Bacon and Eggs - Not My Idea of Breakfast!!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I don't know anyone who works a physical job(myself included) that just eat fruits for breakfast and not be hungry an hour later. I guess thats fine if you work in some air-con nightmare of a job in some city, however most people do physical jobs and need more than that. If you actually burn the calories you intake, there is no real problem in eating bacon and eggs.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Great, now I can't get the yearning for the following (huge, not-every-day) breakfast out of my head:

Fried eggs, over-medium
Square sausage
Potato scones
Baked beans
Toast, buttered
Bacon, extra crispy
OJ, fresh-squeezed
Coffee

Thank you, thread!

PS: If you haven't ever had potato scones, try them. Great for breakfast, easy to make; cook up a big batch, keep 'em in the fridge, then fry 'em up to reheat. Here's a recipe.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
why does ther need to be any reason other than they taste good? sure fruits and veggies are great but i find that often a hearty breakfast with bacon eggs sausage gravy whatever is quite a bit more fufilling than some twigs and berries
and its rather presumptuos to say people who eat bacon and eggs are weak minded. didnt know enjoying greasy deep fried golden GOODNESS was weak salad is all well and good but cows eat salad i eat cows and the world keeps on turnin mmmmmmm meat

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Eggs are great for a hangover and so is the fat in bacon. So in my opinion alcohol being such a major substance in the past for most cultures, that people were able to find the best food for the day after a hangover. Eggs have an enzime that helps reduce alcohol instomach or headachs something like that and it is a proven fact that fat absorbs alcohol. To me it makes common sense why those items became the first food to eat in the morning. Also burned toast is also good for the day after a hangover

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I eat bacon by the pounds, I love eggs in many forms, I love to eat red raw meat, and Pork. I love Meat, and I am not a tree hugger. I am in excellent health and just had a check up. I am fit as any 30ish aircraft mechanic guy. I know oneday I will grow loder and get heart problems and die but I'm good with that. I really don't want to live to be 100 and eat baby food, and have to have a nurse change my butt every couple of hours, like I was a baby. I have a tag on my neck telling perimedics not to even try to bring me back, if I have any type of death experiacne.
I am tired of everyone else tring to tell me what to eat and what not to eat. What to say what to do, how to act, I'd tired of the peace love and not war people tring to dictate their way of love to me and expect me to follow.
now if you will stop interupting imporant people disscussing important things, and put this knid of junk in BELOW TOP SECRET.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I'm not going to read 8 pages of responses about breakfast, but I will say this ... If I don't get my egg and bacon on an english muffin for breakfast, then I may not make it to lunch in a happy mood.

Sure, fruits are good, but a fast crash will follow, if that's the primary diet. Some of you must have an easy life to just eat fruit for breakfast.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Thank God for eggs and bacon. It's yummy, that's why people eat it.

Me, perfect breakfast would be

2 Pork Chops
3 Eggs (Over Easy or Scrambled)
Hash Browns with Onions, Peppers, Ham, and Cheese
1 Bisquit with Sausage Gravy
4 Slices Toast with tons of butter
Couple slices of Tomato
Glass of Rice Milk (see, I drink healthy at least... hehehe)

[edit on 7-8-2008 by thecandyman]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Eggs are fine. The idea that they are bad for you was before they discovered HDL and LDL cholesterol. One being bad that clogs arteries and the other good which clears the arteries (ie binds to the bad one). Eggs are full of good cholesterol. Although if you fry them its kind of self defeating. Boiled eggs and wholemeal toast, much better. Bacon, like all "bad" things are OK in moderation but only become a problem when consumed in large quantities.

Historically why would you eat the grain you feed to your animals? Anyway you would be amazed at whats in a bowl of cereal with semi-skimmed milk. I compared that with beans on toast and I rarely have cereal for breakfast now!!!! Compare the salt, sugar and fat between the two.......

So beware since apparently "healthy" food is not necessarily more healthy, you need to read the labels.

One last point of interest. Do some reasearch into the "research" about what constitues healthy consumption of food, drink and nutrients. There is an awful lot of bull...t around and very dubious research methods.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Who says its unhealthy? Our trusting medical community..haha! I'll take the life span of my family to test how healthy eggs and bacon are, rather then some "health" guru who thinks fruits and nuts are the ONLY choice.

Both great grandparents on both sides
FARMERS
Grandpas: Died at 91 & 89
Grandmas: Died at 94 & 91

All four of them fried ALL meat and potatoes in LARD...all four ate, what you call unhealthy, 7 days a week for THAT LONG!!! Obviously NOT so unhealthy.

One set of grandparents (Dads)
Grandpa: Died at 86
Grandma: Died at 88

One set of current grandparents (Moms)
FARMER & MILL SEAMSTRESS
(Alive and healthy)
Grandpa: 77
Grandma:79

Both sets ate bacon and eggs for breakfast AND sometimes dinner...

My point is...people like it, its NOT bad for you...so you can have your bird feed..lol...(no offense, just messin)!!! I think the key here is activity. You can eat anything you want and live long AND healthy if your DOING STUFF. These days people are lazy...they work an 8 hour office job and then?????????? NOTHING...so the eggs and bacon ARE cloggin the arteries....we as a society these days aren't raised tough and firm and to work and be active....the true brainwashing is to eat nuts and berries and have these health crackheads sell supplements and try to tell you how to eat, how to sleep, how to work out, how to RUN to the doctor for EVERYTHING...and that ONLY THEY have the answer for the cure or question. When bottom line...people who eat healhty EVERY DAY...drop dead just as much as those who eat like me and my family...

SO...to those who are going to fry some eggs over easy, make some toast..get some bacon..and a HUGE glass of OJ...I'll send u a cheers in the morning when I'm at my table enjoying porky and the chics...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I really think that its down to your tastes. While Bacon & Eggs isn't your idea of breakfast fruits and all that might not be someone elses idea of breakfast. In my own personal opinion I love bacon & eggs, its a great breakfast after a big night out

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
148 replies (incl my own) is this the best A.T.S members have to offer? next we will be reading threads of shopping lists and household chores. Come on..........

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I do this most mornings... honestly!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I eat bacon and eggs for the same reasons Aliens eat baby people...

I'm hungry and it tastes good...

This is relevant because people always ask "why would the aliens eat us?"

and it really is the same reason we take an aborted baby chicken and scramble it with cheese... you just choose not to think about it...

bacon is pretty sick too... Pork is the closest meat to human flesh... and we gobble it up...

So... if you want to be healthy and you care lol

Just think of it like that when your about to ask for Eggs and bacon... just say it as:

Bird Abortions and simulated Human flesh fried in it's own greese...

The... when your still hungry...you will understand why the aliens will eat your babies...

P.S. don't vomit

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
OP, you are saying people who eat bacon and eggs have been brainwashed, have you ever thought YOU'RE the one being brainwashed into eating Bird food (i.e dried fruit bars etc)

It works both ways? Every advert you see these days is for fruit or dried fruit bars or whatever, you very rarely see any adverts for bacon.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Knowledge

And why shouldn't we choose an early death over a lifetime of crappy breakfasts? Live fast, die young, thats my philosophy. Awell as eating bacon and eggs at least 3 times a week, I also smoke 20-30 cigarettes a day, drink alcohol every day and use recreational drugs a few times a week. But thats just one side of the story. I also own a greyhound who I walk twice a day, I work out three times a week and I play for a local football team. Believe it or not I even played rugby for England schoolboys between the ages of 15 and 17 and I smoked even then. There are too sides to every coin and in touting your own perspective while suggesting that you do not want to hear the other side of the story you are not stimulating debate, you are looking for reassurance of your point of view.

Personally as an agnostic erring on the side of atheism I dont really care how long I have left as in my opinion all we have in life are memories, and you cant take them with you, so enjoy it while you can.

Also an active lifestyle is much more important than a healthy diet.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Bacon and eggs in the morning?

This doesn't even have to do anything with the fact that i'm a vegetarian. I've been a vegetarian for quite a few years now, but not all my life. And i can tell you i would have never ever eaten such a greasy stinky breakfast!

BUT. There is one thing i learnt the hard way, i guess because i'm a vegetarian. People don't like food nazis. People don't like other people preaching to them about what they should or should not eat. Most people know when they're eating something unhealthy, and still they do it, because they like it, or they're adicted to it, or they simply don't care. And you can't blame them! We're all the same, none of us likes some smart-a** telling us "uuuuh, you know that's not good for you, riiight?"

Me, i just try to set an example i guess. If people wanna follow it, fine. If not, it's their choice. I just stick to my fruits, yoghurt and muesli in the morning.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
OP, you are saying people who eat bacon and eggs have been brainwashed, have you ever thought YOU'RE the one being brainwashed into eating Bird food (i.e dried fruit bars etc)

It works both ways? Every advert you see these days is for fruit or dried fruit bars or whatever, you very rarely see any adverts for bacon.

amen... we are omnivorous... some of us tolerate animal products better than others...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
Can anyone explain to me why or even how bacon and eggs became such a popular breakfast food. Personally, I'd rather eat fresh blueberries, apples, a frozen fruit bar, raisin bread, or other healthy fruit-based foods. I mean after all, when I think about bacon and eggs, all I can think of is clogged arterties, quadruple by-pass surgery, digestive disorders, and other other wreaks of havoc on the human body. Can anyone explain to me why they would rather eat bacon and eggs other that they like the taste? I personally believe an answer like that only explains the weak, simplistic state of mind many Americans express on a regular basis, and a direct reflection our mindset/approach to health or lack thereof. Somebody please, humor me!!!!

Honestly, I am appalled by some of the responses I've been reading here so far. This confirms what I've believed all along. People would rather choose death over health all for the sake of defending their right to continue to eat fast (heart-attack) food. I bet that's why they call it fast food. The fast-cooked journey to a fast death.

UPDATE:

After slaving through all of the horrific responses I've receiving, I believe I've found the response I've been looking for. I credit sp00n1 for this. Looks like a man named Edward Bernays is the culprit responsible for mass brainwashing of millions starting with of all people, medical physicians, which doesn't surprise me. According to Source Watch:

In order to promote sales of bacon, for example, he conducted a survey of physicians and reported their recommendation that people eat hearty breakfasts. He sent the results of the survey to 5,000 physicians, along with publicity touting bacon and eggs as a hearty breakfast. www.sourcewatch.org...

Great job sp00n1. This is precisely what I was looking for--The mastermind responsible for ruining the American Breakfast. Edward Bernays is the culprit. How low of him to manipulate innocent, naive, yet incompetent physicians who probably had no idea what they were getting themselves into.

This explains it all. Looks like billions and billions really have been served. Thanks sp00n1

[edit on 8/6/2008 by Mr Knowledge]

so because its not your way, its wrong? have you ever thought that eggs and bacon are proteins that are as vital to the human body as those simple carbs you eat every morning? without proteins, your body can't make more tissue and that means that there is absolutely little your body can do to repair any injury you may get. stop complaining. live a little.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge

Originally posted by house87
how is this a hot topic?

You can't be serious. You've got to be the most pessimistic person on ATS
not pessimistic. just realist. it's a hot topic all right. it's a hot topic because this caught the eye of some people who disagreed and voiced their opinion. people to whom you so eagerly implied that they were arrogant or pompous by saying that they were "high on their horses". no need for insults, pal. just because you want to die of some lack-of-protein induced anemia, doesn't mean we should be dragged for the ride. everything in moderation, my friend.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I wonder why everyone is so surprised about the amount of replies?

Everyone eats breakfast, hence everyone has an opinion.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join