

We can all sit down to a granola bar and some yogurt under the dim poisonous light of our mandated flourescent bulbs, while we peddle our modified bicycles running on our own methane gas to run the bulbs, while we dream of what we can do with the 35% of our paychecks that we're allowed to keep...Ahhh the future looks bright, except in the dimly lighted shacks we will all be living in.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
'With Mayonnaise'! Now your over the top! I'll refer you to Cheneys heart surgeon.
Salad is for rabbits.
Beer for my horses, whiskey for my men.
And damn the torpedoes.

[edit on 8/6/2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 8/6/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join